• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Johns Thread

D

Deleted member

Post your johns about anything that has happened to you in Project M.

Once, I was playing my last match of the day in Losers, and I got four stocked by a Jigglypuff. I went on to say to the guy, "I got really nervous, and I messed up pretty badly. I play way better than that, I swear man."

He just nodded and walked away. Never saw him again to be honest.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I typically start swearing at the character himself when I **** up. I'll be all, "Link you ****ing *******." Apparently, it's funny to others. I get that the character is functioning within the parameters of its build, but I like to yell at them when I make the mistake :O

Bleck

Smash Master
You're just winning because you're better than me.

Sizzlorr217

Smash Cadet
"I didn't drink enough coffee today..." will be forever my only john used for everything.
I just NEED coffeine for playing fast-paced games!

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I typically start swearing at the character himself when I **** up. I'll be all, "Link you ****ing *******." Apparently, it's funny to others. I get that the character is functioning within the parameters of its build, but I like to yell at them when I make the mistake :O
This is what I do. WTF Snake! Can you NOT grab ledges now!? If so, tell me so I can main some other prick instead. Oh, Roy, can you not grab ledges either?! Should I call Snake so you two can go F*** each other in the useless closet?!

To the guy above me, caffeine helps my skill like I can't believe. It also keeps me less stressed so that I avoid the rage.

My favorite John is the classic that can literally never be disputed. "I'm using Wii Mote/Nunchuk and I am used to gay tap jump." This is actually true, btw.

My second favorite is another true one, and that's: "I've never played competitive offline, only online"

StKo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-7897-1226
Whenever I SD, I simply say "it was a spacing tactic" and hope I can get a kill shortly after.
It works a little less than half the time

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I wasn't using the right color. Ok, I'm blue mario now, now you lose.

Last edited:

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
My friend and I are always playing each other and he usually has a lot johns...
"I don't know this match-up"
"My controller isn't working"
"All the characters you play are so dumb"(Normally he says this after I play every character not a spacie)
"You're counterpicking me"(After random select)
"My shoe is untied"
"Someone was texting me"

Paradoxium

Smash Master
If get D-throwed it usually leads into a ridiculous combo, I get pissed off and say that my opponents character takes no skill. I know it's not true, but nothing is more frustrating than getting combo'd by a pm character.

On Dolphin Netplay you can always use the lag John, there is nothing your opponent can do to stop it.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I John at home.
My hands are really cold most of the time at home, but it's okay since I take the time to warm them up by SMASHING.

If my hands were cold or I wasn't warmed up I won't complain but I will not be satisfied till I play them in a match where I'm at my best.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master

OH GOD
HOW DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN

But for srs I got "My fingers are too sweaty" and it's so true, my hands are so damn sweaty. It's such a pain my controllers get grimy and nasty so quickly. I wipe them down every now and then of course, but I don't remember to always do it.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I'm so tired of losing to lame ass Fox, he needs more nerfs imo. No one should be able to control neutral that well on top of invalidating half the cast's recoveries.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"The character I don't have to adapt to to use in this game is different by 1 or 2 frames on a few things"

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Or even better: "The character I'm using used to be a low-tier in Melee/Brawl. The fact that he's so much better is throwing me off."

Top Bottom