• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prince Bistro Tournament Results!

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Welcome to the Prince Bistro Tournament result thread.

The purpose of this thread is for viewing upcoming PBTs, tournament results, shouting out things, linking to PBT videos, and posting cogent comments/complaints/questions/suggestions.

Here's kicking off PBT#8.

Singles

1: Ultimate Razer
2: Melee1
3: Dmg
4: d4ba
5: DPHAT
5: Forsaken
7: AWE
7: KaloKross
9: Infinity
9: Sethlon
9: bwett
9: ICE
13: BEAR
13: Angel
13: koula
13: Hylian
17: SNAP
17: Chucky
17: YAJ
17: KirbyKid
17: Chic
17: Marcus
17: FOGO
17: Chris
25: Ani
25: SABER
25: Joker :)
25: Slaps
25: B00Zer
25: Shuz
25: khaoz
25: Jingo Joe
33: Katers893
33: Gaia
33: Ruddy
33: JackieRabbit
33: JOE
49: MURDr

AND TEAMS

1: CLP (CLP)
2: FlipIsTooGood (FlipIsTooGood)
3: For Austin's Sake (For Austin's Sake)
4: Armored Origami (Armored Origami)
5: Super Martinez Brothers (Super Martinez Brothers)
5: Latino Thundah (Latino Thundah)
7: Kitty Kitty Kittay (Kitty Kitty Kittay)
7: Shank n Spank (Shank n Spank)
9: Charlie the Unicorn (Charlie the Unicorn)
9: Boogaloobonzabril (Boogaloobonzabril)
9: True Latino Thundah (True Latino Thundah)
9: F Lagg (F Lagg)
13: Papas (Papas)
13: Thumb-like Peepee (Thumb-like Peepee)
13: Shuz and Ice go to White Castle (Shuz and Ice go to White Castle)
13: Battle Toads (Battle Toads)

Commence the shouting.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I can't remember everyone I wanted to give shoutouts to. So, if I played you or talked to you, I'm giving you a shoutout right now cuz that was a **** fun PBT.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Melee1s SHOUTOUTS!!!

Ultimate Razer- You are getting really good.. Im glad to hear you trash talking me it was alot of fun. Your nade setups are really difficult to break with me trying to chain grab you and such.... You destroyed me and as your 1st tourney win i congratulate you.. TO PRO....

Dmg-Dude we each had like 60 damage second stock and the time ran out.. All of Dallas will miss you but just throw a waco tourney and most of Dallas will come. We probably had the most frustrating set that day other than sethlon..

d4ba-CALL ALPHA!!!

DPHAT-Your Marth is getting really scary and you looked unstoppable yesterday..

Forsaken-After you took hylian out you like bear hugged and almost knocked me to the floor.. Keep up the good work and win the next tourney.

AWE-I think i got the ness matchup down but i still fear your play style. Good stuff winning teams with forsaken...

Infinity-It was fun to talk to and hang out with you this weekend... You will bounce back..

Sethlon-I know the 0 suit samus matchup really well thanks to online play.. You did tons better though than your falco... The ic falco matchup is extremely hard for falco.. Glad you came down to Dallas.

BEAR-Good seeing you we need to play more friendlies..

Hylian-It was fun hanging out and I wanted you to teach me the new CG on heavies before i got ***** by razor:(Could you send me that article on iceclimbers you made thanks...

KirbyKid-Great tourney and keep them coming:) I appreciate everything you do for the Dallas community.

Slaps-Good stuff.. Katie almost knocked you out of the tourney....

khaoz-Sigh..

Jingo Joe- Fun friendlies hope you dont give up on brawl for street fighter but whatever..

Katie-Fun hanging out and hopefully you had fun.. Sorry i made us lose teamsXD Theres always next time.

Gaia-Sorry to knock you out 1st round. You had a tough bracket..

Ruddy-Best 14 year old that plays fox in Dallas..

Anyways fun tourney and ill see you guys around...

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
my bro(CHRIS) and i had fun. looking forward to the next one
I'm working on a new set up that will make things run even smoother/faster.

Good to hear that you guys had fun.

Don't lose that Luigi pin. It holds great power (as you already know).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't appriciate being lied to at the end of the tournament about the finals. The ruleset was not posted online before the tournament, and I drove all the way to houston, and then to dallas to go to this. I had at least 10 dallas players who attended previous PBT's tell me that the grand finals were played out in two sets, and 3/5 for the losers finals.

So, I don't really know why you guys lied to me, and didn't post the ruleset online before the tournament. I wouldn't of come if I had known losers finals were 2/3 and grand finals was 1 set. Your excuse was that the rules were on the TABLE. I drove from AUSTIN. How was I supposed to know that? Then you told me every PBT was like this, yet I had over 10 people tell me otherwise. The stage crap you pulled against us in teams was also ridiculous.

Oh, and this ruleset was not SBR certified. I helped MAKE the sbr ruleset, I would know.

Dallas players:

I'll give you shoutouts later but you guys were awesome :). I had tons of fun. Still at Andys house right now actually haha. I won't be going back for any more PBT's because of irresponsible TO's but I will visit dallas for other tournaments :).

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
^Agreed. If it says SBR rules in the thread, that's what it should be. Changes should be made well in advance, not on the fly when the situation comes up.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
[

khaoz-Sigh..
Haha. You wait...I will beat you soon enough.

ok, shouts....

Ultimate Razor- Congrats on 1st! I've never gotten to actually play you but something tells me right now it wouldn't be pretty...=/

DMG- didnt get to play you this time around, which sucks. We will really miss you around Dallas. =(

D4ba-nice getting 4th on a random controller I had in my book bag! haha. Also my bad for that crew battle embarrassment back at Dphats. Wont happen again...=(

Dphat- This was the first time I really talked to and chilled with you. You're a really cool guy. Thanks for letting us chill at your place so often. (Dont think I've ever played against your Marth actually...I want friendlies next time!)

Forsaken- <---still owes me friendlies >=(

AWE- Fun matches! While off stage you had me praying I'd sweet spot the ledge everytime so I wouldnt get spiked...Also that downtilt trap you got me in in teams on PS1 back at Dphats was gay!=/ haha.

