• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Project M @ Apex 2014 Wait List

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Do you want to enter Project M at Apex but didn't make it in before the cap? Let me know immediately! I'm making a waiting list.

Also don't forget to let me know if you can bring a setup. This is very important if we want the tourney to go smoothly.

ParadOxymoron

Smash Cadet
I would love to be on the waiting list!

Also, if by a setup you mean an SD card with Project M loaded on it, yes, I can bring two.

Peasant King

Smash Rookie
I have 5 guys who would try to come if project M is open. We would likely be able to bring 2 setups, small chance at 3

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Monitors are not ok for tournament, even if they're "lagless". CRTs only please.
One frame in a 60fps game is 16.67ms. My monitor is 5ms. This is less than 20% of lag. . Asus/BenQ monitors are 1 and 2ms which is even less than mine. HDMI passthrough means no downscaling which means no input lag. In fact, I've played on CRTs with more input latency than my samsung gaming monitor. HDCRT TVs are especially suspect of this. Don't arbitrarily say LEL NO MONITORS when extensive research has proven their validity. Step it up, SWF needs to get off their highhorse with their LOL IT'S THE WAY WE'VE ALWAYS DONE IT mentality.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
One frame in a 60fps game is 16.67ms. My monitor is 5ms. This is less than 20% of lag. . Asus/BenQ monitors are 1 and 2ms which is even less than mine. HDMI passthrough means no downscaling which means no input lag. In fact, I've played on CRTs with more input latency than my samsung gaming monitor. HDCRT TVs are especially suspect of this. Don't arbitrarily say LEL NO MONITORS when extensive research has proven their validity. Step it up, SWF needs to get off their highhorse with their LOL IT'S THE WAY WE'VE ALWAYS DONE IT mentality.
I've done plenty of my own research when I was looking into buying a new HDTV. I know there are monitors that handle it just fine. But I also know that even when they don't lag, they can still feel different due to different refresh rates and other various properties of monitors (LCDs are especially guilty of this). If you can get someone to agree to a match on your monitor, great, but I will not force anyone to play on one if they don't want to, and I'm not gonna count monitors towards our tournament setups.

UncivilYoshi

Smash Rookie
Hey; i'd love to go! I'd be able to bring one wii as well, the TV might be an issue though.

Just put me on the list as UncivilYoshi, thanks.

MC_The

Smash Rookie
I'd love to be on that wait list, and I could bring a wii, project M, and I believe I have a viable tv that I could bring. Also list me as Mc_The

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
I have no setup to speak of but I'd like the be put on that list.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I wish we'd get an update on the cap increase since I know there's people out there who are basing their Apex attendance on this, and trying to get last-minute airfare is pretty crappy..

NeonApophis

Smash Apprentice
I wish we'd get an update on the cap increase since I know there's people out there who are basing their Apex attendance on this, and trying to get last-minute airfare is pretty crappy..
Me too. I've been trying to get in touch with the tournament organizers for about a week now to find out whether it will be possible for me to enter PM. I initially asked my question through the contact form on the Apex website, which promises a response within 48 hours. After waiting well over that amount of time, I messaged Alex Strife on facebook with my question and mentioned that no one had replied to my original message. He told me to send my question in an email to the address listed on the site, so I did that and have still not received any sort of response after 3 days. I'm hoping they're just working on the logistics of the expanding the PM tournament and not telling us for some reason, but it's getting very frustrating that I can't get information about the tournament that I need in order to confirm my registration and make travel plans.

As an additional note, it seems odd that the registration page says PM is at its entry cap of 256/256, while the list of entrants only shows 240 people entered in PM.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
As an additional note, it seems odd that the registration page says PM is at its entry cap of 256/256, while the list of entrants only shows 240 people entered in PM.
This. When the site went back on, I thought there was still room but nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom