• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Maybe it's part of the model?

And I don't mean to poke at you about this, but how's the search for Santa Chaos going?
Oh...

I'll PM that to you, I've had a lot going on lately, so sorry..

Do you want the CHR0s, too? Do you want me to hex the model?

Senjen

Smash Apprentice

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Okay, but I'm not going to download a 4.7gb game so I can find one file in folders of characters I don't know. If anyone can send me his paint brush, it'd be greatly appreciated, as I have little/no experience with animes like Naruto.

Everyone expect a trailer coming for Bowser Jr. I think I have an idea for a stage, it'll most likely be a 3-layer 2D stage, though. Does anyone know if recent Mario sports titles use MDL0s?
Not to be mean, I LOVE Bowser JR and I REALLY want him in. But you shouldn't make a trailer untill you have attacks and CSP's and junk, but if you already planned that, then good for you! And thankx! =D

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Not to be mean, I LOVE Bowser JR and I REALLY want him in. But you shouldn't make a trailer untill you have attacks and CSP's and junk, but if you already planned that, then good for you! And thankx! =D
Bowser Jr. just woldn't be complete w.o a paintbrush, Is there one in animal crossing?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
um I'd be willing to buy that model if it worked.
From the site:

Description

Not tested yet. Recommended to write with the handle, not the brush. Special thanks to :DAN for the idea and corrections.

It's also under "stylus" on a CRAFTING website.

That's no 3D model, guys.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
InTrepidCognito do you have a reference picture of bowser's paint brush if you don't here they are

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2218/259106-bowser_jr_super.jpg

and here's shadow mario with the paintbrush ...

http://themushroomkingdom.net/images/sms/sms_shadow_mario.jpg

i haven't played super mario sluggers but here's a picture of him using it in there ...

http://themushroomkingdom.net/images/ss/mss/007.jpg

(too bad it doesn't use MDLO'S) ...
I know what Bowser Jr. looks like... :p

However, I completely forgot about his awesome Mario face bib from Sunshine. That's going to replace that ugly face thing that's on his model now.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Triple post, but it's my thread, so bleh.

(some) BASIC ANIMATIONS ARE DONE

Wait1
Win1
Win1Wait
Lose
Dash
Shield*
SheildOn*

*Bowser Jr. freezes upon sheilding...

Also, I just can't get Bowser Jr. to work over Zelda. Just cannot. I need help.
Also2: Some animations loop badly (Wait1). I'll try to fix that.

I semi-brightened the textures, but the eyes still don't work. Gah.

I'll add this to the OP and make a video when I get back home.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Some animations require the same amount of frames as the game won't accept that if not (with the beep of death). Shielding, Dashing, etc. Try making them the same amount of frames and it should work.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Some animations require the same amount of frames as the game won't accept that if not (with the beep of death). Shielding, Dashing, etc. Try making them the same amount of frames and it should work.
I second this, but how many bones does Bowser Jr. Have b4 adding some, cause if you're trying to add, let's say like 15 or more, then I don't think zelda is a good pick at all. If push comes to shove, I think the moveset would still be great without shadow mario.

Just make sure you use very unique ideas like the bullet bill and the screeching and stuff, making him very unique.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I second this, but how many bones does Bowser Jr. Have b4 adding some, cause if you're trying to add, let's say like 15 or more, then I don't think zelda is a good pick at all. If push comes to shove, I think the moveset would still be great without shadow mario.

Just make sure you use very unique ideas like the bullet bill and the screeching and stuff, making him very unique.
As long as the MotionEtc doesn't call for a nonexistant bone, it shouldn't freeze, right?

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Triple post, but it's my thread, so bleh.

(some) BASIC ANIMATIONS ARE DONE

Wait1
Win1
Win1Wait
Lose
Dash
Shield*
SheildOn*

*Bowser Jr. freezes upon sheilding...

Also, I just can't get Bowser Jr. to work over Zelda. Just cannot. I need help.
Also2: Some animations loop badly (Wait1). I'll try to fix that.

I semi-brightened the textures, but the eyes still don't work. Gah.

I'll add this to the OP and make a video when I get back home.
Dont worry about the vidja. I think getting things working is more important than the video.
Get what you need done first. =]

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Dont worry about the vidja. I think getting things working is more important than the video.
Get what you need done first. =]
It wasn't going to be a trailer, more of a progress video, but I don't even have a capture card! :laugh: That's true, though. I don't really think I was cut out to work on this, every time I try to fix something, I break two more things...

I'll send the model and MotionEtc to anyone that can help fix these problems... who all was on the team again? :dizzy:

What I need is:
-Eye textures visible
-Sheild glitch removed
-Possible port to Zelda
-Dash/walk/pretty much movement in general working (He moves until about the animation is over, and then loops the animation, but doesn't move).

I shortened/expanded the sheild animations to that of Bowser, but I still get the BoD.

So... yeah...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Then if so, it's probably just an error on what bone is being used as the shield's base; TopN is 0, and without that I think it freezes. Try renaming the first bone to TopN (in the model and in the animation) and see what happens.

Have you tried using the texture .pac as well? Not having that could cause freezes on transformers like Zelda.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Then if so, it's probably just an error on what bone is being used as the shield's base; TopN is 0, and without that I think it freezes. Try renaming the first bone to TopN (in the model and in the animation) and see what happens.

Have you tried using the texture .pac as well? Not having that could cause freezes on transformers like Zelda.
Hmmmm, thats odd, cause I never gave Amy a TopN bone at all

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
As long as the MotionEtc doesn't call for a nonexistant bone, it shouldn't freeze, right?
Sorry for double post. I guess it would work that way but to be truthful, this injecting model thing is in early stages right now. I guess we could call injecting models on a beta level right now. With time, things should work better. For now, it seems like the only solution to unexplained problems is luck, and/or Trial and Error:(

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
It wasn't going to be a trailer, more of a progress video, but I don't even have a capture card! :laugh: That's true, though. I don't really think I was cut out to work on this, every time I try to fix something, I break two more things...

I'll send the model and MotionEtc to anyone that can help fix these problems... who all was on the team again? :dizzy:

What I need is:
-Eye textures visible
-Sheild glitch removed
-Possible port to Zelda
-Dash/walk/pretty much movement in general working (He moves until about the animation is over, and then loops the animation, but doesn't move).

I shortened/expanded the sheild animations to that of Bowser, but I still get the BoD.

So... yeah...
I know this is pretty hard, but I dont think you should give up! Thats not what I meant! XD
I wish you the best. I'm very excited about him. =]

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace

Uhh... in M&S models, would that be bone_root or body_set? If TopN is the base bone, I'd say it's bone_root, but I kind of want another opinion.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I win. Eyes and texture are now fixed, but the sheild glitch is still there. -_-

I changed his bib back to Sunshine style and made it look like a child drew it. I think this bib looks better than the newer bib.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Nuuuuu, it ain't a bib, it's a bandana. D:

Lookin good though. I wish he were more detailed, but until we get the rebuilder, we can't have his hi-poly model. ;_;

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
did you fix the matrial problem? that problem the model disappering sometimes?
I kept rotating and zooming around the place so I could get a good pic. It still disappears, just not as much (where I had it, the camera could go inside of him with disappearing 0.o).

Top Bottom