Infinity- I'm not gay.=/

Sethlon-aahhh!!! So many mind games with those armor pieces!Also your dash attacks=broken. 75%???wtf!?lol. all in all though really glad I got to play with you. =D

Bear- We didn't play at all.:( (Thanks for that info on the screwdriver btw. Just ordered it :bee:)

Hylian- Only got to play one or 2 friendlies with you, but definately showed me why pple fear your name. You're a really cool guy to talk with. Honestly, I think most of my improvement from the tourney came from just sitting there and listening to you talk matches, countepicks, and matchups.Definately hope to get a chance to play you again in the future.

Bwett- Good stuff, winning that bet with the waitress at IHOP and also on those RockPaperScissors matches with Hylian.As far as Brawl goes, I didnt see much of you at the tourny =(

Ice- You're awesome. Thanks for having my back during those gay jokes!

Fogo- Also another person I never really got to talk with and until this.You are incredibly cool. You probably gave me the best advice of all that I'd gotten that day..."Dont get discouraged and stay focused.You've got to start somewhere. ". As simple as all of that is, it really got me thinking and is now helping me to hang in there and aim higher. Thanks.

Snap- GOOD F****** PEACH! Had no idea she had any of that potential in this game! Those friendlies were probably my most intens and closest of all the friendlies I played. You DEFINITELY sealed that one up though in that crew match you embarrassed me in.lol.

Chuky- Good set we had! Your Lucas is scary! hope to play again.

Jingo Joe- blah, you wrecked me in friendlies.haha. I'm sure that wont be the only time we play.

Joe (not quite sure of tag)-Despite the fact that we got last, we didnt do too terrible for randomly teaming. Hope to see you around dude.

Ruddy- Blah. stupid little kid, quit trying to take my money! haha.jk. I'm getting that dollar back at some point!

JackieRabbit- We had a pretty good set. I can tell you learn match ups pretty well on the fly. After the first stock you were pretty much impossible for my ICs to grab.lol

Kirbykid- Thanks for hosting!

Angel,Gaia, Koala,SABER and the rest of the Denton crew...-Wouldnt even be at these things without you guys!Thanks a ton for everything you guys have done!

yeah, i'm almost positive i most likely forgot someone,and if I remember I shall post up the shoutup.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't appriciate being lied to at the end of the tournament about the finals. The ruleset was not posted online before the tournament, and I drove all the way to houston, and then to dallas to go to this. I had at least 10 dallas players who attended previous PBT's tell me that the grand finals were played out in two sets, and 3/5 for the losers finals.

So, I don't really know why you guys lied to me, and didn't post the ruleset online before the tournament. I wouldn't of come if I had known losers finals were 2/3 and grand finals was 1 set. Your excuse was that the rules were on the TABLE. I drove from AUSTIN. How was I supposed to know that? Then you told me every PBT was like this, yet I had over 10 people tell me otherwise. The stage crap you pulled against us in teams was also ridiculous.

Oh, and this ruleset was not SBR certified. I helped MAKE the sbr ruleset, I would know.

Dallas players:

I'll give you shoutouts later but you guys were awesome :). I had tons of fun. Still at Andys house right now actually haha. I won't be going back for any more PBT's because of irresponsible TO's but I will visit dallas for other tournaments :).
No on lied to you but your "friends." If you made the rules than you should know them right? But you don't. Here's whats in the SBR rules.

"This list is not meant to be copied and pasted, but instead copied and adjusted to fit each tournaments situation (time limits, regional philosophies, etc.)."
I adjusted to fit to my tournament. If you have any questions about it, you should have emailed me. I post the same email with every PBT announcement. If you're friends told you otherwise, that's your fault for not going to the source.

"The SBR debated heavily over rule enforcement but decided such decisions are currently too broad to be stated within this recommended rule list. There is a list of optional rules that have been added for your ease of use."

"Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the TO's attention."
The rules were clearly posted. The rules were next to the registration table. Regardless, if you had a question, you should have asked.

"The semi-final and championship sets should be in at least best of 5 format."
This quote comes from the section in the SBR rules that are OPTIONAL. We have adjusted the PBT to only have a best out of 5 for the grand finals.

Any rule-list that closely follows this guideline may include a note in its opening post (suggested beneath the tournaments title in smaller font) that reads "SBR Certified"
The PBT closely follows the rules.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
You see? If you followed the rules, you wouldn't have complained right? So by "stage crap you pulled against us" you mean following the rules? I thought so.

For the record, there's nothing in the SBR rules about playing 2 sets for the winner. We play by winner takes all. If you want to wiki double elim tournaments, it states that people do it both ways.

You didn't make it to the finals so you shouldn't be complaining. Quit trying to fight other people's battles. If you feel lied to, deal with it or talk to the friends who misled you. We've been doing things the same way for about 8 tournaments now. Maybe if others knew how to read/listen better they would have been able to relay the correct information.

Deal with it.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't really see myself participating in PBTs any more. I went out of my way to try and give your tournament some hype and the first thing you did was immediately give it a bad reputation with players from the rest of the state.

In spite of what you're saying the rules are NOT clearly posted anywhere. You placed them on a table away from any source of regular gameplay or normal activity and expected them to be recognized and upheld by players from out of town when they are not posted anywhere on this forum either. This is poor work on YOUR PART and not anyone else's. Several of the regulars at your tournaments were under the same impression about several of the rules and you're still trying to argue and say it's OUR fault?

I'd elaborate more on other issues (winner's being 3 games instead of 5, the stage banning process, etc) but I actually don't see the point any more. The fact of the matter is that people drove several hours to attend this tournament and you treated them like **** and I don't see how I can further support this tournament series because of that.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No on lied to you but your "friends." If you made the rules than you should know them right? But you don't. Here's whats in the SBR rules.
Why should I trust you over 10 people who have attended your tournaments?

I adjusted to fit to my tournament. If you have any questions about it, you should have emailed me. I post the same email with every PBT announcement. If you're friends told you otherwise, that's your fault for not going to the source.
The source was on a table in dallas. Online you posted "Sbr-certified rules" That's all. I shouldn't have to clarify what those are before I go. The rules you listed definitely went outside the guideline of the sbr ruleset.

