• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Yeah, diddy was my main. I think last time we played it was before I ever even picked up diddy.
Idt so, I've always seen diddy stock icon under your name. If we can play later, let's see him. I haven't faced a diddy since Brawl.

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Oh so you use Fox? Yeah I definitely could use the practice, thanks a lot.

As I've said the problem is the CPU doesn't DI so I can only do it on static opponents. I need to practice reacting to different DI.

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Just hmu whenever you're ready to get rekt son.
Do you want to play for a bit while you wait for him? I noticed you were asking for Diddy practice earlier, I happen to use him. I've been using him since Brawl actually.

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
GGS, Green. Nice selection of characters.

Do you want to play a few more?
I do actually, but onfa replied to me. I only exited because the game told me you dropped out. When I exited it said your status was Brawl Waiting..

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Oh I didn't quit out, it must have disconnected. Do you have a main btw or do you just use a lot of characters equally?

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Oh I didn't quit out, it must have disconnected. Do you have a main btw or do you just use a lot of characters equally?
More of the latter, I just play for fun really. You have one?
Oh and GGs. I could tell wifi was holding you back pretty hard as well. It's hard to do anything when every move you make is so slow that it becomes predictable.

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a real main yet, I"m still pretty new to the game and just experimenting. But I seem to have been getting the most success with DK so far.

Edit:

Yeah but you seem to be more technical than me anyway so Wifi was probably messing you up harder. The hardest it messed me up was that Roy vs DK game in the beginning but nothing too major beyond that.

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
I don't have a real main yet, I"m still pretty new to the game and just experimenting. But I seem to have been getting the most success with DK so far.
Well if you're looking for a good all-around character then Fox/Sheik/Marth are pretty solid. But DK can do some damage. He's kinda hard to use against better players though, besides his grab game, he gets predictable..
How long have you played PM?

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
In total? Probably about a month give or take. This is my first time on wifi against real opponents though (not including trying it a for a day or two years ago). But I played Brawl competitively for a long time. I never had Melee nor played it competitively, just casually with friends a few times.

And yeah GGS, I learned a lot playing you. Never realized Diddy's OOS banana punishes don't work in this game, his banana toss seems too slow for that...unless I was just mistiming it. I really need to get better combos with Diddy after up throwing Fox lol.

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord

Edit:

Yeah but you seem to be more technical than me anyway so Wifi was probably messing you up harder. The hardest it messed me up was that Roy vs DK game in the beginning but nothing too major beyond that.
I would've held onto that lead but for some reason I always get too comfortable. xD Most of my matches go along the lines of me getting down 4-2 or 3-1 and then bringing it back, cuz that's the only time I really really want to try.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
In total? Probably about a month give or take. This is my first time on wifi against real opponents though (not including trying it a for a day or two years ago). But I played Brawl competitively for a long time. I never had Melee nor played it competitively, just casually with friends a few times.

And yeah GGS, I learned a lot playing you. Never realized Diddy's OOS banana punishes don't work in this game, his banana toss seems too slow for that...unless I was just mistiming it. I really need to get better punishes with Diddy after up throwing Fox lol.
Yeah I only got competitve from Brawl too. Diddy's still good don't get me wrong, it's just that on wifi it's too tough doing anything besides dash dancing or shield grabbing.
But ggs, it was really fun dude.

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Nah I just need to practice more and learn the engine better. I play a much better Diddy in Brawl.
I've seen people do really technical things on wifi.

Edit:

And honestly that was one of the better connections I've had.

Edit:

As for switching to a better all around character, I do play Marth but I feel I'm very inconsistent with him. Sometimes I kill early, other times I kill at 180+ percent. Fox is overused so I don't really want to main him. Sheik I'm actually seriously considering but I want to get better at utilizing dash dancing which she can't really do. More importantly, I want to see how far I can get with DK or Diddy before I jump on the tier train.

Edit:

Does anyone else want to play? White Light? I see that you're on, I'd love to play you again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom