• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
How to predict Nintendo's next move:
Imagine your favorite character getting in, maybe even multiple character DLC and a map! Then forget all that nonsense and tone it down to a couple of Mii outfits and maybe a map if they're feeling generous. Predicted.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
How to predict Nintendo's next move:
Imagine your favorite character getting in, maybe even multiple character DLC and a map! Then forget all that nonsense and tone it down to a couple of Mii outfits and maybe a map if they're feeling generous. Predicted.
=Me not buying anything made by Nintendo again as a result of my anger at them for deceptive advertising

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Sorry I am just not tolerant of companies doing stupid crap like what Foxy Renegade suggested, They stated "Possibly added as a Smash fighter", not as a "Mii Costume", which is a costume for another fighter,

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
Back on the topic of Krystal.

If/when Krystal gets smashified, I wonder what design they'll use.
I prefer the flight suit over her tribal attire.

So... flight suit + staff.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if he set the shot up as soon as he realized the art was showing up during that game. He is a known Krystal supporter, after all...
Has anyone even asked if he noticed that, let alone said anything about it? I didnt see any comment pertaining to it as ridiculous as it sounds coming from me.
I just think it'd be silly to hear some response from him as much as if I got a proper response from Nintendo if I sent them a letter with presents

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Back on the topic of Krystal.

If/when Krystal gets smashified, I wonder what design they'll use.
I prefer the flight suit over her tribal attire.

So... flight suit + staff.
They haven't taken very many liberties with the characters they've done. Sure there was some nifty changes with Bomberman, but he was the only render they really left their mark on outside the quality of the render itself. I think it's going to be something official now. Adventures tribal costume. It's the edgiest one, the most risque one and I would say the most iconic iteration of Krystal. We'll see in due time. For the record, I myself would like an Assault suit with flight jacket combo, as the Smash Bros. model and the Smashified render.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
There's only so much I can do left now that it's a day before this all ends, imo it's best to go all out on both Foxes end and the main section, not sure on Falcos end. Mentioning it on Star Fox Commands page may help too.

WVW69icQ6_A4XcEnvN.png
WVW69icRAu8VLVl6d_.png
WVW69icRHU4ZJ_ea6q.png

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
btw, they've found 3 placeholder slots in the new update.
Wait really?! So th at makes five new slots for characters then!

There's only so much I can do left now that it's a day before this all ends, imo it's best to go all out on both Foxes end and the main section, not sure on Falcos end. Mentioning it on Star Fox Commands page may help too.

View attachment 76062 View attachment 76063 View attachment 76064
Oh I love those a lot. Really love the bottom one. Makes it look like she is Sasuke with the Mangekyou Sharingan which is double nice for me since Sasuke is my favorite character from Naruto and this makes Krystal all the more badass. :3

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
No, just 3. They found one more. I meant they found 3 in total.
Yeah. I just found that pout and came to edit my post. Lol
Anyway. That still means that Sakurai and the team can still add more characters since they just increased the "slot" amount and people can stop acting like two new characters is the hard limit now.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The extra Mario is a good sign. I have to admit, I was worried we would only get two characters. 3 benefits everyone involved. There may still be room for another seeing how this was added after the last update. Perhaps they'll feel they've made enough progress to keep the train going for a fourth.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Here's a crazy theory, not about this datamine thing, but for the game in general. Supposedly this is the last game, but lets face it this series is one of the most profitable games Nintendo puts out there, and to make this short I almost bet that once the NX comes about, they'll make a version of this game that practically outclasses the original two. In other words the Street Fighter/Blazblue situation, where they keep releasing the same game, but have major differences in each new release.

I dont know much about Blazblue, i'm not really big into it as much as I did buy one of the games at the time, but I know for a fact the roster has expanded significantly, street fighter I believe also has as well.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Here's a crazy theory, not about this datamine thing, but for the game in general. Supposedly this is the last game, but lets face it this series is one of the most profitable games Nintendo puts out there, and to make this short I almost bet that once the NX comes about, they'll make a version of this game that practically outclasses the original two. In other words the Street Fighter/Blazblue situation, where they keep releasing the same game, but have major differences in each new release.

