• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Video Thread

Ermine

Smash Ace
Thats pretty funny cus I have known that all along XD... I can wavedash whenever I want and dashdance as well too. I am starting to incorporate it into my game... As you may have saw when I was getting the mind game kicked outta me against John's Falcon... I started doing some of that stuff DURING the match and it seemed to work... Hence my comeback...

Right now at this time I believe that I am playing a bit too safe and not taking for granted the ability and speed that I have... I know I can do these things... and I do them all the time against easier friends... Its just that I feel I will make a mistake or something stupid during a important match. I just have to trust that I do know how to do those things well, I just have to incorporate them as well as use them more to make my game even better XD

Same goes for my Marth X_X... Oh Randall, if it is not too much trouble... Could you upload the match between my Marth and John's Falcon... A funny part in there as well as the biggest ownage of mind games EVER... The match was decently close but my marth was "Mentaly" slow...

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ya, thats the problem, but u just gotta take it the hard way, and just bite ur lip and try it, even if it costs u the match. its the only way to learn, and thats how i did it.

also, it probably will speed up ur game, and usually when u take it a notch up in ur character speed, the opponent freezes (when u two are close in skill level), as long as u maintain control with a bit higher speed, comebacks or w/e are much closer to grasp.

i use marth, i dunno how good u are, since i never played john or nitro to compare, but i have played levi. but i could help u a bit with marth if u want.

ive been helping levi with falcon this whole time, and hes a hella lot better. he lost to chad in the tourney, but i gave him tips and what he did wrong during the game (i was watching them) and what he should have done. later on, in the losers bracket, he had to play chad again, and he beat him :).

Ermine

Smash Ace
Nice XD... Also I just recently came into this community... I had only played like one tournament that my friend organized and won before and I really think that I can learn a few things. Even though I match up way better than I thought I would, there are definitely some things I can work on.

A bit more practice on C. Falcon and Ice Climbers... which I had like never played before that day... and I should be SET FOR LIFE.... or... Set for Smash life... if that is a life.. XD

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
You'd best be facing Levi's Falcon then if you want to get better vs Falcon. Mine is no good.
It'd actually be better if you could face Neil's though, his is even better.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
or my falcon :D kekek

falcon is my secondary actually, while marth is my main.

ya, ermine, ur pika seems very solid, and doesnt seem like it has any bad habits or basic technical flaws in movement. all it is for u, is downhill to learn from here.

carl also told me that pika's ftilt is an anti-falcon move, dunno how well it works, but u should try doing that once in a while.

kithkin

Smash Champion
ahaahahaha. sorry this is funny.

hey randall if you feel up to it, i'll request a vid from the actual bi-weeklie that just happened.

a set if possible, but a video of me vs chad.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Peach vs. Sheik = Anne Heche vs. Sinead O'Connor

I don't know, I was going to ask as well. I mean, what's so amusing about a match where two characters continually attempt to out-gay one another until someone quits Smash altogether? :)

Ermine

Smash Ace
Oh xpiritflare, since all I got to play was your Falcon last time, I kinda wanted to see how I faired against some of your other characters... Just working on fixing up my strategies and making new ones XD

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Can I make a special request to NOT upload that final-four-free-for-all? I mean... that's gotta be a couple gigs of horribly boring video where everyone just stays away from eachother. No time limit, either!

Next time, FFFFA on Flat Zone just to makeup for that crime against humanity...

And Randall! Look on the bright-side! If the Peach vs. Sheik conflit ends in the scenario you describe, you won't have to play either a Peach or a Sheik again! :D (I'm holding out for the "Brad quits" scenario, myself..) ;)

kithkin

Smash Champion
haha yeah no temple, aswell as i wasnt talking about my post being funny, but the posts before it being funny.

and why i want the match is so i can figure out how to get better at out gaying/

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
FinalFourFreeForAllFourStockFourMinutesFourFOURFOU R444!!!!

Can I make a special request to NOT upload that final-four-free-for-all? I mean... that's gotta be a couple gigs of horribly boring video where everyone just stays away from eachother. No time limit, either!
Granted!

In fact, I was thinking that we should take the FFFFA back to Hyrule Temple, however, make it a 4-stock match with a 4:00 time limit. That way you HAVE to do some work and if you don't, yer gonna be teching randomly spawning bombs at 300% in Sudden Death.

At this point, people should be saying "well, isn't 4:00 a little low for Hyrule"?

