• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Chirka

Smash Journeyman
kunichan or anyone wanna play ? 1722 6465 1066

edit - kinuchan added you and hosting atm. saw your like ;)

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
DAMN dude, hella fun matches! You're so good with so many characters, lol. im jealous...

we need to play again some time, i want revenge for that last match :)
it's part of the reason why i'm so inconsistent lol.. i pretty much play 3/4's of the roster. i forgot to play some of my mains against you :(

nice squirtle and peach, squirtle was a pain at first but i caught on to your trixies lol

dam bubbles

Last edited:

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
don't take my previous comment in a negative manner. you're a really good player and i didn't mean to discredit you in anyway, that being said, i still believe some of his hitboxes could use some refinement.

i agree with you that the out of side b hitbox should be removed. side b is already an extremely quick move and having that hitbox makes the move a bit too safe. it pretty much guarantees a free follow up with not a lot of risk involved. other moves i think need just a very slight range/angle adjustments but nothing major. (d-smash/u-smash/ etc.)

d-smash has a very deadly angle for how fast and how much range it has. it's as strong as mario's but with a deadlier angle and twice the range. that's scary considering that mario's d-smash is considered to be a great move. d-tilt has even more range than d-smash with a similar deadly angle. that combination makes for really easy edge-guarding. u-smash covers in front, above and behind him while retaining the same kill power throughout the entire move.
So no matter what part of the move you hit with, it'll be just as strong. not even fox's u-smash does that. all that does is discourage good spacing and ecourage brainless upward flicks on the c-stick.

anyways, you should definitely keep playing yoshi. you're really good with him. i'm just speaking my thoughts on the character. Some of my mains could use some slight nerfs too so it's not like i'm picking on yoshi.
I agree as a fox. Yoshi's side b is really hard to punish especially when your like on battlefield and you do the egg roll down from the top platforms, I manage to stuff it with a bair sometimes but usually it's just way to fast to react to (online wise). The upsmash is so hard to escape when your stuck in the air from what i'm guessing is yoshi's uptilt? but I mean a lot of characters seem to have relative ease with resets and juggling just like yoshi.
But other than that I really don't have to much of a problem with Yoshi's down smash or dtilt unless i'm panicking and rolling. I feel like I don't get hit by it as much as I use to since I'm looking for it and I make sure to space well.
And I've played a few other Yoshi's and I usually beat them really easily but @ pwnyclaus pwnyclaus yours is different and smarter so I'd say keep it up dude. We all just have to adapt and figure out the match up.

fierce_link0

Smash Rookie
NNID
fierce_link0
Anyone have the Palringo app? If so join the group called Project M which I created. If you don't have the app then download it. That way we can all just request matches. I will just like to try this to see if it will speed things up.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
If i switch to wifi build will there be someone to practice ZSS with?
Do you mean practice against her? I play her, but I main Mario so she's not really my best character.
@ Kunichan Kunichan Yoshi's side-b is actually really easy to punish, it has like no priority a lot of things beat it and pretty much everything else clanks with it.

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean practice against her? I play her, but I main Mario so she's not really my best character.
@ Kunichan Kunichan Yoshi's side-b is actually really easy to punish, it has like no priority a lot of things beat it and pretty much everything else clanks with it.
We need to play soon dead lol I haven't gotten the chance yet

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
you can tech it, but it's pretty hard on reaction. If you are expecting it, it gets a little easier, but even still now ur in a tech chase situation. If i get bubble to dsmash spaced properly (what i did to kaizo majority of the time), i've now covered 3/4 options- tech in place, tech behind squirtle, and no tech. So ur only option is to tech away. GL remembering that in the quarter second window u have to react, lol.

And if the dsmash hits, its a combo started. So basically, bubble is amazing lol

Last edited:

jaedong

Smash Journeyman
squirtle was a pain at first but i caught on to your trixies lol

dam bubbles
this is how i felt about majority of the characters u were playing as, haha. i had to learn as i played. especially that charizard. i was like "the ****, this character is broken as ****, im gonna have to just go to peach cuz idk what the **** im doin here"

my squirtle is still a baby pokemon. he's cute, and has some cool trixies, but i definitely dont have the proper badge to control him yet. he feels all over the place, especially on wifi with the lag. I'm gettin there tho, i'd say he's around lvl 20 or so =P

Last edited:

Kunichan

Smash Journeyman
I played terrible lol the lag would get so bad towards the end of every match and i'd choke. I wasn't able to do anything technical T_T but still good games. I'm down to play some more whenever you get back
Edit: Oh and I forgot to say nice squirtle, I've never played one before. He's so slippery it makes it hard for me to connect any combos lol
or anyone who wants to play

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
We need to play soon dead lol I haven't gotten the chance yet
Just hit me up whenever you want to play. You said you main Fox right? That's good, I need to practice that MU because I lost to a Fox player in winner's at the last tourney I went to.

Top Bottom