• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

kithkin

Smash Champion
OMG YES

also, a crew battle... isnt a bad idea? do we have the right crowd for it?

edit: I want teams more though cause I really wanna try the new not so secret amazing team.

Proton Jon

Smash Rookie

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXIIII

We will be hosting our twenty-fourth bi-weekly smash session on Sunday, October 21st, 2007.

I'm new to the forums but HylianHero (Chris) brought to my attention the whole bi-weekly event so I'd like to check it out if possible. Hope you don't mind another new guy showing up to the event, if that's alright.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
"u dont kno meeee!!"

no offence Randall. Levi made it.
Oh, not a problem Victor; Levi just doesn't understand.

I'm new to the forums but HylianHero (Chris) brought to my attention the whole bi-weekly event so I'd like to check it out if possible. Hope you don't mind another new guy showing up to the event, if that's alright.
Absolutely, come on down, the more the merrier! Do you live over in the NE as well?

Proton Jon

Smash Rookie
Absolutely, come on down, the more the merrier! Do you live over in the NE as well?
Yeah, I live in Harvest Hills, so just on the NE/NW border.

We don't have to bring anything else with us besides the $5 right? You've got all the controllers and all that supplied? Do you use all Wavebirds or wired controllers?

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah my controls sticks take a beating, my R takes a beating, and so on.

But wait, Sho, you have a controller? since when?

edit: Randall I'll ask around, if when I leave theres no cube, I'll bring mine if I can.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I think hes doing it wrong personally.

Cause you could just train to downtown and catch the 301, and it would take like 30 mins.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
301 doesnt run downtown im sure. only 02, which is inconvenient. So train to brentwood, bus 20 to a road, and take 02 up to right beside randalls road.

And I do other things before i go to the bi-weekly thanks.

RowdyRego

Smash Rookie
hello
im new to this tournaments thing and im really interested to participate
all i need is all the info, and when to start :)

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
LMFAO SHOW ME YOUR MOVES
+rep'd

I'll try to host smash this weekend on saturday or somethin' if you think you're coming let me know ahead of time, cus i don't want too many people over, and if Mr.John isn't busy he gets priority

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXIIII - RESULTS

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXIIII
RESULTS

SINGLES

1: =] ($22.50)
2: Kithkin
3: M
4: HylianHero
5: Nitrocidal
6: Proton Jon
7: RJM
8: JAPMAN
9: ICYU

DOUBLES

1: Pro Impact Players (MICH, RJM)
2: The Bulge (=], Kithkin)
3: Northern Alphas (ICYU)

4: The Sailors of Manly Incredibility (Nitrocidal, JAPMAN)

5: You Decide (Hylian Hero, Proton Jon)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXV

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XXV
J A P A N E S E
E D
I T I O N

We will be hosting our twenty-fourth bi-weekly smash session on Sunday, November 4th, 2007.
"Similar differences exist between our fighting game community (being traditional fighters, not Smash) and theirs. In our fighting games (say, Marvel vs. Capcom, Tekken, Street Fighter, etc), your usually allowed to switch characters if you lose. In Japan, you can't, your stuck."
AlphaZealot, SSBM: Stage Banishment and Reasoning, 2007

For review:

Entry Fee: $5.00

Date: Sunday, November 4th, 2007

Time: 1:00 PM

Place: #1, 103 Huntington Prk Grn NW

Contact No.: 403-869-3971

We hope to have everyone here for about 1:00 in the afternoon which should give us enough of a morning to prepare for the arrivals. As it is in my nature to be a hospitable host, I will do my best to ensure that no smasher goes dehydrated, however thanks to continued contributions to the Pro Impact Treasury, most of the gratitude for the refreshments is owed back to the players. Additionally, we typically have a variety of deliciously hedonistic snack foods available for all those who attend, too!

The $5.00 entry fee you pay to enter the tournament grants you both passage into our house for a day as well as a position in the double elimination bracket for SSBM Singles; the Doubles tournament is free and tends to be less competitive anyway. If there's a big enough spread of players from North Calgary and South Calgary, we might even have a crew battle. The winner of the Singles tournament takes home half the pot comprised of all the entry fees and the other half goes towards the aforementioned Pro Impact Treasury, the fund that keeps ProImpact.ca and the bi-weeklies themselves financially afloat.

