• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Daisy for SSBB

Mr.Talk

Smash Cadet
Clearly my ravishingly complex writing isn't working here, so I'll keep things simple this time.

Go to Wikipedia, search for "Waddle Dee", read up on him, then re-read my comparison about him.

"Yes, I'd like the caesar salad, with a small cup of guessing on the side. Thank you."

That was a joke. No, I can't prove what I said last time, but you can't prove that those people know who Daisy is, just that they bought a game that included Daisy. However I still believe that those people, even if they did remember Daisy, would think you're crazy for saying she's as different from Peach as you make her out to be.

Well, if you don't care about providing proof, then stop trying to use this nebulous (darn, there goes that vocabulary again!) argument about what the Japanese (as if they're all one entity that communicates via a Hive Mind structure) like. Sales numbers are good arguments. Polls are good arguments.

Saying "I have a source in Japan", with no proof is not a good argument.

Riiiight. I guess I was spot-on about tricky grammar and you.
So in the end I at least proven that daisy is well known with you denying it as usual. You haven't proved anything in this whole arguement so I guess the rest is just pointless since we can't get anything through to each other.

I'm happy that I proved one of my points and so I will leave the thread to that until tommorow *leaves thread*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
For shame. I was enjoying myself. :)

EDIT - For posterity's sake, I'll point out that you never actually found out why my Waddle Dee comparison is relevant; you completely and repeatedly ignored it.

You also lose invisible cool points for using the old card of "I have a friend in Japan", and then not having the common decency to at least try and worm your way out more than once.

Although technically, you have the upper hand in the "know who she is" debate. So you're not leaving empty-handed.

Mr.Talk

Smash Cadet
*comes back to thread to talk about the waddle dee thing*

just a simple list of differences

1. Waddle Dee is generic but daisy isn't

2. Waddle Dee shows nearly no personality (or intelligence but moving on) Daisy is already known for being a sporty tomboy who shows a little more bravery than peach.

3. Waddle Dee is a villian meaning that seperates him from kirby already Daisy is different from peach by looks and personality.

I still don't see your point in that wiki thing other than wasting my time. Waddle Dee =/= Kirby and how you thought this is another mystery. Are you talking about importance? clones? Are you talking about anything thats confirming what the whole scheme of what your saying is? If yes then I don't see it.

*leaves thread again*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Hmm...a princess, named after vegetation, whom Mario rescues from a castle. Definitely not generic.

Mr.Talk said:
2. Waddle Dee shows nearly no personality (or intelligence but moving on) Daisy is already known for being a sporty tomboy who shows a little more bravery than peach.
Kirby 64 begs to differ. Now that I think about it, his name might be Waddle Doo, but that's irrelevant. In K64, he's Kirby's second companion, and is basically the fun-loving coward/comedy relief (not to say there were characters who did NOT provide comic relief). I'd say that's about equal in terms of uniqueness with "tomboy".

Mr.Talk said:
3. Waddle Dee is a villian meaning that seperates him from kirby already Daisy is different from peach by looks and personality.
For the purpose of this comparison, I'm using the Waddle from K64, who after defeating (easily) becomes your pal. So no villainous intent here.

Mr.Talk" said:
I still don't see your point in that wiki thing other than wasting my time. Waddle Dee =/= Kirby and how you thought this is another mystery. Are you talking about importance? clones? Are you talking about anything thats confirming what the whole scheme of what your saying is? If yes then I don't see it.
Eh, a while back you said something that made it sound like you didn't know who Waddle Dee is, thus the push for a visit to Wikipedia. But whatever, I'm not going back to look for it.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
*comes back to thread to talk about the waddle dee thing*

just a simple list of differences

*leaves thread again*

You need to play more Kirby games.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I really try to understand Daisy's supporter's reasons, but I just can't. I don't get how she is, in fact, a very popular character in Japan just because she is a filler character. So you say Japanese people automatically love filler characters... so what? Does that mean Wiggler, Petey Piranha, Birdo and Waluigi will be in Brawl? If filler characters are so important in Japan, it still means nothing. Look at Melee, no filler characters, why would it be different this time?

As I said before, I don't hate the idea of Daisy being in (I love Mario series, the more characters, the better for me), but I just don't see it happening.

