• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Daisy for SSBB

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
fluffy said:
maybe...theyll like, do a "skin-color toner" option so u can make characters as tan as u want them to be.

yea..
yeah, can't wait for that awesome option. :D

xianfeng said:
not really she has become so much more original over the years that she has been in the mario sport games but i see you head is too far up your arse to see that ;)

omfg oops never realized a character's originality is based upon how many sports games they've been in the past years.

****, never looked at it that way.
you're right... daisy is a whole different character now. :O
GO MARIO STRIKERZZZ.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Antioch said:
omfg oops never realized a character's originality is based upon how many sports games they've been in the past years.

****, never looked at it that way.
you're right... daisy is a whole different character now. :O
GO MARIO STRIKERZZZ.
despite the sarcasm I'm glad you can see her new found originality

Ember Joe

Smash Cadet
I dont want daisy simply because she:
1. Has done nothing significant. The only reason for her appearance in sports and party games is that Tennis and DD needed partners for characters, leaving Peach needing a similar character to be her partner. (Much like Toad - Toadette). She has since been adopted to all other sports/party titles since Nintendo seem to like keeping the characters present in these games the same across the board. She has never been involved in a game that shows her with unique ABILITIES.
2. There are many better characters who could be included from the Mario lineup alone, such as Bowser Jr. and Birdo (both of whom would have unique abilities)
3. She would still look too similar to Peach (colour swap with a different hairstyle and slight tan is not unique)

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng said:
she would make a great addition I have now made 3 B movesets for her a desert one, a sport one and a flower one lol

the flower one would be better

xianfeng

Smash Hero
dont want daisy simply because she:
1. Has done nothing significant. The only reason for her appearance in sports and party games is that Tennis and DD needed partners for characters, leaving Peach needing a similar character to be her partner. (Much like Toad - Toadette). She has since been adopted to all other sports/party titles since Nintendo seem to like keeping the characters present in these games the same across the board. She has never been involved in a game that shows her with unique ABILITIES.
2. There are many better characters who could be included from the Mario lineup alone, such as Bowser Jr. and Birdo (both of whom would have unique abilities)
3. She would still look too similar to Peach (colour swap with a different hairstyle and slight tan is not unique)
Bowser Jr / Shadow mario combination would be good but Birdo? She?'s just a pink ******** version of yoshi (not yoshi species but yoshi character) who spits things from her? mouth. Daisy however is the ruler of the MK's sister land Sarasaland, when did captain falcon show of his abilities prior to SSB never! he was a racer in a car type thing he had no abilities! The Green Missle move when did Luigi use that in a game never! Nintendo can make up moves if they want they have done it before and will do it again for Daisy!

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
i am not a big fan of Daisy. i prefer peach but that's beside the point. anyway Dasiy would not be a clone of peach whatsoever. she used to look exactly like Peach with a few minor changes but now she looks completely different from peach. they could easily give her a moveset just as how they did with capt falcon and a couple others. sure she hasnt done anything to warrant herself of being in the game but what did pichu do to get in there?? nothing. but be a baby pikachu. she's a tomboy so they could easily give her punches as opposed to slaps.melee attacks and kicks. they'd make her a brawler. who's to say that she will get her standard dress anyway. she might get something else. i doubt wario will be the only mario character in there. and even Wario isnt representing the mario franchise. he is representing the wario ware games. look at his outfit. they added some mario characters in melee. bowser peach doc. so they will have to add some more. Daisy waluigi bowser jr?? nintendo always seem to make things work somehow. so if im right those 3 will make it in somehow.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
tstumo said:
i am not a big fan of Daisy. i prefer peach but that's beside the point. anyway Dasiy would not be a clone of peach whatsoever. she used to look exactly like Peach with a few minor changes but now she looks completely different from peach. they could easily give her a moveset just as how they did with capt falcon and a couple others. sure she hasnt done anything to warrant herself of being in the game but what did pichu do to get in there?? nothing. but be a baby pikachu. she's a tomboy so they could easily give her punches as opposed to slaps.melee attacks and kicks. they'd make her a brawler. who's to say that she will get her standard dress anyway. she might get something else. i doubt wario will be the only mario character in there. and even Wario isnt representing the mario franchise. he is representing the wario ware games. look at his outfit. they added some mario characters in melee. bowser peach doc. so they will have to add some more. Daisy waluigi bowser jr?? nintendo always seem to make things work somehow. so if im right those 3 will make it in somehow.
hope so, one of the main reasons I want Daisy in is because we need more female characters and I hope that she wears her strikers outfit ^_^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I dunno about Daisy, first I wanna know if Waluigi is in SSBB if so Daisy can be in the game to for me.
But Daisy really doesn't has much to add... she's basically like Dr Mario just a addition because the real character needs a clone. She's from Sarcassaland or so huh? So why the hell is she always in the Mushroom Kingdom? O_O; And if Nintendo thinks they are lacking Mario characters they could considder this:

