• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
It's alright. The lag on SmashBoards makes it a virtually useless community tool lately anyway. I look forward to not having to come check it every day post-Melee. Hopefully they'll get things sorted out by the time Brawl stuff is happening.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'd say it's likely, but that's a decision I'll have to make spontaneously I'm afraid. Those who want a ride also have to be prepared to spontaneously skip town!

These are the conditions of my carpool. Hoo hah!

kithkin

Smash Champion
Hm, not to put you on the spot Randall...

But were you offering a ride still, if at all to the shiro thing?

Because I was considering it, but so far the closest thing to an offer is what you gave and I couldnt interpret as either an offer or just a statement.

Mind clarifying? Cause I could work something out if it was an offer.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
The ride offer is still a spontaneous one, I'm afraid. At this point, you'd still have to be prepared to either go or stay at a moment's notice. :) Sorry for the ambiguity, it's just an interesting time of the month...

kithkin

Smash Champion
One question, WTF is with crawling?

Like hows it go.

also, Keep me posted Randall, I may have one other chance at a ride and I'll let you know.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, haven't really explored crawling yet. Don't know how to perform it, not sure what use it has. Same with jumping off other people's heads.

If I have time this weekend, I might invite a few of you guys over to play Brawl (the ones I know, not everyone in the community), but that depends on a few factors which have to play out over the next day or two.

As I'm sure you've heard, it's very different from Melee, but it's super fun in its own right. Just don't expect your Melee combos to always work (sometimes they do!), and come in expecting a fresh experience, and you'll enjoy yourself.

The soundtrack is simply stunning. The final song count, if you didn't see, is 287, with jaw-dropping remixes of all your favorite songs.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Lol, my combos might actually work cause of ******** stuff.

I'd gladly come over and give it a whirl. I believe levi has smash saturday though, <.< I might have to ditch one of you. (probably levi if theres not a huge rush for brawl at your place)

But yeah, I'd probably pick it up and do the ******** things first off. but Im glad crawling didnt ruin it like I worried (I thought it might be simply holding down at an angle or holding a button)

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Two new videos!

How to play Olimar and Sonic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkSi-i9T7m4

How to play Falcon, Ness, Lucas, Wario: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOdhGaThqYs

Watch them if you're interested how these newcomers play and/or how the older characters have been changed from Melee.

If I'm able to get enough work done (and there's a desire), it's possible I could bring Brawl to Levi's house this Saturday. No guarantees, but it's an option we can look at if people are interested in trying it.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Do you remember when we saw the first Pokemon movie and both cried in unison as Ash was turned to stone but then cheered as the tears of the crying Pokemon brought him back to life and you told me you never wanted to cause pain like that to the small children of the proceeding generations ever again.

that is equal to the pain I am feeling right now due to jealousy

kithkin

Smash Champion
omg you and ricky went and watched pokemon?

Also, I can wait for brawl, just might have to sneak peeks with Ricky.

Hey come on, I'm free lots.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
If you guys would rather play Melee, that's totally fine with me. So don't feel obligated to come and play Brawl.

I should gauge interest, though. Who wants to check it out this weekend in some form or another? I might bring it to Levi's place, but if everyone is just going to be playing Melee then I probably won't bother. Also, it depends on how many people are there... a handful would be best.

kithkin

Smash Champion
>.>

I dont want EVERRYYYONE wanting to play brawl, I'd rather just have maybe 4 people so that turns are more even,

but hey, I'm niether hosting, or owning brawl, so thats just my vote.

I'd definately be interested in brawl.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I just heard about it in this thread. I'm not too keen on coming to play Melee, but I'll bring Brawl if there's enough interest (and not 10 people who want to play, which makes sharing a problem).

I'll let you guys decide if you want me to come. You can discuss it amongst yourselves and let me know by Friday. :) It really doesn't matter to me either way!

kithkin

Smash Champion
If for some absurd reason its decided you dont go to levis, Are you considering hosting?

Also, is anyone besides Randall thinking of attending that shiro thing the 16-17 in edmonton?

Heres looking at you ricky.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I didnt, I mentioned you were hosting something.

edit:

Oh and Randall, I'm not sure of why your ride is spontaneous or whatever, but if it means anything I could probably pay for some gas money and stuff.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't host, simply because I'm way out of the way (transit doesn't get to my house) and I can't provide rides for everyone.

Don't let me change all of your plans, though. If more people are keen on playing Melee at Levi's, then that's fine. It also doesn't sound like Levi wants me there. ;) If the event at Levi's is 90% Melee, 10% Brawl then it's not really worth it to me to come, unfortunately. So it really depends on the desire of people. But like I said, don't let me force plans on anyone... it was only a suggestion.

But personally, I'm done with Melee, so I'll respectfully take a pass if that's the case. :)

Brad: I have no idea what "that shiro thing" is, but if it's Melee-related I'm not too interested I'm afraid.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Actually, on second thought I have heard of that. My 3s friends at the university were telling me about "some tournament" in Edmonton in February, and this is probably it. I'd get ***** at all the games, though. The 3s players in Edmonton are too good... among the best in Canada.

Well, by the end of the day I'll need to know everyone's decision on whether I should come and bring Brawl (and primarily Levi's, since it's his place). Just talk to me on MSN or leave a message here.

Soma88

Smash Rookie
Hey i live in south calgary and am very interested in joining your tourney. What dates will these be held on and at what times?

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I've been doing alot of work in the south, in the Silverado area.
I'm also willing to travel to the ends of the earth to play Brawl, so proximity isn't a huge issue anyways. :p

If you're ever looking for somebody to move Mario around while you demonstrate some moves for a youtube video, give me a call!

ctaylor(atsymbol)homesbyavi(dottydot)com

I'm kinda done with Melee too. I'm time to embrace the new Smash!
Regardless, I may still be able to come over, Levi... if that's still going on. Dosn't seem to clear what's going on.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm waiting for Levi's word. Since you have a car, Chad, you're welcome to drive out to my place to try out some Brawl, if you're up for that kind of commute.

Doesn't look like there's enough interest in Brawl for me to come to Levi's, though. That surprises me, since I imagine everyone would be dying to play it, but I guess not! But like I said, that's fine. I suppose I'll deconfirm coming as of now, unless someone tells me otherwise.

Chad, just talk to me on MSN if you're interested in some Brawl on Saturday or something.

Top Bottom