• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
PM or melee? if it were melee...

you have a lot of bad habits, but you also have so real potential. i'd imagine you would do ok, but end up a little disappointed and keep workin at getting better. and thats what going to tourneys is all about really

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Oh and I forgot to say nice squirtle, I've never played one before. He's so slippery it makes it hard for me to connect any combos lol
or anyone who wants to play
yea, i love playin him. I play on wifi cuz it allows me to get some real experience against different character matchups, but realistically squirtle is awful on wifi. he's a rushdown character, so its super hard to play precisely with him, just like im sure it is with fox or any other character that does more than just space control and punish. His speed really is his best asset though, so it forces me to play with a bit of a handicap, which can be a good thing because it allows me to think about my approaches more instead of just zippin around super fast.

anyway, t'was fun. id be down for more matches anytime

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
PM or melee? if it were melee...

you have a lot of bad habits, but you also have so real potential. i'd imagine you would do ok, but end up a little disappointed and keep workin at getting better. and thats what going to tourneys is all about really
Thanks Jaedong I appreciate the honesty. I think playing online has really started to effect my mindset on the game with being repetitive. Although, as I'm sure as it is for everyone else, the lag restricts movement options so I have to rely on dumb stuff that probably wouldn't apply in a in person match.
Has any of yalls tech skill kinda gone for the worst when going back to melee after playing PM?

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
i would recommend playing more than just wifi, otherwise it will end up suffering. and dont rely on dumb stuff just to get a cheap win. try to focus more on spacing and tech chasing since ur forced to play slow paced, and rely on that. slowing the game down isnt necessarily a bad thing, it teaches you how to think. but u do need to keep up the tech skill, so make sure to play real matches too (dont work on tech skill too much by urself, thats almost pointless really and gets u into habits) hopefully, all that thinking will work its way into the real matches when ur faced up against a player of ur skill in tourney.

Last edited:

PcTriumph

Smash Apprentice
yea, i love playin him. I play on wifi cuz it allows me to get some real experience against different character matchups, but realistically squirtle is awful on wifi. he's a rushdown character, so its super hard to play precisely with him, just like im sure it is with fox or any other character that does more than just space control and punish. His speed really is his best asset though, so it forces me to play with a bit of a handicap, which can be a good thing because it allows me to think about my approaches more instead of just zippin around super fast.

anyway, t'was fun. id be down for more matches anytime
Woe be it for Squirtle, that his worst nightmare be his foe in a Crouching position.

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
Woe be it for Squirtle, that his worst nightmare be his foe in a Crouching position.
Bubbles have no eyes, and so they care not for your position. All they know is "squirt"...and "pop"...and "****". And before you know it, you're on your belly gettin squirted in the behind.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
is that a feature i don't know about or did pickled get glitched? lol

single IC?

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
Lol sopo is best character. But really, I'd legit play him if he had a recovery and his specials were as good as pop+nana. I'll hop in a room if pctriumph is ready.

Last edited:
Top Bottom