• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
It's going to be pretty odd when people will stop posting "vote for *insert character here*", but I feel like there are still going to be few fan polls now and then. And when at least one character is announced then people will start doing even more"intense" speculations regarding on the DLC fighters.
I think we all should throw some kind of "predictions" and see who gets it right (or "most right") xD, would be pretty funny if someone would manage to get almost everything right, I'd pay that person to predict my future :p.

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx

Well guys tomorrow is the final day and all I can say is that lets hope that Krystal becomes a dlc and hope our effort wasn't for nothing especially for those who put a lot of effort in the support by supporters like Jordan, @Krystal0290 and the mysterious TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr aka Alfore. So let see our blue vixen fate tomorrow(although we probably won't get any news or anything from the ballot tomorrow but if we do I expect a lot of saltiness from others regardless of whatever gets in from the ballot. Also I see another character slot has been datamine, one thing I have to ask is are those character slot for pre-ballot characters or characters that were in development for awhile? I'm asking this because I remember there was two character slots when Roy and Ryu were datamine).

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Heya everyone. I took a long break from Smash (and this board) since about June time but I'm back and glad to see that we're still going strong here. I just caught the wind of the 3 new slots found via datamining... and I went to do my own personal guess based on the curren version of the game, mainly it's character select screen on the Wii U & 3DS. Now, here's my thing... I wanna say I agree with jahkzheng when he/she said about there possibly being more than those three coming. Since Smash's DLC is such a big deal and even outside companies interested in being included, big or small (it should be to Nintendo considering they need as much momentum they can get out of this, Splatoon and things like Mario Maker) it's possible these incoming 3 could not even be reflective of the ballot but another business move done like Lucas Roy & Ryu. That would open up the possibility of another who knows whom being Ballot picks.

Guesstimating the number of slots on the Wii U right now with all characters unlocked and bought, the three slots would make the Wii U select screen a perfect grid... but if Street Fighter IV taught me anything is that cosmetic things like that can change very easily with added patches. Besides, the 3DS is already at a perfect grid and the select icons get smaller as characters were added.

That being said, I think everyone here agrees that Wolf seems like a lock no matter how this unfolds... but if you ask me it seems like, giving the account that not only Nintendo's properties are up for inclusion but their willingness to look into other characters outside of the company means that just 3 slots really does seem too small... like what... 2 Nintendo reps (Wolf being one of them) and 1 outside party...? I guess I'll play it safe and run the whole pre-post Ballot predictions for myself to compare with you guys. I say this because I HIGHLY doubt Krystal's in one of those three slots, especially if Wolf is there already. I just don't see them being packaged together like that. She's gonna be riding on that Ballot suggestion vote. I honestly think the whole Shovel Knight thing is a ruse... It's very possible but it seems to darn skeptical. I also don't see anymore Mario or Pokemon reps making it in, and while I love the Inklings I got the heavy feeling it's gonna be another case of Asura from Asura's Wrath missing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (being stupid popular out of the gate in their home series but just too new to add to the dance) so...

Pre-Ballot (our three slots found just now)
Wolf (Star Fox, the last notable vet missing from Smash that's not clones or a Pokemon and not taking the Climbers into account. He basically speaks for himself. New 64 remake coming out, all his music's already in Smash, etc...)

King K. Rool (Donkey Kong: If people would remember how we got both actual characters and Mii outfits, this is still very much a thing. Remember Metaknight's Mii outfit being shown before the actual character. Plus DK's in dire need of another rep and out of the available Star Fox and DK seem the most likely to get the 'gimmie' call.)

Heihachi Mishima (Tekken: A Namco third-party to rival Capcom's two in Ryu and Megaman. This WOULD have gone to Snake from Metal Gear but since Konami's basically told the gaming world to kiss its behind over the past few years I highly doubt he's ever coming back. Plus I'm well aware of Tekken's project head Harada's 'competitive' nature with Street Fighter's head Ono, and we already have a Heihachi Mii outfit... and a vague template from Heihachi's appearance in Playstation All-Stars. It's like those two turned Smash into their personal Street Fighter X Tekken 1.5 or something... and lets not forget their Pokken Tournament... and "Pikachu Mishima". Note that could also either be Kazuya or Jin... but I'm betting more on the old man.)

