• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've just started to practice Falcon a lot ever since I entered a all Falcon side event in Melee around a month ago. As for advice, uhh... I'm not really too good at that. Just try to make the most out of all of Falcon's moves, his tilts and stuff are all actually really useful.
I never have a chance to do dtilt.. and it's weak shield pressure imo. Only time I would use it is when they don't sweetspot.. I'll try covering more options with Falcon with more movement and putting out safe moves. Just like what Marth can do except more punishing. And I forget about utilt, I use ftilt sometimes, but I feel like moving around more and waiting/wavedashing in place is a better pressure tool than actually using an ftilt. I'll use it to catch them off guard, but that's it tbh.

Poloflipx

Smash Ace
I never have a chance to do dtilt.. and it's weak shield pressure imo. Only time I would use it is when they don't sweetspot.. I'll try covering more options with Falcon with more movement and putting out safe moves. Just like what Marth can do except more punishing. And I forget about utilt, I use ftilt sometimes, but I feel like moving around more and waiting/wavedashing in place is a better pressure tool than actually using an ftilt. I'll use it to catch them off guard, but that's it tbh.
Haha yeah, I just like doing dumb things sometimes and hope they work. I've been playing on wifi for 2 years now, and while I do mess up it's a lot easier for me now. First time I went to an offline tourney it took me a over a day to get used to it

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
Haha yeah, I just like doing dumb things sometimes and hope they work. I've been playing on wifi for 2 years now, and while I do mess up it's a lot easier for me now. First time I went to an offline tourney it took me a over a day to get used to it
Noice.. looks like I'm catching up. I'll definitely beat your Falcon at least once in a best of 3 on a good day though ;P thanks for the advice that you tried giving, haha.. I do appreciate it.

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
GGS himemiya. Nice ZSS and Kirby. I was going to go Falco next but you left. Sorry for the horrendous lag during the ZSS matches. My net has been acting up today.

Edit:

SnT I left you a post, not sure you saw it.

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
ggs @ C ChaosQualm the connection was pretty choppy s I give up

1v1 anyone else?

It should be better next time. Any advice for me?

All I can say for you for now is be careful on your spacing. Sometimes you'd do things right into my shield which is why I got so many shield grabs.

I wish I could give character specific advice but I'm very green at this game right now so I don't know much.

Last edited:

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
Where? O.o
I'll just post it again:

GGS SnT. You are the best player I've faced so far. Those were really fun. I have a long way to go before I can give you a challenge I guess.

Btw what is your opinion on DK vs Fox? I actually think it is even because DK can kill Fox at 60 off a grab if he has a punch charged and no platforms are in the way. I mean Fox dominates neutral but yeah, I think DK punishes harder.

Edit:

I wish I had a way to practice CGs on a Fox that DIs, the CPUs don't so it's easy on them (you can do it in place).

Last edited:

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
I got some wins...GGs
Yeah.. 1 vs my Marth and it was the last game. You should mix up your gameplay.. better players than me will easily adapt to that and punish every single time. And I caught on to your nairing out of every single combo cuz you're Samus habit... it's bad, especially if you do it every single time. If you're trying to get out of a combo and they're out of position, sure, but if not.. I'll just wait for it and punish like I did a couple hundred times. I dunno why you don't just use ice form the entire time either, it's solid hits and you'll be able to combo easily at higher %s into whatever. All you do is smash after doing the ball roll and dash attack without rest once you get one hit on me. Figure out her combos, maybe that'll help you in the future. Ggs.

NEO!

Smash Lord
Yeah.. 1 vs my Marth and it was the last game. You should mix up your gameplay.. better players than me will easily adapt to that and punish every single time. And I caught on to your nairing out of every single combo cuz you're Samus habit... it's bad, especially if you do it every single time. If you're trying to get out of a combo and they're out of position, sure, but if not.. I'll just wait for it and punish like I did a couple hundred times. I dunno why you don't just use ice form the entire time either, it's solid hits and you'll be able to combo easily at higher %s into whatever. All you do is smash after doing the ball roll and dash attack without rest once you get one hit on me. Figure out her combos, maybe that'll help you in the future. Ggs.
I beat your Falcon multiple times also. You are a tough challenge. I will take your advice into consideration. GGs

ChaosQualm

Smash Apprentice
SnT Trash I posted what I said above as well. If you have any advice for me as well let me know.

hey may i test online with anyone to see how it runs?
I can in about 10 minutes if you are up for it.

Last edited:

SnT Trash

Smash Apprentice
I beat your Falcon multiple times also. You are a tough challenge. I will take your advice into consideration. GGs
Yeah, my Falcon is pretty bad. I've never fought a Samus before.. congratz I guess. And good, I hope you do. It will help you later on, trust me.

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
Ah actually sorry, but I'm gonna get off now. I'll be on a lot more tomorrow night.
I'll see you guys later! It's good to be back.
So your finally back im glad now lets see what training you have been through with your new characters im looking forward to our matches be prepared.

waygu

Smash Lord
looking for some games this morning.
im bummed i miss people that'd be good matches late weekend nights
edit - still here :grin:

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
You still here? I might be fixing my PM in a couple of minutes, wanted to know if you wanted to play if it worked.
Yeah, but I can't play atm. Btw I think I only remember you using marth and falcon. I diddy really your main?

waygu

Smash Lord
sorry to do this ofna but my uncle needs to me to with to an appointment, should be back in an hour

Top Bottom