• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I've always been tempted to throw multiple votes for Krystal, but in the end I've decided to stick to the rules and just stay with my one vote. But I'm glad that some decide to use their multiple votes for Krystal ;).
I noticed Jordan and his fans have gone all out based on the posts i've seen on his twitter.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I noticed Jordan and his fans have gone all out based on the posts i've seen on his twitter.
Yeah I've noticed it too. My first thought was when I read a few of them was that what will the devs of smash be thinking about some of them xD. I remember one had written "Jordan wants her in and he's awesome<3333" for reason to include Krystal or something like that xD.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I can see your point, but I just never really thought much of it. I do agree that I want Krystal to be a badass and not some damsel (this was actually the biggest let down to me when I played the game, since the cover clearly shows that "this is an adventure with all these characters", but nope, it was just Fox <_<), but I can also understand why everything ended up the way they are, because of the "mess" that was SF Adventure development. That is why I just don't really see much meaning behind with that music, since I can easily see what the devs thought at that moment in development when doing it.
I highly doubt they meant or wanted to make Krystal be or seem like a damsel who just falls for Fox immediately, because how Krystal was originally the main character of the game and so on. how I kinda ended up seeing all of it was that they just happened to be meant for each other in the sense of "fate". When Krystal first meets Fox when she is freed and when she almost falls their eyes meet up with each other and the music starts to play, giving the impression that it was fate that let them to meet each other, but she immediately ends up taking her staff back and starts firing Andross, partially showing what kind of a badass she can be and that she is more than just a simple damsel for Fox.
But that's just how I felt in the end of the game. (Btw I liked tricky, I was happily surprised that he had a small appearance
in Assault, felt like fun nod towards Adventure). :)

Oh, I'm not gonna waste my time with nonsense spouting with anyone on the video or on the comments. I just feel that if you're supposed to create conversation (like the videos creator says in the comments) with different opinions, then you should do it smartly, rather than yelling and insulting. Because what's the point of the conversation, when it's just pointless yelling and bashing. They can have that type of conversation for fun, that's fine, but when they start claiming that they wanted to here different opinions and create conversation, then I'm just going to say "you're doing it wrong mate".
I enjoy having simple conversations with people who have different opinions, not because I want them to change their own views on the subject matter, but because I want to hear and know different perspectives. I had few conversations on reddit about Krystal where I simply "challenged" (not in a rivalry way) other peoples views by questioning their thoughts, in order to create conversation so that I could understand the "other side of the coin" better. If they simply want to hate Krystal, then that's fine, I might want to know why they hate her, and if their reasons seem a bit unjustified or "dumb", I want to try and give some food for thought for them.
This one person on reddit didn't like the idea of Krystal being in smash and one of his/her reasons were that he was afraid of furries taking millions of "creepy" pics and posting them to miiverse, and I simply questioned this by saying "There already is a model of Krystal in smash (the trophy), so if that would be true that furries would just start "piling" creepy pics on miiverse, then I'd say that would've happened already". I also addressed the fact that maybe he was afraid that Krystal would wear her tribal look if she was added by saying "I doubt they would use her tribal outfit over her assault/new design, since they already have a big no no policy (because of Cero) for "sexually explicit" content (possible pantie shots)". And the guy was cool and calm when I said all this stuff and didn't try to bash me for wanting Krystal in smash.
Perceptions, opinions, was just sharing how I feel. Glad you're understanding. I didn't want to come off as "downery", but that darn sax music, heh. You make good points too. In my head I often think of something I don't like but then look for silver linings. The fate thing is a cute idea. Thanks for the extra perspective. I'm open minded to it. Being open minded to more than just what's obvious probably has a lot to do with why I still believe Krystal is a good character with even greater potential.

Like I said, those guys weren't going for the delicate approach and saying they "wanted to create conversation" is somewhat misleading but not entirely untrue... they wanted people to talk. I think they weren't concerned with the nature of the talk. Just get those views and comments lighting up our video please, was the objective. And the more polarizing and ridiculous the comments the better. They wanted what they got basically. Sadly, making something thoughtful wasn't even the plan.

And yeah, I like when you can find a skeptic or a non-fan that's not a hater. They're usually more open to suggestion. I never think, "oh, I made them a fan", but I often think, "I at least helped them see the character isn't so bad". It's more an exercise in getting people to neutral/somewhat supportive from not really a fan/neutral.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With enough luck, even if we don't get lucky with DLC, the ballot results will show Krystal is still liked enough to get her to return in future Star Fox titles.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Perceptions, opinions, was just sharing how I feel. Glad you're understanding. I didn't want to come off as "downery", but that darn sax music, heh. You make good points too. In my head I often think of something I don't like but then look for silver linings. The fate thing is a cute idea. Thanks for the extra perspective. I'm open minded to it. Being open minded to more than just what's obvious probably has a lot to do with why I still believe Krystal is a good character with even greater potential.
Well I'm glad you liked my perspective on the whole thing.
I find it a bit funny that people sometimes just brush Krystal as nothing more than "furry bait sex appeal" or something along those lines, even though she has done quite a lot. (Not saying that you are).
I hear some say that they think Krystal is a horrible SF member, and is just simply there to force "sex appeal" on people (which I find hilarious) and does nothing. Even though she clearly is as skilled as any other SF character (I'd argue that she is probably more skilled than many others) and has also managed to become part of Star Wolf in Command where she (in one of the endings) saved the galaxy from the forces of Anglar by leading/guiding Star Wolf team. Think about it, in one of the story endings she proved that she was more capable than Fox McCloud himself. If that doesn't say "badass", then I don't know what does.
Sure not many liked Command and hate it for multiple reasons, but I have to admit that this was one of the cooler parts of it (even though they made her into bit of a b*tch in the game, but still).