Ballot (A safe bet on 5 hopefuls)
Krystal (Star Fox, our own baby here. To say that she's basically been treading hell and high water all this time and STILL is in top note in most heads [positive or negative] should say something. If she makes it, she'l probably have a Smash-exclusive design like Fox & Falco but take elements from her Assault appearance and use her Adventures staff for part of her moveset. Taking out 3rd parties, Krystal stands out in a Nintendo pool that's basically maxed out right now, outside of Mario, Pokemon and the main Zelda characters.)

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong, that late Tropical Freeze addition if you ask me. Note that this is interchangable with my call on K. Rool, as alternately you can finally play as the three main Kongs in one Smash game if she gets in.)

Issac (Golden Sun, he's the very next in line in popularity behind Wolf, Roy and K. Rool without question, and without any real mention of his series in Sm4sh compared to Brawl he's looking real probable. I bet the internet would blow if he gets in.)

Shantae (I'm not familiar with her or her series but from my bit of research I realized she's actually been around for a long time and her company & fans are very enthusiastic about her inclusion. She's mostly been on Nintendo handhelds and PC and her character design seem Smash friendly. She's like one of the true underdogs to have a decent shot of making the Sm4sh party.)

Bayonetta (Platinum Games, I know Kamiya's been sticking it to Smash folk for years and personally I don't really care too much for her... but he's a known troll like the likes of Sakurai, Ono, Harada, and Kojima and Bayonetta wound up being a big name for Nintendo over the years. Since PG's been so close with Nintendo lately I can see this happening and the hype being apocalyptic. Besides, Snake was a character from a M-rated game so I doubt that would hold back Sakurai in developing her for this game.)

Honestly, no matter what, this is the critical point, the moment of truth. How Nintendo shows us how they're handling DLC now with Ballot closing will determine just how much of a chance Krystal has in the long run... By now they must already know what they're going to do... but she's came all this far where other big names have fallen out... Cross your fingers guys, this end of this ride's gonna have some turbulence...
Nice analysis. I'd most definitely take this result.

I think Dixie is a more likely "pre-ballot" consideration than Rool however. She's more relevant and there's evidence that she was considered for Brawl. Plus the idea that she could use a lot of the same assets as Diddy means she'd be easier to add. Rool seems like the solid ballot add.

Also, going off popularity alone, Bayo and Shantae aren't that high up. Shantae basically got no votes in Japan and Bayo might just barely be a top 20 character in the west and Japan. Both have their issues too. A lot of people have questioned Bayo and the rating for instance. In place of these characters, I see Bandana Dee getting in first or perhaps Impa. Dee is popular in Japan and pretty popular here, and I can definitely see Sakurai adding in a Kirby character especially if DK and Star Fox get two more. That way we'd have three series with 4 playable characters and arguably they'd feel full and ideally repped.

Who knows with Sakurai however. The only things I can say safely it feels like is that Star Fox and DK are definitely getting reps and we'll get at least one new franchise or third party character.

Don't get me wrong. Like I said at the start, I really like your list and I think it's believable in fact. Mainly just the Bayo Shantae thing seems unlikely as much as I'd love Shantae in particular.

Speaking of character popularity and likelihood... going off of what I've seen from Source Gaming's poll when combined with the Japanese survey, here's my interpretation of our projected top 10 roughly in order...

K. Rool
Wolf
Inkling
Snake
ICs
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Banjo
Krystal
Dixie

Of course, my interpretation is quite limited as it's only using limited polls and surveys for evidence. Still, it's the data we have to work with. Dee lurches up due to what appears to be a lot of Japanese support coupled with western support that's only a shade off of Krystal and Dixie's support. Isaac drops due to relatively small support in Japan (barely top 20) but stays in strong contention because of his huge support in the west. Inklings are a force to be reckoned with in every region it appears and probably have an even relatively stronger presence on the ballot than polls are projecting. Banjo appears to be about as popular as Krystal and Dixie so I could've made him 10th, but his slight edge in the Japanese survey and the fact that he generally doesn't really give anything up to Dixie or Krystal in the west made me bump him up there. ICs are a strange case. A lot of people want them but a lot of people also don't believe they'll make it. I set them in a relatively safe place since it's hard to account for desire being separated from "votes". This is the trouble with my interpretation in general. I'm using Source Gaming's rating poll as evidence and it asked who people wanted and not who they voted for. A look at their universal poll would be much more helpful. Even so, I think this top 10 is a pretty safe group give or take a character or two. And when you consider likely candidates, the outlook gets better for Krystal. Basically, minus Snake, ICs, and Banjo. Even if these are the results, how Sakurai would interpret this is anyone's guess.

