• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

barra

Smash Rookie
Hey there Patt.
First of, your work is amazing, it looks insane and I guess we all love it.
I´ve tried to buil an .iso with this mod and I´m having a problem at the character selection screen; I can see all the characters, but I can't choose all of them, only the half of them. I mean, all the tiles appear, but come of them are like ghosts, you can't chose any of them.
The way i build the .iso was with ISO builder; following a tutorial that really worked perfectly with the PM (only PM) mod.
Is there anything I'm missing?
Any idea of how can I solve the problem?

In addition; I can fight and select stages normally, but the fightings are only with the chars I can choose in the selection screen.
No freezing by the moment.

Thanks.

SilverPoptart

Smash Rookie
Can somebody help me i cant get this to work. I'm using the hackless method and when i go into stage builder nothing happens can somebody tell me what im doing wrong

Evil Sackboy

Smash Rookie
Hey, Patt! I really like your pack, but there's been a problem since -09. I use a PS3 to download Brawl hacks. Why? Parents. They won't let me download it on the computer. So, the problem is with the new download link. It takes me to Spencer Patheyman's files. I sit there and wait for the download to load, but nothing happens. I just wanted to ask if you could please revert back to the -07/-08 way of putting links. They took me straight to the download, and not to the folder.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey, Patt! I really like your pack, but there's been a problem since -09. I use a PS3 to download Brawl hacks. Why? Parents. They won't let me download it on the computer. So, the problem is with the new download link. It takes me to Spencer Patheyman's files. I sit there and wait for the download to load, but nothing happens. I just wanted to ask if you could please revert back to the -07/-08 way of putting links. They took me straight to the download, and not to the folder.
This work?

Evil Sackboy

Smash Rookie
Oh yeah, also wanted to thank you for the speedy reply, I forgot that earlier. Now that i've joined Smash Boards, I can tell you of some errors I noticed back in -07 and -08. The first 2 I don't know if they're on purpose or not, but Giga Bowser can't use the All-Star teleporters and can't do much damage to bosses. The next error is that the Michael Jackson Snake's picture is of some purple armored guy on the Results Screen. That's all I can remember for now.

Evil Sackboy

Smash Rookie
Can somebody help me i cant get this to work. I'm using the hackless method and when i go into stage builder nothing happens can somebody tell me what im doing wrong
When you download the file open the .zip file, then when you're inside, open the folder you see, then you should see lots of files such as apps, projectm, etcetera. Copy ALL of these to your SD card. Make sure the SD is 2GB or less, and is formatted FAT or FAT32. Then turn on your Wii or Wii U, boot up Brawl and then go to Stage Builder. If you are using a Wii U make sure you DON'T insert the SD until you boot up the Wii Menu because the Wii U Menu will delete Patt Pack's core files. When you go to Stage Builder, if something seems to be loading forever, restart the console and try again. If nothing seems to be loading you did something wrong. Good luck!

Last edited:

tackles

Smash Rookie
I just found out your pack and it's awesome, really.
Just one question, is it possible to add Melee SFX into the pack? Or do you plan on doing that?

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I just found out your pack and it's awesome, really.
Just one question, is it possible to add Melee SFX into the pack? Or do you plan on doing that?
I like the brawl effects so if you feel like adding them I hear it isn't hard. Just search around this thread for a while :)

Al Paccioli

Smash Rookie
I´ve tried to buil an .iso with this mod and I´m having a problem at the character selection screen; I can see all the characters, but I can't choose all of them, only the half of them. I mean, all the tiles appear, but come of them are like ghosts, you can't chose any of them.

The way i build the .iso was with ISO builder; following a tutorial that really worked perfectly with the PM (only PM) mod.
Is there anything I'm missing? Any idea of how can I solve the problem?

In addition; I can fight and select stages normally, but the fightings are only with the chars I can choose in the selection screen.
No freezing by the moment.
I second this query.

You mean the reddit netplay guide right?

I'll try making the iso tonight as well and report back if I get some relevant results.

Al Paccioli

Smash Rookie
I made the iso using the netplay guide, then converted and transferred into a wbfs file and ran the game through usb loader.

I get the same issue barra is reporting, and the player 2 slot only becomes active with a 2nd player, the CPU won't activate.

I have a hunch it could be something related to the character select screen itself.

Is it possible to change the character select screen back to the original, Patt? Would you mind sharing a method to do it that's compatible with the current version of your mod please? Maybe some details on which files are involved?