The rules were clearly posted. The rules were next to the registration table. Regardless, if you had a question, you should have asked.
Really? They were NOT posted online. Was I supposed to just drive back to houston and then to austin because I saw the rules on the table? I don't understand why you would post a different ruleset online before the tournament. Those were NOT sbr-certified rules.

This quote comes from the section in the SBR rules that are OPTIONAL. We have adjusted the PBT to only have a best out of 5 for the grand finals.

The PBT closely follows the rules.
Do you have reading comprehension? Seriously? I could make a ruleset with all items on and call it sbr-certified with that logic. You also adjusted it to have a 2/3 losers finals, and when the ruleset refers to championship matches being at LEAST 3/5 it means in TWO SETS should the person in the losers bracket win.

You see? If you followed the rules, you wouldn't have complained right? So by "stage crap you pulled against us" you mean following the rules? I thought so.
Ok, then you didn't follow the rules either? It's very obvious you just rushed things along so we couldn't ban skyworld against you. Other teams told me you did the same thing to them. Regardless of the minute details in the ruleset about stage banning you should still try and be respectful as a TO. It was upsetting to most that you need to try and use things like that to your advantage just to nail one match in a set. Unheard of.

For the record, there's nothing in the SBR rules about playing 2 sets for the winner. We play by winner takes all. If you want to wiki double elim tournaments, it states that people do it both ways.
That still doesn't explain losers finals only being 2 out of 3. I've also never even heard of a double elimination tournament in which the winner of the losers bracket only has to beat the person in the grand finals in one set. You can be stuck on being right, but that doesn't make you a good TO.

You didn't make it to the finals so you shouldn't be complaining. Quit trying to fight other people's battles. If you feel lied to, deal with it or talk to the friends who misled you. We've been doing things the same way for about 8 tournaments now. Maybe if others knew how to read/listen better they would have been able to relay the correct information.

Deal with it.
First of all, you DID lie to me. I'm going to take the words of other players who have PLAYED OUT the grand finals and losers was played 3 out of 5. It's your word against over 10 people.

I also care about other people and fair tournaments unlike you apparently. Of course I'm going to be upset when I drove all the way from austin just to find out the rules were different. I guarantee that if you posted the actual ruleset you used online you would have less people attending. You are just being stuck up about it. The way you ran this tournament was not fair to the players at all and it's extremely obvious you don't give a **** about us.

Especially considering the fact that you could of just TOLD me there was time restrictions and it would of been fine. Instead you were determined to justify your rules and argue with the people attending your tournament. You should try listening for once.

Don't expect anyone in Austin or probably Houston to be attending your events again. Not that you care.

Oh and by the way:
Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit <------
Wario Ware

This tournament was not SBR certified so I would appreciate it if you would take that out of the titles if you are going to use this ruleset for future tournaments.

Oh, and just for giggles:

At this point if I were the TO, IMHO, it wouldn't matter to me what my personal opinions are on the stages. If I thought Pictochat and Pipes were perfectly fine, it wouldn't matter. When my regions, and I mean the entire Southwest's pretty much spokesperson says he doesn't want to go to a tournament because it separates him from the country, that's when it would kick in my head that something is wrong.

Hylian is a mod in the backroom, arguably the biggest contributor on Smashboards, always in a good mood/hyping things up, and the most well known player in all of Texas. I think Texas, I think Hylian.

If I was the TO and HYLIAN wasn't going to my tournament due to the rules, they'd be changed reallll quick.

Posted in another tournament thread. Followed by:
to add on top of this, Hylian has not only proposed to you to unify with the remainder of the US (to encourage OOS participation past $) but has ALREADY created a highly accepted variation of stage rules which can be seen here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205461

Hylian has an amazing reputation, single-handedly repping the mainstream TX tournament scene in both the SBR and outside smash scenes like Florida.

I'm going to stick with Jesiah and Hylian on this one. There's really no reason to deviate from the standard, and it only functions to benefit your tournament to go with him on this one.

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
Ok, then you didn't follow the rules either? It's very obvious you just rushed things along so we couldn't ban skyworld against you. Other teams told me you did the same thing to them. Regardless of the minute details in the ruleset about stage banning you should still try and be respectful as a TO. It was upsetting to most that you need to try and use things like that to your advantage just to nail one match in a set. Unheard of.
We followed the rules just fine.
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
We did that.
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
We did that.
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
We didn't do this because we had nothing to ban.
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

And all of this too. Now where did we not follow the rules? Rush things along? Well I'm not about to argue whether or not you felt rushed or not, perception of time is a tricky thing. Though I don't seem to remember rushing you guys to pick characters or to strike a stage. But whatever, you feel how you feel though for whatever its worth we had no grand plan to trick you out of banning a stage.

And no, we haven't done the same thing to other teams. That was the first time we've had to enforce that rule during one of our matches. If anyone has any specific instances where we did this other wise I'd love to hear from them.

I'll leave Richard to go over the other points you brought up. Though its becoming clear we're of different minds on the matter and further arguing will just be words wasted. You might have a point or two or you might not. But if you're never coming back I don't see much use in continuing on trying to shift through your "investigative" reporting and feelings to make a change to some definite rules you'll never take advantage of.

For you feelings, I'm sorry. If I knew you'd whip yourself into a tizzy about a rule that didn't affect the finals in the least then we would have treated it more delicately. Its never fun being in a tizzy.

Sorry to hear that Infinity. Though I don't think our local tourney motto is well suited for the hardcore Tourney anyway nor are we equipped enough to deal with tourney sizes you want to achieve. Though hopefully this half hearted promise is as thinly constructed as your other half vows you've made in the past and you'll be come back one of these days. You have had fun and you know you will have more if you continue to come.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
How many PBT's in a row now have there been serious rule disputes? No one travels to North Texas tournaments from far away anyway, and you've just given us the worst word of mouth we could have possibly gotten. If there isn't a clearly posted, thorough set of rules ONLINE, IN ADVANCE, you're going to be losing a lot of participants. Have fun doing round robin because only 6 people showed up.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why should I trust you over 10 people who have attended your tournaments?
10 people eh? How about the other 30-40 that have been attending PBT? You don't have to trust me if you don't want to. But if you want to play with numbers... 30-40>10.