Edit: I just had to add colors to my list, heh.

Edit2: Oh, and that intro sentence... pun totally not intended~

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Assuming it all ends tomorrow, this is the last batch I got unless I somehow see another image to mimic or come up with something.

WVW69icdH3s9hzPusk.png
WVW69icdTFw3lkF7Iw.png
WVW69icddrYFFCnAiW.png

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It's going to be pretty odd when people will stop posting "vote for *insert character here*", but I feel like there are still going to be few fan polls now and then.
The complete and total departure of posters shilling their characters for the ballot will be the best part of Smash speculation. When you have an agenda, it's hard to consider the possibilities objectively. With the votes in the bank and the ballot closed, the insecurity will (theoretically) be gone.
I think we all should throw some kind of "predictions" and see who gets it right (or "most right") xD, would be pretty funny if someone would manage to get almost everything right, I'd pay that person to predict my future :p.
We should do predictions. Honestly, I'd like to know the total number of characters we're getting before we do, but I can throw out my front runners who I believe will be in regardless of the count. =)

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
The complete and total departure of posters shilling their characters for the ballot will be the best part of Smash speculation. When you have an agenda, it's hard to consider the possibilities objectively. With the votes in the bank and the ballot closed, the insecurity will (theoretically) be gone.

We should do predictions. Honestly, I'd like to know the total number of characters we're getting before we do, but I can throw out my front runners who I believe will be in regardless of the count. =)
Well guessing the amount of fighters who we'll get can easily be part of the prediction. :p
My guess is 4 if they're generous and 5 if were lucky, but if I'd have to choose one, I would probably go with... 5, let's try and be a bit optimistic ;D.

And the characters are...
One DK rep and it would be K Rool or Dixie. I'd say K Rool would be chosen in the end.
SF rep would be Krystal (or Wolf, but you know me, biased for Krystal <3).
Here are the trickier choices in my opinion that I have little faith in getting right, but that's part of predicting things I guess. ^^
Bandana Dee could be one and maybe... <_< (this is a lot harder than I thought) let's say Inkling.
The fifth and final could be the random third-party character, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Hayabusa (xD) or maybe some other that just doesn't come to mind right now. I'm going to choose Shantae, since I feel like supporting the little genie, even though I've only played the first game in the series, which is quite mediocre unfortunately.
I'd be kinda okay with Shantae, because she has at least some history with Nintendo, even though being a quite unsuccessful series (not bashing, just talking about the sales overall), but Shovel Knight would feel a bit too wrong... Sure his game is supposedly fantastic (haven't played it yet) and so on, but I feel that you need to have a lot more than just one great game to be added to freaking mascot god fighters :p, it would just feel like cheap marketing to have him in and also because nothing about him "says" Nintendo. Yeah the game is in 8-bit art style, but that's not really "a Nintendo only thing" since there were plenty of consoles which used 8-bit graphics. A lot of people just tend to connect 8-bit with Nintendo, because it was the most popular back then.

So my fighter predictions are:
K Rool
Krystal
Bandana Dee
Inkling
Shantae

I guess I could throw a few future stage predictions as well xD
Corneria from the 3DS to Wii U (because it's a map I've loved since melee).
Splatoon stage that would be bundled with the character.
Shantae related stage to be bundled
and let's throw in one more... hmm... Frigate Orpheon returning from brawl :D.