I dont know much about Blazblue, i'm not really big into it as much as I did buy one of the games at the time, but I know for a fact the roster has expanded significantly, street fighter I believe also has as well.
So Sakurai and Nintendo pull a CC2 with Smash and each new game being the same with some differences and new fighters?

Hell. Yes!

At least with Nintendo and Sakurai they will patch/balance the game unlike CC2.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

I think it's more likely they'd release a "Complete Edition" of Smash 4, with all the DLC included. If Sakurai didn't want the rosters to be different between the 3DS and Wii U versions, I doubt he'd let it slide for a theoretical NX version.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the three character slots is good for the Star Fox series representation as a whole. That way if Wolf gets in we can at least say he didn't take any newcomer's slot, dumb as that argument is. He's still not guaranteed though.

Plus the ballot doesn't register what characters people DON'T want so Krystal's infamous hate-base has nothing. We may be surprised yet, pleasantly or no.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And that doesn't even include the impact of the fact that they just added a placeholder. If they've done it once, who's to say they couldn't again? These three are no more certainly the entirely of what we're getting than the two we started with were.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'll be honest, I hope and expect more than just three more DLC characters. I wanted to see a couple more characters announced pre-ballot. Now it appears we're into the ballot and there's more questions as to what all we could get. I think the lack of another wave of pre-ballot means there's more riding on the ballot for everyone.

I was really hoping for Wolf in particular. Ideally, he'd be out of the way so that Krystal would have a clear shot at the ballot. Without the pre-ballot assist, the next best scenario is for both Wolf and Krystal to get in together. While I believe in this possibility, it really depends on getting much more than just three more characters total.

Think of it this way, if we're to get only three more DLC characters, what are the odds that more than half of them would come from Star Fox? I know we've discussed that series representation isn't a concern of Sakurai's necessarily, but still... there's just something unbalanced about that. It's why ideally I believe we should get 5 or 6 more DLC characters for Krystal and Wolf getting in together to be more believable. I'd most definitely take more, 5 just feels like the workable minimum to me. 6 is a nice blend of being a good amount but still being believable. More DLC characters than that is just gravy.

And then there's K. Rool and Dixie too. Odd that when you look at the top 10, nearly half of the characters are from the same two series. I can definitely see Sakurai preferring to have diversity even in series representation however. If K. Rool, Dixie, Wolf, and Krystal all got in the game... well, it'll feel unbalanced in the favor of just two series unless the total number of DLC characters is 6 or more. Although, I have to admit when I think about a top 5 for me, it's hard not to include these 4. We know K. Rool is popular and Wolf is a hugely popular vet. Krystal and Dixie are similar in popularity and still top 10 characters and if one got in and not the other, it wouldn't feel right imo. Likewise, it wouldn't feel right if Wolf or K. Rool didn't get in being as popular as they are. It's a bit of a dilemma. We might assume other popular characters like other 3rd parties (including Snake) and ICs might be off the table and after that we basically have Inklings, Isaac, and maybe Bandana Dee or some other slightly less popular than Krystal and Dixie characters to round out a top 10 in addition to the Star Fox and DK reps. I basically just named 7 characters, which might be a magic number... but that's still assuming some popular choices are out.

Btw, for those doubting my optimism right now, let me just say I think if any series is going to get two reps out of this DLC, it's Star Fox. The game coming up making the series relevant. Wolf being an extremely popular vet and easy to implement. The fact that they dropped him to begin with makes it feel like really Star Fox would just be getting one new character in Krystal and Wolf was always on the roster but just arrived late, heh. And of course Krystal on her own merits, and being quite popular too. One character being a vet and the series relevancy is what separates Star Fox from DK imo. Oh, and there's yet a chance that something pre-ballot could happen even after the October 3rd deadline and I certainly believe that more slots will be made available in the game in future updates.

As for my own personal preferences regarding future DLC... I'd be okay not having K. Rool, but I'd put him in a top 5 list just because he's so popular it wouldn't feel right if he didn't make it in. If push came to shove though and it was up to me, I'd choose Dixie over K. Rool. Heck, if it were up to me, as unbalanced as this is, if we only had two slots for the ballot I'd give them to Wolf and Krystal. I mean, I care about people getting who they want to a point, but with just two I have to prioritize my own desires, heh. If I was being really greedy I'd put Snake and Shantae in before any DK rep since I love their games and them. But then I think about how lame it is that DK doesn't have the representation it should and how it has two really popular and interesting characters to offer to the roster. And I think about how Snake has lots to overcome and how Shantae is just an indie character unknown in Japan who's time hasn't yet come perhaps. So basically, I have my own personal top 5 list and the top 5 I feel is fair for most people while still making me happy and being believable. Example...

My Top 5 for Me: Krystal, Wolf, Snake, Shantae, then *Dixie/Isaac/Impa.
The fifth character is enough of a lukewarm thing that I could take any of those three and be happy.

My Top 5 for Everyone: K. Rool, Wolf, Isaac, Krystal, Dixie.
That's basically the top 5 most popular characters after you subtract all third party characters, ICs, and Inklings, at least going off what we know of popular choices. Yeah, I admit it, I'm not an Inklings fan~

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'll be honest, I hope and expect more than just three more DLC characters. I wanted to see a couple more characters announced pre-ballot. Now it appears we're into the ballot and there's more questions as to what all we could get. I think the lack of another wave of pre-ballot means there's more riding on the ballot for everyone.

I was really hoping for Wolf in particular. Ideally, he'd be out of the way so that Krystal would have a clear shot at the ballot. Without the pre-ballot assist, the next best scenario is for both Wolf and Krystal to get in together. While I believe in this possibility, it really depends on getting much more than just three more characters total.

Think of it this way, if we're to get only three more DLC characters, what are the odds that more than half of them would come from Star Fox? I know we've discussed that series representation isn't a concern of Sakurai's necessarily, but still... there's just something unbalanced about that. It's why ideally I believe we should get 5 or 6 more DLC characters for Krystal and Wolf getting in together to be more believable. I'd most definitely take more, 5 just feels like the workable minimum to me. 6 is a nice blend of being a good amount but still being believable. More DLC characters than that is just gravy.

And then there's K. Rool and Dixie too. Odd that when you look at the top 10, nearly half of the characters are from the same two series. I can definitely see Sakurai preferring to have diversity even in series representation however. If K. Rool, Dixie, Wolf, and Krystal all got in the game... well, it'll feel unbalanced in the favor of just two series unless the total number of DLC characters is 6 or more. Although, I have to admit when I think about a top 5 for me, it's hard not to include these 4. We know K. Rool is popular and Wolf is a hugely popular vet. Krystal and Dixie are similar in popularity and still top 10 characters and if one got in and not the other, it wouldn't feel right imo. Likewise, it wouldn't feel right if Wolf or K. Rool didn't get in being as popular as they are. It's a bit of a dilemma. We might assume other popular characters like other 3rd parties (including Snake) and ICs might be off the table and after that we basically have Inklings, Isaac, and maybe Bandana Dee or some other slightly less popular than Krystal and Dixie characters to round out a top 10.

Btw, for those doubting my optimism right now, let me just say I think if any series is going to get two reps out of this DLC, it's Star Fox. The game coming up making the series relevant. Wolf being an extremely popular vet and easy to implement. The fact that they dropped him to begin with makes it feel like really Star Fox would just be getting one new character in Krystal and Wolf was always on the roster but just arrived late, heh. And of course Krystal on her own merits, and being quite popular too. One character being a vet and the series relevancy is what separates Star Fox from DK imo. Oh, and there's yet a chance that something pre-ballot could happen even after the October 3rd deadline and I certainly believe that more slots will be made available in the game in future updates.

