• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Infil

Smash Journeyman
So I'm going to try to go to Levi's on Wednesday so we can do an all-character ditto. We'll play all 26 characters with FD, Poke Stad, Battlefield, Kirby 64 and Yoshi's Story on random. We'll play the characters in sequential order starting at Dr. Mario. I think Levi will try to record the matches and Youtube them (or maybe just the good ones).

I set the line at Levi 16. Post your over/under bets and thoughts!

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Oooo that sounds like fun. I hope you've improved since I last played you Ricky, or Levi will be taking a lot more than that.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember when you played me... I'm pretty sure it was after I hadn't played for about 2 months, though.

However, that's also the case this time!

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I can't compete with Levi in the high tiers except Falcon and Marth (my mains). I'm willing to basically throw away the Fox, Falco, and Samus matches... I'll see if I can kill him once or something. I also kind of suck with Sheik, but at least I can do a few standard combos with her. I feel confident in Jiggs, Ness, Mewtwo (among others), so I hope I can at least make it interesting.

I should be able to come early enough to warm up... I hope. I can't go into this completely cold, so we'll have to have some warmup matches for sure.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Levi took it 17-9. The over takes it in a close one.

I won Bowser, Peach, Ness, Kirby, Sheik, Link, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo. Levi took the rest.

Almost all the matches were really close (with the exception of Fox and Falco, really). Levi took both Falcon and Marth, though both went down to high percentage on the last stock if I remember right. In fact, there were a lot of 150%+ on the last stock... DK, Peach, Dr. Mario and others. I was a little choked I didn't take at least one of Marth/Falcon, but Levi won the majority of those rematches in the friendlies after so I suppose the result was fitting.

Unfortunately, I don't think we got any good matches on video (that is, none of them are too spectacular). I'll leave it to Levi if he wants to put any of the matches up or not.

They were fun matches overall, and it's something others should try. Jiggs turned into a rest battle, for example, which was fun. I still have NO idea what's going on with Fox and Falco. :)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
lmfao our jiggs dittos were hilarious. I have terrible luck, no matter what; if i get a rest i'm gonna get ***** when they respawn, it's like i have 3 seconds of extra lag lol!

And our dk dittos, those were intense.

I'll probably put up some of our matches but not all, since as you said earlier, they weren't the most amazing matches ever played; that's what next time is for :p

Infil

Smash Journeyman
DK was great. Whenever someone would get a throw off, he would be comboed like 70-80%. So we'd start at 0% each, and someone would get a throw and take a 80% lead, and then the other person would get a throw and return the favor. Every DK friendly we played afterwards went down to the last stock at high percentages.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Mr. Levi, if you want some video help/a smashing good time this afternoon, give me a ring. Not sure if you're busy or what not, but I've got some time to kill until about 6:30ish.

Proton Jon

Smash Rookie
Speaking of video quality, I was really bored today so I was trying this out. Opinions on if it looks okay or not? Just... don't ask what I was doing in the video it was done for something specific...

Google Video Dailymotion

Proton Jon

Smash Rookie
WOAH WOAH WOAHH

wait a sec, at 1:35 on google videos one. DOES HE STOP A BOMB WITH HIS TAUNT?
I think sudden death bombs just randomly detonate in midair, although it does kinda look like it since it happened multiple times in the video. I think it was just good timing on the bomb side.

kithkin

Smash Champion
thats pretty cool though.

either way, I prefer google video out of the two.

and... if I'm not mistaken, nice Battletoads high score run, best game ever.

LEVI I REALIZED WHY I WAS RIGHT YET WRONG. When we argued about battletoads I was talking about Battletoads in battlemaniacs, not the NES one.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
John: We got pics of Erica

Randall: Sorry I was bussing around and **** with Sho all day yesterday, and didn't see the message

Jon: that video is awesome

Brad: GG

Everyone: My controller broke =[

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Good point Allan:

ATTN CLGRY:
I'll try my hardest to host smash this weekend as Allan had said Saturday sounds good. However, my parents aren't even in this continent untill 12:30 AM Saturday morning. The big problem is contacting them about it. They don't seem to be getting back to me on any of my messages so far. That's understandable, considering they're on vacation, but it's not convenient for us. So: I'd like to request my place be a last resort for hosting. Anyone wanna host? =]

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol im busy, I was gonna say wanna play friday. still suggesting it.

where are they again?

Also, Levi post from the grave bed.

Top Bottom