• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

kithkin

Smash Champion
I wasnt even planning to play Brawl competitive, I said from he start, it'll be terrible competetive, but I'll still play it rec.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Heh, and today proves my point.

I told you she was in, you all said probably not.

BUT I TOLD YOU.

NOW YOU WILL BE SLAM DUNKED!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Blech. I believe it's a mistake. I'll eat as many "I told you so"s as I can, but that won't change the fact that I think it is wrong to include Sheik in Brawl. Wrong.

The biggest mistake they've made since they let Camelot go nuts on the Waluigi project.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i agree with randal. i thought id never ever have to play another shiek in my life. but i was wrong. the whole world is going to hell. they might as well through marth in now so i can get rapid combo'd by fairs

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I just hope they nerf Shiek enough so that she plays like she should.

Zelda and Shiek should COMPLIMENT each other. The idea should be to have Zelda with powerful throws and Smashs with excellent recovery, while Shiek would have weaker attacks that could combo very effectively but have very weak recovery.

Rack up some damage with Shiek and switch to Zelda when you're going for the kill or when you're in danger yourself.

In my opinion, Shiek should have NO move that's capable of a KO, even when your opponent is at 200%. We're talking weaker than YoungLink without a d-smash or d-air. Her recovery should be lamer than a lonely Ice Climber.

Make people use the other half of that character.

kithkin

Smash Champion
srsly.

Dude, I dont even like sheik. But hey, brawls different guys.

You're whining about how good a character is, when they erleased Pikmin, like ajust not long ago

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I just hope they nerf Shiek enough so that she plays like she should.

Zelda and Shiek should COMPLIMENT each other. The idea should be to have Zelda with powerful throws and Smashs with excellent recovery, while Shiek would have weaker attacks that could combo very effectively but have very weak recovery.

Rack up some damage with Shiek and switch to Zelda when you're going for the kill or when you're in danger yourself.

In my opinion, Shiek should have NO move that's capable of a KO, even when your opponent is at 200%. We're talking weaker than YoungLink without a d-smash or d-air. Her recovery should be lamer than a lonely Ice Climber.

Make people use the other half of that character.
Chad is right, and it's not just my bias against Sheik. You guys are confusing this "whining" with an appreciation for the core of what Nintendo games are about and the very strange decision to toss in a character that hasn't had a major role in ten...well, ever! She's a lifeless, androgynous half-character from the past that appears as a two-paragraph blurb in Princess Zelda's Wikipedia article. The total domination of Sheik over Zelda in Melee really pisses all over her status as a Nintendo All-Star and I'd like to hope it won't happen again.

But it's going to, because Sheik will inevitably be faster, combo better and just generally have a whole chunk of Sheik fans coming back to breathe life into something that should be put to rest. Chad's got the right idea with nerfing the hell out of her, but I have a hard time believing they would pull a....ahem...."Kirbycide" on Sheik after what happened to the poor puffball from 64 to Melee.

I haven't expressed a lot of my recent distaste with some of these DOJO updates because I've always been a pretty diligent supporter of Brawl's final product being well-polished. Although, I haven't said much about it since reading: "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar."

Up until now?? You're turfing Ness? The hero of the Earthbound series?? For "Lucas" from the Japan-only Mother 3?? Who has exactly the same freaking moves?? Who the hell is Lucas?

There's some problems and since getting hit with the double-whammy on both giving us a Sheik update, coupled with a very underhanded slip-it-under-the-rug style delay until March 9th, I no longer believe it will be the game I imagined it to be. Still probably the greatest game ever made, but in some ways, my expectations have already been tainted.

On a related note, this is how a real Sheik player does it. (Mind you, the division between single-player and multi-player professional play makes a lot of you smashers really prudish about videos like that being used as examples of how the game should be played.)

Stevo

Smash Champion
I think they actually need to FIX Zelda more than they need to nerf sheik.

its not like sheik wins tourneys in melee.....

Also, Marth is pretty original and cool and should not be taken out. PAL version of melee had the right idea, just make him even More of a light weight. and weaken his up tilt so it doesnt kill lol. Oh and tippers should NOT happen above him.... only in front of him. This avoids the whole Platform WHoring

Fix'd

Edit:
Lucas>Ness

jus sayin....

kithkin

Smash Champion
I dont know Randall, I'm sorry, I've been confused.

I promise my spam will be more efficient.

But I agree, we gonna hold a BRAWL BEGINS event?

I would love to try that out with the fresh skills and ideas that we could share around the table, Maybe for once I'll know more than somebody at something.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
I dont know Randall, I'm sorry, I've been confused.

I would love to try that out with the fresh skills and ideas that we could share around the table, Maybe for once I'll know more than somebody at something.
rofl right when brad said that, i remembered him saying "watch this" *does a wave dash* "cool eh"

kithkin

Smash Champion
BAHAHAHA

yeah, I should really get good at Melee before I say anything.

But hey, I'm getting alright with Falcon, I think hes a worthy contender.

Its about as good as sho's but I'd say his is slightly better, but mine wins more often, If that helps you rate it at all.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Oh hey Levi, I think we may have the 14-18th off of febuary, but it may be complicated.

This is the wrong thread to mention, but its worth stating, it makes a difference.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
lol I didnt know where to put this up and since Kithkin was the last post. LOL Kith @ your AME interview XDDD. Randall is pretty amazing and stuff.

That is all.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
HELLO CALGARY

In case you haven't heard:

Theres a multi fighting game tournament in Edmonton on February 16th and 17th, and I'm running the Smash side of things. I want to see as many Calgary faces as possible, so I'm pretty much whoring myself out ^_^

For a limited time you can stay at THE Carl "Lombardi" Trautman residence, and have an experience like no other!

Get back to me in this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134486

Levi5

Smash Ace
oh, sorry randall. i haven't been on slowboards much since it's been brawl'd and all. there was smash, but it was just sho and i. and it was only for a couple hours cus he had other plans.

Top Bottom