So those are my predictions. Not expecting much to go right, but we'll see ;D, if I get Krystal right then I'll feel like a winner even if everything else would be wrong.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
jahkzheng jahkzheng : Thanks and I respect your opinion on the matter. Granted, for my ballot choices I wasn't aiming for 'Top Popular Pick" but more like my guess on just 5 reps I felt had a believable (and non-biased) shot personally, hence why I called them safe bets. Since we really don't know anything about how the slot-spread will be in regards to Ballot picks, I just threw some out there based on educated guesses. And again, the Ballot's been mentioned to not be based on pure popularity alone; as long as their brought to attention then they'll have as much of a shot as any big name request, and since Sakurai's known for left-field choices, it's all up for grabs. That's what lead me to sorta think for my own guess-list... "OK, maybe 3 1st-party Ballot picks, 1 3rd party pick that's close to Nintendo, and 1 'Underdog' pick" to be safe. I personally only really have a light support for Shantae due to how she's gotten her plug (I DO love the air I get from her character design and game library) and again, I really don't care if Bayonetta makes it or not since I don't have any attachment to her... but I wasn't going to act like she doesn't have a high chance either if only through company relations and her existing player support for her.

This thing can really splice any way it wants, and it's pretty much up in the air until Nintendo comes out and lets us know the grand-master plan to our votes. I'm just glad that I was able to put in my bid for Krystal and do my part supporting her on my own front as well as here. For me it was just for the lulz to see the salt from the naysayers at first (...it sorta still is to a degree...) but overtime I actually grew to like her legitimately as a character. I realize Krystal's an awesome design of a character that got handed a bad poker hand ever since her Dinosaur Planet game got turned into Star Fox Adventures and has been fighting unfair scrutiny ever since. God knows she needs this as a character asset to her own franchise more than simply being in Sm4sh... almost like a point of vindication for her existence, lol. The pool IS thinning on possible additions though... I think your list there is just about the main runners ATM. I just really hope she makes it in now, and with her real lack of limitations compared to some on that list, I'm really liking her chances compared to the others there.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
ICs aren't coming back, to be blunt, they were cut due to tech limitations if the 3DS can't support them in development, it can't support them now, Snake might come back, but considering how Konami has been giving us the finger I don't see it happening, Shantae and Shovel Knight aren't supported well in Japan, so that pushes them down, Banjo is a maybe but would Nintendo really want to promote characters that technically are owned by Microsoft?
My predictions (Grouped in order of how much I like them)
Krystal
K Rool
Inkling
Issac
Bandana Dee (Don't like him, and don't see why he has the popularity, I think that Knuckle Joe or Galaxia Knight would be better choices)

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I... I freaking did it I finally made a Krystal drawing to support her (been fighting with the tag KrystalDLC for weeks now) but I made a drawing despite how much I suck at drawing using devices.

I'm happy about the final result, not super amizing but decent.
Thouse Krystal drawing really inspired me to do it. LoL

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Well I put in my last vote in for our favorite blue vixen Krystal today. Now it's all up to Sakurai to decide her fate.

Krystal A xefo ke joo oei ed kxo rukkcovaoct jeed.

I'll give a cyber cookie to anyone who can translate the Dino language without using the Dino translator on Krystal Archives.
Hint: Star Fox Adventures game manual.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well guessing the amount of fighters who we'll get can easily be part of the prediction. :p
My guess is 4 if they're generous and 5 if were lucky, but if I'd have to choose one, I would probably go with... 5, let's try and be a bit optimistic ;D.

And the characters are...
One DK rep and it would be K Rool or Dixie. I'd say K Rool would be chosen in the end.
SF rep would be Krystal (or Wolf, but you know me, biased for Krystal <3).
Here are the trickier choices in my opinion that I have little faith in getting right, but that's part of predicting things I guess. ^^
Bandana Dee could be one and maybe... <_< (this is a lot harder than I thought) let's say Inkling.
The fifth and final could be the random third-party character, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Hayabusa (xD) or maybe some other that just doesn't come to mind right now. I'm going to choose Shantae, since I feel like supporting the little genie, even though I've only played the first game in the series, which is quite mediocre unfortunately.
I'd be kinda okay with Shantae, because she has at least some history with Nintendo, even though being a quite unsuccessful series (not bashing, just talking about the sales overall), but Shovel Knight would feel a bit too wrong... Sure his game is supposedly fantastic (haven't played it yet) and so on, but I feel that you need to have a lot more than just one great game to be added to freaking mascot god fighters :p, it would just feel like cheap marketing to have him in and also because nothing about him "says" Nintendo. Yeah the game is in 8-bit art style, but that's not really "a Nintendo only thing" since there were plenty of consoles which used 8-bit graphics. A lot of people just tend to connect 8-bit with Nintendo, because it was the most popular back then.