Mr.Talk

Smash Cadet
I really try to understand Daisy's supporter's reasons, but I just can't. I don't get how she is, in fact, a very popular character in Japan just because she is a filler character. Japanese people are more drawn towards filler characters and demand them more sense they rarely make a important appearence. They do this with many anime characters too so it's not just video games So you say Japanese people automatically love filler characters... so what?So she is popular. Isn't that what a most people against daisy say? lack of popularity? Everyone has enough common sense to know what we say won't do much but things started out with people saying "lack of popularity" when there is indeed some popularity in other places Does that mean Wiggler, Petey Piranha, Birdo and Waluigi will be in Brawl? maybeIf filler characters are so important in Japan, it still means nothing. Look at Melee, no filler characters, why would it be different this time? Sense "filler" status was never realy cared for by anyone before brawls annoucement it holds near nothing in characters chances. So in better words fillier is just a word to put somebodies mindset in one directionwhen it's not very degrading at all

As I said before, I don't hate the idea of Daisy being in (I love Mario series, the more characters, the better for me), but I just don't see it happening.
It's okay to say that because once are hands are on the ame the topic will be dead

Mr.Talk

Smash Cadet
Hmm...a princess, named after vegetation, whom Mario rescues from a castle. Definitely not generic. A flower is vegetation?:dizzy: All signs point to daisy not being generic because of different creators of peach and daisy, different lands, and different traits. All you have is a technicality based off of your view which probable won't mean s*** to anyone official

Kirby 64 begs to differ. Now that I think about it, his name might be Waddle Doo, but that's irrelevant. In K64, he's Kirby's second companion, and is basically the fun-loving coward/comedy relief (not to say there were characters who did NOT provide comic relief). I'd say that's about equal in terms of uniqueness with "tomboy". but isn't he in most games a villian? If yes then I believe that the general conception would be put into brawl instead of one appearence. oh and waddle dee does not equal daisy because he is a sidekick and daisy is a freaking princess who can kick *** and has different connections to her characters in spinoffs unlike waddle ugly over there

For the purpose of this comparison, I'm using the Waddle from K64, who after defeating (easily) becomes your pal. So no villainous intent here.again the general conception will most likely be used

Eh, a while back you said something that made it sound like you didn't know who Waddle Dee is, thus the push for a visit to Wikipedia. But whatever, I'm not going back to look for it.
okey dokey

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Mr.Talk said:
Sense "filler" status was never realy cared for by anyone before brawls annoucement it holds near nothing in characters chances.
What are you talking about? Unless they're clones (e.g. Pichu), we won't see minor characters (like Daisy) in any Smash game...unless we get to Smash Bros. 6 or 7, then maybe. If you're a "filler" you were created for the sole purpose of filling a spot. Not because you're a good addition to the series, not because you're cool, or anything else.

Mr.Talk said:
All signs point to daisy not being generic because of different creators of peach and daisy, different lands, and different traits.
Which creator's games were more popular/hold greater recognition? As for "different lands", I will again refer to my Waddle Ugly Dee: he comes from a different planet than Kirby, they look (incredibly alike) the same, and they have different personalities. But even you agree that Waddle Dee won't be in because he's so minor.

Also, if he was put in (0% chance), they'd most certainly use his Kirby 64 appearance as his image. Much in the same way that Captain Bobbery would be put in over a regular bob-omb.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
"Princess Daisy is a filler character" -- Uh, who cares?
"Princess Daisy isn't popular" -- Who cares?

Okay maybe I am being to harsh saying "who cares?" but the fact is that she had appearences on Nintendo platform games giving her a chance at being in Brawl. Being a filler character doesn't matter. What is so relevant about being a filler character? Does that already disqualify you from being in Brawl? Poplularity doesn't matter if you in Brawl or not. The fact is if your a Nintendo character you got yourself a chance. If you got the Mario duo why not the Princess duo?

DNA13

Smash Apprentice
jeez that got heated. just saying, id personally prefer for daisy not to be in brawl, i think that ther are more interesting and original chars out there, but if they put her in, i have no problem with it

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
"Princess Daisy is a filler character" -- Uh, who cares?
"Princess Daisy isn't popular" -- Who cares?

