• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

NighthawkXL

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to play this on Dolphin via Netplay, me and my buddies have everything setup properly but due to it not being a ISO we can't launch Project M using the mod due to the way netplay is started. The latest ISO maker for PM doesn't work, though I suppose it could be fixed to do so. Anyone have any insight, it's be great!

RoyDestroyer01

Smash Rookie
Anyone else having an issue selecting the bottom half of the characters on the character select screen? It won't even let me choose them :(

Ernie3000

Smash Rookie
Hello! I've tried downloading but the download doesn't start... Any help?

The download "begins" but it just stays there at (0.0/1.2 GB, 3 hours left) is it because many people are downloading it at once?

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
The custom CSS makes the characters on the bottom unselectable. I also can't configure players 2 and 4. Is this normal? Is there any way I can get rid of the custom CSS?

And only about a quarter of the stages that are supposedly in PMPE are actually there. The rest are just regular PM stages.

Did I do something wrong...?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
The custom CSS makes the characters on the bottom unselectable. I also can't configure players 2 and 4. Is this normal? Is there any way I can get rid of the custom CSS?

And only about a quarter of the stages that are supposedly in PMPE are actually there. The rest are just regular PM stages.

Did I do something wrong...?
Are you clearing your sd card and adding my whole pack in? You need the gct and all the coding to make the bottom selectable.

Make sure to format your card because it works for me. And the issue with removing players is being resolved soon hopefully.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Are you clearing your sd card and adding my whole pack in? You need the gct and all the coding to make the bottom selectable.

Make sure to format your card because it works for me. And the issue with removing players is being resolved soon hopefully.
OK, thanks. So I need YOUR gct?

@ R RoyDestroyer01 Read Patt's post. We had the same problem.

Ernie3000

Smash Rookie
Ok... The game disables my controller right when I start it. I'm using an unhacked Wii U and I've done all the correct steps. When I go to vault and then to stage builder everything works fine. As soon as the Gecko OS appears my controller becomes disabled and there's nothing I can do but shut off the game. I've tried re-syncing but nothing happens.

Ernie3000

Smash Rookie
How old is your PC?
The problem wasn't my pc it was my internet... I live in a third world country where internet speed varies from decent to to tortuously slow. I downloaded everything and did everything I was supposed to but now my problem is that the launcher disables my controller...

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
No matter what, only the audio file X01.brstm or the Melee menu music is played on the menu screen. I had implemented my own music and the first file works but not consistently. Out of five times I load the menu screen, maybe one to two times it plays X01.brstm. The Melee menu theme is played all other times.

I find this odd considering all menu audio files (X01.brstm, X02.brstm, X03.brstm) are my own custom songs. These files were all created the same way, so I don't think that the brstm files themselves are the issue. Any insight?

Additionally, it seems like I'm not the only one experiencing problems with custom audio. Sometimes, the song from the previous stage will carry over to the next stage. I was playing Final Destination (N64 Version) and that music played again on Metal Cavern, replacing the normal Vs. Metal Mario theme (whatever it's called). This problem and the one I reported above persist with reformatting and a fresh download.
my problem is that the launcher disables my controller...
It's a hardware problem with your wii mote or low batteries.

Last edited:

Ernie3000

Smash Rookie
No matter what, only the audio file X01.brstm or the Melee menu music is played on the menu screen. I had implemented my own music and the first file works but not consistently. Out of five times I load the menu screen, maybe one to two times it plays X01.brstm. The Melee menu theme is played all other times.

I find this odd considering all menu audio files (X01.brstm, X02.brstm, X03.brstm) are my own custom songs. These files were all created the same way, so I don't think that the brstm files themselves are the issue. Any insight?

Additionally, it seems like I'm not the only one experiencing problems with custom audio. Sometimes, the song from the previous stage will carry over to the next stage. I was playing Final Destination (N64 Version) and that music played again on Metal Cavern, replacing the normal Vs. Metal Mario theme (whatever it's called). This problem and the one I reported above persist with reformatting and a fresh download.
My controller works fine with everything else. New and full batteries and everything. I'm playing on a Wii U... It seems I won't get the fun afterall...

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
My controller works fine with everything else. New and full batteries and everything. I'm playing on a Wii U... It seems I won't get the fun afterall...
This happens with every Wiimote you try? Another user had your exact problem and fixed it by loading the mod with a different Wiimote.

