• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
GGs! You're a great match for me. I love your CF's style so much. "Lol what are stocks? I'm gonna hit you as much as I can because I'm Falcon."
Always so fun to play you!
lol thanks man, it was a lot of fun. Ganon is your new character huh?

dizzypink

Smash Lord
lol thanks man, it was a lot of fun. Ganon is your new character huh?
Yeah, and I decided I wasn't getting anywhere with Fox, and Captain Falcon is getting harder for me to play the more used to Ganon I get. I'm starting to try and narrow down my characters to ones I actually win the most with. I really like Marth too, but I can't hit those spikes and it just feels like I'm throwing out attacks without reason whenever I play him. What are some things that I can plan out with Marth so that I don't feel like I'm just swinging?

Last edited:

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
Yeah, and I decided I wasn't getting anywhere with Fox, and Captain Falcon is getting harder for me to play the more used to Ganon I get. I'm starting to try and narrow down my characters to ones I actually win the most with. I really like Marth too, but I can't hit those spikes and it just feels like I'm throwing out attacks without reason whenever I play him. What are some things that I can plan out with Marth so that I don't feel like I'm just swinging?
I just swing with Marth myself lol i'm really a noob. You gotta hit those spikes though, the Ken combo. Marth's spike is easier to hit with his back turned. The short hop double fair is good. Approach with dtilt or fair. Try to combo with up tilt and up air. Side b can set up for up tilt.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
I just swing with Marth myself lol i'm really a noob. You gotta hit those spikes though, the Ken combo. Marth's spike is easier to hit with his back turned. The short hop double fair is good. Approach with dtilt or fair. Try to combo with up tilt and up air. Side b can set up for up tilt.
Yeah I try to turn around when I can to get Ken combos, I guess my timing is just off. I'm too scared of falling too far and not getting the recovery, so I think I don't wait long enough.

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
Yeah I try to turn around when I can to get Ken combos, I guess my timing is just off. I'm too scared of falling too far and not getting the recovery, so I think I don't wait long enough.
You gotta get tricky with his recovery. If you're way out there you can fair when you jump to get a little more distance, but i'm off to bed. Later.

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
.. sometimes you make good reads and you adapt. / @ Mean Green Mean Green trati is a good player, how many matches have you played against him and what chars have he played against you? If it's anything other than the tryout sets, he might be sandbagging tbh haha
I don't remember who. And idt we got to 1v1, he never replied every time I asked. In dubs he kept letting my team destroy his. I even offered to rearrange teams and he just said nah. He just made his teammate quit lmao.

And playing "beast" mode usually happens when you're experienced/you understand how neutral games/combos work/adapting to the opponent.. and if you are given an opportunity multiple times, you should be adapting all the time and thinking 1-2 steps ahead for the start.. then 2-3.. then 3-4 or even 5, like the top players can do lmao.. and thanks
I can combo/adapt/plan ahead. But if I know my opponent is on my level (or styling is impossible) then I can't help but let them get a huge lead, to see how hard I can make that last stock work for me, since there's no stock control, and idc about losing. I play CPU's a lot and usually do up to 1:25 stock matches. Only reason I play is for looking good and clutch moments lol.

@ dizzypink dizzypink I need a 4th char in my character pool for cps and whatnot.. or just another different char that I could play at a higher level.
Ike and Roy are pretty solid cover-all chars. Just 1 char on the roster who I'd say gives Roy trouble. That's Marth, and you have one.
We should falcon ditto doe since you say you play him. I've only met like 1 person in this entire thread who plays falcon the way he's supposed to be played.

which is most likely.. you'll have to wait until nighttime to play against me. Sorry for the late reply, still kinda new to Smashboards..
Between 9-11:30 is good.
It's straight. You're doing better than trati and raz, by coming back to respond after you tried to set up matches, lol.

Don't need to respond to this if you don't want to, it's a lot of typing.
</textwall>

Last edited:

ofna01

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1134-9609-8501
I don't remember who. And idt we got to 1v1, he never replied every time I asked. In dubs he kept letting my team destroy his. I even offered to rearrange teams and he just said nah. He just made his teammate quit lmao.

I can combo/adapt/plan ahead. But if I know my opponent is on my level (or styling is impossible) then I can't help but let them get a huge lead, to see how hard I can make that last stock work for me, since there's no stock control, and idc about losing. I play CPU's a lot and usually do up to 1:25 stock matches. Only reason I play is for looking good and clutch moments lol.

Ike and Roy are pretty solid cover-all chars. Just 1 char on the roster who I'd say gives Roy trouble. That's Marth, and you have one.
We should falcon ditto doe since you say you play him. I've only met like 1 person in this entire thread who plays falcon the way he's supposed to be played.

Between 9-11:30 is good.
It's straight. You're doing better than trati and raz, by coming back to respond after you tried to set up matches, lol.

Don't need to respond to this if you don't want to, it's a lot of typing.
</textwall>
Yo mean, can you play some PM or are you busy?

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
I can play earlier than expected. Are you there Dizzy?

If not I'll play waygu if you are still there since I promised yesterday I would.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Are you coming Dizzy or should I play someone else?
Aw you caught me. I was just looking but I guess I can boot up and play. Give me a sec.
I'm tired btw, so I WILL be playing stupid.
i happen to be here but i literally just rolled out of bed, i'll be on later
Looks like we're on opposite sleep schedules. Wanna play a sleepy tired vs. waking tired match in a little while? I could probably stay on until 2 or so.

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
ofna you wanna host ill boot up

i think me ofna chaos dizzy ffa would be really fun

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
Sorry about that, went to take a quick shower. Have we played yet Waygu? Just curious, because I'm not sure if I have you added.
its alright im getting a err code anyway, fixed it by playing brawl last time seeing if i can fix it lazy. and yeah we played some in the ffa yesterday

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
GGS Dizzy, sorry for the lag. Incidentally I need to get better at teching those down throws.

Edit:

Oh so that's what that was. Any rate you need to get better at adapting, if something isn't working try something else.

For example, the reason I got so many tech chases as Sheik is because I noticed you always tried to roll to center stage. You never did a getup attack, a regular getup, roll towards the edge of the stage etc.

Edit:

It's pretty frustrating regarding my connection and those lag spikes. For the past few months my connection has been great, now I start playing wifi again and it suddenly becomes unreliable -_-

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord
ggs ofna upset we got dc'd it was at a clutch moment. any advice on my play? and all i can say is that i know you just need to observe me more to punish to the next degree if you were trying to 100% WIN but i could tell you were having fun too.

got an open room for any and all

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
GGS Dizzy, sorry for the lag. I decided to quit since you pretty much gave up anyway. Incidentally I need to get better at teching those down throws.

Edit:

Oh so that's what that was. Any rate you need to get better at adapting, if something isn't working try something else.

For example, the reason I got so many tech chases as Sheik is because I noticed you always tried to roll to center stage. You never did a getup attack, a regular getup, roll towards the edge of the stage etc.
I know, that's because I'm tired, I swear. Though you never tried to do anything to me when i rolled away from center stage. You could down air if you read it right, or walk a little and do forward tilts. At least throw a dart from the air.

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
That's what I mean, you should have taken advantage of me mostly just covering the towards the stage option, not away. Granted I know the best Sheik players can cover pretty much every option on reaction but I'm far from being that good at tech chasing.

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Oh and btw those downthrow follow-ups as Falco are not guaranteed, you can tech his downthrow and roll away. I got too much free damage off those.

Top Bottom