• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Stevo

Smash Champion
Randall is my only friend on Yoshi Story.

and only on the right side of the stage.... he's mean and usually just taunts me on the left side, pretending that he might save me.

Have you ever tried to up-b with Ness on Yoshi story? Yeah, those shy guys are MEAN.....
Poor little ness.... never catches a break....

Edit: Luigi too! Im sure Randall knows of the shy guys cruelty....

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Remember, It's The Time changomatic3 wtheingyw,s chzanage ur cslicweockse sswo4drg you geyt the righte yhtiem

H****it sho stop it

It's Daylight savings so change your clocks.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXV - RESULTS

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXV
JAPANESE EDITION
RESULTS
SINGLES

1: =] ($20.00)
2: Koda
3: Nitrocidal
4: RJM
5: HylianHero
5: Azure49
6: JAPMAN
6: Proton Jon

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
Sorry i couldnt make it, my mom was hassling me all day, plus i had a soccer game
maybe next bi-weekly though.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
brad couldn't out annoy kevin; PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU PIKACHUUUUU

Ermine

Smash Ace
This wouldn't have happened if they had just made Pikachu High/Top Tier... I'm against throwing my Pikachu at Marth/Falco/Shiek/Fox just to be murdered by their over poweredness X_X...

Edit: And in some matches... I bet I used it more than Levi said...

Another Edit: It would have been awesome if Pikachu sounded different in the *** Version ^_^.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I know exactly what you mean, i wanted to go all marth, but then i realized how stylish my shiek is >_>

oh and kevin, i'm pretty sure i'm the only top tier player who went anyways, no johnz

Proton Jon

Smash Rookie
1: =] ($20.00)
2: Koda
3: Nitrocidal
4: RJM
5: HylianHero
5: Azure49
6: JAPMAN
6: Proton Jon

[/FONT][/COLOR]
Awesome, I finally got to live out my lifelong dream of placing last in a tournament. I'm number last! I'm number last!

Seriously though, what in everyone's opinion is the best way for me to improve, because I think working on trying to get better on my own made me play worse this Biweekly. You've all had to start from rookies before so hopefully some of you have some advice I can use?

kithkin

Smash Champion
I wouldnt know, I still suck.

Ask alex, from the first bi-weeklie he came to, to now hes gotten a ton better.

But I'd say playing against others makes you better.

Computers =/= better in my opinion.

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Awesome, I finally got to live out my lifelong dream of placing last in a tournament. I'm number last! I'm number last!

Seriously though, what in everyone's opinion is the best way for me to improve, because I think working on trying to get better on my own made me play worse this Biweekly. You've all had to start from rookies before so hopefully some of you have some advice I can use?
Hi I'm Jeremy I haven't met you yet, but for me, finding someone to play with really helps especially if they're better than you (cough)Gary(cough). I also have my brother to play with and this helps a lot. But if you can't find a person to play with consistently just keep coming to the bi-weeklies. After getting your *** handed to you multiple times you'll get better, at least that's how I got better. Oh and watch videos too, they also help develop your game. Hope to play you soon, next bi-weekly maybe:)?

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615

A good start to improvement is to continue placing last. :cool: You learn more in defeat than you ever could in victory; for instance, the fireball spam that killed Alex on Mushroom Kingdom II should probably not be taken as an effective advanced tactic in competitive play just because it yielded a victory, but you probably already know that.

Because we live in such an efficient world of mass electronic media, the videos of existing Mario play are another great place to look. Watch them with a keen eye and note how his various throws/attacks connect to one another and try and memorize some effective but simple 2 or 3 hit combos. It's important to acknowledge the opponent that Mario is up against as well and how the variations in character weight affect those combos.

For example, just knowing instinctually how to d-throw to up-tilt on heavier characters like the Foxs and Falcos can lead to a lot of excellent aerial Mario juggles and seeing those two initial starters connect will naturally teach you the tech-chasing nature of the game--following your opponent in the air and on the ground, trying to do whatever you can to hit him just one more time while still in his stun animation, tumbling through the air.

Watching other competitive players also offers the benefit of opening your eyes to exactly how far you can stretch the physics of the game and you might be surprised at the kinds of things you can pull off with a little practice.

Here's some useful links:

Stevo

Smash Champion
Watch old ken videos....like from 2004 and such. (example: game over tourney)

because the game speed isnt quite as fast so you can see better whats going on. (plus in the vids its not just FAHX, FAHX, FAHX, FAHX, FALCO, FAHX, FAHX, SHIEK like it is nowadays)

especially if you want to play marth. If not marth, at least you'll learn what marth can do against you, cause he hasnt changed much XD.

second, try to emulate some mindgames (such as the ones from the ken vids) against a player who is slightly worse then you (this will give you the chance to concentrate on tricking them heheh) best to practice with a fast character here.

third, forget rolling and shield grabbing etc. Work on spacing against an opponant just slightly better then you. Characters such as Ganondorf, Marth, Zelda, or any slower character work best for this. (I probably learned with Ganon/DK/Zelda myself)

start with that I guess and you should be much better.

and remember, smash isnt about dealing damage, or not taking damage. All that matters is you take away their stock before yours depletes. simple. if choice is 100% chance to laser spam/ or 50% chance to shine spike.... go for the spike.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Just play other players constantly, the worse you lose, the chances are its better for you.

And i have to stop losing, no offense to anyone, but i need to stop losing to the newbies in the community.
NOTE: Don't post if you don't know the difference between noobs and newbs. Noob= arrogant losers who things they're the ****. Newb= someone who is new.

I'm sure I'm there in terms technical gameplay, but I'm not mentally. I just mindlessly do things for the most part and I don't try to play mindgames or anticipate anything. =\

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I placed last at my first biweekly, it didn't let me down, k? :D!!!

Jon if you really want me to play mario again, just ask me before hand =]

HylianHero3

Smash Rookie
yes i have to practice getting use to a few things myself i am also trying to get better after the humiliation i suffered against carl in a-thon 2007, thanks levi for that friendly match i was looking for a chance to plly you, tho i was very tired that day i would like to play some more friendly matches against you, i can learn things, i have learned new things from all the pro impact players, i was kinda hoping to see backitch at the bi-weekly as i hear he plays a competitve, if not annoying peach. ON a side note i would like to say thank god there is no more no music for upcoming bi-weeklies i can' take *pikachu* in place of the music for the whole **** day.

HylianHero3

Smash Rookie
WooICYU you did fight me already you know that right, i was your first match in the first bi-weekly you attended.

Top Bottom