• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Mean Green

Smash Lord
You're literally saying that you're bad at adapting.. haha, but I understand. We should play tomorrow then. And DZ, could you host so I could play you with my Fox? I need to start getting it better
Edit:

Last edited:

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
Yeah pretty much. I basically said that already already in another post. I just play for fun and happen to be semi-decent.
Mhm.. and I'll add you after a couple more matches with Dizzy... trying to make my Fox better.
Since trati and razell don't know how to reply, how many people are in that crew? Trati was trying to get me to join, that's why he had me fight you.
It's just the 3 of us.. and he's mainly trying to let players tryout and I'm kinda leading the pack I suppose. So far no one has gotten in.. close to 10 tried out so far. Maybe more.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Mhm.. and I'll add you after a couple more matches with Dizzy... trying to make my Fox better.

It's just the 3 of us.. and he's mainly trying to let players tryout and I'm kinda leading the pack I suppose. So far no one has gotten in.. close to 10 tried out so far. Maybe more.
GGs, you done for now? That Fox is so good. I love the unnecessary shinespikes XD

Mean Green

Smash Lord

I didn't mean I'm bad at adapting, idk why tf I say the stupidest **** when I'm high. I meant what I said, that I have a slow start. I can't just simply pick up the controller and start beasting like most people.

Oh, so what all 3 started it, or you formed it? And how good is trati? We only tb'd but he didn't really impress me, tho I assumed if he was in a small crew with you he must've been sandbagging.

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
I didn't mean I'm bad at adapting, idk why tf I say the stupidest **** when I'm high. I meant what I said, that I have a slow start. I can't just pick up the controller and start beasting like most people.

Oh, so what all 3 started it, or you formed it?
I have that problem too. I get good around match 7-10 anytime I start playing unless I've been playing a lot.

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
No, usually if it happens to you or you do it, then a few other people do it or have it happen too.
Except for my Kirby down throw into hammer. I swear I have like my own set of combos with Kirby that I don't see anyone else go for.
Maybe it's because it's against the players you've went against.. sometimes you make good reads and you adapt. A few times you actually got me.. and other times, I missed a tech and I deserved to die ;P and @ Mean Green Mean Green trati is a good player, how many matches have you played against him and what chars have he played against you? If it's anything other than the tryout sets, he might be sandbagging tbh haha

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Maybe it's because it's against the players you've went against.. sometimes you make good reads and you adapt. A few times you actually got me.. and other times, I missed a tech and I deserved to die ;P and @ Mean Green Mean Green trati is a good player, how many matches have you played against him and what chars have he played against you? If it's anything other than the tryout sets, he might be sandbagging tbh haha
I'm seriously thinking about maining Kirby. Do you have any specific advice? I know I have to use up tilt more and learn to sit still and not aerial all over the place. Anything else you noticed I do poorly?

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
And playing "beast" mode usually happens when you're experienced/you understand how neutral games/combos work/adapting to the opponent.. and if you are given an opportunity multiple times, you should be adapting all the time and thinking 1-2 steps ahead for the start.. then 2-3.. then 3-4 or even 5, like the top players can do lmao.. and thanks @ dizzypink dizzypink , trati said I should start working on my Fox since it's the most difficult for me to play on wifi. So I should play Fox vs the players that would like to tryout for the team. I'm currently working on Falcon and Fox to be strong secondaries. Especially because I'm going to a monthly local this Saturday and I'm just preparing for anything that gets in my way. I almost placed last time, now I'm going to place.. no one is going to stop me :)) I need a 4th char in my character pool for cps and whatnot.. or just another different char that I could play at a higher level. It's always convenient to have multiple chars that you can play at a high level anyways.

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Tbh Dizzy I didn't notice a significant improvement in your gameplay after the first 10 matches. Well other than you no longer SDing I guess. As for Green, well we played less than 10 matches total I think so hard to say.

SnT Trash what do you mean you almost placed last time? As in you almost got top 8? How stacked is your region?

Last edited:

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
I'm seriously thinking about maining Kirby. Do you have any specific advice? I know I have to use up tilt more and learn to sit still and not aerial all over the place. Anything else you noticed I do poorly?
I don't know what they did to Kirby in 3.5.. but he seems fine to me, but you should look at the patch notes if you haven't already. space out more fairs for pressure and I think your sh n-air out of shield is working well for you. More movement obviously to not telegraph your dash attacks.. cuz better players than me will be able to adapt easily and punish that multiple times.. so disguise it and maybe even bait out a laggy move if possible.. then punish. Or just gain stage control by pushing them back a lil. Dtilt+ jab is pretty freaking good tools for pressure behind and even in front of the opponent's shield.. since you can always mix up a grab before jab or jab before grab and such.. and if you're using d-air, use it behind the shield and see what they're going to do.. maybe even put in a grab after l canceling your d-air or just jab/reverse utilt and such and once you confirm that one of those moves hits, go ahead and start up a combo or gain momentum/gain stage control by doing what you think it's the best vs the opponent/char in that situation. Definitely use more fairs and practice movement such as wdashing/wlanding and dding.. then once you get more consistent using those moves, go ahead and do your best to implement those techniques into your gameplay. I think you're most familiar with Kirby, so I suppose you should go ahead and play him for a while and get familiar with his movesets, hitstuns/combos/hitstuns and such.. also edgeguard. MAIN things to work on immediately is MOVEMENT+ 0-DEATH COMBOS OR HIGH DAMAGE COMBOS IN GENERAL+ USEFUL ADV TECHS SUCH AS WDASH OOS AND VARIOUS USES OF WAVEWHATEVERS.. and do your best with edgeguarding for now.. Imma go to sleep, if anyone in this thread needs help.. ask me I suppose, I'm willing to give info and sorry for the other players that I didn't give tips (prob was sleepy or busy with other matches) you should try out for my crew if you think you're good enough to join the group and stay. Best out of 3 vs 3 players in my crew including me and you have to be able to take 3 whole games in total when you fight 3 of us (best of 3).

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Tbh Dizzy I didn't notice a significant improvement in your gameplay after the first 10 matches. Well other than you no longer SDing I guess. As for Green, well we played less than 10 matches total I think so hard to say.

SnT Trash what do you mean you almost placed last time? As in you almost got top 8? How stacked is your region?
Wasn't I lagging a lot with you or was that someone else? I'm probably making excuses but I know that I've played super excellent before and I hold myself to that standard.

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't I lagging a lot with you or was that someone else? I'm probably making excuses but I know that I've played super excellent before and I hold myself to that standard.
The connection seemed average to me, not amazing, not horrible. I've played in a lot worse. I was the first person you played today.

Also the reason you probably don't see other Kirby's doing downthrow into hammer is because it's not a true combo. It only works if they miss the tech. Kirby probably has true combos off grabs so they might go for those instead even if they are less rewarding .

Last edited:

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice

I live in FL... Orlando to be specific. So the players that are here that sometimes/most of the times comes to the weeklies/monthlies (the one I almost placed on was the monthly.. guaranteed 8th or something, I forgot) are SS Colbol, Plup, Harriettheguy, Gahtzu, GK EikelmannRUS.. Porkchops and last time I went to a monthly I saw Christian (link main if you don't know him and he's a respectable player). Mainly Melee players, but they're all great smash players in general.

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
The connection seemed average to me, not amazing, not horrible. I've played in a lot worse. I was the first person you played today.

Also the reason you probably don't see other Kirby's doing downthrow into hammer is because it's not a true combo. It only works if they miss the tech. Kirby probably has true combos off grabs so they might go for those instead even if they are less rewarding .
She knows it's not a true combo, we were talking about the tech chases she got on me.. and I missed one of the techs so I died since I was at like 150 ;P but yeah, dthrow uair or utilt with certain DI and such.. fairs into hammer works and I'm pretty sure dairs into hammer could work as well.. I'm talking about offstage with Kirby. Just watch Chudat since I think he's one of the best Kirby mains in PM in the world. Use this site if you wanna see some vids of whatever https://vods.co/

dizzypink

Smash Lord
I don't know what they did to Kirby in 3.5.. but he seems fine to me, but you should look at the patch notes if you haven't already. space out more fairs for pressure and I think your sh n-air out of shield is working well for you. More movement obviously to not telegraph your dash attacks.. cuz better players than me will be able to adapt easily and punish that multiple times.. so disguise it and maybe even bait out a laggy move if possible.. then punish. Or just gain stage control by pushing them back a lil. Dtilt+ jab is pretty freaking good tools for pressure behind and even in front of the opponent's shield.. since you can always mix up a grab before jab or jab before grab and such.. and if you're using d-air, use it behind the shield and see what they're going to do.. maybe even put in a grab after l canceling your d-air or just jab/reverse utilt and such and once you confirm that one of those moves hits, go ahead and start up a combo or gain momentum/gain stage control by doing what you think it's the best vs the opponent/char in that situation. Definitely use more fairs and practice movement such as wdashing/wlanding and dding.. then once you get more consistent using those moves, go ahead and do your best to implement those techniques into your gameplay. I think you're most familiar with Kirby, so I suppose you should go ahead and play him for a while and get familiar with his movesets, hitstuns/combos/hitstuns and such.. also edgeguard. MAIN things to work on immediately is MOVEMENT+ 0-DEATH COMBOS OR HIGH DAMAGE COMBOS IN GENERAL+ USEFUL ADV TECHS SUCH AS WDASH OOS AND VARIOUS USES OF WAVEWHATEVERS.. and do your best with edgeguarding for now.. Imma go to sleep, if anyone in this thread needs help.. ask me I suppose, I'm willing to give info and sorry for the other players that I didn't give tips (prob was sleepy or busy with other matches) you should try out for my crew if you think you're good enough to join the group and stay. Best out of 3 vs 3 players in my crew including me and you have to be able to take 3 whole games in total when you fight 3 of us (best of 3).
Thanks for the advice, I'll check out the patch notes now but playing him nothing seems apparent. I played him a lot in the last patch too. I do mess up with my down airs a lot but there's such a big timing difference of when to l cancel depending on height, shielding opponent, non-shielding opponent, opponent height, standing, crouch canceling, or in the air. I also try to nail it with them in front of my to land my signature grab combo right after it. If you're saying I should try less for that and more for dair into up tilt then I'll see how that works, landing behind them instead of in front.
So to join your crew I'd need to fight a total of 9 matches, one set of 3 against each of the 3 recruiters, and to get in I have to win 3 of 9 matches? Or did you mean all three sets? I might try out tomorrow or sometime soon if it's only 3 matches out of 9. Is this crew very spread out or are you all near Florida?