1: Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario WITH THAT STAFF! HAHA!
2: Toad. (Care he's just Toad, he's been around longer been in SMW2 and has fans)
3: Geno or Mallow or just both
4: Waluigi...

I ALMOST added Dry Bones and Birdo there but no... Daisy is still a nice costume for Peach. :p

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Diddy Kong said:
I dunno about Daisy, first I wanna know if Waluigi is in SSBB if so Daisy can be in the game to for me.
But Daisy really doesn't has much to add... she's basically like Dr Mario just a addition because the real character needs a clone. She's from Sarcassaland or so huh? So why the hell is she always in the Mushroom Kingdom? O_O; And if Nintendo thinks they are lacking Mario characters they could considder this:

1: Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario WITH THAT STAFF! HAHA!
2: Toad. (Care he's just Toad, he's been around longer been in SMW2 and has fans)
3: Geno or Mallow or just both
4: Waluigi...

I ALMOST added Dry Bones and Birdo there but no... Daisy is still a nice costume for Peach. :p
Daisy is more liked than Waluigi and has been around longer so Daisy > Waluigi.

Daisy is a diplomat she could be over in the mushroom kingdom discussing the trade markets and etc. but also has time to play a game or two of different sports

And I agree with the first 3 but Daisy has way WAY higher prefrence than Waluigi. Daisy has fans too ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why I think Waluigi> Daisy is because of the pair Wario and Waluigi. I kinda like them togheter. Also Waluigi and Wario are Camelot's favorites I think since they stared the Mario Power Tennis intro. And... Waluigi has way other physics then Wario so shouldn't end up as a clone atleast.

Daisy just has the same physics as Peach and thus could end up more being a clone then Waluigi. And Peach is way too original for having a clone, it would be almost the same as having a clone for Mewtwo, it just doesn't match.

fluffy

Smash Champion
xianfeng said:
hope so, one of the main reasons I want Daisy in is because we need more female characters and I hope that she wears her strikers outfit ^_^
man im having dirty thoughts looking at her.

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
so your telling me people who look the same can't be different, thats very messed up.. seriously..

Like I said before, nintendo has a creative mind they'll think of something for her if she in it.

If you guys don't like the character I can respect that... Who knows she may not be in(I really hope she do make it). I'm not saying she be ahead of any other greater character but if theres any room left, put her in! :chuckle:

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Wait now that I look, the big 8 in mario sport/party games are Mario,Luigi,Wario,Waluigi,Peach,Yoshi,DK,and Daisy(that are playable) ever realize all them are in smash bros except Waluigi and Daisy, now that I see this I can see them being in now

D.A.