The source was on a table in dallas. Online you posted "Sbr-certified rules" That's all. I shouldn't have to clarify what those are before I go. The rules you listed definitely went outside the guideline of the sbr ruleset.
Check this out...
While it is always up to the Tournament Organizers (TO) to determine the rules that best fit their tournaments, we recommend these rules be used as a base guideline to new and experienced TO's alike.

Any rule-list that closely follows this guideline may include a note in its opening post (suggested beneath the tournaments title in smaller font) that reads "SBR Certified".

Basically, the SBR ruleset has a bit of flexibility. This means, I can change a few things here and there and still be considered "closely" following the recommendations. I wouldn't use the word recommendations and closely unless I acknowledged this lenient grey area/possibility.

Word are important. As an english major, I know how important a single word or tense can be when writing a poem, story, rules, or even legal documents. It's the reason why laywers/english majors are paid big bucks to pour over every single word of legal docs. The difference between referring to a corporation/business as it or they makes ALL the difference in the world to a layer fighting to defend a business with the same laws that apply to people.

The bottom line is the SBR rules are written very poorly. There are holes all over the place.

You said you helped write them. So I blame you.

Really? They were NOT posted online. Was I supposed to just drive back to houston and then to austin because I saw the rules on the table? I don't understand why you would post a different ruleset online before the tournament. Those were NOT sbr-certified rules.
I don't care what you do. It's your responsibility. It's your choice. It's your problem.

I didn't post a different ruleset online.

According to the exact wording in the SBR document, my rules are in fact SBR certified. They may not be to your liking, but once again.... it's your responsibility. It's your choice (to come). And it's your problem.

Do you have reading comprehension? Seriously? I could make a ruleset with all items on and call it sbr-certified with that logic. You also adjusted it to have a 2/3 losers finals, and when the ruleset refers to championship matches being at LEAST 3/5 it means in TWO SETS should the person in the losers bracket win.
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

What out for the word "recommended." It can turn any "you must do this" into "it's optional."

And I don't care what you think the rules "mean." If it's not explicitly stated, then you're only inviting confusion, misinterpretation, and variance to the rules.

Marcus, aka. Yokoson, already handed this one. Don't be bitter cause you didn't/couldn't follow the rules you helped create.

Speak for yourself. If "other teams" told you something, then I want quotes and names. Otherwise, don't bother. I respect people who follow the rules. Technically, whether knowingly or unknowingly, you were trying to cheat.

Using the rules to gain an advantage. Sounds like fair play to me.

That still doesn't explain losers finals only being 2 out of 3. I've also never even heard of a double elimination tournament in which the winner of the losers bracket only has to beat the person in the grand finals in one set. You can be stuck on being right, but that doesn't make you a good TO.
What explains the losers finals is all in the word "recommended" and "closely." Battles in court are won and lost around the meanings of simple words like this. These two words have doomed your side of the argument.

If 10 out of 45 people are upset, that means there's still 35 people I'd rather smash with. I don't cut deals for complainers and babies.

You can be stuck on having had a poor experience (right at the end of it all too), but that doens't make me a bad TO. Weeding out junk like this is going to clean up PBT one way or the other.

Now you've heard of one.

First of all, you DID lie to me. I'm going to take the words of other players who have PLAYED OUT the grand finals and losers was played 3 out of 5. It's your word against over 10 people.
The numbers game again? As I've said before, when we've had time and when both of the players agree, we're more than willing to let the finalists determine the winner how they want. Whether this means putting items. Playing random characters. Or playing a possible two best out of 5 sets. But, those allowances are always a case by case issue. Also, these allowances were only made when the issue was brought to my attention.

Ultimately, the rules are the same even if you have 10 other people that remember otherwise. Obviously, they were only paying attention to the matches, instead of how the ruling was made.

I also care about other people and fair tournaments unlike you apparently. Of course I'm going to be upset when I drove all the way from austin just to find out the rules were different. I guarantee that if you posted the actual ruleset you used online you would have less people attending. You are just being stuck up about it. The way you ran this tournament was not fair to the players at all and it's extremely obvious you don't give a **** about us.
Less people like you attending? How is that a bad thing?

Even if the finals were a best out of 5 with two sets, Razer won 3 matches in a row. So don't pretend like that outcome would have been any different.

It was fair, and you helped make it this way.

Especially considering the fact that you could of just TOLD me there was time restrictions and it would of been fine. Instead you were determined to justify your rules and argue with the people attending your tournament. You should try listening for once.
My rules? Or your rules? or our rules?

You should try writing a better sbr doc.

Don't expect anyone in Austin or probably Houston to be attending your events again. Not that you care.
I never expected them to come. It was a surprise that you even showed up in the first place. A welcomed surprise for the attendees, but not for the complaining.

Oh and by the way:
Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit <------
Wario Ware

This tournament was not SBR certified so I would appreciate it if you would take that out of the titles if you are going to use this ruleset for future tournaments.
"recommended" "closely"

And I'll be sure to make the SBR certified even larger. Thanks.

In spite of what you're saying the rules are NOT clearly posted anywhere. You placed them on a table away from any source of regular gameplay or normal activity and expected them to be recognized and upheld by players from out of town when they are not posted anywhere on this forum either. This is poor work on YOUR PART and not anyone else's. Several of the regulars at your tournaments were under the same impression about several of the rules and you're still trying to argue and say it's OUR fault?

I'd elaborate more on other issues (winner's being 3 games instead of 5, the stage banning process, etc) but I actually don't see the point any more. The fact of the matter is that people drove several hours to attend this tournament and you treated them like **** and I don't see how I can further support this tournament series because of that.
I placed the rules away from gameplay/normal activity? You mean, the table that everyone stands right next to when reporting matches? You mean the table that's right next to registration? It's your responsibility to ask where/what the rules are if you're blind/don't know them.

Out of towners. Down the streeters. I treat all smashers equally. If you have a question, I'll answer it. If there's a dispute, I go by the rules. If a change needs to be made, it's made by the next tournament.

Don't get upset because you and people like you have been misleading others. The rules are simple. They're SBR certified. And aside from a few level additions and the stalling addendum, they haven't changed. The same pieces of paper that I printed out for PBT#1 are in my bag. They're the same rules I pull out every time. It's people like you that think they know what they're talking about and now many are confused. This is YOUR fault.

If you're not going to come, then I might as well implement my new metaknight rule.

How many PBT's in a row now have there been serious rule disputes? No one travels to North Texas tournaments from far away anyway, and you've just given us the worst word of mouth we could have possibly gotten. If there isn't a clearly posted, thorough set of rules ONLINE, IN ADVANCE, you're going to be losing a lot of participants. Have fun doing round robin because only 6 people showed up.
How many in a row? Is that relevant? How about how many disputes total have we had. That's a better question. Or better yet, how many disputes were started by or involve Infinity? That's 100% of the disputes. If not 100%, something very close to that percentage.

And for the record. I welcome Infinity to come back. He knows he has fun at PBT. He knows I go out of my way to make accommodations and rule changes for him and the issues he raises.

People traveling from afar to PBT is not my goal. PBT is a local tournament. If you want to drive for hours to get here, then it's your responsibility to know what you're getting into. If you have any questions, then you should ask me the TO. Otherwise, you're just taking your chances.

If you wanted rules posted ONLINE and IN ADVANCE, then why didn't YOU/ANYONE say something about that after PBT 1 -7? I ask for feedback and I get very few constructive comments. I give out my email for questions and comments, and I haven't received a single one.

There are no standards for posting rules online. If you're the kind of person who MUST see rules posted in advance, then you should have emailed me and I would have posted the rules promptly. If you're the kind of person who freaks out over any small difference in the rules, then you should have asked to see them at the tournament.

If all I'm losing are the participants who can't read well, and complain about small issues then PBT will be all the better for it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Your rule set was pretty close to the rule set outlined by the SBR, but the parts that break it from being certified IMO is this:

1. Stages allowed.

You can be flexible about including most stages, but if a stage is under the banned category for the SBR then I think that is off limits. You had some borderline CP stages like Skyworld, which is fine the TO can decide on stages that fall under Counterpick-Banned and Neutral-Counterpick. However, I don't think recommended banned stages should be allowed (unless both players agree to play there), even if you only allow a few.

2. Finals.

I'm fine with Loser's Finals being 2/3, especially if it was because of time constraints. However, I think making the Grand Finals one set best 3/5 is not cool. Part of the incentive/advantage for winning Winner's Finals is that when you get to Grand Finals, your opponent has to win 2 sets while you only have to win one. Otherwise there's no point in trying in Winner's Finals if you aren't gonna be disadvantaged in the GF's.

Under your ruleset, Melee1 could have won 3 games and he would be declared the winner, even though he came from Loser's Finals. Basically you put them on even ground instead of giving Razer a clear set advantage. Even if you are crunched on time, you shouldn't compromise that part. If worst comes to worst, they either don't play and work out a split or they take the prize money and play it out at someone's house where they would have more time to do the full sets.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Sigh, I played another camping wait for smart fart wario online again today. This **** is rediculously boring.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
lol pbt

As someone who lived in the Dallas metro area for 18 years of his life, I truly apologize to you, O faithful out-of-county players.

<3 Dallas/G-Krew tho

hollar back??????????

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I placed the rules away from gameplay/normal activity? You mean, the table that everyone stands right next to when reporting matches? You mean the table that's right next to registration? It's your responsibility to ask where/what the rules are if you're blind/don't know them.
No, I mean the table that's just to the right of where nobody was at. The only people that are regularly over there are you and your brother dude. Everyone is at the TVs playing most of the time and the table you had the rules set out at was around the corner in a relatively obscure area that you couldn't even actively see from the lounge which is where most of the action is at. I even made a peaceful recommendation to you about where you could post the rules so that literally no one could possibly miss them and you just dismissed the idea without even giving it a second thought.

Out of towners. Down the streeters. I treat all smashers equally. If you have a question, I'll answer it. If there's a dispute, I go by the rules. If a change needs to be made, it's made by the next tournament.
I don't see why you wouldn't make some kind of accommodation for people who traveled over 400 miles to come to your tournament. (per Google maps, it's 185 from Austin to Houston and 239 from Houston to Dallas; Hylian drove roughly 424 miles to come to this)

Don't get upset because you and people like you have been misleading others. The rules are simple. They're SBR certified. And aside from a few level additions and the stalling addendum, they haven't changed. The same pieces of paper that I printed out for PBT#1 are in my bag. They're the same rules I pull out every time. It's people like you that think they know what they're talking about and now many are confused. This is YOUR fault.
No, the only one to blame is the TO. You say "SBR Certified" and I think "SBR Rules" and not "Rules that kind of remind me of the SBR rules." Stop using the term "SBR Certified" and I assure you that a lot of the confusion will disappear. Display the rules prominently in an area that no one can miss and clearly state in the rules anything that is different from any normal rule set.

It is the player's responsibility to adhere to the rules, but it's even more so the tournament organizer's responsibility to ensure the players have easy access to the rules at the event, ESPECIALLY when there are significant changes to any normal rule set. (finals being 2 out of 3, only playing 1 set for grand finals, being zealously adamant about stage banning)

If you're not going to come, then I might as well implement my new metaknight rule.
...But if you ban the B button then Damien won't be able to play :(:(:(

And for the record. I welcome Infinity to come back. He knows he has fun at PBT. He knows I go out of my way to make accommodations and rule changes for him and the issues he raises.
I do actually have a lot of fun at the tournaments, but it's because of the people that are coming to the tournaments and not because of the tournament itself. I hang out with these guys pretty often and I hate the fact that this tournament series has so many little problems going on at it that cause so many little rifts in the community. Yes, tournaments are fun, but only if the people at the tournament are having fun and not getting into arguments left and right. Having fun isn't the issue, it's always a blast hanging out with the Dallas Smash scene; the issue what's ruining the fun and I don't care to show any support to what I feel has had a negative effect within the community. Once things have smoothed out and I feel comfortable coming again you can expect me to show up, but I don't see that happening for a while given your response to what we're telling you.

