• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Levi5

Smash Ace
not much, you?
edit:My last exam is on the 24th so maybe the 25th? it's a friday
editedit: HI SHO
editeditedit: Nothing went down as far as i know, Randall

Levi5

Smash Ace
he's lying. We already established we were quitting for competative mario party 3, not Guilty Gear

Levi5

Smash Ace
More like mario party 3, that game is so fun.

Alex and I have money matches in them regularly. We were gonna record our last one but it was 1 hour+ so it'd take forever to digitalize it

kithkin

Smash Champion
More like Battletoads.

Anyways, Levi you gonna hold something for your birthday then?

oh sho, is ggxx the one for wii? I want to get it.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Careful... GGXX and GG Accent Core are different games. Accent Core is the one you bought, I'm guessing. A lot of the people at the University arcade are huge into GG (and they have GGAC there now), so if you want info on that, there's a good place!

You should play competitive 3rd Strike, though. :) It's a better game!

GGAC for Wii is... okay if you play with a classic controller, but there's no real arcade stick solution for the Wii yet. You can still do okay with a CC, but really... 2D fighters need a stick.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Strong words.

I prefer GG to street fighter generally, just for fun.

I mean 0 to death combos with that blade arm theif guy are fun.

edit: in the DS one it was too easy to do.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Heh, the DS version of GG wasn't really a canonical entry in the Guilty Gear series. It was more of a "minigame" version with the fighting mechanics trivialized for some reason.

The 0 to death combos can be kind of cool, but they're hard to execute, and GGAC, in my opinion, has a lot of BS characters (*cough*ABA). :) It's still an entertaining fighter to watch/play, though. You can do a lot of buffering in GG... a lot more than 3rd Strike, which requires more precision and, in general, just feels "tighter". Buffering just means you can enter a lot of commands back-to-back and the combo kind of performs itself when the game decides the timing is right. There is buffering in 3rd Strike, but not nearly to this extent.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Jump Ultimate Stars will never be released Stateside. Import it if you really want it.

Be warned, though, it contains a ton of Japanese text... there are translation guides on GameFAQs, but without them, you won't be able to play the game.

It's fun if you're into the animes, though. Quite Smash Bros-like.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Yeah I want it really bad.

and who cares about reading, once you've played it through as many times as I will in the first two, you just grab and go.

Ima grip and sip

Top Bottom