As for my own personal preferences regarding future DLC... I'd be okay not having K. Rool, but I've put him in a top 5 list just because he's so popular it wouldn't feel right if he didn't make it in. If push came to shove though and it was up to me, I'd choose Dixie over K. Rool. Heck, if it were up to me, as unbalanced as this is, if we only had two slots for the ballot I'd give them to Wolf and Krystal. I mean, I care about people getting who they want to a point, but with just two I have to prioritize my own desires, heh. If I was being really greedy I'd put Snake and Shantae in before any DK rep since I love their games and them. But then I think about how lame it is that DK doesn't have the representation it should and how it has two really popular and interesting characters to offer to the roster. And I think about how Snake has lots to overcome and how Shantae is just an indie character unknown in Japan who's time hasn't yet come perhaps. So basically, I have my own personal top 5 list and the top 5 I feel is fair for most people while still making me happy and being believable. Example...

My Top 5 for Me: Krystal, Wolf, Snake, Shantae, then *Dixie/Isaac/Impa.
The fifth character is enough of a lukewarm thing that I could take any of those three and be happy.

My Top 5 for Everyone: K. Rool, Wolf, Isaac, Krystal, Dixie.
That's basically the top 5 most popular characters after you subtract all third party characters, ICs, and Inklings, at least going off what we know of popular choices. Yeah, I admit it, I'm not an Inklings fan~
My dream DLC differs wildly from Smashboards' expectations. I don't say this to be an even bigger hipster than I already am, but the truth of the matter is that a Krystal, Snake, Bayonetta, Paper Mario and Dixie lineup isn't what most people would envision as the optimal wave. I'm not willing to base one off of what this forum's tastes are either. After all, Shovel Knight is tearing it up on Reddit and Professor Layton is a force on tumblr. Who knows what the overall demand is like? Millions of people are going to be disappointed no matter what, and if I'm Sakurai, that's an unsettling thought. Still, he now has every excuse to add Krystal.

Her franchise is still breathing, she fills a niche that's currently missing in the roster, and after so many months of voting, showcased a strong level of demand. Demand that's no doubt put to rest once and for all that her popularity was a passing fad. Nintendo can be assured that an investment in this character won't go to waste a year later and that Krystal will continue to be the gift that keeps on giving. I think having confidence that a DLC character can bring in returns over the long run will play a big factor in deciding who gets in. Justmyopinion.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Krystal has remained the prime contender of my big 3 (consisting of her, Ridley and Shantae, with the only 2/5 I got being Little Mac and eventually Mewtwo) since the beginning of speculation for the game. Of course given the circumstances, time and time again, I have humbly accepted the possibility that not even one of them will (ever) make it in. That said, my support and like will never falter.

Though I don't like partaking in speculation in general, I'll admit there's very few characters I wouldn't love getting in, especially considering we're getting anything at all in the first place. Some I take for all but granted, such as Wolf, any DK newcomer (all equally deserving, imo), and another 3rd party (would be putting Snake up above if not for circumstances that seem to plague everything around him), while others I'd be willing to wait on for future Smash games (Inklings, Chibi Robo, Bandana Dee, etc.). While I don't think it's really a "now or never" situation to begin with, I feel there's no better time for Krystal to make an impact. Which is precisely what all this support has led up to, even if she doesn't get chosen. Nintendo can pander to the "fanbase" that only loves the original Star Fox all they like, but they can't keep ignoring the voice of all the fans that want to see the return of one of the series' staple characters (nor those who want to see said series keep moving forward).

That said, pretty soon, all we'll be able to do is wait. That it's almost over is a strangely bittersweet feeling.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Really? This is getting interesting after all. From the datamine there, did it say any files there like the Ryu and Roy files?

Nope, they're all placeholder files (the character ones are Mario dupilicates). The stage files oddly enough are named after Donkey Kong Country Return's Tiki enemies so who knows what that's about?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Layton and Shovel are niche characters with vocal fandoms like Waluigi, from what I have heard most people in Japan haven't the foggiest idea who Shovel Knight is

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We're in uncharted territories when it comes to 3rd parties. In the lead-up to Brawl, Sonic was most requested, in Smash 4's it was Mega Man.

My gut tells me we will get a third party but it could be anyone.

