• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I have no idea, there are like 5 people on the team now...

I don't know how this'll work; it's a pretty large group...

ALSO: WTF SANTA CLAUS IN BRAWL. Looking for model nao...

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I have no idea, there are like 5 people on the team now...

I don't know how this'll work; it's a pretty large group...

ALSO: WTF SANTA CLAUS IN BRAWL. Looking for model nao...
Hey, you can ask the Toad guy. Toad is also a VIP char, and someone was using his model, right?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Hey, you can ask the Toad guy. Toad is also a VIP char, and someone was using his model, right?
Toad is a referee with a good model, animations, etc.

...I actually played the game, it's way better than I thought it would be; the whole nternet must hate Sonic (Sonic Unleashed is one of the best Wii games to date, IMO).

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Okay, I found the VIP folder; it's ViewerGadget. Looking for the stuff... I'll PM you what I find.

EDIT: LOL, there's one called "EggFlapper!"

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Egg...flapper?

Anyway, so what's next on Bowser Jr.?

Deciding the final moves?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Shadow Mario's a must, but your moveset is very underwhelming overall, Intrepid. Also, Shadow Mario should not be a mario clone.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Egg...flapper?

Anyway, so what's next on Bowser Jr.?

Deciding the final moves?
Decide the moveset, and then distribute animation jobs to all the animators. once an animation gets done it should be handed to the PSA'ers

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
You should put bowser jr. over zelda and sheik that way you can switch between the two characters when ever you plz and personally i think it would fit better

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I really don't think taking moves from other characters is a good idea.

BJ has the opportunity, like plenty of newly modeled characters, to be extremely unique, and having exact moves as other characters is going to hinge on that.

I do like some of these ideas, like Cognito's Zelda/Shiek SMario and tilt ideas, and diosensakiara's bullet bill idea. Those are the kind of things we could really pull off. Community's pretty fickle, and any hint of being a clone = turnoff, even if the model is new.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman

I do like some of these ideas, like Cognito's Zelda/Shiek SMario and tilt ideas, and diosensakiara's bullet bill idea. Those are the kind of things we could really pull off. Community's pretty fickle, and any hint of being a clone = turnoff, even if the model is new.
For the record, diosensakiara was quoting a moveset i posted Xp.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
How about using the screech attack from strikers, which does a bit damage + creates wind to push the enemy away + a 1 to 10 (or so) chance to shrink the enemy

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Can I please repeat myself by saying I made that moveset in about 10 minutes? It's not final.

I'm currently trying to get Bowser Jr. over Zelda, while Shadow Mario works perfectly over Sheik. All I need to do is create a Shadow Mario moveset , get Mario's animations over Sheik, and start animations from there; Shadow Mario is NOT a Mario clone. I also need to get Bowser Jr. over Zelda; for some reason it loads normal Zelda on the beginning of the match, then I D-B to Shadow Mario, then I D-B again, and the game freezes.

I didn't have access to my computer yesterday, so please excuse my not updating/replying.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow: Your DOT idea is wonderful. I could try hexxing the paintbrush model from M&S2 if it's there, and replace it with a Golden Hammer to use in the model, like Weegee did for Tails.

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
Woud it be possible to put Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario over Pokemon trainer instead becuase they switch out characters too. ;)

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Woud it be possible to put Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario over Pokemon trainer instead becuase they switch out characters too. ;)
PT just doesn't like model importing, and what would the third be?

I don't really think it matters if someone wants to play as Zelda instead of Bowser Jr., they should just get up off their arse and take out the SD Card. That's why I'm not changing it for any Zelda fans out there.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Yeah, that makes sense.

Anyway, how is the search for those models going?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Yeah, that makes sense.

Anyway, how is the search for those models going?
I've got them, but since theyre in a cpk, all of the MDL0s and textures are seperate, so I'm weeding through them and putting them into a BRRES.

Anyone know what the Japanese call Santa?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I said before that the internet hates Sonic although recent efforts like Unleashed were really good.

Chaos is being a b****, and the only Japanese guy on here I know is Kuribo (Goomba)...

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I said before that the internet hates Sonic although recent efforts like Unleashed were really good.

Chaos is being a b****, and the only Japanese guy on here I know is Kuribo (Goomba)...
Well I think I got the fix on your Bowser Jr's eyes. go to the texture data for him and extract the eyes. they probably aren't in CMPR format. Just replace it, changing the format to CMPR. that should do the trick.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I don't really think it matters if someone wants to play as Zelda instead of Bowser Jr., they should just get up off their arse and take out the SD Card. That's why I'm not changing it for any Zelda fans out there.
Even as someone who plays as Zelda, I LOVE YOU because you're not letting the whole "but I main this character" bull**** affect you. :p

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
サンタ

Got it off of Google Translator.

I guess it won't do you any good because it's not in English letters. :laugh:
It's spelled exactly the same way as in English. One of the few words that is, though.

