• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6: The Finer Details

Eureka

Smash Ace
It was just a joke dude. I am not trying to stir up nothing.
You did kinda go a bit overboard with it. 1 post qualifies as mildly amusing, if wrong, 4 posts generally fits people's description of trolling. Also, as it was demonstrated earlier by some fool trying to be funny, sarcasm often backfires. PM is still alive and well, it's just not in as many of the big tournaments becuase Nintendo has issues with it.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
What's the point of even giving Melee Ganondorf his proper sword (which is non-canon, BTW) if PMDev still insists on him being a puncher?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
You did kinda go a bit overboard with it. 1 post qualifies as mildly amusing, if wrong, 4 posts generally fits people's description of trolling. Also, as it was demonstrated earlier by some fool trying to be funny, sarcasm often backfires. PM is still alive and well, it's just not in as many of the big tournaments becuase Nintendo has issues with it.
jeez, sorry.

Eureka

Smash Ace
What's the point of even giving Melee Ganondorf his proper sword (which is non-canon, BTW) if PMDev still insists on him being a puncher?
It fits his visual style better in the Melee version. Also Project M is supposed to be like Melee, so keeping him similar was necessary. But let's give them credit where credit is due, they did change Ganondorf to better fit his character, what with the flying and new animations after all.

Quillion

Smash Hero
It fits his visual style better in the Melee version. Also Project M is supposed to be like Melee, so keeping him similar was necessary. But let's give them credit where credit is due, they did change Ganondorf to better fit his character, what with the flying and new animations after all.
But Ganondorf is not a puncher in Zelda. He punches but he is not a puncher.

I understand not being able to give him magic due to limitations on his module, but at least stick it to Sakurai and give him a sword mode like so many other hackers have managed.

Eureka

Smash Ace
But Ganondorf is not a puncher in Zelda. He punches but he is not a puncher.

I understand not being able to give him magic due to limitations on his module, but at least stick it to Sakurai and give him a sword mode like so many other hackers have managed.
Again, while that would be cool, it would require massively overhauling the character and steering away from the design goals of Project M. Also it would make all the Ganondorf mains coming over from Melee and Brawl pissed, and letting down a Ganondorf main after the crap they went through in Brawl is something you do not want to do.
See? That means he's trying to stir up something.
We don't need none of your proper English around here.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Again, while that would be cool, it would require massively overhauling the character and steering away from the design goals of Project M. Also it would make all the Ganondorf mains coming over from Melee and Brawl pissed, and letting down a Ganondorf main after the crap they went through in Brawl is something you do not want to do.
LOL at people claiming that other people would be pissed at Ganondorf suddenly being different.

I don't see anyone that was alienated by Bowser becoming more of a puncher/wrestler and getting faster in Smash 4.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Woaj racer ROB! :o

Also, I'm that guy who wants to buff PM Meta Knight because he personally thinks he sucks, SO BUFF 'EM, PLEASE!!

Eureka

Smash Ace
LOL at people claiming that other people would be pissed at Ganondorf suddenly being different.

I don't see anyone that was alienated by Bowser becoming more of a puncher/wrestler and getting faster in Smash 4.
Yeah but I don't believe Smash 4 was named Project B. Also Bowser was awful and not very fun in Brawl and Melee, no one missed that version (well except maybe Gimpyfish). Ganondorf in his current form is one of the most fun Characters to play in Smash and has his own niche that no one else does. Changing that in a fan made modification designed to preserve the feel of Melee as much as possible is not a wise choice.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Yeah but I don't believe Smash 4 was named Project B. Also Bowser was awful and not very fun in Brawl and Melee, no one missed that version (well except maybe Gimpyfish). Ganondorf in his current form is one of the most fun Characters to play in Smash and has his own niche that no one else does. Changing that in a fan made modification designed to preserve the feel of Melee as much as possible is not a wise choice.
Which is why I say mode. Choice is good.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

I personally hate the way Bowser is portrayed in Smash 4. They made him a completely different and less interesting character. Also, for some reason, he's about as floaty as Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
That honestly doesn't sound like a bad idea, but the PM Dev Team probably has things that are of higher priority then changing Ganondorf, who is fully implemented and many people are happy with.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
That would at least manage to settle some of the strife between some Ganondorf players, but keep him so that he would still be the King of Disrespect. :demon:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
How much does SSBB cost? $30? I need this game back now. PM 3.6 is near it's deadline!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Oh man, R.O.B. on a mini go-kart is probably the best thing ever.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
With Rob's new wheels maybe he can join Mario Kart!
-
All the other ones are neat, I'm more or less sad about the supposed nerfs my character is receiving though.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
People be cryin like "Ooohh waahbh, Ganon punches people when he's a swordsman!"

***** ganon only draws his sword for those he finds worthy

(This means you arent good enough for ganon to fight you with his sword you scrubs)

Dish0ut

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
BASI#977
NNID
Yoderman2
3DS FC
0817-4278-1423
Switch FC
SW-6074-4583-8904
great, now i'm gonna have to make NYOOM sounds whenever i play Rob...

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With Rob's new wheels maybe he can join Mario Kart!
-
All the other ones are neat, I'm more or less sad about the supposed nerfs my character is receiving though.

Been done before:)

Anyways, this is a prime example on how user created content that benefit Smash and why it shouldn't be shut down by Nintendo but, rather, supported.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Anyone still play this online on the Wii? I really want to play this online and get into the scene.
There's a small community of players that use third party servers to play on the Wii ever since Nintendo shut down their's, but most online PM action happens on Netplay via the Dolphin emulator for their PC. If your rig is strong enough to run it, and you have the patience to set it up, I suggest you give it a shot.

For the record, I think the PMDT should venture into hosting their own servers for PM-Wii online - with some help from the community, of course. Even though online play isn't competitive, it's a fantastic way to unite and grow the player base. Sometimes I feel that advent is overlooked because competition is overvalued.

Deus

Smash Journeyman
I really liked the idea of putting in Black Shadow and giving him the Ganon Melee moveset and then just making Ganon his own chatacter with moves that fit better with how he fights in the LoZ games (such as his neutral B changes). Though I'm sure creating a brand new Ganondorf would be a daunting task *shrug*

Last edited:

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
This is a prime example on how user created content that benefit Smash and why it shouldn't be shut down by Nintendo but, rather, supported.
Project M is a vastly different game that is designed to draw in and cater to a specific target audience than what the Super Smash Bros. games have always been designed to draw in and cater to (and what the target audience of Super Smash Bros. is differs from Project M's target audience greatly). Some feel that Project M would begin stealing attention from Nintendo's own officially created content and negatively affect their profits if it ever became mainstream. User created content is not bad in and of itself, but it does not always go along well with officially endorsed/produced/sponsored content.

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
So all the Samus touch ups are nice, but does that mean I's look like a turd if I asked for more Metroid costume options? Phazon or PED suit or Hazard suit alts?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Nah, Gimpy flat out fanboys over SmashU Bowser.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Project M is a vastly different game that is designed to draw in and cater to a specific target audience than what the Super Smash Bros. games have always been designed to draw in and cater to (and what the target audience of Super Smash Bros. is differs from Project M's target audience greatly). Some feel that Project M would begin stealing attention from Nintendo's own officially created content and negatively affect their profits if it ever became mainstream. User created content is not bad in and of itself, but it does not always go along well with officially endorsed/produced/sponsored content.
Supported as in saying to encourage user created content instead of threatening to shut it down. Plenty of gaming companies encourage user created content and give players the tools to do exactly that.

Journal

Smash Apprentice
I love all of these, but let's be real, we all just want N64 skins for all of our characters.

Top Bottom