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng said:
Princess Daisy of Sarasaland has been around for a long time and has a substatial fanbase she could get Peach's melee moveset except flower and desert based (I am asuming that Peach will get moves from Super Princess Peach) This would be a great oppurtinaty to add another much needed female character and show off her new found uniqness and a chance to give us red nuts a good name and a chance for her to work of her pot belly ;)
I've always supported Daisy being in as a clone of Peach. I would rather have her than Toad.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Well, I will admit that Daisy has been in a few games recently. But like I said earlier, they are games where the purpose of having different characters were more a change of scenery than developing the characters themselves. I have yet to see a game where Daisy concretely differentiates herself from being Peach with a different look. She's more tomboyish? Why? Because it says so on her SSBM trophy? Have her beat the living daylights out of Bowser when he tries to kidnap her, THEN you can tell me she's more tomboyish than Peach.
Been around longer than Wario? Sure, but let's look at quality, not quantity. After all, Goombas have been around about twenty years now, and the biggest change they ever got were wings. Wario went from being an uninteresting, evil Mario, to having his own games, his own distinct moveset, personality, and even genre in the form of WarioWare. The only ties he's had to Mario since Mario Land 2 are his similar costume and inclusion in the Mario sports games.
Daisy has yet to play a significant supporting role in any game. Supporting roles? Yes, you've cited many examples. SIGNIFICANT supporting roles? No, in every game she's been in, her role could have been filled by a common household plant, or at the very least Peach.
Don't get me wrong, I'd say Daisy's got potential to be a great character, and I'd love to see Nintendo develop the whole Luigi/Daisy thing, but the truth is she isn't there yet. She needs some development in the Mario universe before you can justify bringing her into the Super Smash Bros. universe, because Smash is supposed to take only the best from each game, not every little cliche overused character, otherwise it would be bogged down by all the useless uninteresting, unnecessary, and pointless crap from every Nintendo game they choose to pull from.

Here is the plain fact of the matter; If it were not for Super Mario Bros 2, there would have been no reason for the inclusion of Peach. Actually, as things stood, I was pretty pissed that they put her in SSBM until I got good at controlling her, because Mario 2 is basically the only game that separates her from being a part of the scenery. And who knows? Perhaps sometime Daisy will get the same shot. Maybe a Super Princess Sisters or something like that. Ew. No, scratch that idea. Point being, as soon as we see Daisy as being more than background scenery, accomplishing something uniquely hers, having some bearing on the plots of the games she is in, heck doing anything more than existing in slightly varied way from Peach, then she might warrent consideration over the hundreds of other background characters. Super Smash 4? Maybe. Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Sorry, for those of you who like her, but no.

Btw, as far as the comments about Pichu, the answer as best I can tell you is that Pichu was included because there were five Mario characters and only three pokemon characters. Pokemon seem to draw in a younger crowd, so Nintendo seems to like to force them down our throats at every instance (nothing against the mainstream Poke games like Red or Gold, as they are good games, but things like Pokemon Pinball?? Come on). As you have likely guessed by my cynical nature, I agree most wholeheartedly that Pichu should not have been included, as he is nothing more than a baby Pikachu. But a baby Pikachu which was very popular within the Pokemon fanbase, none the less...
The short answer? There's no justice in the world.

In any case, if they throw in Daisy I won't boycott the game, but I really don't want her in because then there will be nothing to stem the tide of inevitably minor and insignificant characters which each and every fanboy/fangirl will want included simply because it is his or her favorite. End rant 2.0

Andy

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Exodecai101 said:
Wait now that I look, the big 8 in mario sport/party games are Mario,Luigi,Wario,Waluigi,Peach,Yoshi,DK,and Daisy(that are playable) ever realize all them are in smash bros except Waluigi and Daisy, now that I see this I can see them being in now
exactly they need to finish off the big 8.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Visor for wii
did you guys forget? or maybe you didn't know. nintendo bought visors from a company called eMagin. you guys should really check this out. here's a link to the site http://www.3dvisor.com/

Ever since the appearance of the Nintendo ON video just prior to E3 2005, there has been much speculation regarding the possibility of a visor or external display device to be used in tandem with the Wii controller. Even though Nintendo purchased a number of visors from a company called eMagin, the connection to Wii has been, for the most part, renounced. However, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata did stated in an October interview with Japanese publication Nikkei Business that the Wii would work with any type of monitor, even digital projectors.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
JmcShocker16 said:
Visor for wii
did you guys forget? or maybe you didn't know. nintendo bought visors from a company called eMagin. you guys should really check this out. here's a link to the site http://www.3dvisor.com/

Ever since the appearance of the Nintendo ON video just prior to E3 2005, there has been much speculation regarding the possibility of a visor or external display device to be used in tandem with the Wii controller. Even though Nintendo purchased a number of visors from a company called eMagin, the connection to Wii has been, for the most part, renounced. However, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata did stated in an October interview with Japanese publication Nikkei Business that the Wii would work with any type of monitor, even digital projectors.
can you not do that pointless advertising stuff here and get back to Daisy Discussion or DD

jrricky

Smash Cadet
As far as i know is that nintendo wants more female characters in SSBB so i wouldnt doubt that daisy would be in it no matter what the history of her character. SHE WILL BE IN IT JUST FOR THAT ONE REASON.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
are we sure that nintendo sees them as different people? i always got the impression that they changed the name early in the mario storyline development. are they called different names in japanese?

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Um...tell me if I'm wrong, but I think that Peach already had a Daisy costume in Melee, didn't she? I mean, if Daisy were a seperate character, I think she'd be exactly like Peach in every way, and that = clone, which = bad.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Well...as long as she doesn't get in before Toad and Geno, and she isn't a clone, I'm for it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
xianfeng said:
Daisy is a memorable character and I have some reasons right here

a) she was around before Wario
b) her tomboish attitude from the Sports/Party games
c) her voice from MKDD
d) her famouse trophy glitch in SSBM

If you want her to have "original" moves then we can get some from the sports games and hell nintendo's made up moves for other characters so for daisy to

B - charge up a shot with a golf club
B ^ use a soccer goal net as a parachute
B > trow or kick a soccer ball at nearest opponent to have it return to you
B V Spin around with tennis racket in hand smacking away and doind damage to nearest opponent
Ok im convinced, Daisy in Brawl!

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Goldenmuffin said:
Um...tell me if I'm wrong, but I think that Peach already had a Daisy costume in Melee, didn't she? I mean, if Daisy were a seperate character, I think she'd be exactly like Peach in every way, and that = clone, which = bad.
So? Who cares if Peach had her costume? We don't know if they will all heve there same costumes from melee. If Daisy is added, wouldn't it be likely for them to get rid of Daisy's costume for Peach?

There are so many things that can very her from Peach. She is a different character whi is like a sister to Peach but is different from Peach. Daisy has even been known as a tomboy, something that Peach really isn't known for. As much as costumes, she has the Strikers costume that would do, and a few others that look alot different from Peach.

There are alot of possibilities for Daisy. She has been gaining alot of personality over these pass few years. Even known as Peach's sister in arms, she is a character as well. Just like Wario, Mario, ect.

-SMB

Spitz

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of Daisy in Brawl. Gives us something new. I wound't be supprised if she were to Peach like Mario to Luigi: having different moves that are barely related. I'm also for this with Waluigi to Wario.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
The reason Daisy should stay a palette change is that she looks far too much like Peach, based on height and build. Therefore, if a clone, she would be identical in speed, size, weight and power, as of course she must. There are no defining qualities that separate Daisy from Peach, play-wise.

Giving her abilities from Mario sports games (kick a soccer ball, swing a bat) wouldn't work, because she was mostly a mainstream character in those games, having no real significance.

So, all in all, keep Daisy an alternate palette to Peach, and everyone's happy.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
After seeing all these differences(which are pathetic) I'm not convinced Daisy deserves to be in Brawl. The only difference I've ever noticed between them that I cared about was their butts. Daisy has a firm butt as shown here.