So my fighter predictions are:
K Rool
Krystal
Bandana Dee
Inkling
Shantae

I guess I could throw a few future stage predictions as well xD
Corneria from the 3DS to Wii U (because it's a map I've loved since melee).
Splatoon stage that would be bundled with the character.
Shantae related stage to be bundled
and let's throw in one more... hmm... Frigate Orpheon returning from brawl :D.

So those are my predictions. Not expecting much to go right, but we'll see ;D, if I get Krystal right then I'll feel like a winner even if everything else would be wrong.
This is my honest opinion. I apologize in advance if I rustle the jimmies of any lurkers reading this post. If you wanna debate, bring it to PM so as not to derail the thread completely.

Predictions:
-Krystal
-Wolf (A preplanned vet squeaking in at the 11th hour.)
-Dixie Kong
-Isaac (Ehhhhhhh, I'm not sure about this one, but I'm trying to stay objective.)
-Tails (Out of left field popular 3rd party that surprises everyone.)

I'm putting my money down on this. That's my prediction! Will I be terribly wrong even with 5 chances to be right?! Maybe. I hope I'm not wrong about the top item on that list, though.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr Wow, would have never expected Alphore to actually be on this thread, way to go! These Krystal pictures are so cute, I love your style!

Hmmm... Yeah, let's say 5 more characters and that's about it. If there are only 5 to go, I would say...

-Wolf (RIP my sweet Ivysaur)
-King K. Rool
-Krystal
-Isaac
-And... Well, my personal preference would be Dixie Kong, so let's go with that, lol. Otherwise I would have picked Bandana Dee.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Might as well leave the evidence here instead of screen-capping my skype. I shall be bold

Krystal
Dixie
Kos-mos (been in multiple crossovers, kinda namco's second mascot imo)
Bayonetta (A sega and platinum representative) There i settled on a choice.

If this somehow bodes true i shall post the rest later, since i expect at least another fighter pack.

Okay now time for the safe as hell picks that everyone seems to like doing.

Wolf
Dixie
Dee
paper mario

Obviously I hope for the former because then i guess i have some mojo going. But i'm not sure whether other 3rd parties would get 2nd's or no 3rd parties at all. The latter would be boring for me, but it fits sak's criteria and stuff, I think i know him well enough to not go for the sleep stuff, but who knows.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
jahkzheng jahkzheng : Thanks and I respect your opinion on the matter. Granted, for my ballot choices I wasn't aiming for 'Top Popular Pick" but more like my guess on just 5 reps I felt had a believable (and non-biased) shot personally, hence why I called them safe bets. Since we really don't know anything about how the slot-spread will be in regards to Ballot picks, I just threw some out there based on educated guesses. And again, the Ballot's been mentioned to not be based on pure popularity alone; as long as their brought to attention then they'll have as much of a shot as any big name request, and since Sakurai's known for left-field choices, it's all up for grabs. That's what lead me to sorta think for my own guess-list... "OK, maybe 3 1st-party Ballot picks, 1 3rd party pick that's close to Nintendo, and 1 'Underdog' pick" to be safe. I personally only really have a light support for Shantae due to how she's gotten her plug (I DO love the air I get from her character design and game library) and again, I really don't care if Bayonetta makes it or not since I don't have any attachment to her... but I wasn't going to act like she doesn't have a high chance either if only through company relations and her existing player support for her.

This thing can really splice any way it wants, and it's pretty much up in the air until Nintendo comes out and lets us know the grand-master plan to our votes. I'm just glad that I was able to put in my bid for Krystal and do my part supporting her on my own front as well as here. For me it was just for the lulz to see the salt from the naysayers at first (...it sorta still is to a degree...) but overtime I actually grew to like her legitimately as a character. I realize Krystal's an awesome design of a character that got handed a bad poker hand ever since her Dinosaur Planet game got turned into Star Fox Adventures and has been fighting unfair scrutiny ever since. God knows she needs this as a character asset to her own franchise more than simply being in Sm4sh... almost like a point of vindication for her existence, lol. The pool IS thinning on possible additions though... I think your list there is just about the main runners ATM. I just really hope she makes it in now, and with her real lack of limitations compared to some on that list, I'm really liking her chances compared to the others there.
I was trying to go even safer assuming we'd be so lucky to have that much DLC, but honestly, I really really hope we get that much DLC and that you're right about Sakurai choosing less expected characters perhaps.

