• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
GRAH! The sheilding still won't work! Does anyone want to take a look at it?

I've delayed this way too much... please understand that I only want others working on it when the major problems are fixed and he has at least some decent animations. I'll probably send this to the team (whoever's still in it) when he gets ported to Zelda.

Or...

Would it be possible to copy Zelda's Transform to Bowser using PSA?

Revven

FrankerZ
You'd need a second .pac for the transformed character though which isn't currently possible to do since there's no extra .pacs for Bowser. (Except Giga Bowser but that's a Final Smash activated one)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Looks like just about everyone is having the shielding problem. It must be attached to a bone that currently isn't capable of handling shielding. What bone is it attached to? o.o

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
hey intrepidcognito, care to explain how you fixed his eye textures? cuz goku has a problem with his texture going black after getting hit or doing a certain animation... I reckon krillin has the same problem... maybe your fix can help us

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
this looks like a promissing progect also an idea for an alternate costum could be his other bib with the teeth on it instead of the mustache one

Fen__

Smash Ace
this looks like a promissing progect also an idea for an alternate costum could be his other bib with the teeth on it instead of the mustache one
That was already decided upon on the previous page (reading is good).

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
hey intrepidcognito, care to explain how you fixed his eye textures? cuz goku has a problem with his texture going black after getting hit or doing a certain animation... I reckon krillin has the same problem... maybe your fix can help us
Nope... I worked on Project Krillin for a while, and I think it has something to do with character animation lighting, as when Krillin uses Mario's growing taunt, his textures flicker back to normal and then darken the same way Mario's go yellow and then back to normal.

The eye glitch is for M&S2 characters that use cha_face_s, as the same thing was wrong with the Amy project. I actually just checked out her files to find the fix for the eyes. :p

"The moustache one?" You mean, the overlooked original epic one? Well, yeah, his bib texture will change with all of his textures (Wario bib for yellow costume, anyone?).

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Oh, haha, that's cute. You plan on having a Wario Bowser Jr. as well?
He's in the pic up there. Third picture, far left.

WUT I'VE DONE:

-Ported Mario over Sheik with all animations intact.
-Created 2 alternate costumes for Bowser Jr. and one for Shadow Mario

WUT I NEED TO DO:

-Fix that sheild glitch...
-Fix that grab glitch...
-Get Mario's hat onto Sheik
-Make some more animations for both
-Fix the eye problem on Shadow Mario (easy)
-Port Boswer Jr. over Zelda
-Mostly everything. -_-

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Nope... I worked on Project Krillin for a while, and I think it has something to do with character animation lighting, as when Krillin uses Mario's growing taunt, his textures flicker back to normal and then darken the same way Mario's go yellow and then back to normal.

The eye glitch is for M&S2 characters that use cha_face_s, as the same thing was wrong with the Amy project. I actually just checked out her files to find the fix for the eyes. :p
Are you talking about the CMPR thing?

Quick update, I'll explain what I've done since last time later.
Nice progress Intrepid!

EDIT; Can you PM me any amy textures you have made. I wanna start assembling the csp for amy now

Btw, I might be moving her to Peach! Depends on my next test...

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
The baseballbat isnt letting me vertex hack it. ;-; dasdonkey box says error.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
How about kamek's broom from NSMBwii? is there any MDL0 that remotely looks like a brush that i can vertex hack?

Fen__

Smash Ace
How about kamek's broom from NSMBwii? is there any MDL0 that remotely looks like a brush that i can vertex hack?
Go for it. Also, someone in the mdl0 thread said there's a paintbrush in Smooth Moves, but I'm not sure what minigame they're talking about. One doesn't come to mind.

Revven

FrankerZ
So wait, Bowser Jr will transform into Shadow Mario? :|
Best... Character... Idea.... EVAR!
Well that's how everyone would have wanted it to be if Bowser Jr. was really going to be in Brawl. It's not an original idea, everyone has probably thought of it at least once because of his first appearance in Sunshine. Regardless, I'm super hyped and hope this project actually gets finished!!

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Nice, Intrepid.

When you're ready to release I'm willing to help you with anything. First of all; fixes.
I got Feraligatr's shielding (On an animation) to work; only problem now is what bone it's using as a shield or some ****, but...Is BJ's shield freezing in T-Pose as well? If not, then it's a problem with the animation. Make sure you fixed the unknowns.

Also, I can't WAIT until we get his high-poly model. ****'s gonna be great.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
My Bowser Jr. moveset was weak? Fine, here's SM's for you people...

