• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Trailer Released, Release Date Revealed

TJD269

Smash Rookie
Anyone else think that setting the release date a week before Smash Wii U hits is destructive to the scene as a whole?

The argument for PM this entire time has been (at least in part) keeping Smash relevant, so it HELPS Nintendo, right?
But now, that has switched to releasing what is in reality a COMPETING (and free for any Brawl players) product that confuses the competitive Smash scene even more.... a week before a new game comes out.

I'm sorry to be a downer here... and I like PM so I'm happy about a new release, but this feels like a really, really bad/destructive move, and I seriously question whoever came up with the release date.

(unless of course this is being rushed to avoid a cease/desist situation)
It makes more sense to be safe, just in case it DID happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
looks amazing! November is becoming quite the month. Only one thing can add to this hype:

Child Star

Smash Ace
PMDT mother mary strong bad delivering us from evil thy name is smash flying be thy ganondorf bless off.

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Anyone else think that setting the release date a week before Smash Wii U hits is destructive to the scene as a whole?

The argument for PM this entire time has been (at least in part) keeping Smash relevant, so it HELPS Nintendo, right?
But now, that has switched to releasing what is in reality a COMPETING (and free for any Brawl players) product that confuses the competitive Smash scene even more.... a week before a new game comes out.

I'm sorry to be a downer here... and I like PM so I'm happy about a new release, but this feels like a really, really bad/destructive move, and I seriously question whoever came up with the release date.

It seems to me like it's being pushed out in an effort to keep PM relevant. After Smash 4 is released, many people who visit Smashboards while they wait for the Wii U game to be released will stop visiting. /completelyspeculating

link2702

Smash Champion
wait so....ganondorf is getting his moveset redesigned...? wht about those who liked his melee styled moveset?

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman

I agree that releasing it now is a questionable decision, but they didn't have many options. If they don't release it they week before, odds are they won't release it the week after either, so they would have to wait around an extra month to release it, and even then, it could still conceivably interfere with Smash 4's sales to a large degree. Any later and it would affect the Christmas sales as well. They probably reasoned that now is as good of a time as any since there isn't an ideal release date until around January, and they don't want to make people wait 2 months for something they're ready to distribute now.

Regardless of whether it was a good idea or not, I'm glad the game is being released as soon as possible and I agree with their decision.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wow I thought project m was dying (from the Nintendo with the apex thing)

I guess I should get this downloaded in 2 days then

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Hype train speeding up! Send help!

It looks so beautiful!

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
Man I can't wait for this my weekend is stacked P:M 3.5 and MK DLC.
Then next week smash 4. Thank you based PMDT

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
The change to Zelda's din's fire is...Interesting tbh. I wanna see where it goes. I might actually look into it and download this myself even though I haven't wanted to play for months.

Ironically, the design looks EVEN MORE unique, unusual, and foreign to the apparently desired "Normalizing" or "Meleefying to plainness" that many people wanted for P:M... LOL

Also, blatant Melee kicks return scene @vs Ivy. *sigh*

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
My reactions in order:
  • Meh.
  • ****, Metal Cavern is UGLY now. Damn it, that was my favorite stage.
  • Why the **** can Ganondorf fly?!
Yep, moving on to SSBU for sure.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
HOLY ****! GOTTA DOWNLOAD THIS AS SOON AS IT RELEASES BEFORE SMASH 4 WII U, because I don't think I'll be looking back after that arrives, but good god PMBR, I gotta give credit where credit's due, you made Samus play like Samus, you gave alternate costumes to almost all characters, like any developer should, really, you balanced some great stages, and the game's making more and more of an identity. Also...

SUBSPACE EMMISSARY WITH PROJECT M MECHANICS AND CHARACTERS! YESSSSSZSZSZSZS!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
My reactions in order:
  • Meh.
  • ****, Metal Cavern is UGLY now.
  • Why the **** can Ganondorf fly?!
Yep, moving on to SSBU for sure.
Get out.gif
In regards to this GREAT news, here's my literal reaction (yes I literally did this):
Kevin Butler Mind Blown GIF.gif

Little_Dragon34

Smash Rookie
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Today is the day! The official Project M 3.5 trailer is here, with a ton of new info. Character costumes, skins, stages and some huge character changes are revealed, along with the most important part: the release date. Which, by the way, is closer than you think. A lot closer. Watch the trailer below for all the juicy details, and then hopelessly attempt to contain your hype. You're going to need more than one wrist strap.

Please note: The PAL release date is different than the NTSC version, but will be coming in the future! Stay tuned.

Are you excited? Check that - how excited are you? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

THE DERRIT ISN'T OUT OF CAPS LOCK MODE YET. HYPE HAS NOT BEEN CONTAINED. GO CRAZY WITH HIM ON TWITTER AT @THEDERRIT.
Wow! That is really stinking close!!!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
No Pichu.......but after watching this trailer, LIKE I GIVE A SH*T! THIS WAS AMAZING! Ah my god every stage looks beautiful, the menu looks so much better Ganondorf can float WTF 400 HP? Custom HP? YES! Subspace Emissary once again? Great! Oh it's probably being released in Dece- NOVEMBER 14TH!?!? AHMYGODWTFISTHISICANTBELIEVEMYA$$SOMUCHHYPEJENNYWAKEMANJACETHEMINDSCULPTORWTFGTFO-

Ok hype aside, this trailer is amazing! I see why people said they were more psyched for this than Smash Wii U.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Dammit I'll have to reset all my mods to put this up. Should I even bother? Smash Wii U comes out in a week. I dunno...

elmike

Smash Apprentice
Great!

2 questions:

1.- can i play this on WiiU?

2.- Can i use a 2gb microSD with a SD adapter?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I was hoping to see a Yarn Yoshi Alt, I didn't, and yet I'm not dissapointed...

Reiign

Smash Cadet
The update will be aavailable through download from the launcher right?

Donavon Bacot

Smash Rookie
NNID
donavon123
3DS FC
5257-8822-9275
Warning Received
No Pichu.......but after watching this trailer, LIKE I GIVE A SH*T! THIS WAS AMAZING! Ah my god every stage looks beautiful, the menu looks so much better Ganondorf can float WTF 400 HP? Custom HP? YES! Subspace Emissary once again? Great! Oh it's probably being released in Dece- NOVEMBER 14TH!?!? AHMYGODWTFISTHISICANTBELIEVEMYA$$SOMUCHHYPEJENNYWAKEMANJACETHEMINDSCULPTORWTFGTFO-

Ok hype aside, this trailer is amazing! I see why people said they were more psyched for this than Smash Wii U.
this is the community stroking it own **** lol

Top Bottom