Edit - Thien is super pro <3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sigh, I played another camping wait for smart fart wario online again today. This **** is rediculously boring.
It might be boring, but it works. That's a more than fair trade off for Wario IMO; get grabbed/hit and you get *****, don't get grabbed/hit and you ****.

Luckily Wario is hard to use properly or we would see a lot of people trying to main him now lol.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, I mean the table that's just to the right of where nobody was at. The only people that are regularly over there are you and your brother dude. Everyone is at the TVs playing most of the time and the table you had the rules set out at was around the corner in a relatively obscure area that you couldn't even actively see from the lounge which is where most of the action is at. I even made a peaceful recommendation to you about where you could post the rules so that literally no one could possibly miss them and you just dismissed the idea without even giving it a second thought.
Yeah. The table we gather around to start the tournament off. The table that you have to walk around to get to the window tv. And the table that you walk past/stand next to when you want to sit down and eat.

I don't have time to take recommendations and suggestion about every little thing while I'm running the tournament. I prioritize issues. This means that cleaning up after the participants, calling matches, hooking up stations, managing food, and playing my matches are all more important than worrying about moving a sheet of paper around.

And if you must know, all the other times you've gotten upset and created an issue about rules (because they're mostly caused by you) the surrounding participants who also put in their 2 cents on the issues referred to the rules that were posted on the table. I've seen people reading the rules posted before. I've shown you where the rules are before. You've read them off of the table. You have no excuse.

I don't see why you wouldn't make some kind of accommodation for people who traveled over 400 miles to come to your tournament. (per Google maps, it's 185 from Austin to Houston and 239 from Houston to Dallas; Hylian drove roughly 424 miles to come to this)
Like I said, I treat the locals like I do the travelers. Rules are rules.

I try to let the participants decide how they want to play as much as possible. If both players agree to it, I don't mind if they play with items on or play the same stage for 3 matches. But when it's 10pm and we've run out of time, accommodations can't be made. At that point, we stick to the rules.

The outcome of the finals would have been the same. Melee1 didn't mind. Razer seemed happy with his victory. I don't understand how all of this comes from the winners/losers finals only being a best out of 3. If the final 3 or so participants are upset, there's still around 40 people who weren't involved/don't know what happened/don't care.

I didn't assign a loss to anyone. The sets were played fairly even if you think there should have been more matches. This isn't a big deal.

No, the only one to blame is the TO. You say "SBR Certified" and I think "SBR Rules" and not "Rules that kind of remind me of the SBR rules." Stop using the term "SBR Certified" and I assure you that a lot of the confusion will disappear. Display the rules prominently in an area that no one can miss and clearly state in the rules anything that is different from any normal rule set.
"This list is not meant to be copied and pasted, but instead copied and adjusted to fit each tournaments situation (time limits, regional philosophies, etc.)." SBR

By List the quote is referring to the SBR rules as a whole as evident in the first line "The following list."

Regional philosophies is a big one. Are you prepared and willing to have a debate on MY philosophy?

I don't care what you think when you hear SBR certified. I don't care how you interpret the SBR rules. I only care how it's clearly stated in the rules. You should read the SBR rules again. This idea of a "normal rule set" doesn't apply to being SBR certified or how we do things at PBT.

It is the player's responsibility to adhere to the rules, but it's even more so the tournament organizer's responsibility to ensure the players have easy access to the rules at the event, ESPECIALLY when there are significant changes to any normal rule set. (finals being 2 out of 3, only playing 1 set for grand finals, being zealously adamant about stage banning)
You used the "normal" rule set again. Also, the section I bolded isn't stated in the SBR rules. So, you're just trying to apply your own sense of responsibility on others. "easy access" is subjective. Being "zealously adamant" is not a rule. And the first two are in accordance with the regional philosophy here in Flower Mound.

Not banning the B button. Banning Metaknight.

I do actually have a lot of fun at the tournaments, but it's because of the people that are coming to the tournaments and not because of the tournament itself. I hang out with these guys pretty often and I hate the fact that this tournament series has so many little problems going on at it that cause so many little rifts in the community. Yes, tournaments are fun, but only if the people at the tournament are having fun and not getting into arguments left and right. Having fun isn't the issue, it's always a blast hanging out with the Dallas Smash scene; the issue what's ruining the fun and I don't care to show any support to what I feel has had a negative effect within the community. Once things have smoothed out and I feel comfortable coming again you can expect me to show up, but I don't see that happening for a while given your response to what we're telling you.
By so many little problems, you mean... all the little problems you've created?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Seriously, KirbyKid? You don't see ANY problem with changing the rules, calling it "SBR certified," and then just assuming everyone found out about it? By using the term "SBR certified," you're implying that it follows certain rules. To be a responsible TO, it is your job to make sure people know these changes, and just putting it on a paper and not telling anyone is not a good enough job. You're really abusing the term "recommended" to try to save face. The fact that you can change it doesn't mean you don't need to inform us better.

If you need us to ask you for an online ruleset, consider this me asking. PUT YOUR ENTIRE RULESET ONLINE. That includes stages allowed, how many matches will be played in all sets, the exact definition of stalling, etc.

CY

Smash Ace
SBR rules are lol

wario is lol

...But if you ban the B button then Damien won't be able to play- that statement made me laugh pretty **** hard ahahahahaha. *watches the MM of me and infinity*.. wait a minute i'm on to something now

does it really matter about being SBR certified? SBR isn't the end all be all ruleset.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
If anything, it's Snake that's all B. Meta Knights A moves are what makes him good, the B's are pretty useful but not game breaking.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman

. Once things have smoothed out and I feel comfortable coming again you can expect me to show up, but I don't see that happening for a while given your response to what we're telling you.

Edit - Thien is super pro <3
So true, I love the little red sucker. (see what I did there :bee: )

Just playing with chances here, but I'm predicting 100% kirbykid's demise that we'll see Infinity in a couple weeks.

