• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Rags

Smash Ace
Lol I know how ya feel, it was pretty difficult playing online for the first time in like a week but I guess I get used to it pretty easily
it just makes me impatient honestly. I need to play some more to get used to the reaction window I have, but it just bothers me, haha. What happens when I decide to avoid playing for a while.

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
lol i'am not the best xD. What do you think I should improve on
I would recommend practicing teching and movement more. You never really teched any of my attacks, which led into easy follow ups, and when you're playing falco, you never want to give him an easier time comboing lol. And with mobility I never saw you really utilize wave dashing and dash dancing, which are very helpful for movement and not getting locked down when I'm approaching and what not. Hope this helps =)

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Still having trouble?
Either i'm high on some kind of drug, or I just see too many pills. XD GGs though. Very defensive Mario and a surprisingly nice Lucario. I thought he was like the worst character in PM but you sure put him to good use.

EDIT: Also, I never used Ike before. I can't believe that I was good with him.

Last edited:

DKMikey

Smash Journeyman
Either i'm high on some kind of drug, or I just see too many pills. XD GGs though. Very defensive Mario and a surprisingly nice Lucario. I thought he was like the worst character in PM but you sure put him to good use.

EDIT: Also, I never used Ike before. I can't believe that I was good with him.
You're not high. The Dr. prescribes pills for the injured. Thanks for the Lucario praise. The more I play with him, the more I realize he's a great character with some terrible flaws I can't deal with (combo food, almost impossible to sweet spot ledge, hard to kill at high %s). Your Ike was great, I'm surprised that it was your first time playing him. But your Bowser was fantastic. I didn't know upB OOS was such a great option.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
You're not high. The Dr. prescribes pills for the injured. Thanks for the Lucario praise. The more I play with him, the more I realize he's a great character with some terrible flaws I can't deal with (combo food, almost impossible to sweet spot ledge, hard to kill at high %s). Your Ike was great, I'm surprised that it was your first time playing him. But your Bowser was fantastic. I didn't know upB OOS was such a great option.
Thanks! Perhaps maybe I thought Lucario was just incredibly different rather than terrible.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Good games, paxinchristo. ^^ That Lucario is pretty crazy with the combos. He moves on so quickly from one move to another that my DI/SDI is useless. >.> We saw a bit of lag in there, but not too bad I assume?

Oh yeah, sorry for killing you after saying "brb!", lol. I have shake-smash on so when I put the controller down... Yup.

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
Good games, paxinchristo. ^^ That Lucario is pretty crazy with the combos. He moves on so quickly from one move to another that my DI/SDI is useless. >.> We saw a bit of lag in there, but not too bad I assume?

Oh yeah, sorry for killing you after saying "brb!", lol. I have shake-smash on so when I put the controller down... Yup.
Haha it's okay! It's friendlies on Wi-Fi, nothing to get too salty about.

The connection was a bit laggy, but we still managed to get some good games in!

I was really trying to practice my neutral game during our set. Was there anything you noticed that I could improve on? (Given the fact we're playing under lag).

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Haha it's okay! It's friendlies on Wi-Fi, nothing to get too salty about.

The connection was a bit laggy, but we still managed to get some good games in!

I was really trying to practice my neutral game during our set. Was there anything you noticed that I could improve on? (Given the fact we're playing under lag).
If anything, I'd say your neutral game > my neutral game. I can't stand being shut out and I have to get in (it's just the nature of my gameplay), so that often lead to getting baited by your Lucario when I'd rush in with an aerial with Falco against your Lucario (didn't go well, lol). My combo/reading game is how I try to make up for what I lack in neutral.

To improve on... Not much I can actually think of to be honest. >.> Well, Falco's moves really do string into each other quite well, but if you can SDI Shine (yes, on wifi), it can make it really hard to set up a kill at higher percentages. Oh, and harder punishes when I miss Rest, lol (I blame lag for not landing a single Rest though, no johns lmao). Pick either the move that will lead into the best combo if I'm at lower percentages (though comboing Puff is a rather abstract concept...), or if I'm at mid percentage/higher and you know you can't combo, you might as well just go for your strongest move (charge it fully if you can).

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
To improve on... Not much I can actually think of to be honest. >.> Well, Falco's moves really do string into each other quite well, but if you can SDI Shine (yes, on wifi), it can make it really hard to set up a kill at higher percentages. Oh, and harder punishes when I miss Rest, lol (I blame lag for not landing a single Rest though, no johns lmao). Pick either the move that will lead into the best combo if I'm at lower percentages (though comboing Puff is a rather abstract concept...), or if I'm at mid percentage/higher and you know you can't combo, you might as well just go for your strongest move (charge it fully if you can).
Okay, thanks!

I was just asking because I'm going to my first tourney this Saturday. Trying to get in what practice I can since I don't really have time to go and play people irl.

Top Bottom