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
-_-

Okay I'm confused or Dizzy is trolling. Dizzy you did not take a single game off me and got 2-3 stocked pretty much the whole way. This was at least 30 games.

Now you think you can take 3/9 games off players that are way better than me...

Like you're basically trying to learn how to run before knowing how to walk.

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
She knows it's not a true combo, we were talking about the tech chases she got on me.. and I missed one of the techs so I died since I was at like 150 ;P but yeah, dthrow uair or utilt with certain DI and such.. fairs into hammer works and I'm pretty sure dairs into hammer could work as well.. I'm talking about offstage with Kirby. Just watch Chudat since I think he's one of the best Kirby mains in PM in the world. Use this site if you wanna see some vids of whatever https://vods.co/
Sometimes if people are showing that they won't ever miss techs, I'll start reading them and either dash attack into a down air and try to start the grab again, or just hammer the other way. That sometimes forces them to spot tech and stand up, that's when I start dd grabbing/dash attacking/down airing or whatever right into my next grab XD It's beautiful when it works.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
-_-

Okay I'm confused or Dizzy is trolling. Dizzy you did not take a single game off me and got 2-3 stocked pretty much the whole way. This was at least 30 games.

Now you think you can take 3/9 games off players that are way better than me...
Like I said, I know how awesome I'm able to play at my best, and I essentially just took 2 weeks off. Actually I think I deteriorated from playing against my boyfriend who doesn't use any tech, so I didn't get to practice like I usually would. It's a bit of a stretch for me, but I'm getting back into my game.

Mattchu

Smash Lord
NNID
Mattchu64
3DS FC
4167-4642-2080
Hey, wanna wreck me a little? I'm gonna train my Kirby.
Sorry Dizzy I wish you would have been a bit sooner. I just told someone in a pm that I would play. Maybe here in a little bit if you're still up for it.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Oh btw, I'm a boy. The name and the fact that I'm bi do make it confusing for people, but I have it that I'm a male on my profile. Is there a way to show that without putting it in my signature? I'll check.

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the advice, I'll check out the patch notes now but playing him nothing seems apparent. I played him a lot in the last patch too. I do mess up with my down airs a lot but there's such a big timing difference of when to l cancel depending on height, shielding opponent, non-shielding opponent, opponent height, standing, crouch canceling, or in the air. I also try to nail it with them in front of my to land my signature grab combo right after it. If you're saying I should try less for that and more for dair into up tilt then I'll see how that works, landing behind them instead of in front.
So to join your crew I'd need to fight a total of 9 matches, one set of 3 against each of the 3 recruiters, and to get in I have to win 3 of 9 matches? Or did you mean all three sets? I might try out tomorrow or sometime soon if it's only 3 matches out of 9. Is this crew very spread out or are you all near Florida?
Yeah, the timing will be difficult.. but once you play more it'll become more natural and you'll feel it and get the l cancel and whatnot.. and nah, I'm just saying there is different forms of pressure and if you're able to get a hit off of a tilt.. it's more rewarding than just doing a dair into grab immediately.. cuz opponents will adapt, if it doesn't work, you gotta be able to understand the options and opportunities to create different forms of pressure behind shield and in front. Seeing if the opponent likes to spotdodge a lot, or roll a lot.. or shield a lot.. it all depends and you changing up the moves beating their defense? Well, that's great. And it'll be a total of 6 if you lose 2-0 every set. Your job is basically to get 1 win per player and you're in.. we'll talk about if you should be in or not and you'll join. Right now, we're spread out because one lives in NC and other lives in IL and I live in FL.. so I suppose we're kinda spread out. It's mainly online because the chances of us grouping together and meeting is difficult/ not likely.. so our goal is to be a group of very skilled pm players.. trying to be the top "PM wifi" crew. It's recent though, we only started like 2 weeks ago or so. And I meant 2 out of 3.. so the maximum number of games you can get vs each player is 3.. 3x3= 9, so if you're able to get in 9 games, then that basically means you're in