The entry fee is purposefully kept quite low and with a 16-player tournament, the winning pot is still only $40.00, which is hopefully enough to keep it competitive while still maintaining a casual and friendly environment. It is important that the tournament is accessible by everyone and that the cost is low enough that a brand new player won't be discouraged from coming based on the pretense that they have to win.

The telephone number above rings straight to my cell phone from a Calgary area code and I accept calls 24 hours a day...even from total strangers...so if you find yourself having nightmares at 4 in the morning and waking up in a cold sweat because you're not sure whether or not you can counterpick Rainbow Cruise at the next bi-weekly, have no fear! Just give me a ring and I'll roll haphazardly out of bed to answer your call. Maybe.

We would like to know who is attending before 1:00 actually rolls around as well, just in case we end up trying to seat 35 people who didn't sign up in one 3-bedroom home. So, if you would like to attend, please post here!

There will be a 16 player cap on this event and I will post the names of the confirmed and unconfirmed attendees below. If you find that all of a sudden it's Sunday and the bi-weekly starts in half an hour but you're still on the "unconfirmed" list, don't even worry about it. Unless we already have 16 confirmed players and another 6 on the waiting list before you, I'm sure we can find space. The player cap can stretch a little bit in either direction to best accomodate each tournament if necessary.

If there's nothing else, we'll see you all when you get here!
EXTRA SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT THIS TOURNAMENT
....with sugar on top!

Since 1948, the Japanese have celebrated this day as Culture Day (or as I prefer to call it "Emperor Meiji's B-Day") and in honour of that, we're slightly modifying the rules!!

Don't worry, this isn't a permanent change and we're not going to change to the FULL Japanese ruleset since I don't know if anyone even knows it.

However! There are two--count'em TWO--rule changes to keep in mind:

• You may only choose these TWO stages:
    • Dream Land (N64)
    • Final Destination
  • You may not change characters during a set.
I know it's gonna be reeeeaaally hard for some of you to pretend to be Japanese for a day (well, except maybe Sho), but I have faith that you're all confident enough to brave the foreign ruleset!

Also: These rules will ONLY apply to the SINGLES bracket.

If we have enough players to hold a crew battle, regular crew battle rules will apply.

CONFIRMED
  • RJM - (Randall) N
  • =] - (Levi) S
  • Proton Jon - (Jon) N
  • HylianHero - (Chris) N
  • Azura - (Rodney) N
  • BackItch - (Chad) N
UNCONFIRMED
  • RowdyRego - (Chris) N
  • M - (Allan) S
  • Kithkin - (Brad) S
  • DJT - (Jeremy) N
  • ICYU - (Taylor) N
  • Koda - (Kevin) N
  • PKT - (Preston) N
  • Neat - (Riley) S
  • Nitrocidal - (Alex) S
  • JAPMAN - (Sho) N
  • JIN - (Chris) N
  • Valdemar - (Dean) N
  • MICH - (Mitch) N
  • Leckturn (Jon) N
CCSC ROSTER
=] | ~.~? |BackItch | Bizzareo | BlueBlueGlassMoon | BlueInfusion | Buddyvishnu | Cappin' Wings | Casanoooova | Depressed_Brian | DJT | dreadheaddude | FalseFalco | FastFox | Fox Machine | Head Of Medical Operations | HylianHero | I T I | Jiangshadow | JAPMAN | JIN | K Lover | Kithkin | Koda | LeeSharpe | LemonLau | Lord Efrem | M | MagnuM | MAIN Attraction | MICH | MikeMonkey | mikeymoo | Neat | Newman | Nitrocidal | No Limitz | pibbers | PKT | Punky | QAZ | quickysilver | R.L.Prodigy | RJM | Seyasha | SHWN | Steve | Swipes | The Brown Thunder | The Prized Pig | Tyson | Valdemar | Venom Dream | Victra | xlonesoulx | xpiritflare | Zeh Chopper

Top Bottom