• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6: The Finer Details

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Project M 3.6 is on the horizon, and the PMDT has been busy showing off some of the new things we can expect to see in the latest version of the popular Brawl mod. Today, the PMDT is showing off some of the more minute details that have been added! It's clear the developers have gone to great lengths to touch up even the most minor of details to make their game look and feel better. Their latest batch of screens give the public a look at some new Samus details, Mewtwo's new-look Shadow Ball, a neat addition to Pit's glide animation, and a couple of other costume-specific goodies! Take a look below to see what they've been up to.

Samus' visor and suit lights now glow!

Her blue team costume has also been retextured.

Don't worry - these changes also apply to her alternate costumes.

See? Consistency!

Each suit has also received custom boosters. Talk about detail!

Mewtwo did some EV training and the result was this new and improved Shadow Ball!

Melee Ganon has his old sword back! Link doesn't stand a chance, now.

In a neat homage to the original story of Icarus, Pit's wings catch on fire when his glide is almost up!

This is maybe the coolest of all: DS ROB has animated wheels and custom smoke that trails behind him!
---

What do you think of these new details? Are there any that you would like to see added in the future? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit loves all the little changes to Samus. Too bad she's not picked very often in competition! Talk PM with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Omg they implemented fcking wheels

Where's my Shadow Sonic texture with working glow skates?

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
The 3DS ROB kart wheels+smoke is just adorable. Curious as to how the jump boosters look for that skin. And how well the dashdance smoke / wavedash clouds will mix hehe

Last edited:

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Anyone still play this online on the Wii? I really want to play this online and get into the scene.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Mewtwo did some IV training and the result was this new and improved Shadow Ball!
IV Training? Wow I didn't know Pokemon could change their inherent genetic values now! I wonder what type of training you have to do to get that? Unless, of course, you meant EV training, in which case I am disappointed by what is either a typo or a lack of Pokemon knowledge.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Them Samus updates...

IV Training? Wow I didn't know Pokemon could change their inherent genetic values now! I wonder what type of training you have to do to get that? Unless, of course, you meant EV training, in which case I am disappointed by what is either a typo or a lack of Pokemon knowledge.
You are taking a typo way too seriously.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
All of these are amazing!
Now my wish to hit foes with that sword that I've always dreamt about has come true!

StabbityJoe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StabbityJoe
Project M: "Its like Melee + Brawl!..... and a lot of Metroid stuff.... Like a lot..

Eureka

Smash Ace
Project M: "Its like Melee + Brawl!..... and a lot of Metroid stuff.... Like a lot..
Well Project M does share it's name with the dev team of Metroid: Other M. Coincidence? Yeah probably, but it's nice to see them giving some love to a series that traditionally in Smash has been... disappointing to it's fans.

Last edited:

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
i don't really care about what the visuals look like all i care about is the game i honestly wanted to learn more about alternative stages alternative FD could be a thing

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
For 3.6/7, i would like to see ROB with the MK7 and MK8 Standard Karts(i can rip the MK7 standard kart model if somebody want it, ask Yoshidude or TomixNscale for the MK8 Standard Kart)

Eureka

Smash Ace
Is this just an aesthetic update?
No there's a lot of gameplay changes too. There was an earlier post that talked about the status of 3.6. Basically because there was a glitch in the update it got delayed and a lot of people weren't working on anything during that time so they decided to work on a lot of the finer details and polish. Because of that there's a lot of visual updates in 3.6.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Brawl? you mean Melee?

What I'm saying is Now that smash 4 is here, Barley anyone plays PM and brawl. Smash 64 does not exist.
There was a Smash game on the Nintendo 64? Honestly though, shout outs to the 64 players, it's certainly a much more unique game than any of the other smashes. It's just too bad there are so few stages and characters. We need a Project 64 after Project M is finished.

Last edited:

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Brawl? you mean Melee?

What I'm saying is Now that smash 4 is here, Barley anyone plays PM and brawl. Smash 64 does not exist.
You can stop trolling or you can leave this thread. You're clearly here to stir up trouble, and nobody wants you here if you're going to do that.

Top Bottom