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
Oh btw, I'm a boy. The name and the fact that I'm bi do make it confusing for people, but I have it that I'm a male on my profile. Is there a way to show that without putting it in my signature? I'll check.
Sorry, I was just assuming because you mentioned earlier about your bf or something.. or maybe I just can't read and it actually was "gf"? I figured you were a guy though, rarely any females play smash competitively+ are competent/very respectable.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Yeah, the timing will be difficult.. but once you play more it'll become more natural and you'll feel it and get the l cancel and whatnot.. and nah, I'm just saying there is different forms of pressure and if you're able to get a hit off of a tilt.. it's more rewarding than just doing a dair into grab immediately.. cuz opponents will adapt, if it doesn't work, you gotta be able to understand the options and opportunities to create different forms of pressure behind shield and in front. Seeing if the opponent likes to spotdodge a lot, or roll a lot.. or shield a lot.. it all depends and you changing up the moves beating their defense? Well, that's great. And it'll be a total of 6 if you lose 2-0 every set. Your job is basically to get 1 win per player and you're in.. we'll talk about if you should be in or not and you'll join. Right now, we're spread out because one lives in NC and other lives in IL and I live in FL.. so I suppose we're kinda spread out. It's mainly online because the chances of us grouping together and meeting is difficult/ not likely.. so our goal is to be a group of very skilled pm players.. trying to be the top "PM wifi" crew. It's recent though, we only started like 2 weeks ago or so. And I meant 2 out of 3.. so the maximum number of games you can get vs each player is 3.. 3x3= 9, so if you're able to get in 9 games, then that basically means you're in
I see, thanks for clearing that up, so it's not just 3 games, it's actually 3 "best of 3" sets in a row.
Sorry, I was just assuming because you mentioned earlier about your bf or something.. or maybe I just can't read and it actually was "gf"? I figured you were a guy though, rarely any females play smash competitively+ are competent/very respectable.
I did talk about my boyfriend o3o
I said I'm bi in the post that you quoted X3 That's bisexual, not bi-smashable. Although...I wouldn't mind a bi-smashing =3=

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
Lmao.. yeah, I didn't think I was blind. It's 5:31am here though.. time for some sleep. And yes, you'll only play 1 set per player.. so be ready to stay on your A-game to and adapt to the chars/playstyles we have. You already know my top 3.. have I played Marth against you yet? If not, you gotta be on top of your game if you wanna take a game off of my Marth. If you haven't played against Trati or Razz, then you're in for games that you gotta be on your best if you want a chance to win any ;P ggs and goodnight.

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
@ S SnT Trash Cool. So again, how early can you play?
I have work from 12pm-8:30/9pm ish my time "today".. so if I wake up in the morning and you're on, I'll play... but if not.. which is most likely.. you'll have to wait until nighttime to play against me. Sorry for the late reply, still kinda new to Smashboards and how the posts work.. it doesn't update the page automatically for me, so I get confused sometimes.

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Someone does not drop by several levels because they took a two week break so forgive me for being skeptical. At most your tech skill might be a bit rusty.

Heck I started playing this (3.5) again a few days ago. The last time I played PM before that was for a few days when 3.5 just came out, around a month ago. Before that? I didn't really play PM at all. Never played Melee competitively either.

By your logic I should be even more rusty which is absurd. When I decisively lose to someone over and over, I got outplayed and they are better, simple as that.

I commend your high expectations and morale but you should probably be realistic with them and take it one step at a time. Otherwise you might just end up deluding yourself and being even more disappointed.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Someone does not drop by several levels because they took a two week break so forgive me for being skeptical. At most your tech skill might be a bit rusty.

Heck I started playing this (3.5) again a few days ago. The last time I played PM before that was for a few days when 3.5 just came out, around a month ago. Before that? I didn't really play PM at all. Never played Melee competitively either.

By your logic I should be even more rusty which is absurd. When I decisively lose to someone over and over, I got outplayed and they are better, simple as that.

I commend your high expectations and morale but you should probably be realistic with them and take it one step at a time. Otherwise you might just end up deluding yourself and being even more disappointed.
Not everyone is the same with consistency. I get good at stuff fast and I get bad at stuff fast, and I admit you're probably better than me, but to me it just feels like I could've done much better against you. Wanna play again now or sometime later today? I just wanna know if I'm right that I was playing worse than usual, or if you're that much better than me that I felt like I got worse when I played you X3

Top Bottom