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Maybe the three empty slots may not be the voted characters. It could be another DLC characters planned for quite sometime.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Maybe the three empty slots may not be the voted characters. It could be another DLC characters planned for quite sometime.
It depends on when they started the ballot characters, they could've started today or they could've started weeks ago. Maybe they could even add some pre-planned characters and try to pass them off as ballot characters, like Wolf, Snake, Inkling, K Rool, Dixie etc

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
This can easily be a possibility, anything really can.
In a very lame scenario maybe those slots are there so that the whole thing won't crash? like something the devs were unable to remove without messing up the game so they just ended up leaving them there, or just something for testing purposes and nothing else? All are possible cases really.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I thought I remember Sakurai saying that, sometime after Roy and Ryu were released, the rest of the characters were going to be from the ballot.

Am I just remembering incorrectly?
Hmm, I think he said it would be fanservice from here on out and we kinda interpreted that as just ballots.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I thought I remember Sakurai saying that, sometime after Roy and Ryu were released, the rest of the characters were going to be from the ballot.

Am I just remembering incorrectly?
He said "primarily fan service". Some have taken that to mean it's all Ballot characters from here on out. Others have said it'll all be newcomers. All we can really do is speculate...although it's not too late for non-Ballot characters...

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Hmm, I think he said it would be fanservice from here on out and we kinda interpreted that as just ballots.
He said "primarily fan service". Some have taken that to mean it's all Ballot characters from here on out. Others have said it'll all be newcomers. All we can really do is speculate...although it's not too late for non-Ballot characters...
Thanks for the clarification. It would make sense that some people managed to (falsely) extrapolate what he said to the ballot.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think Sakurai intentionally made it sound quite vague, so that people wouldn't be sure for what to expect.
As he unloads Goku, Krystal, Chiaotzu, Elsa and Solid Snake. Objectively the best possible DLC wave, to catch us by surprise.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well I doubt no one would see this guy joining in smash ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I wish I had a plushie of that right now. Would I prefer cat Goomba over Krystal and some other characters? Nah, but I wouldn't mind it alongside Krystal. It's my little rule... Any character paired with her is automatically a top flight DLC package. XD

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I've been noticing lots of Krystal trends in Miiverse as of late.
Even in Japan.
I hate to ask, are you able to provide images of either end? I'm more curious on japans end.

While I may have done a ton of Krystal images, I do have my doubts, but it was worth trying to say the least, plus it has helped with my issue of drawing, even if a handful of the recent ones were recreations of existing images. You could say Krystal helped me to a degree on top of not feeling terrible from that.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I hate to ask, are you able to provide images of either end? I'm more curious on japans end.

While I may have done a ton of Krystal images, I do have my doubts, but it was worth trying to say the least, plus it has helped with my issue of drawing, even if a handful of the recent ones were recreations of existing images.
Well we have seen some people here who enjoyed miiverse pics of Krystal (most likely lot of them were yours they enjoyed) and weren't rooting for Krystal at first, so clearly you're work hasn't been for nothing ;o.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I think what Sakurai ment by "fan service" was that every character would get a swimsuit dlc outfit in the next character update

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I think what Sakurai ment by "fan service" was that every character would get a swimsuit dlc outfit in the next character update
Krystal swimsuit wouldn't be all that different from her tribal attire.

Nah Krystal in general would be fan service. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Mmm... Ganon in some nice beach wear.

Beat me to the punch.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
So just a question guys a few hours ago I dropped my very last vote for Angry sun from Super mario bros 3 (actaully no)

And I was wondering how many times and which other characters you guys voted for? I feel like I cheated a little but I have voted 5 times already. all of them were for Krystal...

#DontTellSakurai

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
So just a question guys a few hours ago I dropped my very last vote for Angry sun from Super mario bros 3 (actaully no)

And I was wondering how many times and which other characters you guys voted for? I feel like I cheated a little but I have voted 5 times already. all of them were for Krystal...

#DontTellSakurai
Twice for Krystal, once for Paper Mario. I won't tell if you won't.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
While on topic, I voted twice but from different locations. Once for Krystal and once for Dixie Kong.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Twice for Krystal, once for Paper Mario. I won't tell if you won't.
Paper Mario?
I don't think he could work in smash bros what if he falls into the water?
I only voted once for Krystal ;o. #RespectDaRuleZ
Well, least I diden't voted 30 times like some people did?
Seriously as soon as this started I saw people claiming they already voted 20 times for the character they wanted.

And I got different ideas everytime I voted If I felt I could've said something better then I started making a new vote.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
All of you are in trouble and I'm about to tell you why. I work for Nintendo of America. I was sent here to investigate Sakurai's concerns about fraudulent voting.
We've traced all the IPs involved and are deleting your votes as we speak. :secretkpop:

Remember, cheaters never prosper... Unless you're willing to pay us substantial sums of dirty money to look the other way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom