• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

D

Deleted member

Sorry, I left before I seen this. I do, but I try not to make it obvious. If I went for it every match people would be waiting for it, but if I just throw it out semi-randomly nobody expects it.
I shouldn't have said anything, since I don't know much about using Ike. O.O

You could try Kirby or Meta Knight they're pretty good,easy to play, and good recovery Pit is also a good idea too
I've successfully found a new main: Ivysaur!

And it was on accident!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yup. I'm as bad as ever. ;l
Good games, you were okay. You have a habit of trying to camp unsafely, but it's pretty tough timing shields correctly enough online to punish your projectile landings so consistently. Once the opponent gets into a certain range while you're camping, you should work on getting them back out with moderated aggression. You could also mix up your rhythm for tossing pills to make it less predictable and harder to approach against. I could usually make it in just by clearing your pills with a jump and punishing you while you were tossing another. Also, whenever you're trying to avoid being juggled, recognize when it is and isn't safe to just throw out n-air. It got easy to bait it out and punish with an aerial or pretty much anything else I could whip up while you were stuck in your combination of hitstun + n-air frames. It's usually not a bad idea to cape after hitstun or jump depending on your opponent's position. I even like to just endure the tumble animation for some time to make my opponent believe they have more time to punish me than they actually do. Just mix it up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good games, you were okay. You have a habit of trying to camp unsafely, but it's pretty tough timing shields correctly enough online to punish your projectile landings so consistently. Once the opponent gets into a certain range while you're camping, you should work on getting them back out with moderated aggression. You could also mix up your rhythm for tossing pills to make it less predictable and harder to approach against. I could usually make it in just by clearing your pills with a jump and punishing you while you were tossing another. Also, whenever you're trying to avoid being juggled, recognize when it is and isn't safe to just throw out n-air. It got easy to bait it out and punish with an aerial or pretty much anything else I could whip up while you were stuck in your combination of hitstun + n-air frames. It's usually not a bad idea to cape after hitstun or jump depending on your opponent's position. I even like to just endure the tumble animation for some time to make my opponent believe they have more time to punish me than they actually do. Just mix it up.
Thank you for the advice. I agree with what you're saying about what I do with Nair, but... I don't actually do that often, I just... did it alot this time...?! I felt very sloppy today... I'm not trying to make an excuse or anything, it's just I played alot yesterday and couldn't play at maximim capacity today as a result. I'm usually alot more careful with my approach, and I don't spam pills when I know you can heal off of them. I need a break...

But beating me with my own main... That's beyond insulting ;(

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thank you for the advice. I agree with what you're saying about what I do with Nair, but... I don't actually do that often, I just... did it alot this time...?! I felt very sloppy today... I'm not trying to make an excuse or anything, it's just I played alot yesterday and couldn't play at maximim capacity today as a result. I'm usually alot more careful with my approach, and I don't spam pills when I know you can heal off of them. I need a break...
Nah, I understand sorta. It did seem like you were auto-piloting a bit with how you used rolls as well as unsafe approaches that you never seemed to respond to with adaptation. I've played with a similar sort of attention lots of times in my history. A break should help.

I was just using everyone I like to play. D: No disrespect intended. It was fun getting to play the ditto though, I was hoping to help you notice the mistakes you were making and how you could vary up your approach and choice of punishes.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171

Almost forgot watch out for my Snake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfFlxSFhcJs&list=UUAB3V5qkvUKbjygS2IgibVw

D

Deleted member

Nah, I understand sorta. It did seem like you were auto-piloting a bit with how you used rolls as well as unsafe approaches that you never seemed to respond to with adaptation. I've played with a similar sort of attention lots of times in my history. A break should help.

I was just using everyone I like to play. D: No disrespect intended. It was fun getting to play the ditto though, I was hoping to help you notice the mistakes you were making and how you could vary up your approach and choice of punishes.
Of course I know you weren't doing that on purpose, it just felt like "Here is a more perfect version of yourself. Now try and fail."
So yeah, I'm gonna take a HUGE break. I hope we can play a match or two again someday.
GG.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Anyone want to play? Looking to upload some matches for my YouTube channel.

FC: 5458-6538-9956

Last edited:

xLzyy

Smash Rookie
Lol I suck. Is there anyway to decrease lag? Everytime I play theres always a half a second input lag. Thats why I can't wavedash online. :/

Last edited:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
GG's, Lzyy. I know the lag was very inhibiting, so it's a shame for that. Online is what it is, and I would never really take it so much for competitive value, but rather, just to have fun with it.

I feel like your characters definitely had potential that couldn't be fully showcased because of it, anyway, but just keep practicing for practice's sake, man. It takes time to get used to button delay truly, ha ha. It's unfortunate that it happens so frequently on Wi-Fi, too. Meh.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Doth anyone wishth to valiantly duke it out amongst a fair game of Bros. of Smash?

Last edited:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
I will. I'm excited to see how my Kirby stacks up against a Kirby main. Give me a second to boot up, post your friendcode and I'll join you in a second.
Neat-o. My FC is: 5458-6538-9956

I'm actually just gonna need a little over five minutes before I'm able to get online now, though, but I'll get started as soon as I can.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Neat-o. My FC is: 5458-6538-9956

I'm actually just gonna need a little over five minutes before I'm able to get online now, though, but I'll get started as soon as I can.
I'm so sorry for the SDs but my c-stick just totally broke, and I hate to be that guy but I can never get used to the lag. I really wish we can fight in person sometime, because I think our kirbies are on par. Our thinking patterns aren't that different.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
GG's, Dizzy! Out of curiosity, do you not have a main for Project M?
My main just fluctuates so much, and I'm so new to the scene that I can't make a lot of educated decisions. I started with Marth, my main in Melee, then I picked up Lucario, then Charizard, then Ike...
Right now I'd say I'm best with Ike, though it's really hard to get all of his essential techs down when there's bad lag.

Top Bottom