Okay maybe I am being to harsh saying "who cares?" but the fact is that she had appearences on Nintendo platform games giving her a chance at being in Brawl. Being a filler character doesn't matter. What is so relevant about being a filler character? Does that already disqualify you from being in Brawl? Poplularity doesn't matter if you in Brawl or not. The fact is if your a Nintendo character you got yourself a chance.
Because there are already close to ten Mario characters. Almost a fourth of the total character count. There are much too many other, unrepresented Nintendo franchises out there that shouldn't get the cold shoulder so a filler character can get in just because she could work and all the other arguments for her.

MikeKirby said:
If you got the Mario duo why not the Princess duo?
DNA13 said:
ther are more interesting and original chars out there

Mr.Talk

Smash Cadet
Why not the wario duo? lets add waluigi in there too!! [/sarcasm x100]
actually waluigi isn'a a bad idea. I'm thinking of the mario party three crew should be in

mario,luigi,peach,daisy,wario,walugi,yoshi,DK,

and bowser too.

That makes 6 mario characters with the other three being in other franchises in their own little world

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Actually, Waluigi IS a bad idea. Ohh and Daisy is too. :) Almost forgot about her.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
People say they can't picture Princess Daisy fighting and yet Princess Peach can. If they say that they are so similar, how can you see Peach fighting and not Daisy yet they are as similar as some say?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MikeKirby said:
People say they can't picture Princess Daisy fighting and yet Princess Peach can. If they say that they are so similar, how can you see Peach fighting and not Daisy yet they are as similar as some say?
Who's been saying that? Certainly not I.

Answer me this: is Daisy really, honest and truly, worth excluding someone like Takamaru, Geno, Mach Rider, Wolf O'Donnell, Mega-Man, or Lucario for? Don't literaly answer to each of those, please; it's just an example. The point is that there are so many other more original Nintendo characters, and putting Daisy in (as a full-blown character, mind) on silly reasoning like "she's different from Peach", or "the spin-offs deserve rep" would exclude some other, guaranteed more interesting fighter. Ceriously, why would Daisy be fun to play as? More specifically, would she be funner than ANY of the characters listed above?

Only so many characters can make the cut, and Daisy doesn't have the chops to displace someone else.

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
I despise the idea of Sakurai's crew wasting time making a Peach pallete swap into a character that could be used to make characters with far more relavence to Nintendo and gaming in general. Everything she has done, Peach has done a thousand fold and Peach didn't even get into the first SSB.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I despise the idea of Sakurai's crew wasting time making a Peach pallete swap into a character that could be used to make characters with far more relavence to Nintendo and gaming in general. Everything she has done, Peach has done a thousand fold and Peach didn't even get into the first SSB.
Didn't say it better myself.

Quoted for truthiness.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Actually no, Peach hasn't done everything Daisy has..thats just like Saying Mario=Luigi, because Luigi was just a color swap of Mario...he evolved, so did Daisy.

Everything Luigi did, Mario has done....

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Ok 2nd post again:

This Smash series was supposible invented for NINTENDO ALL STARS ONLY....then WTH are two other 3rd party characters going to do in there, they are not Nintendo. period. They get to be in, but Nintendo material doesn't?

Talking about Waluigi and Daisy being fillers...

Well DK, Wario, and Toad are fillers as well...maybe Yoshi

DK, and Wario all have their own franchise...wth are they doing in a Mario game? Oh just so they can be playable....Toad is a minor roled character, just like Goomba.

Heck! DK and Wario are not important to the Mario canon games...If canon is all that counts Daisy still has a shot... she's been Major once, cameo'd more than once and tons of spin off appearances...

However I believe DK, and Wario are still added to the Mario Spin Offs because they were once important to Mario in the past canon games. (DK in Mario-vs-DK/DONKEY KONG), (Wario in Wario Land), same with Daisy. IMO she is not a filler whatsoever!

-----

Peach is probably going to bring something new to the table (Brawl) with her own moves of Super Princess Peach game...This opens the doors for Daisy & Toad...Toad can't do anything Peach couldn't do in Melee, at least Daisy can have something different from Peach. (flower)

If Peach has her own moves from her own game, how can Daisy be so similar to her? Daisy can get her own moves from sPin off games....

Spin Offs are taken into consideration, the Stage of Mario Kart in Brawl proves it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ok 2nd post again:

This Smash series was supposible invented for NINTENDO ALL STARS ONLY....then WTH are two other 3rd party characters going to do in there, they are not Nintendo. period. They get to be in, but Nintendo material doesn't?
So you'd rather exclude 3rd party characters than see bit players like Daisy not make it in? WTH indeed.