Yes, THIEN THIEN THIEN! SO PROOOOOO.

dmg: your right. It's tough playing wario. He has no ground game and must resort to pushing the brawl engine's defensive behavior to it's limits.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
If 10 out of 45 people are upset, that means there's still 35 people I'd rather smash with. I don't cut deals for complainers and babies.

You can be stuck on having had a poor experience (right at the end of it all too), but that doens't make me a bad TO. Weeding out junk like this is going to clean up PBT one way or the other.

Now you've heard of one.
In the midst of all the other noise being made in this thread, this defiant statement strikes me as the most poignant. As a tournament organizer, should you not at the very least consider that there is a possibility that you may have dropped the ball? The point I'm trying to draw attention to isn't whether or not you wittingly or unwittingly did anything wrong, but rather your approach in diffusing the situation. You have given no trace of consideration regarding the validity of the other side's argument, or even conceded to even the mere fact that your custom rule set was not made clear. To me, this demonstrates how stubborn and obtuse you are as far as TO flexibility and your capacity to listen are concerned.

You can rationalize this all as an attempt to weed out people who you hastily label as "complainers" and "babies" as much as you would like, but I have to question your ultimate goals as a tournament organizer when these people happen to include Hylian and Infinity, two of the best players in the entire Southwest. You might think you're being fair and just by treating everyone equally, but the reality of the matter is that you're just being lofty and idealistic; to put these guys or any other of the top players from the Dallas metro area on level playing field with the "other 30-40" participants in your tournaments is daft. These guys are the ones who make your tournaments as competitive as they are, and they are the reason for both your quasi decent turn-outs (and, in turn, modestly large pot sizes) and the presence of having brand name draws at your events. These are also the people consistently dominating your Top 10, while you and everyone else meanders elsewhere far, far away on the final results.

These are the people who are guiding the trajectory of the Texas meta-game, and will eventually outpace other states in our region in being the top-level players other states around the country will look to whenever they consider making trips down south to throw down with some real talent.

Realistically, these are the people that you should be taking care of the most.

But I guess this where we diverge in philosophies as tournament organizers: I'm more concerned with maintaining respectable regional influence and bolstering national representation by consistently drawing and pleasing the heaviest hitters around our parts. That's fine if the aim of your Prince Bistro Tournament series doesn't extend very far beyond simply having fun and doing neat things on universally banned stages like Skyworld. Everyone knows the score now. Participation (or lack thereof) will be adjusted accordingly.

I <3 Death Note.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
10 people eh? How about the other 30-40 that have been attending PBT? You don't have to trust me if you don't want to. But if you want to play with numbers... 30-40>10.
You say there are so many more people who are supporting your side of the argument...but where are their posts? There may be some people who shrug off the discrepancies in your ruleset, but you and your brother are the only ones who actually like them. Not a single person I've seen or heard has said that they like the rules you have.

Even if the finals were a best out of 5 with two sets, Razer won 3 matches in a row. So don't pretend like that outcome would have been any different.

How is grand finals being one set only fair in any way shape or form? Just because it went the way that makes your rules no different from the norm this time doesn't mean the rule is fair. Neither of the participants would've been satisfied if Melee1 had won the set and stolen first place.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think after 10 people told me that you just lied to me because those people themselves have played out grand finals and have played 3/5 sets in winners and losers before I didn't really feel the need to go around asking random people that I don't know, especially when the people I didn't ask have probably not even made it to the finals and wouldn't likely know anyways. Where are all these people that agree with you? Why is no one backing you up?

Check this out...
While it is always up to the Tournament Organizers (TO) to determine the rules that best fit their tournaments, we recommend these rules be used as a base guideline to new and experienced TO's alike.

Any rule-list that closely follows this guideline may include a note in its opening post (suggested beneath the tournaments title in smaller font) that reads "SBR Certified".

Basically, the SBR ruleset has a bit of flexibility. This means, I can change a few things here and there and still be considered "closely" following the recommendations. I wouldn't use the word recommendations and closely unless I acknowledged this lenient grey area/possibility.
Check this out:

The SBR ruleset is a GUIDELINE. It's litterally IMPOSSIBLE to copy and paste it and have a ruleset that makes any sense. When we say that the ruleset may be altered and you may put "SBR-certified" we mean altered WITHIN the guidelines. You HAVE to alter the guideline to make it into a ruleset. Your tournament did not have an SBR certified ruleset. The summit was allow(which is in the banned category) and you did not allow the person who won the winners bracket a shot in losers. Grand finals shouldn't even be played until every is out of the winners bracket which is why there are two sets. One to knock the person into losers and one for the final set. Reguardless of any semantic arguments I am telling you right now as a leader of the SBR that you were not using a SBR-certified ruleset.

Word are important. As an english major, I know how important a single word or tense can be when writing a poem, story, rules, or even legal documents. It's the reason why laywers/english majors are paid big bucks to pour over every single word of legal docs. The difference between referring to a corporation/business as it or they makes ALL the difference in the world to a layer fighting to defend a business with the same laws that apply to people.

The bottom line is the SBR rules are written very poorly. There are holes all over the place.

You said you helped write them. So I blame you.
"Word are important"

Brilliant move Kirbykid.

I never said I helped write the rules, I said I helped make them. I'm here right now clarifying anything you might not understand because of the wording(which so far I have only seen you complain about).

I don't care what you do. It's your responsibility. It's your choice. It's your problem.

I didn't post a different ruleset online.

According to the exact wording in the SBR document, my rules are in fact SBR certified. They may not be to your liking, but once again.... it's your responsibility. It's your choice (to come). And it's your problem.
This is exactly my problem with you. You don't give a **** about anyone attending your tournaments. I drove over 400 miles to your tournament bringing people from houston even trying to get other people interested in travelling to Dallas. Honestly I wouldn't of had a problem at all if you just apoligized for having to run the tournament that way without notifying anyone online but instead you just argue with me and insult me.

What an amazing TO you are.

And again, the rules were not SBR certified. Summit was allowed, a character was banned in teams, the brackets were not ran correctly...yeah.

All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

What out for the word "recommended." It can turn any "you must do this" into "it's optional."