Shadow Mario
Waits - Stand, looking around; Jump twice quickly, limbs outstretched.
Jab - Stretched punch, left hand; More stretched, right; Right stretchy uppercut.
Smash - U=Soccer-like upwards headbutt, stretched neck; S=Spin with brush in left, outstretched right arm; D=Quick circle on ground with brushTilts - U=Quick crouched body clench (like C. Falcon's taunt) while his hair spikes into the air; S=Joust forward with brush; D=Quickly turns into a puddleAir - N=Cartwheel, limbs outstretched; U=Jab upwards with brush; F=Stretched kick forward; B=Jabs brush backwards and between legs (like a broomstick); D=Like Ganon's BAir but stretched and weakerSpecial - N=Like Mario's, but made of the blue effect and acts like a boomerang. Comes out of his chest like a part of him. U=Spin Jump (Super Mario Sunshine) S=Spin far forward and Ground Pound upon landing. D=Transform, Shadow Mario throws the brush into his other hand and turns into Bowser Jr. For a small easter egg/symbolism, SM holds in his left, BJr. in his right. Instead of white sparkles, this Transform uses damaging blue effect.Other - Crouch=Lays full-body on ground, no crawl. DashAttack=Dash attack from SMS, complete with end flip, flip makes enemy trip.Grab - U=Like a get trophy stand animation, stretched arms. F=Energetic and stretched slap. B=Flings forward and snaps back like a rubber band. D=Throw down and stab with brush. Pummel=Smack with brush handle. Final Smash - Bowser Jr.'s, but faster, weaker, and with blue effect. UTaunt - Skull Kid-esque butt smack. STaunt - Moves hands through face as if he's a liquid. DTaunt - TGYMK's damage-over-time idea, greater detail later...

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
My Bowser Jr. moveset was weak? Fine, here's SM's for you people...

Shadow Mario
Waits -
Stand
looking around
Jump twice quickly
limbs outstretched

Jab - Stretched punch, left hand; More stretched, right; Right stretchy uppercut.

Smash
U=Soccer-like upwards headbutt, stretched neck;
S=Spin with brush in left, outstretched right arm;
D=Quick circle on ground with brush

Tilts
U=Quick crouched body clench (like C. Falcon's taunt) while his hair spikes into the air;
S=Joust forward with brush
D=Quickly turns into a puddle

Air
N=Cartwheel, limbs outstretched
U=Jab upwards with brush
F=Stretched kick forward
B=Jabs brush backwards and between legs (like a broomstick)
D=Like Ganon's BAir but stretched and weaker

Special
N=Like Mario's, but made of the blue effect and acts like a boomerang. Comes out of his chest like a part of him.
U=Spin Jump (Super Mario Sunshine) S=Spin far forward and Ground Pound upon landing. D=Transform, Shadow Mario throws the brush into his other hand and turns into Bowser Jr. For a small easter egg/symbolism, SM holds in his left, BJr. in his right. Instead of white sparkles, this Transform uses damaging blue effect.

Other - Crouch=Lays full-body on ground, no crawl.
DashAttack=Dash attack from SMS, complete with end flip, flip makes enemy trip.

Grab
U=Like a get trophy stand animation, stretched arms
F=Energetic and stretched slap
B=Flings forward and snaps back like a rubber band
D=Throw down and stab with brush. Pummel=Smack with brush handle.

Final Smash - Bowser Jr.'s, but faster, weaker, and with blue effect.

UTaunt - Skull Kid-esque butt smack. STaunt - Moves hands through face as if he's a liquid. DTaunt - TGYMK's damage-over-time idea, greater detail later...
This format would be way easier to understand. :laugh: Well anyways, after deciphering your last post, I see that you have really planned this out.

He seems too much like Mr. Fantastic with all those stretching moves.

When I think of Shadow Mario, I think of slow, powerhouse moves but Mario-like speed and movement potential, a strange but interesting combo

I think you should take out some of the stretchy moves and add moves some moves with a shadowy "splash" effect, like texturizing the water graphic to look like shadow mario, and have like splashy punches and jumps.

Besides that, your moveset is very creative and kool beans!

n64billy

Smash Ace
When I think of Shadow Mario, I think of slow, powerhouse moves but Mario-like speed and movement potential, a strange but interesting combo

I think you should take out some of the stretchy moves and add moves some moves with a shadowy "splash" effect, like texturizing the water graphic to look like shadow mario, and have like splashy punches and jumps.

Slow.... powerhouse?! Nooooo wayyyy! =O
Shadow Mario is a quick and mobile character who disguises himself as the original with slight tweaks. I (personally) reckon InTrepids moveset sounds like a better idea.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
This format would be way easier to understand. :laugh: Well anyways, after deciphering your last post, I see that you have really planned this out.

He seems too much like Mr. Fantastic with all those stretching moves.

Wut? Shadow Mario IS fast and stretchy. :p I wrote the moveset on my PSP, so sorry about the format. :laugh:

Slow.... powerhouse?! Nooooo wayyyy! =O
Shadow Mario is a quick and mobile character who disguises himself as the original with slight tweaks. I (personally) reckon InTrepids moveset sounds like a better idea.
Coolio. It took me about an hour to make.

n64billy

Smash Ace
anyone here see this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmlZqLMVs9A
think you could do that with shadow mario to make him look more watery?
Awesome! I actually COULD do that. Thanks for the suggestion.
I laughed when I read this... because that's actually my video :p (Hence the user names)
I can do that for you easily InTrepid. Jump on MSN when you wanna talkies.

EDIT: Glad to see that Shadow Mario is coming along now! :3

Top Bottom