• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

PcTriumph

Smash Apprentice
Ggs, shame the lag was so bad even though we are close.
I'm still up to play.
Edit : Nevermind, will be back ina bout 15 minutes.

Last edited:

PcTriumph

Smash Apprentice
lol, GGS PC. Gonna take break for a few hours, you guys have fun. BTW who is your best character?
Lucario is my best character by what I would consider a pretty large margin. I couldn't really say who my second best is, but it's probably between Roy, Link, Ness, Ike, Falco (?), or Wario.

PcTriumph

Smash Apprentice
I have lots of trouble with characters like Samus and Link on Wifi
That's fair to say, but I think those particular matchups are more of an adaptation to lag than play style change. I think characters like Ganon, C. Falcon, Mario, Fox, and others I am unaware of play somewhat or much differently.
Edit: It's also pretty difficult to power shield on wifi so there's that.

Last edited:

Armored

Smash Rookie
I just downloaded Project M, I want to test out the online real quick if its working or not. Is someone willing to add me? Fc 3050 72 47 0637

EliteDobul

Smash Cadet
That's fair to say, but I think those particular matchups are more of an adaptation to lag than play style change. I think characters like Ganon, C. Falcon, Mario, Fox, and others I am unaware of play somewhat or much differently.
Edit: It's also pretty difficult to power shield on wifi so there's that.
Yeah, that is very true. I also find it hard to follow up fair's from my combos.

madluk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Madluk4745
yeah, quick question tho, is there an invicibility frame when yoshi goes into his shield? cuz i feel like i kept missing grabs when u shielded

madluk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Madluk4745
well, gg, wish it lagged a little less on some games but other than that all around great matches

PcTriumph

Smash Apprentice
I think there has to be. It freaks me out a little every time it happens
It's not an I-frame, but you know how Yoshi pops out of his egg like he's unrolling? When he's in his egg he's balled up and his hitbox is much smaller, and grabs can only connect with a hitbox, so you are probably grabbing the egg-shield rather than Yoshi in the egg. This is also why Yoshi can be shield stabbed in Brawl.

madluk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Madluk4745
It's not an I-frame, but you know how Yoshi pops out of his egg like he's unrolling? When he's in his egg he's balled up and his hitbox is much smaller, and grabs can only connect with a hitbox, so you are probably grabbing the egg-shield rather than Yoshi in the egg. This is also why Yoshi can be shield stabbed in Brawl.
it appears to be an I-frame tho, because it only happened when he was popping into his shield. Every time i grabbed and he went into shield, i missed the grab and he had a variety of options at his disposal. Moral of the story is dont grab i guess, lol

Top Bottom