• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
i cant quite figure out how to open his mouth o.o

can we port any animations from the game?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
...I don't get it.

What was the problem with replacing Zelda? (Also dayum I wish I hadn't had school today, I would've been working on stuff. Oh well, I get out at 10:30 in the morning. LOL)
Bone indexes and whatnot. It was trying to load animations that called for a nonexistant bone. Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario can transform back and forth between each other flawlessly. :3

However, porting him to Zelda corrupted his tail bone (his tail is trying to act like Zelda's leg or dress or something) and sticks out in front of him kinda far. We all know what that'd look like. This makes him shake it around with sparkles for his A-Jab; it's lol.

Feel free to use this as his official stage, for now.
I didn't read the thread, so please excuse me if I am late.
Thanks, but someone already has the model working (please post it, wherever you are...) and I don't really like messing with STG_EDIT pacs. It looks pretty nice, though. :D

i cant quite figure out how to open his mouth o.o

can we port any animations from the game?
I have several animations from the game. What does his mouth need to be open for?

I support this fully ! Can't wait to try the first beta :)
Anoobish, hmm? That sounds an awful lot like "Anubis."

Are you who I think you are?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
sorry Starwaffle, but he has no face bones, so you probably cant make him smile (unless by magic...)
but speaking of animations, with Bowser Jr.'s current animations, his tail is in the right spot, and not sticking out. it only sticks out when he's T-posed. so we should be able to just position it back into place in the animations. and i'm still not sure why Shadow Mario can't move his hips. he has almost all of Mario's animations, but i still dont know why it does that. again, probably fixable through animation editing.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
sorry Starwaffle, but he has no face bones, so you probably cant make him smile (unless by magic...)
but speaking of animations, with Bowser Jr.'s current animations, his tail is in the right spot, and not sticking out. it only sticks out when he's T-posed. so we should be able to just position it back into place in the animations. and i'm still not sure why Shadow Mario can't move his hips. he has almost all of Mario's animations, but i still dont know why it does that. again, probably fixable through animation editing.
Yup, I reimported Bowser Jr.'s animations and it was fixed.

That long...thing...at least notifies us of animations needed.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Can't you make him smile by vertex hacking?

Well, but then he'd permanantly be smiling.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Ooh i got an idea! For transform from one another once you get a paint brush model make them draw a circle of paint around there feet and then transfrom from bowser jr to shadow mario. Shadowmario needs to use a brush too. but a water one.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
**** this means no bite attacks ;-;

the reason i asked is because i see him with his mouth open in game, but i guess thats just cutscene

btw sorry i have been busy lately. I finished the fall animation o.e but thats about it...

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Ooh i got an idea! For transform from one another once you get a paint brush model make them draw a circle of paint around there feet and then transfrom from bowser jr to shadow mario. Shadowmario needs to use a brush too. but a water one.
To point back at the moveset, Shadow Mario holds the brush in his left hand, while Bowser Jr. holds it in his right. From Bowser Jr. to Shadow Mario, Bowser Jr. throws his brush in the air, pulls his mask up, and when he catches it in his left hand, he turns into Shadow Mario. Mario does the same except for he doesn't have a mask, and he passes from left to right.

**** this means no bite attacks ;-;

the reason i asked is because i see him with his mouth open in game, but i guess thats just cutscene

btw sorry i have been busy lately. I finished the fall animation o.e but thats about it...
The high-poly model has jaw bones I think...

Send me that fall! If you guys send me animations, just send the CHR0, okay?

EDIT: Some stuff done for character select screen. Look under "Media for Both" on the third OP.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
All right. I'm trying to learn vertex hacking to make this:

Sybmolic of my name--Mr.Weegee.

But if this works, I can try to make a paintbrush afterwards, using vertex hacking.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
All right. I'm trying to learn vertex hacking to make this:

Sybmolic of my name--Mr.Weegee.

But if this works, I can try to make a paintbrush afterwards, using vertex hacking.
I cant find anything to vertex hack into a paintbrush

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Maybe Ike's sword--it's a seperate model, and you can extend the handle, and make the blade very short and more like an oval.

It makes sense--kinda.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
To point back at the moveset, Shadow Mario holds the brush in his left hand, while Bowser Jr. holds it in his right. From Bowser Jr. to Shadow Mario, Bowser Jr. throws his brush in the air, pulls his mask up, and when he catches it in his left hand, he turns into Shadow Mario. Mario does the same except for he doesn't have a mask, and he passes from left to right.

The high-poly model has jaw bones I think...

Send me that fall! If you guys send me animations, just send the CHR0, okay?

EDIT: Some stuff done for character select screen. Look under "Media for Both" on the third OP.
Nice css and csp stuff have you made the Csp names yet?

n64billy

Smash Ace
Since no one else seems to have bothered trying.... HYPE!

Kameks wand (The polygon for his body was hidden in that picture)
This is just a quick vertex and texture to see if it could work, which it very well could...
I'd be able to get a more detailed brush using his broom, but the model is in the same .brres, so the auto hexer can't pick it up and I'll have to manually hex it myself which I can't be bothered doing at the moment.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
How about Vertex hacking the Star Rod or something?

Thats really the only think I can suggest unless you take someone's sword and vertex hack it into a Paintbrush, like Ragnell, which has the perfect blade tip for it.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Ragnell (in my opinion) is nothing like the brush... The star rod also would be a bit tricky to change then also texture.

Until Wario Ware: Smooth Moves downloads and I look through there, or until I hex Kamecks broom, this is the closest anyone has...

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
no, no. I slightly changed the drawing so its more visible.

Also if you send me the file, i can hex out the broom.

n64billy

Smash Ace
no, no. I slightly changed the drawing so its more visible.

Also if you send me the file, i can hex out the broom.
AH! Clearness! =D The blurry mask in the OP got me worried for a moment but looks like you've fixed it.

I can hex it myself, I just can't be bothered at the moment.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
k well tell me when you hex it, so i can vertex hack it. unless your going to do that too.

n64billy

Smash Ace
k well tell me when you hex it, so i can vertex hack it. unless your going to do that too.
Haha, of course! But even then, if you think (And you most likely can) that you can do a better job, then I could give you the file as well anyways... Feel free to add me to MSN for lulz.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
OOH. Now I see what you did there. Very nice, especially the stomach.

I was just about to Brawlify him using Bowser's textures, but this looks really good. :D

n64billy

Smash Ace
InTrepid... I can has join team? =D
I'm really interested in Shadow Mario, so I suppose I could help make some animations for him since I like your stretchy idea. (MSN FTW)

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I'm really interested in Shadow Mario, so I suppose I could help make some animations for him since I like your stretchy idea. (MSN FTW)
Just don't let him turn out as were-mario XD

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Of course. I'll send you the stuff when I get it all compiled and ready.

StarWaffle, can you please send me the animation(s) you've done?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I've only finished jumpsquat, jumpf, and fall D:

I'll do some more before i send em over

bowserjr. isnt going to have the brush constantly in his hands right? it'll just come out for his attacks?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I've only finished jumpsquat, jumpf, and fall D:

I'll do some more before i send em over

bowserjr. isnt going to have the brush constantly in his hands right? it'll just come out for his attacks?
It'll only come out when needed. I'm going to try ripping some Super Mario Sunshine textures for Shadow Mario, because even though Pako made it, that Shadow Mario texture is bad. It looks like a dried/rusted liquid, in my opinion.

Top Bottom