• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
****, glad you liked it, read is all i can do, the online makes it difficult to go nuts with movement, i was shocked at how crazy you got on the stages, it looked like you had a perfect connection and i was a fat guy. Learned a long time ago that eventually there will be a gap with the pressure and to just poke at it, if I get away too much, you'll have control. Every time you were near the ledge, I was close to almost dead if not dead already, so good stuff right there. I just try to keep away from pressure and when the time comes, apply death rather than pressure, not too good at poking away until the person dies D:

Yea, the neutral A part is escapable, i just don't know how, i've seen it being done a lot though. I don't know if you have to di down, or down angle or something, i guess it might also matter on the character. I know a lot of people follow that with a down b but I've never been successful so I stick with what works with me, seems if I screw up a tap, i don't get a massive punish.
I like your approach to the lag. Having that heavy hitter makes your hits count while like I have to use like bair and nair to tack on percent till I can up smash. Your Luigi was really confusing to play, the nairs are just so fast.
I was wondering if you have any tips for me?

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
GGs dude!! was fun
Yeah dude you almost play exactly how I play! Your spacing was really good haha do you usually have people roll in when they're near the edge? and Those Falcon matches were tooo funny haha we were just spamming tech skill trying to look cool

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
lol yeah alot of people wanna tech or roll in when their near the ledge just throw out a knee and let them run into it... and you have crazy good tech skill man

Last edited:

B Rod

Smash Rookie
Here's my code: 3397 -7546 -5089
Haven't played against anyone online in Project M so we will see how this goes!
I'll be using Olimar when I'm playing more seriously but I'm not that good yet, just learned wavedashing yesterday lol
Looking forward to getting a list of challengers to play against on the regular.

B Rod

Smash Rookie
any1 up 4 some rounds?
I'll be on in 5 to play a few

edit: haha well that was embarrassing...good fun though i'll be back to get wrecked again after I do some shovelling.
wasn't ready for that at all lol!

Last edited:

B Rod

Smash Rookie
Good sets, do you main olimar?
yea I do, I'm usually not that terrible but I do have to say you're the best I've played personally. When I play you next I'll def have to step my game up! that wario is mean as hell

Last edited:

madluk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Madluk4745
yea I do, I'm usually not that terrible but I do have to say you're the best I've played personally. When I play you next I'll def have to step my game up!
I'm not that experienced playing against/as olimar, so I'm not quite so sure how he is in this game. I know his pikmin provide for a solid aerial game, and hes very versatile in the air. Try learning how to SHFFL for next time, will benefit you greatly

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Here's my code: 3397 -7546 -5089
Haven't played against anyone online in Project M so we will see how this goes!
I'll be using Olimar when I'm playing more seriously but I'm not that good yet, just learned wavedashing yesterday lol
Looking forward to getting a list of challengers to play against on the regular.
Click the link in my sig. It's a group with about 60 people in it and it has a folder where you can store and view Friend Codes.

Sorry for double post.

Jlly

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joluresa
3DS FC
4897-6267-8750
seriously dude turn the items off this is getting kinda annoying
Im really sorry D: my computer and wii are in separate rooms *nervous laugh*. But good games, your peach crushed me every time haha I gotta get better at fighting her. Your sheik is really good too i had a really tough time dealing with her even after I adjusted to the lag. And I'll be sure to turn off items for the next time, sorry again.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Alright what's your code?
ha\ha dont worry about the items i figured it was something like that. GGs by the way, i would recommend not using forward smash and dash attack so much, marth has a lotta other good ground options like down tilt and f tilt, and you should mix in some aerials to your approach as well in stead of just dash attack. Also I noticed you never DI'd or teched, I would strongly recommend learning how to do those two things because that's the main reason i was able to combo you so much and that will help you a lot in the long run.

Last edited:

Jlly

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joluresa
3DS FC
4897-6267-8750
ha\ha dont worry about the items i figured it was something like that. GGs by the way, i would recommend not using forward smash and dash attack so much, marth has a lotta other good ground options like down tilt and f tilt, and you should mix in some aerials to your approach as well in stead of just dash attack. Also I noticed you never DI'd or teched, I would strongly recommend learning how to do those two things because that's the main reason i was able to combo you so much and that will help you a lot in the long run.
Thanks for the advice haha, I'm kinda getting back into the game so i'm a little bit rusty but, I was never very good with DI haha, or teching for that matter. But I'll work on it, then maybe next time I won't take every single combo to the face haha

Jlly

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joluresa
3DS FC
4897-6267-8750
I don't know, I actually kind of like his dash, but I definitely agree I gotta switch it up a lot more.
and uggghhhhhhhhh Peeeeeaaaaaaaachhhh

Top Bottom