• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

waygu

Smash Lord
sorry to go awol more things popped up. looking to play chaos? to answer your last post no i dont play fox much but that doesnt mean i cant play him a few rounds to help you increase skill

White Light

Smash Journeyman
Nah I just need to practice more and learn the engine better. I play a much better Diddy in Brawl.
I've seen people do really technical things on wifi.

Edit:

And honestly that was one of the better connections I've had.

Edit:

As for switching to a better all around character, I do play Marth but I feel I'm very inconsistent with him. Sometimes I kill early, other times I kill at 180+ percent. Fox is overused so I don't really want to main him. Sheik I'm actually seriously considering but I want to get better at utilizing dash dancing which she can't really do. More importantly, I want to see how far I can get with DK or Diddy before I jump on the tier train.

Edit:

Does anyone else want to play? White Light? I see that you're on, I'd love to play you again.
Haha ok

waygu

Smash Lord
yes please actually follow first come first serve a lot of people come here and dont and mess up flow of the thread x__x i dont mind waiting anyway

edit since im waiting
chaos i have a pretty similar background w smash mostly brawl experience so im not extremely technical but im striving to be to compete with the regulars here so i think i can help ease you into using wavedashing/dash dancing and i really need to improve my neutral including dd so this will be beneficial

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
yes please actually follow first come first serve a lot of people come here and dont and mess up flow of the thread x__x i dont mind waiting anyway

edit since im waiting
chaos i have a pretty similar background w smash mostly brawl experience so im not extremely technical but im striving to be to compete with the regulars here so i think i can help ease you into using wavedashing/dash dancing and i really need to improve my neutral including dd so this will be beneficial
Okay, I"ll play you now. My FC is 0349-5980-2109, what is yours?

White Light

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I"ll play you now. My FC is 0349-5980-2109, what is yours?
Ggs
Here's a helpful tip: dont use fsmash or any smash attacks to gain percent at early stocks. It becomes too obvious, I know I got hit by a few of them, but remember this is wifi! Haha still your dk is fantastic (especially considering you've only been playing for a month)

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Yeah bad habit I know but some of those were actually supposed to be short hop nairs lol. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

For you for your Ganon I'd say don't fish for side Bs too much. I can punish it on reaction after a spot dodge a short hop aerial or a wavedash back. Though I think you caught on to this the second DK Ganon game and you played a lot better.

Also when you edge guard as him don't always go for the dair spike. You kept going for low ones so I just kept recovering high and avoided it.

White Light

Smash Journeyman
Yeah bad habit I know but some of those were actually supposed to be short hop nairs lol. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

For you for your Ganon I'd say don't fish for side Bs too much. I can punish it on reaction after a spot dodge a short hop aerial or a wavedash back. Though I think you caught on to this the second DK Ganon game and you played a lot better.

Also when you edge guard as him don't always go for the dair spike. You kept going for low ones so I just kept recovering high and avoided it.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I use side b too much. I should probably add in some short hop bair/fair in there. I noticed after watching the replay there were a couple times I could have gotten you with fair. Thanks!

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Nah I just need to practice more and learn the engine better. I play a much better Diddy in Brawl.
I've seen people do really technical things on wifi.

Edit:

And honestly that was one of the better connections I've had.

Edit:

As for switching to a better all around character, I do play Marth but I feel I'm very inconsistent with him. Sometimes I kill early, other times I kill at 180+ percent. Fox is overused so I don't really want to main him. Sheik I'm actually seriously considering but I want to get better at utilizing dash dancing which she can't really do. More importantly, I want to see how far I can get with DK or Diddy before I jump on the tier train.
Same here, idk how people do half the **** I see them do on wifi. Mad respect to those people for being adept at adapting lol.
That's a good idea. In brawl I somehow mained Falcon, tbh I'm pretty proud to say that. Though since PM has the tech demands of melee, you should put you should do a lot of practice with Fox. Once you're decent with him, you're basically decent with everybody.

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
@I'm Smashty holy freaking **** dude, either you've been sandbagging all this time or you've been hittin up that hyperbolic time chamber.

@TheGhostlyPidove Oh my bad, I didn't know you were waiting for someone else. Well GGs while it lasted, it was hilarious.

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Same here, idk how people do half the **** I see them do on wifi. Mad respect to those people for being adept at adapting lol.
That's a good idea. In brawl I somehow mained Falcon, tbh I'm pretty proud to say that. Though since PM has the tech demands of melee, you should put you should do a lot of practice with Fox. Once you're decent with him, you're basically decent with everybody.
That's kind of why I picked up Falco, to improve my tech skill and dexterity. So you're saying he's not a good substitute for Fox? I can play Fox as well if need be but I mean...everyone uses Fox lol. In Brawl I used like most of the cast lol. I mained mostly top tiers but also had some mid tiers like DK.

GGS Way, if you want advice let me know. Also if you have any for me, go ahead and shoot.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
That's kind of why I picked up Falco, to improve my tech skill and dexterity. So you're saying he's not a good substitute for Fox? I can play Fox as well if need be but I mean...everyone uses Fox lol. In Brawl I used like most of the cast lol. I mained mostly top tiers but also had some mid tiers like DK.

GGS Way, if you want advice let me know. Also if you have any for me, go ahead and shoot.
Yeah everyone does.. I almost never pick him. Mostly because to me he's kind of annoying to see. xD And yeah Falco's good too, I just meant to practice with someone who's very technical.

@ A user name A user name my bad dude.

Last edited:

waygu

Smash Lord

definitely shoot me what you remember that stuck out. main thing i remember is always right rolling dthrow which i caught onto and g&w's dthrow is a tech trap so its important to mix that up. i need to become way more patient in regards to neutral and move use. you also started using dash dance better part way through and wavedash dash dancing which was well placed

Top Bottom