Talking about Waluigi and Daisy being fillers...

Well DK, Wario, and Toad are fillers as well...maybe Yoshi
Daisy and Waluigi (especially Waluigi) are fillers. Waluigi was made to give Luigi an antagonist in Mario Party. Daisy is the same, except for her negligible role in Super Mario Land.

DK has his own separate universe and series, Toad is a series mainstay (although that doesn't make him as important as Luigi or Peach), and Yoshi, again, actually has some games. He/she is also featured much more prominently than Daisy.

DK, and Wario all have their own franchise...wth are they doing in a Mario game? Oh just so they can be playable....Toad is a minor roled character, just like Goomba.
Are you implying that Smash is a Mario game? Or are you talking about Mario Sports? I'll assume the latter for now.

DK and Wario may have their own successful franchises now, but they both started out alongside Mario. The difference between them and Daisy is that Daisy hasn't gone beyond the status of a fill-in in party games.

Heck! DK and Wario are not important to the Mario canon games...If canon is all that counts Daisy still has a shot... she's been Major once, cameo'd more than once and tons of spin off appearances...
Let's get something straight: being the damsel in a Game Boy game, with one line (Thank you Mario!) does not make you major. And I'll ignore the DK and Wario comments, as I've explained why they're in Mario Sports and in Smash.

Spin Offs are taken into consideration, the Stage of Mario Kart in Brawl proves it.
You know what that proves? It proves the spin-offs aren't going to be made into characters. They'll make cameos like crazy, but they're certainly not important enough to take away the places of more well-deserving fighters.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
So you'd rather exclude 3rd party characters than see bit players like Daisy not make it in? WTH indeed.

I don't know what you are trying to tell me, but 3rd party characters have nothing whatsoever have to even be mentioned in a game made for Nintendo All-Stars...they get to be included...but regular Nintendo material doesn't? I don't think so...If third party has a chance with much more reason regular material owned by Nintendo should get a chance as well

Daisy and Waluigi (especially Waluigi) are fillers. Waluigi was made to give Luigi an antagonist in Mario Party. Daisy is the same, except for her negligible role in Super Mario Land.
They were once fillers and not even that, at least when they came in they were given something to play and prove themselves as, rather than just be another character to play as. Have you played Mario Golf for the 64? Some of those characters never came back, now they were true fillers. Daisy and Waluigi have become regulars in the spin offs, therefore calling them filler is not true. In MK: DS the TEAM idea no longer existed, but Daisy and Waluigi were added...Means that if their whole purpose of being in spin offs is just to accompany another character(s) is false.

DK has his own separate universe and series, Toad is a series mainstay (although that doesn't make him as important as Luigi or Peach), and Yoshi, again, actually has some games. He/she is also featured much more prominently than Daisy.

If he has his own franchise, what is he doing in Mario games?

Are you implying that Smash is a Mario game? Or are you talking about Mario Sports? I'll assume the latter for now.

DK and Wario may have their own successful franchises now, but they both started out alongside Mario. The difference between them and Daisy is that Daisy hasn't gone beyond the status of a fill-in in party games.

Just as I said, DK and Wario are not getting in as Mario characters but as their own characters from their own franchise. Her being in many of the Mario Series is a good thing.

Let's get something straight: being the damsel in a Game Boy game, with one line (Thank you Mario!) does not make you major. And I'll ignore the DK and Wario comments, as I've explained why they're in Mario Sports and in Smash.

How does it not make you major? Basically the game's reason is to rescue Daisy, meaning she was important to the plot/game.

You know what that proves? It proves the spin-offs aren't going to be made into characters. They'll make cameos like crazy, but they're certainly not important enough to take away the places of more well-deserving fighters

Actually it proves that Spin Offs are not being neglected..If it is so unnessecary to have anything spin off related...why is there a level? Mario Spin Offs series (different series) are all waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than some of these other Nintendo franchises. If they were not important (at least in Sales) they would have not ever been so successful.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
about items.......hmmm well lets see, Daisy has used a flower and a heart, but peach has only used hearts.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I don't know what you are trying to tell me, but 3rd party characters have nothing whatsoever have to even be mentioned in a game made for Nintendo All-Stars...they get to be included...but regular Nintendo material doesn't? I don't think so...If third party has a chance with much more reason regular material owned by Nintendo should get a chance as well
That doesn't change the fact that 3rd parties are in. You can't change that, and now that they can, there are much better choices for Brawl than Daisy.

