• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Video Thread

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
I got an idea, dont involve drama in a video game. So both of you calm down and whoever wants to be the bigger man just stop replying with stupid comments

Tyson651

Smash Lord
I WANT TO BE THE BIGGER MAN RAWRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!11

chad- and your welcome lol

joel/carl- thanks for ur compliment, kekek

kithkin

Smash Champion
i'm a bigger man lol.

and randall you're right but, shineees.

and getting owned by peach isnt disgraceful for me.

TYSON!!!

Stevo

Smash Champion
I just realised I never got to play any of the pro impact players at the tournament.:laugh:

I remember I used to be the random scrub smasher from Calgary who nobody had ever heard of. Since I could only play the game by myself, I learned to play each of the 25 characters to some degree, and watched basically any good video I could find.

then one weekend I showed up to play smash at Mike's place. I was pretty nervous at first... as it was the first time I had really played smash against other people.
At one point I decided to have a little fun and pick zelda. I had never really played her before, but I figured why not.

Surprise! Everyone was losing to my Zelda lol!

And A Zelda player is born!

lol but anyway, my point is.... Calgary/red deer may be behind us in skill, but just like I've come a long way and Caught up to some degree, so will they.

now im the big bad Edmonton Smasher LOL :laugh:

GO PRO IMPACT! if only you guys existed when I was in Calgary....

man I just cant wait to have more good smashers to compete against...

Carls tourney is gonna be great.... .

BE THERE PEOPLE! OR I"LL ZELDA KICK YOU!

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
(everything said)
Thank you soooo much. ^^ You're a prime example of everything that's right in this community.

...however when I lose a teams match to a Peach player that only rolls, throws turnips, and down-smashes, I get a bit edgy.
Why do I get the feeling that's directed at me? ;)
I know my Peach is tech-skill-********, but it's soooo hard changing characteres when I can get away with just rolling, throwing turnips and down-smashing. :(
Randall keeps talking about this "self-respect" thing... I dunno. Maybe it'll catch-on one day.

And thanks for all the kind words. That kind of possitive attitude is contagious. Hopefuly we can all be so open-minded and share a geniune interest in our fellow players.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Randall keeps talking about this "self-respect" thing... I dunno. Maybe it'll catch-on one day.
Scrubiest thing ever. I guess you have never seen Vidjo or Ignatius (Iggy) play, they ONLY camp, and by camping I mean running around the stage until the counter go down and throwing turnips. So don't change your style to "respect" other players, you have the right to win and piss everybody out if they can't touch you.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Why do I get the feeling that's directed at me? ;)
Haha, the reason you get that feeling is the very same human condition that cF is putting on display by getting all defensive and personal about my commentary on the negative, unhelpful attitudes that are inarguably scattered all over these forums. I stopped reading at "where have I been harsh to you to receive such comment" and finished it all off with a poetic "you have the right to win and piss everybody out if they can't touch you." Which effectively confirms his incompatibility with our communal standpoint. :) At least you're able to attach a smiley to your post and recognize that it's probably not about you and move along.

now i just havve to start typeing liek this so i don't get flamed for writing complex but flawed sentences!!!!!11111 :laugh:

Tyson651

Smash Lord
chad- im sure it isnt directed at u, if u had seen our other team match >.>
brad- lol what? why u yelling my name?

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
If I play to meet new people, learn about the game and make friends... it would be pretty counter-productive of me to piss everyone off even if it means victory.

There's certainly nothing wrong with the "win at any cost" mentality if you're playing to win.

I've noticed while playing Peach, I've pretty much ignored L-cancelling, WaveDashing, Edgeteching, DashDancing, Tech-Jumping, Ledge Hopping, Short Hopping, and countless other techniques simply because I've been able to win without them.

If I really wanted to become more skillful, wouldn't it make sence to switch it up and play a character where these skills might be the key to winning?

Basicly, I'll learn more losing with Young Link than I would winning with Peach.
(but I oh-so love winning...) ;)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
brad- kekek, im first :p

chad- peach would be better if u would wavedash. but then again, when i play peach, all i do is pick up turnip, throw it to float, to fair float cancelled, dsmash, dash attack, and grab. :D

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah chad, i've been starting to pick up a few techniques myself, like L-canceling, Ledge Hopping, Short Hopping, and some others, just not the wavedash crap, i mean what idiot wavedashes :chuckle:

cF=)

Smash Lord
Haha, the reason you get that feeling is the very same human condition that cF is putting on display by getting all defensive and personal about my commentary.
Hey! you quoted me, and used sarcasm all over the place. I had to respond and reiterate what I said so you understand the message behind my post.

now i just havve to start typeing liek this so i don't get flamed for writing complex but flawed sentences!!!!!11111 :laugh:
I'm sure you know what I really meant :rolleyes:

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Calgary's best player probably won't stant a chance vs. Edmonton's best.
even if carl and shawn were have their bad days, im 100% confident they would beat all of what calgary has to offer anyway.
Was John at the Red Deer Tourney? Make him play some Edmonton guys! Don't let him hide. If he's gonna be Calgary's best, he's gotta represent, ya know? And I'm pretty sure he'll "stand a chance".

