• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project GENO - MarioDK Demo out

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
There is an amazing vertex hack by Pik, redoing all the animations is unnecessary.
Yeah, I found it. The custom animations is a bit more of a personal thing, as anything that isn't an attack doesn't need to be replaced, but I always figured Geno would have moves that were a little bit more... robotic, seeing as he's only got 13 joints (shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles, and neck) plus fingers. It's like replacing all names and stuff in the game - not necessary, but it adds to the "realness" of the hack.

I mean, I'd do animations for moves, but seeing as I doubt I'd make them at any kind of relatively decent pace, I'm going for minor changes.

yourface191

Smash Apprentice
well its good to know that people are still planing on working on it, now just to wait for P:M..... i will definitely go to PM from brawl + although i just got brawl plus yesterday.... do all texture hacks work for brawl+? because im going to spend all day today 'pimping' it out with good textures!!!!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
B+ works fine with textures. So does P:M.

Glad to see you back, Douhneill. I'm going to be working on a lot of the more basic animations - I've already got the basics for his Wait1, his run, and all the jumps planned out. If you could tell me what you're up to so we avoid doubling out efforts, that'd be cool. Or we could do our own thing and use whatever works best from each other.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
Dang, you already stole what I was planning on working on... How about I do items? And could I see the way you've been having his animations (so that I can try to keep a consistent style)?

Anyway, It's nice to see I'm remembered. I'll try to keep in touch a bit more this time.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Well, animations are mostly just plotted out, not so much actual progress has been made. Like I said, I'm waiting on Bero for the newest release of OpenBrawlbox, so that I don't have to manually transfer over bone translation values. Because that sucks.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Your last Geno PSA was quite interesting (Cosmic Geno), and it makes me quite eager to find out what the results of this revamp will be with Piks' epic and perfect model. :)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Your last Geno PSA was quite interesting (Cosmic Geno), and it makes me quite eager to find out what the results of this revamp will be with Piks' epic and perfect model. :)
That wasn't mine.

So beautiful. Pik's Geno model is AMAZING.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
^
WHOA! That's amazing! And that's a vertex hack? Awesome! :D

There *are* certain things that are a bit... "off", but this is LEAGUES above anything I've seen before in this topic! Well-done, Piks!

How is the cape with movement, by the by? I figured I'd ask, since that's a static picture. Does the cape just stay solid behind him? Because I can live with that - I'm just curious if he can wear it like we all know.

How tall is he compared to other characters, also?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
He's a bit taller than Toon Link, IIRC. Fighter Geno also has him 110% the size of Toon Link normally, and for the rebuild I think I'll lower that.

The cape is static, I believe.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
He's a bit taller than Toon Link, IIRC. Fighter Geno also has him 110% the size of Toon Link normally, and for the rebuild I think I'll lower that.

The cape is static, I believe.
The cape is made from ToonLink's shield. It is static.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Static, huh? Ah well, it's better than nothing.

Although about his height, I should note that he *is* taller than Mario in SMRPG, even without his hat.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah, having him be slightly taller than Mario was always the goal. However, the perspective in SMRPG didn't really lend itself well to comparing the size of characters.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Go ahead, the Modset thread has the latest version of BrawlBox which has click and drag editting. If you encounter difficulties I recommend inquiring in that thread, I'll guess that few if any know how to utilize the tool well here (not a criticism, it hasn't been out very long, I'm not sure if anyone has really done much with it yet)

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Go ahead, the Modset thread has the latest version of BrawlBox which has click and drag editting. If you encounter difficulties I recommend inquiring in that thread, I'll guess that few if any know how to utilize the tool well here (not a criticism, it hasn't been out very long, I'm not sure if anyone has really done much with it yet)
I need the newest geno tho

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I don't think there is one. There is an in depth description of Geno's moveset somewhere in this thread, check the OP. If they aren't specific enough PM Shadic for further instructions, if you didn't already now I have nothing to do with this project. Or any, actually. I'm pretty much just an end user.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Can you link to the specific post? Not all of us have the same posts-per-page setting.

As for Geno, I've done some work on him, porting some animations around, fixing translations now that OpenBrawlbox works awesomely for stuff like that. I'm restarting the PSA from scratch though.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Click the little number on the top right (in my view) of the post. For example, your last post was #1221.

And oh yeah - For the guy who was curious - The most recent version of Geno is the Fighter Geno in the first post. There's also Cosmic if you'd like that.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
found this on tiny pic http://i2.tinypic.com/6gbdnv8.jpg
its a very interesting picture and the symbol in the corner looks like a good symbol for geno's icon (the star)
Creepy Geno!

Also, the star is from Yoshi's island. Geno's icon should definitely be a star, but I don't think it should have any puppet qualities(like the stitching that this one has). Geno's personality doesn't really fit being a puppet so I think it would be inappropriate to push that as part of his primary theme(even though you can recognize him by that attribute). It would kind of be like making Mario's icon a mustache or overalls.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The vertex hack is utterly unrelated to the PSA project in this thread. The "newest" PSA has always been up for download in the first post here.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
It's been available on Brawlvault and Stacksmash for at least two months now.
Well I apologize. I'll be back with some "sample" animations based on what I see fit, just so see if you like them. =D
I'll try to get like 3 done in the next few days.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
hows the progress?

also i don't know if anybody is interested in making another geno model but i found program recently called

sculptris which looks like it would work amazingly well with blender and its a free software as well and a sculting program like mudbox ^^

here the link http://www.sculptris.com/

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
hows the progress?

also i don't know if anybody is interested in making another geno model but i found program recently called

sculptris which looks like it would work amazingly well with blender and its a free software as well and a sculting program like mudbox ^^

here the link http://www.sculptris.com/
Highly doubt that it will work with the vertex box.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys...nothing really good looking. I've started some stuff, but it's a bit overwhelming. =[ I just can't figure out how to do things certain ways, like just moving the chracter. I don't mean animating fingers and what not, but actually moving him across the floor on a motion path. =/ If someone could make a video tutorial sort of explaining the new brawlbox animation thing and demoing it to, that would be great, I'm not giving up, just not really going anywhere. =/

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Just curious; I don't suppose there's any chance of *adding* a proper cape to this awesome vertex-hack, is there?

Getsuei-Moon

Smash Cadet
Just curious; I don't suppose there's any chance of *adding* a proper cape to this awesome vertex-hack, is there?
Maybe. I think I've read somewhere before that someone placed a Bills hat (and a lot of other things)on jiggs head. So maybe someone can Vertex hack like Mario's or Marth's cape onto Geno and make it look like his from SMRPG.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Maybe. I think I've read somewhere before that someone placed a Bills hat (and a lot of other things)on jiggs head. So maybe someone can Vertex hack like Mario's or Marth's cape onto Geno and make it look like his from SMRPG.
You can't vertex models onto models. :/
And the bills hat worked because he replaced the jiggly that had a separate hat model.

Also, what's wrong with the cape he has now? It could move with the wind if someone animated it to.

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
Hey,

Haven't posted in a while but I've been following progress.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but someone could vertex hack ganondorf into geno, and then downsize the cape. You cannot, however, take the cape and attach it to someone else.

I really like that render of geno and mallow posted a while ago.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Correct me if I'm wrong, but someone could vertex hack ganondorf into geno, and then downsize the cape.
That would look extremely weird, generally you want to vertex characters of similar size and body structure.

Top Bottom