• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
They nerfed the frames of the fsmash on diddy so it's actually not difficult to punish.. or you're now able to actually punish
Oh so it was pretty safe on shield before this? I see, I only started playing on this version (not counting a few days ages ago) , I know Diddy was considered OP before this.

Last edited:

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
Oh so it was pretty safe on shield before this? I see, I only started playing on this version (not counting a few days ages ago) , I know Diddy was considered OP before this.
Yeah... 3.02 M2 was ridiculous.. Lucas, Mario, Diddy, Sonic, Diddy, Pit.. I thought Snake was pretty good seeing Rolex and Prof Pro play.. and Mario was all around good as well. And honorable mentions are like Link, Ivy and.. there's a final tier list made by all the pros that play pm competitively on Google. You should take a few mins of your time to take a look at it.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Yeah... 3.02 M2 was ridiculous.. Lucas, Mario, Diddy, Sonic, Diddy, Pit.. I thought Snake was pretty good seeing Rolex and Prof Pro play.. and Mario was all around good as well. And honorable mentions are like Link, Ivy and.. there's a final tier list made by all the pros that play pm competitively on Google. You should take a few mins of your time to take a look at it.
Not CT?

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
Dang I gotta work on doing better against the bait-and-punish tactic. Also, it's weird how on some days Roy is by far my best character and ROB is by far my worst main, but today ROB was my best main and Roy was my worst.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
CT+ other pros that weren't in CT as well.. they're all amazing players anyways.. that helped make the final tier list for 3.02
So you did mean the CT tier list then? Cuz most people agree it sux. Nvm I see there was one from november.

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Not today, I meant when you work on wifi wavedash OOS.
You mean we both just throw out Smash attacks on shield and practice punishing that way? Yeah, I'd be down for that. Again it's not like I can't wavedash OOS, I just need to become comfortable with doing it in the moment and getting a punish afterwards.

Edit:

SnT yeah I saw it a while back. I would occasionally watch streams of PM so I had a somewhat decent understanding of how the meta was shaping up.

I don't think Snake was nerfed in any major way so he should still be quite good. I played Snake in Brawl but he's drastically different now, it's like learning a whole new character.

Last edited:

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
Dang I gotta work on doing better against the bait-and-punish tactic. Also, it's weird how on some days Roy is by far my best character and ROB is by far my worst main, but today ROB was my best main and Roy was my worst.
It's because you actually adapted to my high recovery with Falcon with Rob.. and I have an easier time against Roy than your ROB.. since you don't throw out those laggy fsmashes that Roy has.. because you seek for different options rather than the greedier one and you won't get punished so often when you do so. If you want to get better though, work on movement and 0-death combos.. pick one character as well. You'll be able to branch out easily once you get one character to the highest level you can. Trust me... 0-death combos, more movement and advanced techs (such as wdash out of shield)+ stick with one character for now. UNLESS you want a short break from playing one character (which is understandable) and play different ones, then go ahead, but if you want to get better then you should definitely play one character only until you understand a lot more about the game itself and how it works.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
You mean we both just throw out Smash attacks on shield and practice punishing that way? Yeah, I'd be down for that. Again it's not like I can't wavedash OOS, I just need to become comfortable with doing it in the moment.
Yeah. I need to be comfortable wavedashing on wifi period. No matter how tough someone is I never wavedash, to me it's too tough online.

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I need to be comfortable wavedashing on wifi period. No matter how tough someone is I never wavedash, to me it's too tough online.
I do it all the time on wifi regularly, just not during OOS punish situations. Granted I do mess it up from time to time, I've had my fair share of wavedash back to ledge grab error SDs.

Okay, I look forward to practicing this with you tomorrow. I think we should setup a chat or something to help coordinate this. Have you guys ever used Xat?

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
I do it all the time on wifi regularly, just not during OOS punish situations. Granted I do mess it up from time to time, I've had my fair share of wavedash back to ledge grab error SDs.

Okay, I look forward to practicing this with you tomorrow. I think we should setup a chat or something to help coordinate this. Have you guys ever used Xat?
That I usually never mess up lol, just normal safe wavedashes only. xD
Coincidentally I have, but I kinda like skype more tbh. You don't have that do you?

Last edited:

trati

Smash Ace
@ S SnT Trash @razell30 & me are top players in this thread if u want a challenge play us also .we are in a crew SnT y'all should try out. its mostly tournament crew but we are welcoming skilled players offline n online

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
I prefer Xat because anyone can join, it's not as personal. And you don't have to sign up or anything.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
@ T trati have we 1v1ed before?

Also I still didn't get to play Trash for real, w/o a middleman adding lag. Trash is good, but I'm nowhere near as bad as you guys think. How many people are in the crew?

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
SnT Trash is definitely the best player by far I've faced so far. But it is also true there could be hidden killers that don't post as often. But for now if he's saying those 3 are the ones to watch out for, he might sound arrogant but he's probably right lol.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
SnT Trash is definitely the best player by far I've faced so far. But it is also true there could be hidden killers that don't post as often. But for now if he's saying those 3 are the ones to watch out for, he might sound arrogant but he's probably right lol.
I didn't know you didn't have to sign up, that's perfect.

And I believe him, but I've faced people tougher than trash. There are 2 people here I haven't beaten, and I think I 3 stocked trash one match iirc.

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Well it's about overall consistency, anyone can have a bad game especially when not using mains. I beat Trash in one game as well but that doesn't mean he isn't way better than me. He's probably talking about active posters anyway.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Well it's about overall consistency, anyone can have a bad game especially when not using mains. I beat Trash in one game as well but that doesn't mean he isn't way better than me. He's probably talking about active posters anyway.
Yeah you're right, and I agree.
He's definitely way better than me at consistency, as is everyone in this thread who can beat me. But fyi he was using his main and I was using my best char.

Last edited:

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
It's because you actually adapted to my high recovery with Falcon with Rob.. and I have an easier time against Roy than your ROB.. since you don't throw out those laggy fsmashes that Roy has.. because you seek for different options rather than the greedier one and you won't get punished so often when you do so. If you want to get better though, work on movement and 0-death combos.. pick one character as well. You'll be able to branch out easily once you get one character to the highest level you can. Trust me... 0-death combos, more movement and advanced techs (such as wdash out of shield)+ stick with one character for now. UNLESS you want a short break from playing one character (which is understandable) and play different ones, then go ahead, but if you want to get better then you should definitely play one character only until you understand a lot more about the game itself and how it works.
Unrelated: I just uploaded a little moment from us playing that I found funny for some reason https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D89ZICCZQ6U&feature=youtu.be

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know you didn't have to sign up, that's perfect.

And I believe him, but I've faced people tougher than trash. There are 2 people here I haven't beaten, and I think I 3 stocked trash one match iirc.
Unrelated: I just uploaded a little moment from us playing that I found funny for some reason https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D89ZICCZQ6U&feature=youtu.be
Haha.. I thought the triple stomp to finish stock in Yoshi's was funny tbh. Ggs tho

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
Yeah you're right, and I agree.
He's definitely way better than me at consistency, as is everyone in this thread who can beat me. But fyi he was using his main and I was using my best char.
3 stocking me? I doubt it.. we could rematch to see if you really did or not. What's your tag?

Mean Green

Smash Lord
3 stocking me? I doubt it.. we could rematch to see if you really did or not. What's your tag?
uhh 'Mean'? We fought on like friday or w/e, and trati set up our match for some reason?
It was Marth/Roy on FD, and I kept walking a lot?

I been asking trati and you for a rematch since we fought lol.

Last edited:

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
uhh 'Mean'? We fought on like friday where trati set up the match for some reason?
It was Marth/Roy on FD, and I kept walking a lot?

I been asking trati and you for a rematch since friday lol.
Oh that match? Haha.. I remember you.. you wanna rematch? Fight me now before I go to sleep.. I'll give you a couple of rematches you won't forget ;) 4985-5149-7550 in case we never added each other.. what's your FC and who hosts?

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Oh that match? Haha.. I remember you.. you wanna rematch? Fight me now before I go to sleep.. I'll give you a couple of rematches you won't forget ;) 4985-5149-7550 in case we never added each other.. what's your FC and who hosts?
I wish I could play right now, it's too late for me to be making all that noise with the controller. You can add me tho. 3139-0341-3960
I have a pretty slow start, it takes me at least 5 or 10 matches to get warmed up lol.

Wanna fight me after those few matches with Trash?
Sorry maybe tomorrow. I'm just up cuz I can't sleep. Your code's still the same tho right?

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
I wish I could play right now, it's too late for me to be making all that noise with the controller. You can add me tho. 3139-0341-3960
I have a pretty slow start, it takes me at least 5 or 10 matches to get warmed up lol.

Sorry maybe tomorrow. I'm just up cuz I can't sleep. Your code's still the same tho right?
Yeah, I'm back from two weeks at my boyfriends, I didn't move or anything.

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice

You're literally saying that you're bad at adapting.. haha, but I understand. We should play tomorrow then. And DZ, could you host so I could play you with my Fox? I need to start getting it better

Top Bottom