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
If I was a betting man, my money would still be on Edmonton's best. (Sorry John!)
Although, it's a fight I would like to see, regardless the outcome. I didn't mean to imply that he'll certainly lose... I just ment to say he'll probably lose. ;) And that dosen't mean that John isn't a good player. All it means is that Edmonton's just that much better.
I'm glad there's people more optimistic than myself, tho!

The bigger point I was trying to make with that quoted line was that we might not on-par with what Edmonton has, but they had better watch thier backs, because we're getting better by the day. I certainly can imagine a day when Calgary rivals Edmonton.

And yah, John was absent from the Red Deer tourney.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
who is this, john guy?

is he xplicitfire? or something, hes the one who uses falco i think?

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Hard to remember anything from that day. I think my brain has closed off those memories as a kind of self-preservation instinct, in order to perserve my sanity. ^^

"You! You're playing on Station3! NOW! No, you can't finish this one match!"

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Oh, God. I remember.

"NOW. NO EXCUSES. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A MATCH. STATION 3, OR YOU'RE DISQUALIFIED."

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
If I was a betting man, my money would still be on Edmonton's best. (Sorry John!)
Although, it's a fight I would like to see, regardless the outcome. I didn't mean to imply that he'll certainly lose... I just ment to say he'll probably lose. ;) And that dosen't mean that John isn't a good player. All it means is that Edmonton's just that much better.
I'm glad there's people more optimistic than myself, tho!
Well no I'm not necessarily saying that I would have my money on John either. Edmonton is known for having some of the best players in Canada for a reason. What I'm saying is that, maybe, if given good odds, I would have money on John. To be honest, I think John is miles ahead of anyone else in Calgary. So far ahead that you can't really compare him other Calgary smashers. So, until you play him, don't be so quick to judge what all of Calgary has to offer.

John, if you are reading this, know that you now have an obligation to goto the next Edmonton tourney :)

kithkin

Smash Champion
hahaha,john definately should go. cause even if he loses, he at least for once gets to play someone who can beat him more often than any calgary player.

right now we're looking at Mich, he's the only calgary player who can really beat john.

yes i have beat john, but john can be me anytime he'd like, he knows exactly how.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Delays and such....

With regards to the matches from the eleventh bi-weekly, I've posted a few now and will still accept any other requests you may have. This week has been tremendously busy so I haven't been able to complete the highlight reel quite yet either, plus I'm still behind on the proimpact.ca work. Soon all will be in place and look for the highlight reel early this week, potentially tomorrow....err, later today.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
My god Randall, good work. Of only I was a hard working as you with the Red Deer things...

Edit!?!?! Oh, Randall I watched some of the new videos. is it just me or is the game music extremely quiet, or is that so that other music can be added and still have the sound effects?

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Watching the M vs. Chad video. I'm surprised he did so well.
Chad you better watch out... with a little better mindgames M could pose a threat to your reign of Peachness.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Chad you better watch out... with a little better mindgames M could pose a threat to your reign of Peachness.
In a friendly match before our offical one, M was blasting me out'a the sky!

If I would try a ground approach, I would be greated by a billion missiles of varying height, speed and power... with the occasional death-ball thrown in for good mesaure.
If I tried an arial assualt, a quick boot to the face would stop me in my tracks.
I was lost for a valid approach!

I lost in the friendly, and I certainly came close to losing in the offical match.

I've never played a Samus so good as projectile-spam, it certainly was learn-as-I-go. Look foward to our next match! Seems like you've already spotted some things you'll like to change. All I can do is hope to improve at the same pace and keep up! :D

Ermine

Smash Ace
In a friendly match... My Game and Watch...(Who I never use) was owning Kithkin...

But it got interrupted because I had a match in the tournament to play...

kithkin

Smash Champion
matching, not owning. sorry but i'll have to defend that.

i'll let you use the owning me with yoshi though.

but game and watch i was winning, not by far, but winning.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
In a friendly match... My Game and Watch...(Who I never use) was owning Kithkin...

But it got interrupted because I had a match in the tournament to play...
are u requesting the vid for that?

cause otherwise, id have to say that would be a very arrogant random post.

mach5, one thing that could improve ur gameplay is wavedash back + fsmash, jab to dsmash, and crouch cancel countering.

also use more missile cancelling, rather than just ground missile shooting, what u could do is sh to missile cancel, to running in for a grab at same time.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
weird things eh. in the friendly match i was losing to levi constantly. but in the official match i beat levi. and yeah i could use alot more mc's, its just that i was a bit nervous.

kithkin

Smash Champion
bomb trixies all the way.

and yeah, do the dual missles, i gotta say it makes a nice spamus. (although the ground missles do screw me up quite a bit more)

kithkin

Smash Champion
haha ask levi about that, he's fairly good at it, and plays me (i like to weave.)

although i am ******** and jump into the easy ones to dodge all the time.

Top Bottom