• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prima Strategy Guide Tiers

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm sorry, what? Throwing ability 10? Offense 8?! Defense 7 (have they ever heard of edgeguarding?)?!
OH NOEZ, NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T USE EDGE GUARDING AND DO ADBIDE BY MY RULES THUS THEIR N00BS :_;

Seriously, Smashboards has yet (and probably never will) learned this. Not everyone plays by your rules. They have their own. Capt. Falcon is good for some people. They can use him. But they also don't play by your ruleset or your ways.

Accept that Smashboards is not the God that rules over Smash. People play how they want becuase this is a party/fighting game.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
OH NOEZ, NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T USE EDGE GUARDING AND DO ADBIDE BY MY RULES THUS THEIR N00BS :_;

Seriously, Smashboards has yet (and probably never will) learned this. Not everyone plays by your rules. They have their own. Capt. Falcon is good for some people. They can use him. But they also don't play by your ruleset or your ways.

Accept that Smashboards is not the God that rules over Smash. People play how they want becuase this is a party/fighting game.
If he's just some noob who plays 'in his own way', why is he making a tier list!?

Them being good with Captain Falcon doesn't change the inherant abilites that make him what he is (A pile of suck). If you want to show me a higher authority of Smash than Smashboards and the SBR then please point me in that direction ( I swear to god if you even THINK of SRK I will think I might slaughter everything in a 15 mile radius). I'm sure it's safe to say we're a bigger authority on Smash than Prima and whoever the heck made this crap. They shouldn't be rating them if they don't have a ****ing clue on how to play. Nintendo didn't do that for Melee's guide, all they did was rate their attributes and since they were the makers of the game, it was an obvious fact. There's a reason bad and unintelligent smashers like those who litter the general boards don't decide major things in the comunnity like Tier lists or Rulesets. following.

SaxDude93

Smash Apprentice
They obviously have no idea what they're talking about. It's a Melee tier list with Brawl characters slapped on in random places. I mean, Meta Knight and Ike in low tier? And Kirby on the bottom?
To be fair, the guy got a couple things right. Like Ike in low, Samus in low, Tink in high, Lucario in middle, and Zamus in mid.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

You must've missed the part where the author of the guide claims to be a Competitive Smash player and that he's "in-the-know" about Smash.

Also, if you don't play the game Competitively and know how to accurately judge the tools each characters have, what the heck are you doing doing just that? People like that shouldn't be making power-rankings.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord

Who the f**k said anything about rules? You obviously have no idea that Yuna was making a point about how ridiculously easy it is to gimp Captain Falcon.

If there is a God that rules over the Smash series, I'm willing to bet SmashBoards is it. Name a community focused on Smash that is larger and more experienced. However, that doesn't mean SmashBoards is forcing tournament rules on people who would rather play with different rules. Such rules are set in place in order to provide a fair criteria to try and make sure the more skilled player in a match wins more consistently. If you're not competing in a tournament setting, you don't have to play by tournament rules.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Wow....

What a sad excuse for a tier list...

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Prima sucks, hands down.
Ever read their Sonic guide? They say he has virtually no horizontal recovery.

FAIL

SaxDude93

Smash Apprentice
Are you high? Ike is atleast lower middle.
I'm sick of noobs coming into this board and other boards complaining about how overpowered this guy is when the player doesn't know how to shield or dodge. It's sad how such an underpowered character gets all this undeserved praise.

Ike is truly the noob killer of brawl. He's so predictable, he's to slow and his recover is garbage. He's got his range and power but all of his good killing moves are also his good damage moves(ftilt bair). This is a serious problem because he's never gonna kill with his fsmash, usmash, dair, dtilt and dsmash. Those moves are simply to slow or/and situational. This is a problem because Ike's ftilt is his best combat move and killer so the damage and knockback reduction rule will affect him greatly.

This also applies to his bair but it's somewhat predictable because he's jumping to accomplish this move. His other aerials are also predictable and easy to avoid because they're not as fast or as strong as his bair. Shield pressuring also doesn't apply to Ike because he's even to slow for that! It's quite sad the way Ike can't chase, combo and edge guard well because he's to slow and most characters can stall easily to counter shield pressuring tactics.

His edge guarding sucks because he has horrible aerial DI and his moves are predictable and will be air dodged. His moves are all mediocre as well. B: to predictable and easy to avoid. B>:predictable as an attack and bad as a recovery move. B^:Spamming doesn't work because you can just shield and grab. When your above him you can simply air dodge. As a recovery move it's atrocious. His counter is the worst counter in the game and is just an overall bad move. Let's face it Ike doesn't even have good grabs because they're all weak and can't combo. Ike has absolutely nothing going for him. No grab game, bad Bmoves, bad recovery and isn't heavy enough to contemplate for it, bad recovery and a surprising amount of trouble killing due to slowness, predictable and damage clause.