I'll admit bias toward Shantae though. Though I don't believe she'll get in she's still in my top 4 probably for wanted characters. You seemingly unbiased optimism for her is refreshing.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
IanTheGamer IanTheGamer "Bandana Dee (Don't like him, and don't see why he has the popularity, I think that Knuckle Joe or Galaxia Knight would be better"

edit - lol forgot to quote you and instead copied and pasted lol.

Well he is an actual character in the series (Bandana Dee is a literal character and only one of him exists) and is a main character for one.

But anyway, hopefully someone I like gets in as Smash DLC. Krystal isn't even in my top group but if she's in I'll be fine. Unless the rest of the DLC is all third party and one of them isn't my top 5.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Screenshot_2015-10-02-17-25-07.png

And all I said was, what's wrong with both Wolf and Krystal? And made mini summary about I want both. People are ridiculous with they're bad reasons. So quick to get offensive because they know we're reasonably right and don't want to look stupid for it xD next reply he's gonna give me is gonna be something about my mom or something off topic. Maybe even call me a furry again xD idiots.. how happy I'd be to get Krystal and be justified. -w-

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Well I put in my last vote in for our favorite blue vixen Krystal today. Now it's all up to Sakurai to decide her fate.

Krystal A xefo ke joo oei ed kxo rukkcovaoct jeed.

I'll give a cyber cookie to anyone who can translate the Dino language without using the Dino translator on Krystal Archives.
Hint: Star Fox Adventures game manual.
Hey, me too! I went out earlier today and got on the Smash ballot and threw down one more vote for Krystal while I was at the college library. I finished my reason with "Only she can come through in a fight like this!", heh.

Oh, I have the manual, maybe I can translate.

Krystal I hope to see you on the battlefield soon.

Me too Arcane.

TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr Wow, would have never expected Alphore to actually be on this thread, way to go! These Krystal pictures are so cute, I love your style!

Hmmm... Yeah, let's say 5 more characters and that's about it. If there are only 5 to go, I would say...

-Wolf (RIP my sweet Ivysaur)
-King K. Rool
-Krystal
-Isaac
-And... Well, my personal preference would be Dixie Kong, so let's go with that, lol. Otherwise I would have picked Bandana Dee.
That's basically who I believe to be a top 5. It's hard not to see those 4 DK/Star Fox characters getting in for me. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Inkling got in there in place of one of them, I just hope not. Like I mentioned in an earlier post... Rool, Wolf, Krystal, and Dixie (with Isaac tossed in) aren't my personally wanted top 5 but my believable top 5 that still gets me what I want too. I wouldn't dare guess a top 5 without Wolf and Krystal even though it's scarily still quite possible.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
View attachment 76215
And all I said was, what's wrong with both Wolf and Krystal? And made mini summary about I want both. People are ridiculous with they're bad reasons. So quick to get offensive because they we're reasonably right and don't want to look stupid for it xD next reply he's gonna give me is gonna be something about my mom or something off topic. Maybe even call me a furry again xD idiots.. how happy I'd be to get Krystal and be justified. -w-
This is the internet. People just don't know how to just deal with other people's votes. For example, I don't want a multitude of FE characters in Smash, am I going to bash them for supporting a character I don't like, no. People on the internet are dumb at times.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
It's hard to believe that the ballot ends tomorrow.

Heck of a good job to all Krystal supporters; I'm proud to have been a part of this movement.

Regardless of what happens, we put up a good fight.

From here on out, we wait.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
This is the internet. People just don't know how to just deal with other people's votes. For example, I don't want a multitude of FE characters in Smash, am I going to bash them for supporting a character I don't like, no. People on the internet are dumb at times.
Yeah xD Real shame. :) I told him off respectfully ^^' usually I ignore trolls but I just felt like it this once xD