They were once fillers and not even that, at least when they came in they were given something to play and prove themselves as, rather than just be another character to play as.
What?

"...they were given something to play and prove themselves as, rather than just be another character to play as."

Sorry, but that makes no sense at all. What else would they do besides play something? Spectate? And what instance does your "rather" refer to?

Have you played Mario Golf for the 64? Some of those characters never came back, now they were true fillers.
Such as...?

Daisy and Waluigi have become regulars in the spin offs, therefore calling them filler is not true. In MK: DS the TEAM idea no longer existed, but Daisy and Waluigi were added...Means that if their whole purpose of being in spin offs is just to accompany another character(s) is false.
Fine. But now they're just spin-off characters.

If he has his own franchise, what is he doing in Mario games?
Various things. My point is, DK has his own universe while also appearing every now and then alongside Mario. Can Daisy say the same? No.

Just as I said, DK and Wario are not getting in as Mario characters but as their own characters from their own franchise. Her being in many of the Mario Series is a good thing.
But she doesn't have her own franchise, so...what's your point?

How does it not make you major? Basically the game's reason is to rescue Daisy, meaning she was important to the plot/game.
And is the PLOT OF A GAME WITH JUST 3 LINES OF TEXT IMPORTANT? AT ALL?

Actually it proves that Spin Offs are not being neglected..If it is so unnessecary to have anything spin off related...why is there a level?
Why do you think they made a stage before a character?

Mario Spin Offs series (different series) are all waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than some of these other Nintendo franchises.
They're also a whole lot less fun, original, and Nintendo-relevant than those other Ninty franchises.

If they were not important (at least in Sales) they would have not ever been so successful.
Yeah, no **** Sherlock.

DNA13

Smash Apprentice
daisy is just a glorified filler. o ya. and shes annoying. sorry. mor interesting chars out there + there are already enough (if not to many) mari ochars already in or as good as in (docs the only one who will probly get teh boot)

y3nia659

Smash Ace
That doesn't change the fact that 3rd parties are in. You can't change that, and now that they can, there are much better choices for Brawl than Daisy..
Of course it doesn't...and it doesn't change the fact that anything that seems impossible can happen.Would you have ever though that in a NINTENDO game made for NINTENDO all-stars ONLY a 3rd party character would ever pop up?

What?

"...they were given something to play and prove themselves as, rather than just be another character to play as."

Sorry, but that makes no sense at all. What else would they do besides play something? Spectate? And what instance does your "rather" refer to?

Unlike Mario Golf 64 characters like Plum, and so on Daisy and Waluigi played some kind of role or demonstrated their toughness, rather than being just another character to play as..MP3 I've heard Daisy punched the crap out of Bowser, making her cooperate in the game or show off in a way rather than just be another character to choose from.

Various things. My point is, DK has his own universe while also appearing every now and then alongside Mario. Can Daisy say the same? No...
If he has his own universe he is filling up spots in another characters universe...and no Daisy can't do that, because she is a Mario character...If she were to be in she'll be in as a MARIO character, not a character of her own franchise...She'll count as a Mario character, unlike DK, Yoshi and Wario who count separately.

Yes it is, without the plot the game wouldn't be organized and lead to failure....She was the whole reason Mario showed up in that game. If Damsels in Distress are not Important, Why is Peach in? Sure she's played as a Sidekick and not so long ago as a Hero...but she is the Damsel-in-Distress of the whole franchise...that's what she's looked at.

If they weren't fun, original, and Nintendo relevant...Why do so many people Love them?

It flows from Opinions to Opinions, saying right away Daisy can't be anything different from Peach is absolutly False.... I've said it before...If Peach has her moveset based on her game...and Daisy gets her moveset based on Spin Offs...How are they going to be Clones? >.>

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
First of all, learn how to quote. It's not that difficult.

Of course it doesn't...and it doesn't change the fact that anything that seems impossible can happen.Would you have ever though that in a NINTENDO game made for NINTENDO all-stars ONLY a 3rd party character would ever pop up?
You can't tell me that you hadn't fantasized about a FF character (or what have you) being playable in Smash? And Daisy isn't a case of "she simply CAN'T happen", but rather she's just so unlikely because there are too many better picks for the spot she'd take.