PS:His jab combo is decent but easy to grab Ike out of.

PCHU

Smash Lord
He's just angry because Ike beat his best character...
Kidding.

Anyway, if Ike truly and honestly is LOW tier, then I can't wait until I win a tournament, and laugh everyone in their face.
Seriously, Ike can take down anyone, it just depends on the player.
Played properly, Ike and Lucas are pretty good matchups for anyone.
Wolf is also GREAT, if used correctly.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........
lol, and yes I saw that. Very funny.

Spiteful Link

Smash Rookie
I'd buy that book if I wanted to read comedy as opposed to a real guide.

But why pay for comedy like that when you can get it for free on DA INTERNETS, bane of copyrighted and intellectual property? =D

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyway, if Ike truly and honestly is LOW tier, then I can't wait until I win a tournament, and laugh everyone in their face.
You never will.

Seriously, Ike can take down anyone, it just depends on the player.
No he can't and just no. He's pretty bad. He's the Melee-Bowser of Brawl.

Played properly, Ike and Lucas are pretty good matchups for anyone.
Wolf is also GREAT, if used correctly.
No they aren't.

old king coal

Smash Journeyman
I'm sick of noobs coming into this board and other boards complaining about how overpowered this guy is when the player doesn't know how to shield or dodge. It's sad how such an underpowered character gets all this undeserved praise.

Ike is truly the noob killer of brawl. He's so predictable, he's to slow and his recover is garbage. He's got his range and power but all of his good killing moves are also his good damage moves(ftilt bair). This is a serious problem because he's never gonna kill with his fsmash, usmash, dair, dtilt and dsmash. Those moves are simply to slow or/and situational. This is a problem because Ike's ftilt is his best combat move and killer so the damage and knockback reduction rule will affect him greatly.

This also applies to his bair but it's somewhat predictable because he's jumping to accomplish this move. His other aerials are also predictable and easy to avoid because they're not as fast or as strong as his bair. Shield pressuring also doesn't apply to Ike because he's even to slow for that! It's quite sad the way Ike can't chase, combo and edge guard well because he's to slow and most characters can stall easily to counter shield pressuring tactics.

His edge guarding sucks because he has horrible aerial DI and his moves are predictable and will be air dodged. His moves are all mediocre as well. B: to predictable and easy to avoid. B>:predictable as an attack and bad as a recovery move. B^:Spamming doesn't work because you can just shield and grab. When your above him you can simply air dodge. As a recovery move it's atrocious. His counter is the worst counter in the game and is just an overall bad move. Let's face it Ike doesn't even have good grabs because they're all weak and can't combo. Ike has absolutely nothing going for him. No grab game, bad Bmoves, bad recovery and isn't heavy enough to contemplate for it, bad recovery and a surprising amount of trouble killing due to slowness, predictable and damage clause.

PS:His jab combo is decent but easy to grab Ike out of.
This.

Originally Posted by PCHU
Originally Posted by Yuna
You never will.
also, this. sorry PCHU. take it as a compliment that i sigged you *looks to my signature*

Ban3

Smash Journeyman
is fighting for his friends at Sugar Land TEXAS
You know, I would die laughing if that list ended up being the actual tier list several years from now.
......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,...... ............

bioniclekid8

Smash Cadet
kirby bottem tier ??????????????????????????????????

(no, i don't main kirby, but my best friend does, and he's very good with kirby)

Zenthewanderer

Smash Apprentice
You know, the writer was not only inexperienced in Brawl but also wasn't trying to make a Tier list. Its a rough value based on extremely basic statistics. Why take it so seriously? Plenty of beginners find that type of thing useful. I'd like to imagine only beginners buy guides like that.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know, the writer was not only inexperienced in Brawl but also wasn't trying to make a Tier list. Its a rough value based on extremely basic statistics. Why take it so seriously? Plenty of beginners find that type of thing useful. I'd like to imagine only beginners buy guides like that.
The thing is that those basic statistics are horribly wrong, which in turn yielded this horrendous tierlist. But the statistics are still horribly wrong and I've always made sure to attack the statistics and not the compiled quasi-tierlist it resulted in.

I mean, come on! Take a look at Captain Falcon's stats!

Top Bottom