And I don't care what you think the rules "mean." If it's not explicitly stated, then you're only inviting confusion, misinterpretation, and variance to the rules.
If you can't understand that the entire SBR ruleset is reccomended and that word is used reguarding the whole guideline then you might want to reevaluate your worth as an english major.

Marcus, aka. Yokoson, already handed this one. Don't be bitter cause you didn't/couldn't follow the rules you helped create.
Do things like this make you feel good about yourself? I am bitter because of your attitude, not the rule and the snide "Basically we get to go whereever we want!" comment before our set. Being rude to the people who attend your tournaments doesn't sit well with me.

Speak for yourself. If "other teams" told you something, then I want quotes and names. Otherwise, don't bother. I respect people who follow the rules. Technically, whether knowingly or unknowingly, you were trying to cheat.
Now you are accusing me of cheating? What knowledge could I possibly gain during our first match that would allow me to know what stage to ban? I digress though, I don't really care about this I just cared about your attitude reguarding the matter.

Using the rules to gain an advantage. Sounds like fair play to me.
Changing the rules to give yourself an advantage rather then to support your community; Sounds like a horrible TO to me.

What explains the losers finals is all in the word "recommended" and "closely." Battles in court are won and lost around the meanings of simple words like this. These two words have doomed your side of the argument.
Not when they are reffering to the ruleset itself being reccomended. I don't care as much about the 2/3 thing. It's the grand finals that upset me.

So basically, you refuse to listen to any input to increase the amount of people attending your tournaments? Great.
What? I had an amazing time. Dallas players are fun. That doesn't stop me from complaining when I found out that the rules were different then the ones posted online after I drove 400+ miles.

The numbers game again? As I've said before, when we've had time and when both of the players agree, we're more than willing to let the finalists determine the winner how they want. Whether this means putting items. Playing random characters. Or playing a possible two best out of 5 sets. But, those allowances are always a case by case issue. Also, these allowances were only made when the issue was brought to my attention.
Right, and you could of just said: "I'm sorry but due to time constraints they can only play one set". I would of been perfectly fine with that. Instead you argue with me.
Ultimately, the rules are the same even if you have 10 other people that remember otherwise. Obviously, they were only paying attention to the matches, instead of how the ruling was made.
Right, and if the matches were really played how they told me they were then where were you?

Less people like you attending? How is that a bad thing?
It's bad because I attract other players and have alot of influence. I'm also very generous and drove all the way to houston from austin just to take people to your tourament.
I'm not. I don't care about the outcome, I care about fairness.
It wasn't fair, and you don't have reading comprehension.

You should try writing a better sbr doc.
You shoud try being less of a ****.

I never expected them to come. It was a surprise that you even showed up in the first place. A welcomed surprise for the attendees, but not for the complaining.
I only complained for about 2 minutes right before we left because I was under the impression that the rules were the same ones posted online and that you were shafting the players. I obviously had nothin to gain out of pointing this out, I did it for the players.

And I'll be sure to make the SBR certified even larger. Thanks.
I hope you realize I'm not joking and if you refuse to take SBR-certified out of your tournaments that are not SBR-certified then I will do so myself, and if you change it again I will talk to JV about it. As a person in charge of the SBR I am respectfully asking you to not include "SBR-Certified" into your ruleset unless it follows our guideline. I will not have people falsifying our ruleset.

It's not my fault you don't know what SBR-Certified rules are. The banning of a charcter, stages added from our ban lists, and the grand finals not fully being played out are definitly not SBR-Certified. I have already clarified this with others in the SBR and I am telling you right now that reguardless of your semantic arguements your ruleset was not SBR-certified.

There are no standards for posting rules online. If you're the kind of person who MUST see rules posted in advance, then you should have emailed me and I would have posted the rules promptly. If you're the kind of person who freaks out over any small difference in the rules, then you should have asked to see them at the tournament.

If all I'm losing are the participants who can't read well, and complain about small issues then PBT will be all the better for it.
There is very much so standards for posting tournament rules. Maybe you should take a look at the tournament listing and discussion forums. Insulting me isn't going to do anything.

Again, please do not put "SBR-Certified" in your tournaments if they do not follow our guideline.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
kirbykid, you may be the first person we have to punish for openly lying about being SBR-certified.

A double elimination tournament, by definition, has a winner's and loser's bracket. When you lose in the winner's bracket, you go to loser's. When you lose in the loser's bracket, you are out of the tournament. The "Grand finals" (aka championship match) is after the winner's finals (leaving one person in winner's bracket) and after the loser's finals (happens after WF, leaves one person in loser's bracket). The TWO remaining players play, with one being in the loser's. If the player in the loser's bracket wins, it knocks the winner into the winner's bracket. GFinals cannot be a set of one.

I'd go on, but most of it has been said. You can't pick and choose. It says that the finals should be at LEAST a best of 5 format... going below that is unacceptable.

I'm gonna hve to figure out what to do with you, we didn't think anyone would ever actually go out of their way to distort the ruleset.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Haha, KirbyKid screwed up so bad mods are descending on this topic like vultures.

Ban skyworld, ya get summit. Ban summit...you get skyworld. /cry
This statement is indicative of another problem I have. The rules seem to change all the time, and they seem to change to benefit you. Summit and Skyworld are BANNED, but they are legal at your tourney. Oh, look at that, the characters you play do really well on those stages. Big surprise.

MK is banned in teams? Hmm, that wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you consistently lose to that team, would it?

And what the hell was up with the seeding last time? As far as I can tell, there was none. If you want to run a tournament without seeding, fine. Just make it a hardline stance, because in other PBT's I've seen skill levels assigned to players so they would be bracketed properly.

Even the way you compressed the end of the last tourney bothered me. If you'd just said "Guys, we're out of time, we have to do it this way," it would have been fine. We're reasonable people, we would have understood. By saying "No, we've always done it this way," when there are a dozen people who KNOW that's not how we've done it, is just stupid. Just man up and admit you were wrong, there's no reason to drag this out anymore. If you just say you made a mistake, and will clarify ALL the rules in the future, we'll be cool about it and keep coming to your tournaments. There's no reason you have to go through all of this.

Top Bottom