Though unlike some, I think it will only be ONE third party character, even if the 3 character slots become more.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
We're in uncharted territories when it comes to 3rd parties. In the lead-up to Brawl, Sonic was most requested, in Smash 4's it was Mega Man.

My gut tells me we will get a third party but it could be anyone.

Though unlike some, I think it will only be ONE third party character, even if the 3 character slots become more.
Snake is probably going to be the 3rd Party DLC character

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Snake is probably going to be the 3rd Party DLC character
I can't put the incredulous look on my face into text.

Konami threw out Kojima, making darn well sure that the door hit his butt on the way out and made Silent Hill into an erotic Pachinko machine.

MAYBE Konami will get the smallest bit of sense and realise it's basically free money to them but I'm doubting it.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I can't put the incredulous look on my face into text.

Konami threw out Kojima, making darn well sure that the door hit his butt on the way out and made Silent Hill into an erotic Pachinko machine.

MAYBE Konami will get the smallest bit of sense and realise it's basically free money to them but I'm doubting it.
True, Snake would be easy money, since he was awesome in Brawl and is an iconic character

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
So apparently someone "leaked/predicted" the pirate ship stage and has some other "leaks/predictions" on his post. http://i.imgur.com/ryat6gw.jpg plus there's shovel knight conspiracy theory along with it for some reason... I guess the person who decided to share this pic on reddit wanted to voice his opinions on shovel knight. <_<

Personally I think this is fake and just a lucky guess. If there would've been some actual dates with these "leaks" then I could've believed it.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
So apparently someone "leaked/predicted" the pirate ship stage and has some other "leaks/predictions" on his post. http://i.imgur.com/ryat6gw.jpg plus there's shovel knight conspiracy theory along with it for some reason... I guess the person who decided to share this pic on reddit wanted to voice his opinions on shovel knight. <_<

Personally I think this is fake and just a lucky guess. If there would've been some actual dates with these "leaks" then I could've believed it.
Anyone can put together text leaks. They're the easiest ones to fake.
They just throw a bunch of theories and clues in to make them seem credible.

Last edited:

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
Heya everyone. I took a long break from Smash (and this board) since about June time but I'm back and glad to see that we're still going strong here. I just caught the wind of the 3 new slots found via datamining... and I went to do my own personal guess based on the curren version of the game, mainly it's character select screen on the Wii U & 3DS. Now, here's my thing... I wanna say I agree with jahkzheng when he/she said about there possibly being more than those three coming. Since Smash's DLC is such a big deal and even outside companies interested in being included, big or small (it should be to Nintendo considering they need as much momentum they can get out of this, Splatoon and things like Mario Maker) it's possible these incoming 3 could not even be reflective of the ballot but another business move done like Lucas Roy & Ryu. That would open up the possibility of another who knows whom being Ballot picks.

Guesstimating the number of slots on the Wii U right now with all characters unlocked and bought, the three slots would make the Wii U select screen a perfect grid... but if Street Fighter IV taught me anything is that cosmetic things like that can change very easily with added patches. Besides, the 3DS is already at a perfect grid and the select icons get smaller as characters were added.

That being said, I think everyone here agrees that Wolf seems like a lock no matter how this unfolds... but if you ask me it seems like, giving the account that not only Nintendo's properties are up for inclusion but their willingness to look into other characters outside of the company means that just 3 slots really does seem too small... like what... 2 Nintendo reps (Wolf being one of them) and 1 outside party...? I guess I'll play it safe and run the whole pre-post Ballot predictions for myself to compare with you guys. I say this because I HIGHLY doubt Krystal's in one of those three slots, especially if Wolf is there already. I just don't see them being packaged together like that. She's gonna be riding on that Ballot suggestion vote. I honestly think the whole Shovel Knight thing is a ruse... It's very possible but it seems to darn skeptical. I also don't see anymore Mario or Pokemon reps making it in, and while I love the Inklings I got the heavy feeling it's gonna be another case of Asura from Asura's Wrath missing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (being stupid popular out of the gate in their home series but just too new to add to the dance) so...