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
View attachment 76215
And all I said was, what's wrong with both Wolf and Krystal? And made mini summary about I want both. People are ridiculous with they're bad reasons. So quick to get offensive because they we're reasonably right and don't want to look stupid for it xD next reply he's gonna give me is gonna be something about my mom or something off topic. Maybe even call me a furry again xD idiots.. how happy I'd be to get Krystal and be justified. -w-
Love the manchild in the video ranting over her despite what was already said about her from Sakurai, all really narrowing down to him (still) being angry that they did more to the series than just rehash the same boring plot, it's pretty clear he's blindede by his own nostalgia and if he's anywhere near his thirties or in there, then good god he needs a reality check. If I really wanted to i'd call him out on this by assuming he thinks Fox is gay since there are people really do hate her for crushing that headcanon, even furries themselves think this, and also mentioning how its somehow not ok for Fox to have her after nearly dying twice, but it's ok for Mario to have Peach, and Link to have Zelda or Malon as supposedly what happens, since those came from miyamoto himself.

I'm more amused he most likely doesn't know Diddy and everyone except DK weren't made by Nintendo as he used the "she isnt a real star fox character" argument, slightly different yes but still the same to some degree.

In relation to your comment, the chousguy is about as ignorant as the manchild in the video is, and that's both hilarious and awful, but I digress.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I remember a few months ago i saw the ballot as just a ballot. In my head i was telling myself that "A veteran will win" or "Everyone will bandwagon a popular pick" but my view on the ballot has changed.

While I'm not here often and i joined this thread like a week ago, it's been pretty fun! Discussions were kept as discussions and not "I'm right, you're wrong" and that made this place enjoyable. You guys were really welcoming and make people feel welcomed.

Even if Krystal doesn't get in now I'll still support her no matter what. I hope this thread stays alive because you guys make this thread actually enjoyable and that makes wanna keep coming back.

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 76215
Whenever someone say something like this to discourage your support do what i always do, get a good laugh reading this.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/top-5-characters-i-don’t-want-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Hey, me too! I went out earlier today and got on the Smash ballot and threw down one more vote for Krystal while I was at the college library. I finished my reason with "Only she can come through in a fight like this!", heh.

Oh, I have the manual, maybe I can translate.

Krystal I hope to see you on the battlefield soon.

Me too Arcane.
Welp since your the first person to complete my challenge I'll reward you with a cyber cookie as promised. I hope you have a giant glass of milk to dunk it in. XD

Anyway here's to Krystal hopefully/finally getting in to Super Sm4sh Bros.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I think we usually go by "Cerinians"?
And here I thought we were "furries" this whole time. That's what I get for listening to the internet again~

Welp since your the first person to complete my challenge I'll reward you with a cyber cookie as promised. I hope you have a giant glass of milk to dunk it in. XD

Anyway here's to Krystal hopefully/finally getting in to Super Sm4sh Bros.
Wow, that's either a small hand or a giant cookie. Either way, I'll take it.

I totally forgot that Adventure's manual had that in the back. When I first read your comment, my game case for Adventures was less than five feet away. I had to give it a try, heh.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
As for my own predictions...

I think we'll see at least 6 more...and I think 8 is plausible enough. My predictions might be pretty different from a lot of others, but here's what I think could happen:

-Wolf
-King K. Rool
-Isaac
-Krystal
-Bandana Dee
-Dixie Kong
-Paper Mario
-a Pokémon newcomer

Some are pretty clear cut, though, heh. Wolf is the only remaining veteran that doesn't have potential issues, King K. Rool is the most popular newcomer pick by far and has massive moveset potential, and Isaac is only Top 10-ish in Japan but is nearly as big as K. Rool everywhere else. Krystal has been gaining supporters rapidly, her series is relevant again (even though she herself isn't present in its newest game), and Sakurai may already have his eye on her as she was in the running for Brawl. Bandana Dee's support base is more midrange-but-vocal out west, but he's arguably the second most popular newcomer in Japan and he wields a weapon type no one in Smash currently uses. Dixie Kong is another favorite character--albeit not as big as K. Rool, but it's not as if there can only be one DK DLC character--and one who was looked at early in Brawl's development and may have been in the running this time.

