• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Trailer Released, Release Date Revealed

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
No Pichu.......but after watching this trailer, LIKE I GIVE A SH*T! THIS WAS AMAZING! Ah my god every stage looks beautiful, the menu looks so much better Ganondorf can float WTF 400 HP? Custom HP? YES! Subspace Emissary once again? Great! Oh it's probably being released in Dece- NOVEMBER 14TH!?!? AHMYGODWTFISTHISICANTBELIEVEMYA$$SOMUCHHYPEJENNYWAKEMANJACETHEMINDSCULPTORWTFGTFO-

Ok hype aside, this trailer is amazing! I see why people said they were more psyched for this than Smash Wii U.
Imagine Stamina Turbo Mode...

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Wow! Guess i'll be maining Ganondorf then.
Hope they change or replace Brinstar too, that is like, the only boring stage in PM right now.

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Is that an auto parry for Ganondorf's new floating move?

...nvm, I wonder if that's his new B move..
...AND a new spot-dodge animation
@O@!

...nvm, he still has his b move
(2:11-2:12)

Last edited:

shapular

Smash Ace
Anyone else think that setting the release date a week before Smash Wii U hits is destructive to the scene as a whole?

The argument for PM this entire time has been (at least in part) keeping Smash relevant, so it HELPS Nintendo, right?
But now, that has switched to releasing what is in reality a COMPETING (and free for any Brawl players) product that confuses the competitive Smash scene even more.... a week before a new game comes out.

I'm sorry to be a downer here... and I like PM so I'm happy about a new release, but this feels like a really, really bad/destructive move, and I seriously question whoever came up with the release date.

(unless of course this is being rushed to avoid a cease/desist situation)
Just the fact that PM exists is destructive to the scene, but I can see why PMDT wanted to get it out ASAP. If they released it after Smash for Wii U, hardly anybody would care. They have to get people interested before that comes out.

Thank goodness Dreamland isn't an eyesore anymore ;.; Hopefully the wind is gone too.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Project M has just one up'ed. Way to beat out everything else! Project M equals best smash game and I am way more excited for this than smash 4! I am so excited! You just don't know.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
This is even more hype than Smash 4 ngl (probably because I don't even have a Wii U, ha).

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I haven't played PM in a long time. Now might be a good time to try it out again!

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else think that setting the release date a week before Smash Wii U hits is destructive to the scene as a whole?

The argument for PM this entire time has been (at least in part) keeping Smash relevant, so it HELPS Nintendo, right?
But now, that has switched to releasing what is in reality a COMPETING (and free for any Brawl players) product that confuses the competitive Smash scene even more.... a week before a new game comes out.

I'm sorry to be a downer here... and I like PM so I'm happy about a new release, but this feels like a really, really bad/destructive move, and I seriously question whoever came up with the release date.

(unless of course this is being rushed to avoid a cease/desist situation)
Smash 4 and PM have different audiences.

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
YES EVENTS AND SUBSPACE. (Oh yeah, I'm new to PM, how do I get updates if the wii Internet doesn't work to get updates anymore?)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I really love the music they chose for the trailer!

If I still had a Wii, I think the part I'd be the most excited about would be the modified single-player campaign. I don't have any friends who play Smash locally, and the only internet I have is public -- you can't just plug a Wii and TV up in the corner of a library, mind you. So, I think it is clear that trailers like this aren't for people like me. That's why I love Smash 3DS, and why it's probably the only version I'll own for a long time.

Still, good job, guys.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I wonder what crazy stuff I can do with Ganon's new float ability?

Last edited:

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Just the fact that PM exists is destructive to the scene,
We've talked about this. This is flamebait. Don't post this, or things like it, here. 'I don't like PM' is okay. 'PM is cancer and shouldn't exist' is not okay.

Keep doing it and you will keep getting points. Last warning.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
OMG so excited to try zelda. I don't know exactly how her new din works but I can't wait to try it. and only a 2 day wait good stuff pmdt.

Ganon is cool too...for a bad guy. Oh god if ganon can float cancel his bair and up air its game over.

Trombone

Smash Rookie
I hope the captain will stand up better to the rest of the cast in this update. Then again I could probably be considered a scrub, still...

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
This is pretty hype. It looks great, but to be honest, I've only played PM a handful of times since it came out. Me and my crew will only play this a couple times before one of them gets Sm4sh for their Wii U and I get a Wii U.

I'm loving Sm4sh 3DS and I'm aiming to go big in the Wii U competitive scene. I MIGHT switch to PM and Melee if Sm4sh dies out and I'm not too busy with more important things, like life, by that point. After all, everyone's gotta grow up sometime.

Long story short: Limited hype. More hyped for Sm4sh Wii U.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
It seems to me like it's being pushed out in an effort to keep PM relevant. After Smash 4 is released, many people who visit Smashboards while they wait for the Wii U game to be released will stop visiting. /completelyspeculating

Actually, the release date was pretty much set in stone before Smash U set its release date. We just decided not to move it.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX

DO NOT MESS WITH MY HYPE LIKE THIS PMBR!
Had me thinking the update would release in 2015 for a second >.<

Vigilante

Smash Lord
YES EVENTS AND SUBSPACE. (Oh yeah, I'm new to PM, how do I get updates if the wii Internet doesn't work to get updates anymore?)
You can download the files form our website and put it on a 2GB or less SD card. The launcher also allows you to update directly from it.

shapular

Smash Ace
We've talked about this. This is flamebait. Don't post this, or things like it, here. 'I don't like PM' is okay. 'PM is cancer and shouldn't exist' is not okay.

Keep doing it and you will keep getting points. Last warning.
Derrit, I know how much you like PM, and I like PM too, but it's undeniable fact that it's been bad for the community. I won't go into the details here since it's not an appropriate place and I don't want to get modded, but I do have some words for you in Forum Support.

Top Bottom