Pre-Ballot (our three slots found just now)
Wolf (Star Fox, the last notable vet missing from Smash that's not clones or a Pokemon and not taking the Climbers into account. He basically speaks for himself. New 64 remake coming out, all his music's already in Smash, etc...)

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong: If people would remember how we got both actual characters and Mii outfits, this is still very much a thing. Remember Metaknight's Mii outfit being shown before the actual character. Plus DK's in dire need of another rep and out of the available Star Fox and DK seem the most likely to get the 'gimmie' call.)

Heihachi Mishima (Tekken: A Namco third-party to rival Capcom's two in Ryu and Megaman. This WOULD have gone to Snake from Metal Gear but since Konami's basically told the gaming world to kiss its behind over the past few years I highly doubt he's ever coming back. Plus I'm well aware of Tekken's project head Harada's 'competitive' nature with Street Fighter's head Ono, and we already have a Heihachi Mii outfit... and a vague template from Heihachi's appearance in Playstation All-Stars. It's like those two turned Smash into their personal Street Fighter X Tekken 1.5 or something... and lets not forget their Pokken Tournament... and "Pikachu Mishima". Note that could also either be Kazuya or Jin... but I'm betting more on the old man.)

Ballot (A safe bet on 5 hopefuls)
Krystal (Star Fox, our own baby here. To say that she's basically been treading hell and high water all this time and STILL is in top note in most heads [positive or negative] should say something. If she makes it, she'l probably have a Smash-exclusive design like Fox & Falco but take elements from her Assault appearance and use her Adventures staff for part of her moveset. Taking out 3rd parties, Krystal stands out in a Nintendo pool that's basically maxed out right now, outside of Mario, Pokemon and the main Zelda characters.)

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong, that late Tropical Freeze addition if you ask me. Note that this is interchangable with my call on K. Rool, as alternately you can finally play as the three main Kongs in one Smash game if she gets in.)

Issac (Golden Sun, he's the very next in line in popularity behind Wolf, Roy and K. Rool without question, and without any real mention of his series in Sm4sh compared to Brawl he's looking real probable. I bet the internet would blow if he gets in.)

Shantae (I'm not familiar with her or her series but from my bit of research I realized she's actually been around for a long time and her company & fans are very enthusiastic about her inclusion. She's mostly been on Nintendo handhelds and PC and her character design seem Smash friendly. She's like one of the true underdogs to have a decent shot of making the Sm4sh party.)

Bayonetta (Platinum Games, I know Kamiya's been sticking it to Smash folk for years and personally I don't really care too much for her... but he's a known troll like the likes of Sakurai, Ono, Harada, and Kojima and Bayonetta wound up being a big name for Nintendo over the years. Since PG's been so close with Nintendo lately I can see this happening and the hype being apocalyptic. Besides, Snake was a character from a M-rated game so I doubt that would hold back Sakurai in developing her for this game.)

Honestly, no matter what, this is the critical point, the moment of truth. How Nintendo shows us how they're handling DLC now with Ballot closing will determine just how much of a chance Krystal has in the long run... By now they must already know what they're going to do... but she's came all this far where other big names have fallen out... Cross your fingers guys, this end of this ride's gonna have some turbulence...

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
No it isn't, they said they want to work on a new metroid game but it'll most likely be for the NX, they still have a wii u game in development
This is correct. They might want to finish out the Returns as a trilogy like Prime was. The next Prime game is on the shelf and will be picked up later for the NX. They DO have a Wii U game in development and it's very possible it's the third, and last, Returns game. Us in the K. Rool thread hope it features K. Rool since when the Ballot started, Retro Studios (and Playtonic too) were following the Kremling Kutthroat campaign. It might not mean much, but things are looking up.

If K. Rool gets into DKCR3 then the Kutthroat Campaign would have completed 1 of it's major 2 objectives (3 arguably which we already done, and that was to make K. Rool mainstream, which we did. The other two are K. Rool in Smash and K. Rool returning to Donkey Kong. The former I'm hopeful for and the latter I'm thinking is very likely).

But back to the other 'K', Krystal.

Top Bottom