Meanwhile, Peach has a more jiggly butt as we've seen from Mario Power Tennis.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Marshigio said:
After seeing all these differences(which are pathetic) I'm not convinced Daisy deserves to be in Brawl. The only difference I've ever noticed between them that I cared about was their butts. Daisy has a firm butt as shown here.

Meanwhile, Peach has a more jiggly butt as we've seen from Mario Power Tennis.
I failed to realize this before, but Daisy's hot...

But no as far as a SSBB spot; we have enough Mario characters, don't you think?
Same applies to Toad, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Birdo, Petey Piranha, King Boo, etc.
Geno's the exception, maybe also Mallow and Fawful.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Well, Dr. Mario's prabably getting dropped, which leaves 4 characters, 2 more would be good, those spots could be filled with Toad and Geno, but aftre those two, no more until a new smash bros.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lord_Deathborne said:
I failed to realize this before, but Daisy's hot...

But no as far as a SSBB spot; we have enough Mario characters, don't you think?
Same applies to Toad, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Birdo, Petey Piranha, King Boo, etc.
Geno's the exception, maybe also Mallow and Fawful.
4 mario character as Dr Mario will proberly be dropped, wario represents warioware and yoshi represents his series so that's the same ammount of Pokemon and Zelda characters does that mean we shouldn't add in any characters from those franchises too?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
xianfeng said:
4 mario character as Dr Mario will proberly be dropped, wario represents warioware and yoshi represents his series so that's the same ammount of Pokemon and Zelda characters does that mean we shouldn't add in any characters from those franchises too?
Although they have since had their own spin-off series, I still count DK, Yoshi, and Wario as Mario characters. Another Pokemon is unavoidable, and I was only refering to OoT from the Zelda series - I'd love to see someone from the Oracle of Seasons/Time or the Minish Cap. Actually, I'd love to see some rep, atleast in the form of a stage, form A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening (I'd like to have Aganhim playable, but that's not going to happen).

If they're going to include any more strictly Mario characters, I guess Daisy would be my first pick... better than Waluigi, Petey Piranha, or Bowser Jr. atleast...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lord_Deathborne said:
Although they have since had their own spin-off series, I still count DK, Yoshi, and Wario as Mario characters. Another Pokemon is unavoidable, and I was only refering to OoT from the Zelda series - I'd love to see someone from the Oracle of Seasons/Time or the Minish Cap. Actually, I'd love to see some rep, atleast in the form of a stage, form A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening (I'd like to have Aganhim playable, but that's not going to happen).

If they're going to include any more strictly Mario characters, I guess Daisy would be my first pick... better than Waluigi, Petey Piranha, or Bowser Jr. atleast...
when was current DK a Mario character he started off in DK jr as DK jr the first DK game, Cranky Kong was the original DK though but since then Donkey Kong (former DK jr) has appeared in several mario titles which in my theory is mario's way of apolgising for kidnapping his dad.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
xianfeng said:
when was current DK a Mario character he started off in DK jr as DK jr the first DK game, Cranky Kong was the original DK though but since then Donkey Kong (former DK jr) has appeared in several mario titles which in my theory is mario's way of apolgising for kidnapping his dad.
Yeah, it might be more accurate to say that Mario was once a DK character, but same difference - they're both from the same universe.

Edit: I will agree with you that it's about time they give us a decent DK title... I've been waiting since DKC3...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lord_Deathborne said:
Yeah, it might be more accurate to say that Mario was once a DK character, but same difference - they're both from the same universe.

Edit: I will agree with you that it's about time they give us a decent DK title... I've been waiting since DKC3...
DK64 made my list by a bit and set my standard for 3d DK games come on it's not that hard

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Seems like they can't make any decent DK games without rare anymore. Still can't belive they're making another Diddy Kong Racing rather than a good DK game.

Top Bottom