To which I respond: Yes. :)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Wouldn't a lower time limit give you more incentives to camp? It's a small time limit so it's easy to keep a 1 stock lead. YOSHI'S STORY, COME ON!

kithkin

Smash Champion
haha you'd think so but not really. cause people would have to make sure they keep a lead, at which point theres always people fighting to get up.

aswell as randall said, bombings.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
I would like to request a match from the 13th biweekly. M(Samus) vs Itch(Peach) on Final Destination. Also i'd like to be able to download it and have the file for myself.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
mach5, look in the misc. videos forum, and look for my thread, its the one that allows u to download off of youtube and stuff, so it would probably save randall work and time if he would just upload onto youtube, and u can use the sites i posted on my thread to download off of it.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
a link would of been nice... and "thatsmybutta" the highlight reels were made from people who don't play so competetively till a while ago. if you noticed the matches most of the people got alot better, and will keep on improving. If you think they're so bad why don't you come to the biweekly and show us some clips that deserve to be on the highlight reel

mach5

Smash Journeyman
alright nvm i just youtubed a video on how to download videos off youtube haha. So now i won't need randal to filefront anything, just to upload the video on youtube.

kithkin

Smash Champion
lawls. above posts make me laugh.

but i'm looking forward to seeing the new bi-weeklie videos, see what its like when i'm not there.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Except me, I replaced Brad, Mitchell, AND myself, AND MY OLD SELF. SHEIK, ICE CLIMBERS, AND FALCON [and mario] AWWW YEAAAAH!

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh so you brought out the IC's? good job on that. no comment on the shiek or falcon.

and ****N SON i always miss your mario. conspiracy.

edit: lawls, i used two N's and it only censors one. hot diggity daamn

edit2: i really should start censor dodging like carl

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
It's pretty much not a thread to discuss things n_n, everytime someone bumps it random scrubs, and sometimes non-scrubs come by and enlighten us. LOL.

Allan, I hope you don't mind; I'd like to request the set between Allan and I to not be uploaded, since there's more recent sets of us playing, and I'm sure Randall would appreciate the small break, more than we would watching the matches. Oh right, I forgot: he wants the ones where he wins, nevermind. /rollseyesandlols

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
This'll be my last request for a long time I swear!

Can you upload the match between me and Allan, 2nd match of the best of 3 set, my Marth vs his Samus on FD.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Which of you are going to CT3? How do y'all expect to place?

Kithkin, I suggest you play Peach. The dash attacks and downsmashes are too good with her, lol.

I look forward to seeing some of you there! .. right?!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'll be going, and I expect to place in the top 15 despite my tendency to choke in tournament matches. :) Don't worry about Kithkin, he has a potent enough understanding of Sheik's gayer qualities to hold his own!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Randall! Go critique my vids! my thread died! :( you can find it as one of the very few threads I created.

Sheik can only do so much against fox unless her edgeguard game is really good. That takes a wee bit of experience. But yeah, the gaying does work in general. Do you think I'll place top 15? I... have been doing decently in most BC tournaments.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Haha, it doesn't look like your thread died at all! :) It received multiple responses critiquing your characters from a wide variety of points of view, I'm not sure what more you want. The best advice I can offer you is the same I offer to most people who post videos hoping for an analysis: be careful with the advice you receive. Reading a few comments about your gameplay from someone else's point of view that you've never met is not going to make or break your tournament performance. In the same respect, if more people had commented on your video prior to SFU, it would not have increased your odds of beating Forward. Advice is just advice; play to your strengths within the skillset that comes naturally to you and don't try and do things in combat when you know you're not even comfortable doing them alone without a pressuring opponent. In other words, just because I can short-hop double laser like it's nothing in training mode doesn't mean that I can fall right into that in a real match. It takes just as much experience practicing techniques in combat as it does out of combat and refining those skills is no different.

I suspect that you'll place in the top 15, if not a fair bit higher. Despite Edmonton's rowdy roster, B.C. has a much stronger overall competitive level and tournament success is quite often defined by your local competition. I can almost guarantee you'll beat me at least. :)

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Lol, have faith! =D I play MARTH AND FOX. seriously. How are they supposed to do well in a tournament? ;) Also, I've been thoroughly reassured that Mike will destroy me through means of ****. I'm hoping that isn't the case with everyone else.

I'm ranked 6th in BC Power rankings, and I took 3rd at the tournament with forward. But the thing is I had an easier bracket than most, so now i'm not sure about my ability. I also have no doubles partner for CT3.

I can shdl like a mother in training mode too. I need some sheik practice though, and my dear friend Hitsugaya has let me know that he will Sheik me out of the tournament. YAY! =D Against mike, should I go fox or marth? have you played with him before?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Lol, have faith! =D I play MARTH AND FOX. seriously. How are they supposed to do well in a tournament? ;) Also, I've been thoroughly reassured that Mike will destroy me through means of ****. I'm hoping that isn't the case with everyone else.

I'm ranked 6th in BC Power rankings, and I took 3rd at the tournament with forward. But the thing is I had an easier bracket than most, so now i'm not sure about my ability. I also have no doubles partner for CT3.

I can shdl like a mother in training mode too. I need some sheik practice though, and my dear friend Hitsugaya has let me know that he will Sheik me out of the tournament. YAY! =D Against mike, should I go fox or marth? have you played with him before?
i actually watched some of ur vids, and ur marth looks really similar to my marth. but against mike, id have to say for u to go fox, but if u manage to beat him a round, he will pull out marth against ur fox, so im not sure what u should do there. joel actually beat mike's falcon, but when mike pulled out his marth against joel's fox, he got 3 stocked :(

Top Bottom