Edit:
I did the same process with theytah's mod, and everything worked out fine. no unselectable characters or inactive player 2 slot CPU.

Last edited:

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
I need Some Help D:

i downloaded this project m mod but whenever i opened it nothing poped up so it was okay so i put it on my SD card then whenever i launched it the game it took FOREVER to load it took like 3 minuts then when it did load nothing changed it acted like the regular old game so if anyone can tell me how to fix this il appreciate it

Also can you add a video instruction on how to get this ready it might help people alot

im also using a hacked wii

Last edited:

Dabooze

Smash Rookie
Hey Patt I'm sorry if it had been mentionned before, but I found 2 little bugs on your latest version. First bug is we can't remove a connected controllers. I usually play with my brother and we both use gamecube controller but I always need to remove the battery from the wii remote to remove the third player because it won't let me do it manually, I can only change him for a cpu. Second bug is really minor, but when I change the stuck count during character selection by holding the number and dragging it, a brown rectangle appears instead of arrows.

Thanks for your awesome custom version of project M, I enjoy it everyday!

Krigeris

Smash Rookie
This pack is great, thank you for putting it together

Does anyone know if its possible to modify the stats of individual skins? I'd like to do some balance changes to spice things up a bit I.E. Pichu is 15% faster but 15% weaker and lighter than pikachu. Seeing as doctor mario skin on vanilla PM uses pills which register as a different element (pills can hit red pikman while fire cant) I think it should be possible, but does anyone know for sure and how it would be done?

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
This pack is great, thank you for putting it together

Does anyone know if its possible to modify the stats of individual skins? I'd like to do some balance changes to spice things up a bit I.E. Pichu is 15% faster but 15% weaker and lighter than pikachu. Seeing as doctor mario skin on vanilla PM uses pills which register as a different element (pills can hit red pikman while fire cant) I think it should be possible, but does anyone know for sure and how it would be done?
Don't think so. ... I think that would count as PSAs.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I need Some Help D:

i downloaded this project m mod but whenever i opened it nothing poped up so it was okay so i put it on my SD card then whenever i launched it the game it took FOREVER to load it took like 3 minuts then when it did load nothing changed it acted like the regular old game so if anyone can tell me how to fix this il appreciate it

Also can you add a video instruction on how to get this ready it might help people alot

im also using a hacked wii
First off:
It's the same way as Project M Vanilla. Why should he post a tutorial here when people can just look on the PM Vanilla site and do the same steps?
Second off:
It might help him if you told him what method you were using. Either way, the only method is Hackless, so all you gotta do is put it on the root of the SD card.
Thanks for asking like a sane person, though.

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
First off:
It's the same way as Project M Vanilla. Why should he post a tutorial here when people can just look on the PM Vanilla site and do the same steps?
Second off:
It might help him if you told him what method you were using. Either way, the only method is Hackless, so all you gotta do is put it on the root of the SD card.
Thanks for asking like a sane person, though.
lol i like your humor at the end of your sentence but i dont have a 2 gb sd card at hand right now so i gues il just use someoneleses build becaus there are some similar builds out there but il be shure to give this build a try when i get my hands on a 2 gb sd card

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
lol i like your humor at the end of your sentence but i dont have a 2 gb sd card at hand right now so i gues il just use someoneleses build becaus there are some similar builds out there but il be shure to give this build a try when i get my hands on a 2 gb sd card
You can take the files in the Project M folder of the hackless version here, and paste them into the corresponding folder of a homebrew build.

soultamashii13

Smash Rookie
mine does not even start from stage builder it just stays there like theres nothing i did on my SD card what did i do wrong? and how can i fix this ?

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
mine does not even start from stage builder it just stays there like theres nothing i did on my SD card what did i do wrong? and how can i fix this ?
yes i can help you but its kinda hard to explain so il make a video so expect another post after this

Last edited:

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Try to format your card first and sometimes it takes multiple times to get it started even if your wii soft freezes. Just keep trying! Make sure there are no stages on your wii as well.

Good luck!

luxmivozi

Smash Apprentice
Try to format your card first and sometimes it takes multiple times to get it started even if your wii soft freezes. Just keep trying! Make sure there are no stages on your wii as well.

Good luck!
i know that help but even tho im a unlucky person and it only took one try to get it to woth [ not counting the time i didnt know this was hackless only ] but i used a certain method that alows me to use hackless with a sd card larger than 2 gb

Top Bottom