Unlike Mario Golf 64 characters like Plum, and so on Daisy and Waluigi played some kind of role or demonstrated their toughness, rather than being just another character to play as..MP3 I've heard Daisy punched the crap out of Bowser, making her cooperate in the game or show off in a way rather than just be another character to choose from.
"Demonstrated their toughness" by playing Golf? They weren't anything special, but they were more relevant than Plum (who, by the way, isn't completely forgotten: she showed up in the GBA Mario Golf and the GBA Mario Tennis) in that they are Mario characters...just not major ones.

If he has his own universe he is filling up spots in another characters universe...and no Daisy can't do that, because she is a Mario character...If she were to be in she'll be in as a MARIO character, not a character of her own franchise...She'll count as a Mario character, unlike DK, Yoshi and Wario who count separately.
What he's doing is paying tribute to his roots (by playing Mario Sports). Yes, if she were in, she'd be in as a Mario character. True.

My point is she'll be in just as Peach and Luigi counting as Mario characters. Do you understand?
No, because Peach and Luigi are main characters in the major Mario games. Daisy is a bit character in party games that just happen to feature Mario.

Yes it is, without the plot the game wouldn't be organized and lead to failure....She was the whole reason Mario showed up in that game. If Damsels in Distress are not Important, Why is Peach in? Sure she's played as a Sidekick and not so long ago as a Hero...but she is the Damsel-in-Distress of the whole franchise...that's what she's looked at.
If there wasn't any plot in SML...no one would care. It's not a moving, emotionally impactful story; it's just there to put some structure to the game, and to keep players from wondering "why am I doing this?"

And Peach is THE damsel, unlike Daisy: a one-hit wonder. Peach is alwyas the princess in peril, she's always Mario's goal, and she's infnitely more important to Mario games than Daisy.

Also, Daisy's not a damsel of an entire franchise, nor was her damsel status at all recent.

They don't have to say who all the characters are...So Yoshi's stage is in, but he's not confirmed...I guess he's not going in? Nice Logic... :|
Yoshi's in. But no one's going to say that a Shy Guy in a go-cart is a cool idea for a character.

If they weren't fun, original, and Nintendo relevant...Why do so many people Love them?
Because they're fun arcadey sports games: something of a rarity in today's world of Madden and Gran Turismo. But the only reason Mario even exists in these insipid outings is for the brand recognition, nothing more. Anyone who says otherwise is probably losing their grip on reality.

from Opinions to Opinions, saying right away Daisy can't be anything different from Peach is absolutly False.... I've said it before...If Peach has her moveset based on her game...and Daisy gets her moveset based on Spin Offs...How are they going to be Clones? >.>
Yes, she could be different, I agree with that. What I'm saying (and you have NO argument against this) is that Daisy's supposed spot would better be served by any of the myriad Nintendo characters from other franchises.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Sorry Chief, for some reason press the quote but it doesn't let me quote you....

People fantasize about anything, lol. I don't think she's unlikely,,,,,She'll be getting in as a Mario character, not as a third party spot. From the Mario characters she stands out, If there would to be another female character it can most likely be her. Her having a major role is a bonus.

Well Plum is a Mario character, but like you said not a major one. Daisy has been major, and is regular spin off material

it doesn't matter, Geno is just another Hero, Toad is another sidekick....or minor roled. We already have the Mario characters that are needed, but there will most likely be more Mario characters in Brawl.. There's a Mario Kart stage, I think there will be a spin off character, hopefully Daisy.

Brand recognition.....that's what makes him the Mascot of Nintendo isn't it?

Daisy's spot would count in addition for Mario characters, not Zelda/Pokemon/So on....she would affect characters from the Mario franchise not get in...

Roy got in as a Fire Emblem character, he affected Fire Emblem characters not get in, he did not by any means count or affected other characters from other franchises to be in.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Tiamat said:
...dude, a Shy Guy in a go-cart would possibly be one of the most HILARIOUS characters to play as, EVER.
Hilarious, yes. Likely, no.

And if any character gets to drive a motor vehicle, it HAS to be Mach Rider.

