• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Project M @ Apex 2014 Wait List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
^^^

Those spots will probably go to people like D1 as well as like Armada

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If M2K gets one of those slots then I don't think that's very fair. He didn't register in time or go through the trouble of finding someone to sell him their slot, and he surely isn't APEX Staff.

Dirteedees

Smash Cadet
Do you want to enter Project M at Apex but didn't make it in before the cap? Let me know immediately! I'm making a waiting list.

Also don't forget to let me know if you can bring a setup. This is very important if we want the tourney to go smoothly.
ill bring 3+ ppl and a few tvs a wii and project m if needed

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm working closely with the Apex staff on this. We should be able to say something definitive very soon. Sorry about the wait.

Zodiac

Smash Master
This is Mofat, please put me on the waiting list, also I will bring a setup, Wii+sd card+ brawl.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
This is important guys. We're trying really hard to make a cap increase work, but realistically we need all the help we can get.

Alex Strife said:
We NEED volunteers. In order for us to do this event well and make sure we do it right we need help. People need to be volunteers or else we won't consider raising caps or doing more than what we already have. In order to become a volunteer please apply here: https://www.apex-series.com/volunteer/ Not helping us is not helping the community you love. Do not hurt your community! Support us and help us run this event !

Apex 2014 » Volunteer

www.apex-series.com

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
This is important guys. We're trying really hard to make a cap increase work, but realistically we need all the help we can get.
What area of volunteering do they specifically need? Also, didn't the volunteering deadline pass?

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
I don't need to register or anything, but I can bring a Wii+Brawl+SD Card+TV if it helps. It's only a 19" TV though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
19" is just fine. 13" is usually considered the lower boundary for a playable TV.

Hipuru

Smash Rookie
Please I wanna make my debut at PM apex and I missed the cap so please help me
Do you want to enter Project M at Apex but didn't make it in before the cap? Let me know immediately! I'm making a waiting list.

Also don't forget to let me know if you can bring a setup. This is very important if we want the tourney to go smoothly.
LET M

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Not sure where else to post this, but the Apex website doesn't list "No Giga Bowser" as one of the rules. Not sure if that's intentional or not...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Giga Bowser will be banned, the ruleset on the website just needs to be updated. And it looks like it was.

btw, the cap was secretly extended beyond 384 and reg is open until 6pm EST tonight, so hop to it if you haven't yet!

Matteo commisso

Smash Rookie

MANNN I WANNA PLAY THIS SO BADD!! Love smash bros and I want to play something new <3

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
Warning Received
Attention, this is a Nintendo employee.

We at Nintendo are sorry, but your fake game will not be playable at our tournament.
I say our tournament because we figuratively bought it.

So, you can deal with it. Instead, you can play this really slow but official... "game".

Sound good? No? Well, it's our tourney now.

- A TOTALLY official Nintendo Employee.
(No Johns)

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Attention, this is a Nintendo employee.

We at Nintendo are sorry, but your fake game will not be playable at our tournament.
I say our tournament because we figuratively bought it.

So, you can deal with it. Instead, you can play this really slow but official... "game".

Sound good? No? Well, it's our tourney now.

- A TOTALLY official Nintendo Employee.
(No Johns)
I mean Nintendo does technically own the rights to smash games and can cause a C&D for all the smash games at APEX. EVO was partly sponsored by Nintendo last year, this is finally showing that Nintendo finally is starting to care about the competitive smash scene. PM is a mod of one of their games it is kinda expected that they would not be happy of people streaming and making money out of a mod. In short now that Nintendo cares it is time that the smash community should distance themselves from this mod to keep Nintendo happy

also this thread really ought to be locked

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I mean Nintendo does technically own the rights to smash games and can cause a C&D for all the smash games at APEX. EVO was partly sponsored by Nintendo last year, this is finally showing that Nintendo finally is starting to care about the competitive smash scene. PM is a mod of one of their games it is kinda expected that they would not be happy of people streaming and making money out of a mod. In short now that Nintendo cares it is time that the smash community should distance themselves from this mod to keep Nintendo happy

also this thread really ought to be locked
But the PMDT doesn't make ANY money off PM.

The game while being a hack, was made because the DT had free time and wanted to create a proper Melee successor.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
But the PMDT doesn't make ANY money off PM.

The game while being a hack, was made because the DT had free time and wanted to create a proper Melee successor.
Not only that but the most popular method of loading PM uses a non-softmodded Wii and a legit Brawl disc

Eltrion

Smash Cadet
The problem here is not so much with PM. PM will be fine. There will be PM only series due to this. It might actually be good for PM in its own twisted way.

The problem here is that now, due to this decision the atmosphere at Apex will be absolutely toxic. The chants of Melee during Brawl GF last year will absolutely pale in comparison. There will be PM chants while brawl (or possibly even smash 4) is on stage. There may be efforts to silence the chants. It will probably only make it worse.

This is right on track to be a trainwreck of a tournament. Expect upheaval, and even money on the defacto championship in 2016 not being Apex.

Oneunit is now officially dead, unless we as a community band together and disown Apex for this. What a time for smash.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
No, it is dead if we dont disown the members of the community who do those chants, they are toxic and make the whole community look bad, each smash game is good in their own regards and have their own competitive scenes, if we take out the toxicity then every one can be happy

Eltrion

Smash Cadet
I wish I had such naivety and optimisim. The atmosphere towards Brawl has always been a little chilly. Now I expect it to be outright hostile.

I'm not saying I want any of this to happen, it's just what I think probably will happen. Apex has shot themselves in the foot, but there might not have been any other option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom