• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
That momentum killing Wii freeze. >.<

Looks like I have to reset. Want to rehost a game? ;P

Edit: Oh, just got disconnected.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
soooo do you just main every character or what
ggs man, i kinda spend most of the time getting bodied tho lol
I play pretty much every character, some I don't play well though.

GG's. You were looking pretty solid except for the fact that you were dropping some punishes and having trouble with pressure (Also lag). If you don't mind me giving you some advice I think for your M2 you would benefit from camping with Bair some and pressuring the opponent. You seemed to go for shadowball -> Teleport, sometimes you got it, sometimes I shielded, sometimes you got hit. You definitely mixed up with teleport -> Side-B or attempted to (lag) unless you expected me to powershield the shadowball. Also be careful for where you're teleporting, going for the ledge is usually a safe bet if you're offstage. People can bait the teleport through and then aerial M2 and going high is still kind of a problem with getting down (B-Reversing Shadowball can help). Just make sure you're using your range as M2 to pressure your opponent safely kind of like Jiggz, shadowballs alone can be swatted away as well as the teleporting M2.

For your Ganon it was looking pretty tricky with the flame choke -> Jump -> Waveland -> etc. A lot of it just seemed to be wifi giving trouble with a lot of the inputs. Not really sure if I remember any glaring flaws right now. Just make sure you always jab the person if they're next to you (of course you can always retreating Fair and stuff but jab is pretty safe).

You definitely looked pretty solid and if you can get some people to play with offline you can do things you want more consistently and get better. Keep it up

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
I have to get going. >.>

@ Rags Rags Goods games we played. You figured out my Marth pretty quickly with Bowser. We got a bit of lag lag in the middle of things, which was weird. I hope my Ganon was good enough practice for you, lol. My disclaimer of not playing Ganon still stands though. ;P I do see that you've seemed to take a liking to Sonic. I can't say the same, both playing with and against him.

Anyway, nice to see you picking up a few of my habits (I got punished a lot for the Phantasms with Falco it seems) and stepping up the pressure game. Maybe we'll get a few more games before I quit at the end of August. ;)

Rags

Smash Ace
I have to get going. >.>

@ Rags Rags Goods games we played. You figured out my Marth pretty quickly with Bowser. We got a bit of lag lag in the middle of things, which was weird. I hope my Ganon was good enough practice for you, lol. My disclaimer of not playing Ganon still stands though. ;P I do see that you've seemed to take a liking to Sonic. I can't say the same, both playing with and against him.

Anyway, nice to see you picking up a few of my habits (I got punished a lot for the Phantasms with Falco it seems) and stepping up the pressure game. Maybe we'll get a few more games before I quit at the end of August. ;)
Haha. Idk if it's much of a liking so much as trying to learn the character. But you and that gannon... remind me again, since between trying to get this internet back and getting PM to load I am kinda annoyed... >.>

Rags

Smash Ace
yeah no dice, @ Paekoh Paekoh . Did I mention how greatly my disdain for comcast and their internet service is? (it's not even gigabit, either... )

[EDIT] Well, I guess I'll play some FF4 or OoT... one of the two...

Last edited:
Top Bottom