P.S. Also, y3nia659: I'll respond when you fix your last post.

To quote: Just put this before the section you want to quote:
, and then another
after, only with a "/" before the word "QUOTE".

Note: both "quotes" need to be all-capitals.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
First of all, learn how to quote. It's not that difficult. :laugh: Thank you for the Tip

You can't tell me that you hadn't fantasized about a FF character (or what have you) being playable in Smash? And Daisy isn't a case of "she simply CAN'T happen", but rather she's just so unlikely because there are too many better picks for the spot she'd take.People fantasize about everything, they've even fantasized about Playing as Daisy...and no Peach's alt. outfit is not enough, that was not Daisy..it was Peach wearing Daisy's outfit, just like Mario was wearing Wario's outfit...

If it was Daisy, it would had said her name, sort of like in Tekken 5 (not Dark Resurrection) where Eddy was a true alternate character taking up a space for another character, and it did say his name.

"Demonstrated their toughness" by playing Golf? They weren't anything special, but they were more relevant than Plum (who, by the way, isn't completely forgotten: she showed up in the GBA Mario Golf and the GBA Mario Tennis) in that they are Mario characters...just not major ones.

Daisy has been a major character, thats a bonus...

What he's doing is paying tribute to his roots (by playing Mario Sports). Yes, if she were in, she'd be in as a Mario character. True.

No, because Peach and Luigi are main characters in the major Mario games. Daisy is a bit character in party games that just happen to feature Mario. and she can be in representing the Mario Parties/Kart/Sports...Dr. MArio has nothing to do with the Mario canon games, he was in...Opens possibilities for other SPin off characters, Daisy being the major one can take the spot.

If there wasn't any plot in SML...no one would care. It's not a moving, emotionally impactful story; it's just there to put some structure to the game, and to keep players from wondering "why am I doing this?"

She was still important to the plot tough, it could have been another same game where he rescues Peach again, but it wasn't.

And Peach is THE damsel, unlike Daisy: a one-hit wonder. Peach is alwyas the princess in peril, she's always Mario's goal, and she's infnitely more important to Mario games than Daisy.

Thats true, Peach is the Damsel-in-Distress of the whole franchise. However Daisy can be in representing the Spin Offs. In Melee, the dr. was in ...his game is basically a spin off and he's just another Mario...Nothing is closing the doors for Daisy, she's actually more variety than Dr. Mario...now that she has her personality built well.

Also, Daisy's not a damsel of an entire franchise, nor was her damsel status at all recent.

Read above, lol

Yoshi's in. But no one's going to say that a Shy Guy in a go-cart is a cool idea for a character.
He's not confirmed but his stage(s) are...that doesn't mean he is not going to be in, you mentioned earlier that the Mario Spin offs will be getting stages and cameo like crazy but not get a character, how can you prove that?

Because they're fun arcadey sports games: something of a rarity in today's world of Madden and Gran Turismo. But the only reason Mario even exists in these insipid outings is for the brand recognition, nothing more. Anyone who says otherwise is probably losing their grip on reality.

They helped Mario grow and evolve even more, the Spin Offs can be payed off with a character

Yes, she could be different, I agree with that. What I'm saying (and you have NO argument against this) is that Daisy's supposed spot would better be served by any of the myriad Nintendo characters from other franchises.
Actually she counts as a Mario character, if she gets in...she got in before Mario characters, if Other characters from other franchises don't get in it was not her fault.

Roy got in before FE characters, how did he affect Diddy not being in Melee?

I like debating with you, lol :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Daisy would suck balls anyways

but I don't care if she's in it
Does Peach suck=? L:ast I checked, Peach could totally own just about any character in Melee! :laugh: Cosidering how much Peach and Daisy are alike, and since Daisy is more tomboyish, thus meaning she's more brutal, she could own just as much as Peach, if not more! :)

Zeela12

Smash Ace
since in that one interview they said that there won't be any clone charaters, (not even very credible actually), it's possible that Daisy will be in the game just as a costume for Peach, kind of like in Melee only with mesh and figure just like the charater Daisy instead.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Luigi got to be decloned from Mario, I don't see why Daisy can't...considering Peach can get moves from Super Princess Peach and Daisy can get them based on spin offs or have some created to fit her...I seriously don't see why people automatically say Daisy would be another Peach...You people are not open minded.

Top Bottom