Ernie3000

Smash Rookie
This happens with every Wiimote you try? Another user had your exact problem and fixed it by loading the mod with a different Wiimote.
Now that's a problem... I only have one wiimote... I will try re-syncing before starting the game. Thanks

Ernie3000

Smash Rookie
Now that's a problem... I only have one wiimote... I will try re-syncing before starting the game. Thanks
Alright! I tested it out at a friend's house and we had the same problem with the controllers available UNTIL we found a white wiimote that doesn't have motion plus integrated; that wiimote wasn't disabled by the launcher. everything else worked fine... Now all I need is to get a white wiimote with no motion plus integrated...

Stoney65

Smash Cadet
Alright! I tested it out at a friend's house and we had the same problem with the controllers available UNTIL we found a white wiimote that doesn't have motion plus integrated; that wiimote wasn't disabled by the launcher. everything else worked fine... Now all I need is to get a white wiimote with no motion plus integrated...
Lucky for you, those are the cheaper ones.

dizzyhorse789

Smash Rookie
Hi. Im a little confused. I dont know what to download from the folder. Do I need any of the extra folders? If someone could help it would be awesome

Polonoid

Smash Rookie
Just made an account to thank you for putting time and effort into creating this pack. But I have one suggestion. Would it be possible for you to remove the blocky and classic r.o.b. and put the virtual boy rob back in as well as add the wii rob instead?

Thanks again!

Ernie3000

Smash Rookie
Hella Fun!!! Loved playing as Johnny Bravo fighting against Mr. Krabs. It is amazing to see how well it works. The Zora skin for Roy had a small glitch in the pelvis area. I would love to play as political figures or maybe past presidents that would be awesome!!!

Booster

Smash Lord
Hella Fun!!! Loved playing as Johnny Bravo fighting against Mr. Krabs. It is amazing to see how well it works. The Zora skin for Roy had a small glitch in the pelvis area. I would love to play as political figures or maybe past presidents that would be awesome!!!
I love the Johnny Bravo skin too, I had him fight Dexter (Dexter's Lab), it was pretty fun

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
I've tried downloading your pack multiple times for your CSP icons since I also use the pillar CSS and my icons are compressed but the download doesn't seem to work. In the middle of the download it just stops and then when I try to open it, it says the compressed folder is invalid. I tried downloading on chrome and firefox and I'm having the same problem. I know it's not because of my antivirus.

any chance I can get that CSS for vanilla PM?
Sure you can. Just open up the common5 with brawlbox, extract MiscData[30], MiscData[40] and MiscData[70] under sc_selcharacter_en and then replace yours with his.

brunno159

Smash Rookie
Ive used SSBB_Mod_ISO_Builder_v1.01 to build an iso so i could use it on my dolphin directly. But im having this error when changing character skins( DVDlow read :buffer out). And i cant get the custom CSS to show. Any help?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hello everyone! I'm going to wait to release an update to this pack until the new project m releases. Until then keep sending suggestions and enjoying!

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Hello everyone! I'm going to wait to release an update to this pack until the new project m releases. Until then keep sending suggestions and enjoying!
Hey Patt, I dig the custom css character portraits you've got going on. Mind if I use them for my build? If you do that's understandable.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
*moan*

Do you have instructions for doing this with HBC? Last I checked, you only have instructions for the Gecko method.

I switched all my old files with your PMPE files (at least I think)... And it just booted into what I like to call "Broken Brawl." (It's happened to me many times before. It recognizes the clone engine but freezes at everything).

What do I do with the sf folder? I think I might've put it in the wrong place.

Help? I'm thinking about deleting everything and extracting PMPE again.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey Patt, I dig the custom css character portraits you've got going on. Mind if I use them for my build? If you do that's understandable.
Go ahead! Idea way! You will have rouse my gct which means it'll force cbliss and stage expansion into your build as well!

*moan*

Do you have instructions for doing this with HBC? Last I checked, you only have instructions for the Gecko method.

I switched all my old files with your PMPE files (at least I think)... And it just booted into what I like to call "Broken Brawl." (It's happened to me many times before. It recognizes the clone engine but freezes at everything).

What do I do with the sf folder? I think I might've put it in the wrong place.

Help? I'm thinking about deleting everything and extracting PMPE again.
i believe somewhere in this post (and my OP) is a video of a user who managed to make it work? Never tried it my self of course.

Xmjordan12345X

Smash Rookie
I'm having an issue. the mod is loading up fine, i go into the stage builder and it brings me to the launch game menu and everything, but once I'm here at that menu my controller turns off and doesn't sync up to my Wii U anymore so i cant select any of the options. Any idea why this is happening?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'm having an issue. the mod is loading up fine, i go into the stage builder and it brings me to the launch game menu and everything, but once I'm here at that menu my controller turns off and doesn't sync up to my Wii U anymore so i cant select any of the options. Any idea why this is happening?
Try a different wii mote.

Top Bottom