• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
@ deadjames deadjames Man, GGs. I kept trying to DI your Marth's grabs, but any direction sets you up perfectly for an fsmash. I feel like I've tried everything, but I can't figure that one out. Other than that, lag kinda makes my Lucas not able to combo to the kill. Still, I think you're ways above me.

Any tips?

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I feel you on the lag it's hard to play fast fallers unless you have a really good connection that's why I just gave up on the one match I tried to play Wolf lol. As for Marth's throws you always want to DI away from him.

Edit: General tips: Learn to wave dash, rolling sucks and will get you punished. Don't spot-dodge so much, it's easy to bait that goes back to my first point about wave dashing, evasion is always superior to defense.

Character specific:
Lucas: Don't shield grab so much, Lucas' grab is really laggy when you whiff, also try to mix up your recovery a little more you kept recovering the same way against my Marth and you were just setting yourself up for those dtilts, and don't charge up when you respawn because you're basically just giving up stage control.

Peach: You rely way too heavily on turnips, they're good for zoning, and escaping pressure with glide tosses, but that's about it. Also be conservative with dsmash it's really punishable. You should work on float cancel combos because they can apply ridiculous pressure. Also learn the timing for her DACUS, and try to incorporate footstools into your gameplay because she has some pretty sick footstool combos.

Last edited:

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
When I DI'd away it gave you a free tipper >.< Maybe it's cause I'm using floaty characters.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
When I DI'd away it gave you a free tipper >.< Maybe it's cause I'm using floaty characters.
Lucas is a fast faller, also I was walking into the tipper to make sure I got it a lot of the times.

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
I feel you on the lag it's hard to play fast fallers unless you have a really good connection that's why I just gave up on the one match I tried to play Wolf lol. As for Marth's throws you always want to DI away from him.

Edit: General tips: Learn to wave dash, rolling sucks and will get you punished. Don't spot-dodge so much, it's easy to bait that goes back to my first point about wave dashing, evasion is always superior to defense.

Character specific:
Lucas: Don't shield grab so much, Lucas' grab is really laggy when you whiff, also try to mix up your recovery a little more you kept recovering the same way against my Marth and you were just setting yourself up for those dtilts, and don't charge up when you respawn because you're basically just giving up stage control.

Peach: You rely way too heavily on turnips, they're good for zoning, and escaping pressure with glide tosses, but that's about it. Also be conservative with dsmash it's really punishable. You should work on float cancel combos because they can apply ridiculous pressure. Also learn the timing for her DACUS, and try to incorporate footstools into your gameplay because she has some pretty sick footstool combos.
Ah okay, thanks! I'm still not quite sure how to come back against those dtilts because I haven't figured out the timing on his ledge tech yet.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
powering up my wii if anyone wants a few 1 on 1's, need to cool my nerves before continuing this project

edit: luis if you're up for some matches, just added your code

Last edited:

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
glad there wasn't much lag, at some point in the middle the game started blowing up but that stopped pretty fast. I'll mention in the future if anyone wants to just have friendlies or all out insanity playing with their best characters for practice also.

luismvg

Smash Cadet
glad there wasn't much lag, at some point in the middle the game started blowing up but that stopped pretty fast. I'll mention in the future if anyone wants to just have friendlies or all out insanity playing with their best characters for practice also.
Yeah overall we had a good connection, damn I really want to kick that ganon's ass hahaha

Last edited:

Jesus+1

Strawhat Pirate
3DS FC
0705-3756-2752
1v1s anyone? First time I've got a chance to play PM since my tournament the other day :3
edit: give me 15 minutes, gonna play melee with my brother

Last edited:

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
when you get back mushroom, i'll be down for playing if you like or reply if you're still there, i don't think i've played you yet.

Yeah overall we had a good connection, damn I really want to kick that ganon's *** hahaha
i try, when i'm getting hammered though, you'll see I can't even touch anything, but you let one attack go through and it feels like a tidal wave, gotta love that guy 8)

Subtle One

Smash Journeyman
GG Inserio. Lucas is mad annoying lol. The connection tapered off toward the end but I had fun.

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
@ Subtle One Subtle One Yeah GG. Pretty nice Mewtwo, especially with the combos and follow ups. I feel like the only reason I was able to get kills was because your defense was wide open.

Subtle One

Smash Journeyman
@ Subtle One Subtle One Yeah GG. Pretty nice Mewtwo, especially with the combos and follow ups. I feel like the only reason I was able to get kills was because your defense was wide open.
Yea I caught myself practicing movement on the official build for a while then hopped on the wifi trying to learn to implement what I practiced in my game more smoothly...hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
We be laggin' like cray. It's alright tho

Dang it's tough to not suicide with the lag.

We're going to try switching to the Wi-Fi codes after this one, this lag is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
believe it or not, that lag wasn't too bad, but its bad enough to throw off anyone's game, especially the furries, i've yet to have a green connection D:

subtle one, if you're still up for playing, add me

Last edited:

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
believe it or not, that lag wasn't too bad, but its bad enough to throw off anyone's game, especially the furries, i've yet to have a green connection D:

subtle one, if you're still up for playing, add me
Not so much a network lag, but using the non-wifi codes creates an input lag, so that's what we were getting.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
We're ready to go again, who's up to play?

Current friend code is above.

EDIT: Nevermind, we're doing custom music now.

Last edited:

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
my asshole hurts, that was like you with 95% of the victories holy crap half the time i didn't even know what to expect lmao, best player i've faced so far, thanks for the practice subtle

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
o.o how did you know i was lurking? My wii senor bar is bit out of whack. So i have to get really struggle with it to get it to work.
Too much of a bother right now, but i hopefully i can buy a new one today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom