• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Daisy for SSBB

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I didn't like DK64 all that much... It had its moments, but that pretty much marked the beginning of Rare's decline... Come to think of it, I wasn't too big on DKC3 either - nothing can beat the first two DKC games...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Iggy K said:
Seems like they can't make any decent DK games without rare anymore. Still can't belive they're making another Diddy Kong Racing rather than a good DK game.
Diddy Kong racing for the 64 was better than all the donkey kongas, juingle beat and king of swing combined and it made diddy even more of a hero and i think that some of the characters reappearing might be nintendo not rare (i hope so)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Never played Diddy Kong Racing... And yeah, I was wondering how they were going to do the DS remake. It would be very akward to include the likes of Conker and Banjo now Rare's with M$...

Iggy K

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
Diddy Kong racing for the 64 was better than all the donkey kongas, juingle beat and king of swing combined and it made diddy even more of a hero and i think that some of the characters reappearing might be nintendo not rare (i hope so)

It may have been better than those games, but I still don't think it's good, but that is my opinion. My main problem with the new Diddy Kong Racing is that it includes Tiny Kong, I absoulutley hate her.Why are we talking about Dk games in a Daisy thread?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Yes, I would've thought Mario had better taste than Luigi...Then again Peach has a flabby, jiggletastic butt and Mario is a little fat, I guess that's why. Meanwhile, Luigi likes something a little more firm, which is why he's after Daisy.

Still, Daisy shouldn't be in this game, just a trophy of her with her Strikers outfit.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I think daisy should be in but she will most likely not have the pot belly if she is because nintendo will probably put her in a dress and that will no doubt make her look thin.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Mars- said:
I think daisy should be in but she will most likely not have the pot belly if she is because nintendo will probably put her in a dress and that will no doubt make her look thin.
Are you refering to my joke on page 1

Mars-

Smash Champion
xianfeng said:
Are you refering to my joke on page 1
Yup lol. But if you think about it, Daisy is trademarked by her Yellow dress and she isn't fat in that dress say yeah lol. XD

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
I don't care much for whatever costume she wears (though I know everone will win with her Strikers outfit :D), I just wanna see a good moveset that differs somewhat from Peach's. Sports, flower, desert, Luigified, or a mix of the above- Specials, A attacks, aerials, and even the dreaded Super. Either way, I want her in Brawl. She might not have been in much, but who cares?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Shadow Calibur said:
I don't care much for whatever costume she wears (though I know everone will win with her Strikers outfit :D), I just wanna see a good moveset that differs somewhat from Peach's. Sports, flower, desert, Luigified, or a mix of the above- Specials, A attacks, aerials, and even the dreaded Super. Either way, I want her in Brawl. She might not have been in much, but who cares?
Yeah i would love to see that but then she might not be good like peach in ssbm. That would make me sad. :(

Rash

Smash Ace
I actually prefer Daisy over Peach. I'm not sure completely why. I kind of like how Daisy seems a little tougher, more tomboy like. She seems more like she could hold her own, and I really appreciate that. Plus, I generally prefer brunettes to blondes. ;)

The thing is, Daisy should probably just remain as a costume for Peach. Even though I prefer her over Peach, I just think they are too similar to each other, and developing a unique moveset for Daisy would be tough. There's nothing really to base a new moveset on. Hell, even in the Mario sports games are they pretty much the same character, with only little differences in speed, power, etc.

They're both princesses. They both have played similar roles. They are not the same exact person, but are really close as far as their capabilities in the games they are both featured in. I think making up a new moveset for Daisy in SSBB would be too much work that could be put towards better causes.

Besides, if you throw Daisy in there, as major as she isn't in the Mario series, there's too much of an obligation to throw in all of the other minor characters, like Waluigi, Toad, Bowser Jr., Kamek, and anyone else. Since you can't add them all in, why start the problem at all by throwing Daisy in there as her own character?

Keep her as a costume for Peach, or nothing at all. Like I said, I have no problem with her. It would just become a potential hassle if somehow Daisy had to be in the game.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Rash said:
I actually prefer Daisy over Peach. I'm not sure completely why. I kind of like how Daisy seems a little tougher, more tomboy like. She seems more like she could hold her own, and I really appreciate that. Plus, I generally prefer brunettes to blondes. ;)

The thing is, Daisy should probably just remain as a costume for Peach. Even though I prefer her over Peach, I just think they are too similar to each other, and developing a unique moveset for Daisy would be tough. There's nothing really to base a new moveset on. Hell, even in the Mario sports games are they pretty much the same character, with only little differences in speed, power, etc.

They're both princesses. They both have played similar roles. They are not the same exact person, but are really close as far as their capabilities in the games they are both featured in. I think making up a new moveset for Daisy in SSBB would be too much work that could be put towards better causes.

Besides, if you throw Daisy in there, as major as she isn't in the Mario series, there's too much of an obligation to throw in all of the other minor characters, like Waluigi, Toad, Bowser Jr., Kamek, and anyone else. Since you can't add them all in, why start the problem at all by throwing Daisy in there as her own character?

Keep her as a costume for Peach, or nothing at all. Like I said, I have no problem with her. It would just become a potential hassle if somehow Daisy had to be in the game.
That is true however, if they go for the Super Princess Peach move setup as most people seem to think, it will really screw up Daisy. And If they add the teaser of having diasy as a costume change, why not add her anyway. Of corse watch, nintendo will take out peach lol.

PiccoloCube

Smash Rookie
if Zelda can have 2 different movesets and she's just 1 character, then why can't Daisy have her own moveset very different from Peach?

also, things have changed a lot since SSBM. before SSBM, Daisy was in Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Party 3 only. in those games she was a lot like Peach in gameplay. she was lacking back then but she has been expanded and differentiated a lot since then. part of her personality has been shown in the various sport games and her looks have changed a lot.
btw, in mp3, she punches Bowser and sends him flying when he attempts to kidnap her in a cutscene. she could dish some punching ownage definitely.

may i ask what in the F*** have Mallow and Geno done in the Mario franchise to be considered for SSBB? those characters were in just 1 game and they weren't that great anyway. sure Geno had an ohko move but he sucked apart from that and mallow was a wimp. also, SMRPG's style was ditched in favor of Paper Mario and we have 2 PMs now with the 3rd one approaching. even the Mario & Luigi franchise has been expanded more than SMRPG.

even Waluigi hasn't done much to be in Brawl. he has done about the same as Daisy, so if she's in, he's in and viceversa. 2 more sport games are not a big difference. also, Waluigi has never appeared in a WarioWare game and that's the look Wario has in SSBB. wonder if he'll be in SSBB at all.

also, what did Mr. Game & Watch, Pichu, Ice Climbers and Roy do to be in SSBM? the hardcore Pokemon fanbase hates pichu, Roy didn't have a game when SSBM came out, Mr.G&W was a generic shadow in G&W games and the IClimbers were in 1 game 98% of the people forgot over the years. they can't be more popular than Daisy or Waluigi or even the "lame" Bowser jr.

that's my 2 cents. i want to see Daisy in Brawl. she has the attitude and looks to be a unique addition. Nintendo/HAL can come up with movesets the same way they made moves for C. Falcon, Fox/Falco, Luigi, Zelda, Mr. G&W, Jigglypuff and Sheik. no one said that the characters had to have pre-made moves to enter in SSB games.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
PiccoloCubbe said:
may i ask what in the F*** have Mallow and Geno done in the Mario franchise to be considered for SSBB? those characters were in just 1 game and they weren't that great anyway. sure Geno had an ohko move but he sucked apart from that and mallow was a wimp. also, SMRPG's style was ditched in favor of Paper Mario and we have 2 PMs now with the 3rd one approaching. even the Mario & Luigi franchise has been expanded more than SMRPG.
One good move only? I haven't played it in a while, but I think he was the best playable character in the game, besides, SMRPG was one of the best rpg games ever, all Daisy ever did was appear at the end of 1 non-spinoff game, then just played tennis and want to parties.

PiccooloCube said:
even Waluigi hasn't done much to be in Brawl. he has done about the same as Daisy, so if she's in, he's in and viceversa. 2 more sport games are not a big difference. also, Waluigi has never appeared in a WarioWare game and that's the look Wario has in SSBB. wonder if he'll be in SSBB at all.
You're right, Waluigi hasn't done much, which is why he shouldn't be in either, but I don't see logic in one has to be in if the other is.

PiccoloCube said:
also, what did Mr. Game & Watch, Pichu, Ice Climbers and Roy do to be in SSBM? the hardcore Pokemon fanbase hates pichu, Roy didn't have a game when SSBM came out, Mr.G&W was a generic shadow in G&W games and the IClimbers were in 1 game 98% of the people forgot over the years. they can't be more popular than Daisy or Waluigi or even the "lame" Bowser jr.
Mr G&W wasn't a shadow, he was the star of G&W games, he had the G&W gallery franchise, as well has his own system. I don't know where you got that info on Pichu, Pichu was in because he was very popular in Japan, Ice Climbers were there to represent old school nintendo games, Roy was a last minute add to get more characters and to represent his upcoming game.

PiccoloCube said:
that's my 2 cents. i want to see Daisy in Brawl. she has the attitude and looks to be a unique addition. Nintendo/HAL can come up with movesets the same way they made moves for C. Falcon, Fox/Falco, Luigi, Zelda, Mr. G&W, Jigglypuff and Sheik. no one said that the characters had to have pre-made moves to enter in SSB games.

That's true, she could have a uniqe moveset, but for Mario characters, but I beleive that Toad and Geno should be in before Daisy.

PiccoloCube

Smash Rookie
whatever happened with the "SSB is for popular Nintendo characters" saying?

several characters in SSBM are less popular than Daisy.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
SSB isn't just for popular characters, it's more intresting uniqe characters who represent nintendo, it doesn't matter if Daisy is more populat than about 2-3 characters from SSBM, besides, there are more popular Mario characters than Daisy.

PiccoloCube

Smash Rookie
the Daisy hate is amusing.

now i want Nintendo/HAL to put her in SSBB just to piss off the haters. i don't really care if they leave her out or not but would be funny seeing the people complaining.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I don't hate Daisy, she's one of my favourite Mario characters, I'm just saying there's quite a few characters who should be in before her, and since they'll probably on add 2-3 Mario characters, I don't see her chances beinbg that good, probably around 40%.

REØ

Smash Lord
I think it would be pretty cool if they had daisy appear in brawl, just as long as she doesn't become a peach clone.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Mars- said:
They aren't owned by nintendo?
You qouted the answer to your question, they're owned by Square.

No Daisy, there's no way she wouldn't be a clone unless they made her nothing like she is in the games. Better female candidates anyway.

PiccoloCube

Smash Rookie
there will be clones in SSBB

there's a limit in the kind of moves a fighter can have before the game becomes too crazy to be balanced correctly.

i would rather have some slight clones than less characters.

btw, that's the reason Nintendo never continued SMRPG. all the stuff in it was by square, except the characters that existed before it.

and, as i said arlier, if Zelda can have 2 extremely different movesets, then why can't Daisy be really different to Peach? what if Daisy has moves closer to C. Flcon's moves?

Mars-

Smash Champion
PiccoloCube said:
low chances are not the whole story

then how did Roy get in before Wario in SSBM?
Because people from Japan choose the character. Nintendo Also added Roy to promote the Fire Emblem Series

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
PiccoloCube said:
and, as i said arlier, if Zelda can have 2 extremely different movesets, then why can't Daisy be really different to Peach? what if Daisy has moves closer to C. Flcon's moves?
Zelda has Sheik, who is far different from her. Daisy and Peach aren't that different, and it'd be stupid if Daisy has moves like Falcon.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
If they do add more Mario Series characters they will add the more popular ones first. Who are they? Well lets see, there is Geno, Mallow, Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr. just to name a few and then they have to add characters from other series as well. Now I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see Daisy in there, Im just saying the three I mentioned are alot better and have better shots at being in. If they have room then I won't mind seeing her in. I think Geno and Mallow can represent themselves like Wario.

PiccoloCube

Smash Rookie
hell, why do people think Geno and Mallow are popular? they were in 1 game only. a lot of people don't know who the hell they are. i can bet my GC that a lot more know about Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr and even Petey Piranha.

even the Koopa Kids (the ones from SMB3/SMW) are more popular than Geno and Mallow.

they have like 0.000001% chance of being in SSBB. there's higher chance that we don't get new Mario characters compared to getting those.
(btw, i hate 80% of the stuff in SMRPG. i was happy when Paper Mario was born)

RaRaRachael

Smash Ace
Dude, most do know who Daisy, Waluigi, and so on. No one said they didnt. It would just be cool to see Geno in there. He's not a clone of anyone else. Most of what you mentioned are already considered clones by Smashers on here. Except, of course, Petet Piranha. He's one of kind.

PiccoloCube

Smash Rookie
RaRaRachael said:
Agreed! Geno would be pretty cool. He might have the same moves as Fox or Falco but not as fast. Could be kinda floaty, eh?
and Daisy can't have Falcon's moves?

LOL

RaRaRachael

Smash Ace
DUDE, WTFUHHHck! Daisy is EXACTLLY like Peach. WHY would you want an effen clone, again? there's already enough clones as it is.

Top Bottom