• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
GG's ghost. we had a great wifi connect, ill play against u any time u wanna go. I still had other characters to throw at you :(

kaizo13

Smash Champion
People who have played me, is Yoshi op? If so, should I switch mains? I can't decide
don't take my previous comment in a negative manner. you're a really good player and i didn't mean to discredit you in anyway, that being said, i still believe some of his hitboxes could use some refinement.

i agree with you that the out of side b hitbox should be removed. side b is already an extremely quick move and having that hitbox makes the move a bit too safe. it pretty much guarantees a free follow up with not a lot of risk involved. other moves i think need just a very slight range/angle adjustments but nothing major. (d-smash/u-smash/ etc.)

d-smash has a very deadly angle for how fast and how much range it has. it's as strong as mario's but with a deadlier angle and twice the range. that's scary considering that mario's d-smash is considered to be a great move. d-tilt has even more range than d-smash with a similar deadly angle. that combination makes for really easy edge-guarding. u-smash covers in front, above and behind him while retaining the same kill power throughout the entire move.
So no matter what part of the move you hit with, it'll be just as strong. not even fox's u-smash does that. all that does is discourage good spacing and ecourage brainless upward flicks on the c-stick.

anyways, you should definitely keep playing yoshi. you're really good with him. i'm just speaking my thoughts on the character. Some of my mains could use some slight nerfs too so it's not like i'm picking on yoshi.

Last edited:
Top Bottom