• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

HylianHero3

Smash Rookie
Hey can somone pm me Id like to attend the tourney on the weekend of Nov 17th Im from Regina SK and Ill be bringing 2-4 people ill have info confirmed later today or tommorow

Thanks
oooo sounds like we'll have more than few players this time around, i better be prepped for this, anyhow Randall i am confirming i will be there on the 18th

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
Hey Infil
remember when i lived in calgary and you were like the only person I could find who played smash... and we were suposed to play but never got around to it and then I moved to edmonton for uni....

good times..... lol
Look harder.

Lurk moar @ gamefaqs to find me and neil prz

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXVI

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXVI

We will be hosting our twenty-sixth bi-weekly smash session on Sunday, November 18th, 2007.
"Arg, Sorry mang But I am gettin operated on December and won't be able to play smash for some time........ Well I can beat you all with one hand anyways. HOLLA!"
FlowinWater, I need to know something (all of) FL!, 2005

For review:

Entry Fee: $5.00

Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2007

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 403-869-3971

We hope to have everyone here for about 1:00 in the afternoon which should give us enough of a morning to prepare for the arrivals. As it is in my nature to be a hospitable host, I will do my best to ensure that no smasher goes dehydrated, however thanks to continued contributions to the Pro Impact Treasury, most of the gratitude for the refreshments is owed back to the players. Additionally, we typically have a variety of deliciously hedonistic snack foods available for all those who attend, too!

The $5.00 entry fee you pay to enter the tournament grants you both passage into our house for a day as well as a position in the double elimination bracket for SSBM Singles; the Doubles tournament is free and tends to be less competitive anyway. If there's a big enough spread of players from North Calgary and South Calgary, we might even have a crew battle. The winner of the Singles tournament takes home half the pot comprised of all the entry fees and the other half goes towards the aforementioned Pro Impact Treasury, the fund that keeps ProImpact.ca and the bi-weeklies themselves financially afloat.

The entry fee is purposefully kept quite low and with a 16-player tournament, the winning pot is still only $40.00, which is hopefully enough to keep it competitive while still maintaining a casual and friendly environment. It is important that the tournament is accessible by everyone and that the cost is low enough that a brand new player won't be discouraged from coming based on the pretense that they have to win.

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether or not you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around as well, just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home. So, if you would like to attend, please post here!

There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space. The player cap can stretch a little bit in either direction to best accomodate each tournament if necessary.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!

CONFIRMED
  • RJM - (Randall) N
  • =] - (Levi) S
  • HylianHero - (Chris) N
  • Kithkin - (Brad) S
  • Liz - (Liz) S
  • JAPMAN - (Sho) N
UNCONFIRMED
  • M - (Allan) S
  • Neat - (Riley) S
  • Nitrocidal - (Alex) S
  • Azure49 - (Rodney) N
  • BackItch - (Chad) N
  • DJT - (Jeremy) N
  • ICYU - (Taylor) N
  • Koda - (Kevin) N
  • Leckturn (Jon) N
  • MICH - (Mitch) N
  • PKT - (Preston) N
  • Proton Jon - (Jon) N
  • RowdyRego - (Chris) N
  • Valdemar - (Dean) N
  • XeroGravity - (Sean) SK
CCSC ROSTER
=] | ~.~? |BackItch | Bizzareo | BlueBlueGlassMoon | BlueInfusion | Buddyvishnu | Cappin' Wings | Casanoooova | Depressed_Brian | DJT | dreadheaddude | FalseFalco | FastFox | Fox Machine | Head Of Medical Operations | HylianHero | I T I | Jiangshadow | JAPMAN | JIN | K Lover | Kithkin | Koda | LeeSharpe | LemonLau | Lord Efrem | M | MagnuM | MAIN Attraction | MICH | MikeMonkey | mikeymoo | Neat | Newman | Nitrocidal | No Limitz | pibbers | PKT | Punky | QAZ | quickysilver | R.L.Prodigy | RJM | Seyasha | SHWN | Steve | Swipes | The Brown Thunder | The Prized Pig | Tyson | Valdemar | Venom Dream | Victra | XeroGravity | xlonesoulx | xpiritflare | Zeh Chopper

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Epic FlowinWater quote =], I'm there

The south looks really empty now =[.

Brad and Liz are going to the next one, but they won't be posting that becuase brad's in Florida untill that day at 2:00 AM

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
But south has you, Brad and Allan so it sorta evens out. No offence to Riley and Alex.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Allan never plays, Riley doesn't play often either, we also have John, but he doesn't play either.

The south is pretty much Alex, Brad, and I.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I doubt we'll have any other one anytime soon, considering the south is dead, and Gary is in BC

Unless it was a REAL crew battle and we started making real crews like Randall did waaaay back when, lol

HylianHero3

Smash Rookie
Randall i will be there, this one might get pretty full or at least have a decent turnout by the sound of things.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Heh, Stevo, yeah I remember that. It was too bad we couldn't meet up. I think it had to do largely with me missing my PMs, since I didn't log into the boards for like a year at one point. By all accounts you're way better than me now, so maybe it's a good thing we can't play now. ;) I was surprised just to find ANY Calgary smashers around, let alone anyone who was going to be able to give me a good match.

I'm from the south too, don't forget. But I'm only ever really present in spirit, it seems.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Host Post

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Pro Impact Players Forced Out of Home to Strengthen Calgary Housing Market
But for smashers in town, a bright future sits on the horizon...

CALGARY -- Popular bi-weekly Super Smash Bros. Melee tournaments may have to be cancelled in light of recent news from property owner Trent Praski. His six-unit, low-wealth housing complex in Huntington Hills is currently undergoing major renovations as a part of a larger community revitalization plot for the piece of land upon which it sits.

The site is home to Calgary's Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash, the cornerstone of the local competitive smash community, and additionally serves as shelter for the Pro Impact Players: RJM, JIN & MICH. Three other tenants in the apartment complex have already vacated the premises and the Players themselves are expected to be out by January 1st of 2008.

"We were initially given a ballpark release date of 'sometime in February,' but that seems to be changing all the time," explains tournament director RJM. "When the date was pushed forward to the end of the year, our plans changed and suddenly the pressure to find a new place to live in less than two months time took over." Early in the week, RJM and MICH scouted out new locations.

"We arranged a deal with another landlord to rent out a newer, larger duplex location in Montgomery," says RJM. "This will be welcome news for smashers like JAPMAN, Koda and, to a lesser extent, the crowd from the south. Although, since the location is about as far west as our last one was north...we may never see John at a bi-weekly ever again!"

Pending a lease agreement disaster, or the unlikely event that their rental applications get rejected, the Pro Impact Players will in fact be moving into their new locale by December 1st, and not January as expected.

On the sudden change of moving date, MICH says, "I'd rather just get it out of the way now and not have to worry about it."

"By securing a new location for December instead of January," explains RJM, "it allows us the security of not having to scramble to find a place at the last minute. The vast majority of rental properties available are looking for either immediate occupancy or occupancy for the first day of the next month. January 1st is neither of those and by agreeing to move in for December, we are much less likely to 'lose' that chance to another renter who has the means to move in before the new year." As it stands, all three Pro Impact Players intend to move in, just a few weeks down the road. JIN could not be reached for comment.

Smashers in town will have the opportunity to compete in the original location one last time this coming Sunday during Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXVI. When questioned about the future of competitive smash, RJM says, "The bi-weeklies will be back and better than ever; for now, we're just not sure when."

The Calgary bi-weeklies have been running on a more or less regular basis since October 22nd, 2006.

TO RECAP:
  • Yes. this upcoming Sunday, November 18th, 2007 will be the LAST bi-weekly at our current location!
  • No, we will not even be living there two weeks later.
  • Yes, the bi-weeklies will be back.
  • No, they will not be back exactly two weeks later.
  • Yes, continue to watch this thread for further updates!
ANY QUESTIONS?

It's press conference time!

DJT88

Smash Cadet
OMG if this is the last bi-weekly for a while I have to confirm myself and my brother right now. I'll make this one no matter what! I don't know where montgomery is but I'll be sure to find out before the bi-weeklies come back. Best of luck with the moving and everything guys. See you sunday.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
lol Chad owns, I'm pretty sure he won the first biweekly, Randall, Chad, Brad, and I are the Calgary Elite I think >_>, Mitchell might've been there too.

Anyways; best of luck Randall. I think We should plan for a Crew Battle near melee's end considering Gary, and Jeremy will be out of school for christmas, I assume John has booked some time off, and as always, I'm hardly busy =P

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
At ame, we should have Calgary's Elite versus Red Deer's Elite aka me and Sean i guess.

lol Desh.

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Leave it to Randall to make moving away sound cool

Good luck on the last bi-weekly at your current location and good luck with the move.

Hey Jer, how's it goin?

Top Bottom