Nice ideas so far, considering Junior hasn't been in many games. The paintbrush is a must, and some moves similar to Bowser's would make sense. Otherwise, I'm not really sure how he should play. Fast but heavy, perhaps?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
BJ is very different from Bowser Senior, even though they're father and son. D: BJ has a sonic screech instead of flames (though in NSMBW he spits small bursts of fire), has rounded tips on the spikes of his shell (meaning no sharp attacks with his shell), bracelet and collar aren't studded, and his horns are rounded as well. Though in Strikers the tips of his bracelet and collar are pointed. o_0

Since this model doesn't even have the studs I don't think they'll really matter.

His attacks will have to be very different from Senior's because he doesn't have what Senior does; establishing a concept for his moveset so it makes sense is probably necessary. Though I would like to keep a form of his downB as the earthquake attack. :3

Cognito, message me if you will when progress with animations has been made. o3o

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Bowser JR should be a sort of faster weaker Bowser, with more unique moves, and his backwards dash should be like squirtles. It would help make him faster.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
okay thats it, I am helping with the project. I cannot let this turn out bad.

Do not let him use any moves similar to Bowser, BJ is full of potential and does not need to take any moves from anyone else.

He should transform into shadow mario there is already a great texture for him i think. Here we can be a little more lenient with shadow mario being a clone. Because well he is a clone. Change most of his attacks. Change ALL of his specials though.

We should try and find a paintbrush for him to use though. quickly go check all the sports games!

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Well guys, I don't know how this whole project will turn out. I don't have as much computer access as I usually do, so progress may slow.

UPDATE:
Bowser Jr. freezes as Zelda; trying to add bones now.

Shadow Mario works great as Sheik, and I (temporarily!) made him a Mario clone so he shows up normally (with Sheik's moveset, he's too tall)

Semi-fixed Bowser Jr.'s textures, still can't get the eyes working... -_-

Ripped all available animations from M&S2, but since the moveset is too different, I'll just hex some winning, losing, walking, running, and wait animations.

I'm trying to do as much as I can, and please excuse me if I have to give up this project. If so, I'll hand all progress out to Mr.Weegee, ThatGuyYouMightKnow, etc.

Also, I got this crazy idea: Super Mario Bros. Brawl: All Mario characters, music, stages, etc., can ISO hacks be distributed here or not? If not, this project would take up too much SD Card space... :p

Moveset is done. Will post later.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, I don't know how this whole project will turn out. I don't have as much computer access as I usually do, so progress may slow.

UPDATE:
Bowser Jr. freezes as Zelda; trying to add bones now.

Shadow Mario works great as Sheik, and I (temporarily!) made him a Mario clone so he shows up normally (with Sheik's moveset, he's too tall)

Semi-fixed Bowser Jr.'s textures, still can't get the eyes working... -_-

Ripped all available animations from M&S2, but since the moveset is too different, I'll just hex some winning, losing, walking, running, and wait animations.

I'm trying to do as much as I can, and please excuse me if I have to give up this project. If so, I'll hand all progress out to Mr.Weegee, ThatGuyYouMightKnow, etc.

Also, I got this crazy idea: Super Mario Bros. Brawl: All Mario characters, music, stages, etc., can ISO hacks be distributed here or not? If not, this project would take up too much SD Card space... :p

Moveset is done. Will post later.
Hey, when Bowser Jr is grabbed, does he streak across the screen when tossed?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Hey, when Bowser Jr is grabbed, does he streak across the screen when tossed?
I haven't tried it, yet, but he most likely does because of the lack (?) of a ThrowN bone.

Hexxing animations was a success! He will have basic gameplay animations by the end of the week.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I dont know where to find a paintbrush model.....

what about sai from Naruto? Dosn't he use a piantbrush?
Mario Sluggers dosnt use MDL0s so cant take the brush from there :@

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I don't know who Sai is, nor know where to find him. If you or someone else culd extract the model, I'd hex, resize, and etc. it.

Right now I'm stealing animations from Dream Snowball Fight (who wanted that file again? :/), Ice Hockey, and Snowboarding for basic movement CHR0s.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I don't know who Sai is, nor know where to find him. If you or someone else culd extract the model, I'd hex, resize, and etc. it.

Right now I'm stealing animations from Dream Snowball Fight (who wanted that file again? :/), Ice Hockey, and Snowboarding for basic movement CHR0s.
Did you find good animations in snowboarding? I didn't try cause I thought it wouldn't make sense?

joem3693

Smash Apprentice

hes from naruto ex 3 or naruto clash of ninja revolution 3 hes a playable character who uses a brush for fighting.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
hes from naruto ex 3 or naruto clash of ninja revolution 3 hes a playable character who uses a brush for fighting.
Okay, but I'm not going to download a 4.7gb game so I can find one file in folders of characters I don't know. If anyone can send me his paint brush, it'd be greatly appreciated, as I have little/no experience with animes like Naruto.

Everyone expect a trailer coming for Bowser Jr. I think I have an idea for a stage, it'll most likely be a 3-layer 2D stage, though. Does anyone know if recent Mario sports titles use MDL0s?

Top Bottom