• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

dizzypink

Smash Lord
ggs ofna upset we got dc'd it was at a clutch moment. any advice on my play? and all i can say is that i know you just need to observe me more to punish to the next degree if you were trying to 100% WIN but i could tell you were having fun too.

got an open room for any and all
That's it for me, I have to sleep. I'd say wakeful tired beats sleepy tired this time. I'll be on tonight and early tomorrow.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Oh and btw those downthrow follow-ups as Falco are not guaranteed, you can tech his downthrow and roll away. I got too much free damage off those.
Really? I was trying to tech that half the time you did it, but I could never find the timing. When is it? When he throws you on the ground, when you bounce up, when?

waygu

Smash Lord
Really? I was trying to tech that half the time you did it, but I could never find the timing. When is it? When he throws you on the ground, when you bounce up, when?
keep in mind his wifi spikes and likely you missed the window through loss of frames. i couldnt tech your kirby dthrow in any of our matches lmao

dizzypink

Smash Lord
keep in mind his wifi spikes and likely you missed the window through loss of frames. i couldnt tech your kirby dthrow in any of our matches lmao
I only got to do it a few times, and you did tech at least twice that I saw. It's a really strong throw with lots of definite damage for such a weak character.
edit: The reason I say Kirby is weak is because he doesn't actually do much damage with one hit like Ike or Ganon or even Sheik, but he gets around that with lots of multi-hit attacks and really low endlag on lots of his attacks, as well as lots of launchers like the end of his forward air, up tilt, up air, up smash, back air, and the hammers. I love Kirby and he definitely can kill fast, but he doesn't do lots of standalone damage so you have to be precise with him.

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
GGS Ekiele0. If you want advice or have any for me let me know.

Edit:

That was actually one of the better connections I've played in. If you have a Wii Ethernet adapter and use a cable that might reduce the lag further.

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Any specific way to help lower the lag a bit, its crippling
I know what you mean, try to find people who are physically close to you, that usually helps. Then again some peoples' connections naturally clash. There are always occasional spikes, but if you connect well with your opponent it shouldn't be more frequent than a few times a match, if that. The rest should be smooth.

Ekiele0

Smash Rookie
In my match I was consistently just a short bit behind, negligible to almost any other game, but extremely crippling as I could hardly L-cancel, chain grabs, tech. But I will look into an ethernet adapter. Doesnt help that my connection isnt the best, avg ping 80-120 ms, dl 1.3-1.5, upload around .8

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Chaos dude I have a feeling you'll be winning most of our matches pretty soon. After every set of matches, you try to improve as much as possible. Are you trying to play in tournaments?

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Chaos dude I have a feeling you'll be winning most of our matches pretty soon. After every set of matches, you try to improve as much as possible. Are you trying to play in tournaments?
They are starting up a weekly league at my University, nothing too serious but I want to be prepared.

Plus I won't have as much time to play later on so I want to get the best practice possible for now. Also personally I get bored if I'm not improving at all when it comes to a competitive game.

Do you want to practice the OOS wavedash punishes now?

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Actually go head and play Captain Kirby, we can do it later. I still need to setup the Xat anyway.

waygu

Smash Lord
In my match I was consistently just a short bit behind, negligible to almost any other game, but extremely crippling as I could hardly L-cancel, chain grabs, tech. But I will look into an ethernet adapter. Doesnt help that my connection isnt the best, avg ping 80-120 ms, dl 1.3-1.5, upload around .8
yeah i compared that to mine and you're definitely going to want to make sure that you arent actually desynching while playing. otherwise you're going to be stuck to getting a ethernet or playing more regionally. my stats are 16 ping 33.5 down 4.5 up and i feel laggy as hell most the time

Mean Green

Smash Lord
They are starting up a weekly league at my University, nothing too serious but I want to be prepared.
A weekly league sounds really fun. Now I see why you're determined.

Edit:ok. Let me know when it's set up.

@ CaptainKirby CaptainKirby alright. Sorry just I've been in the middle of something this whole time. Next time tho. DDD

Last edited:

ofna01

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1134-9609-8501
I don't play offline anymore but I wish I did. A weekly league sounds really fun. Now I see why you're determined.

Edit:ok. Let me know when it's set up.

@ CaptainKirby CaptainKirby alright. Sorry just I've been in the middle of something this whole time. Next time tho. DDD
Hey mean, you wanna play a bit? we can do that combo thing we were doing with the CPU bowser yesterday, if you want.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
eh I don't care much for team matches but I'll play them. Fair warning I have no sense of team work lol
Alright. Cuz I shout you out sometimes when looking to get dubz going, I didn't know if I should stop that.
Same here dude I wreck my teammates more than the opponents. lol

waygu

Smash Lord
Was the input of all controls delayed a bit to you? It was for me.
there was a like 1/4th second lag in the matches that i was game and watch and that was why i sd a few times. once i switched to marth i had no lag at all and i see why you left now.
good games man youre a good match hoping for more games and a better connection lmao

Top Bottom