The last two are gustier. Paper Mario's been pretty high up in Japanese rankings for a while, he's been gaining momentum in the Western fanbases (the new Mario & Luigi game and rumors of a Paper Mario game starting development probably helped by getting people talking about him), and he has a lot of moveset potential from across his games that I think Sakurai and his team would get interested in. As for that final one? Everyone is sleeping on Pokémon despite it being Nintendo's second biggest series and having a lot of unique and viable options. It seems a lot of the fanbase are quick to discredit Pokémon characters they don't already personally like, as if they're "undeserving" somehow, but that isn't the case by any means. I could definitely see one of a few of them having enough potential to catch the developers' eyes. In fact, we might even see one as a pre-Ballot or non-Ballot character! They must've looked at more options than just Greninja when they were deciding on a Gen 6 'mon, and maybe if they still had some interest in one of the ones they turned down in favor of the ninja frog, they might see DLC as a second chance. Maybe a burst of relevance or prolonged fan support could sway their minds.

Yes, I know. Might. As invested as I am, I wouldn't put money down on it...but it's a possibility that I feel like many ignore because they're afraid of such a character getting in over one they care about more. But if this DLC really is as extensive as some of us are speculating, they wouldn't have to worry at all!

As for the glaring absences on my list...you may have noticed how there's only one veteran and zero third party characters. Overall...I feel like there are issues that'll make things harder for them. The Ice Climbers had technical issues that held them back, and now a smaller team than before is at the helm and has less manpower and capability to fix it. Snake's parent company has all but given up on console video games and has backstabbed the man who created him...who happened to be the one who got him into Smash in the first place as a favor. Squirtle and Ivysaur's support has all but faded away--for many, they were more expected due to veteran status than desired. Young Link and Pichu remain controversial as ever--though the latter has a following in Japan--and unlike the veterans we've seen so far, weren't even planned for Brawl, a sign that they may be seen as unnecessary. Meanwhile, even though third party characters are so glamorous, so trendy, so easily hyped, they're also much more difficult to get working in Smash. Due to being from another company, it brings on a lot of additional red tape and extra expenses, and for optional content, that's a huge risk. Even then, Snake and Rayman could miss out entirely due to the soured relationships between their parent companies and Nintendo. Shantae may have a following and her parent company may be all in on the idea of her in Smash...but she pales in comparison to the massive icons that we've seen so far, and in a few years' time if her bandwagon leaves she could stick out like a sore thumb. Banjo and Kazooie almost surely won't happen since now they work for Nintendo's direct competition, which...honestly, gives Sakurai no real reason to reach that far for them when there are so many other compelling options that wouldn't require such things.

Then you have the characters who are just flat out too new and may be too risky to take a chance on. You see, the thing with bringing in a character who has only been around for a short time is that you can't really gauge how popular they'll be down the line. You could pull the trigger on someone, only for them to completely fall out of favor and not fit in at all on a roster of Nintendo's all stars! For example, Shovel Knight may be a trendy pick, but he's a third party character from a lesser name indie developer and his entire IP has been around for less than a year...and hasn't even seen a Japanese release yet! Remember how Takamaru was passed on for not being very well known by Western fans? The Inklings may also fall to a similar fate, as Splatoon is so new and its staying power so unknown that Sakurai may decide to wait on them until Smash 5. Captain Toad is pretty similar, though he's not as risky since it's only him that is newly important and not his entire IP.

I'm not saying it's impossible for any of them...but it'll probably be more difficult. I feel like out of the remaining characters, we'll see almost entirely newcomers with a decently established history, and most if not all of them will be from Nintendo franchises.

That's my guess, anyway. I'll be more surprised if I'm not off the mark somewhere. >_>

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 76215
I went to that video thinking it wouldn't be that bad...but I think I just got cancer reading those comments...good god that was bad.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
View attachment 76215
And all I said was, what's wrong with both Wolf and Krystal? And made mini summary about I want both. People are ridiculous with they're bad reasons. So quick to get offensive because they know we're reasonably right and don't want to look stupid for it xD next reply he's gonna give me is gonna be something about my mom or something off topic. Maybe even call me a furry again xD idiots.. how happy I'd be to get Krystal and be justified. -w-
We have a bandwagon now? Movin' on up! Better now than never, I guess. I tend to avoid opinion pieces like these. I want a more level headed analysis of my DLC candidates. If you finished this video, you deserve a medal. Some of things they were saying I could agree with as it related to Magikarp, but after that it was a downward spiral.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Infimus Infimus that's hilarious xD!!! Thanks for that :D

@ TheLegendaryFoxFire yeah it was awful xD I saw Krystal in the thumbnail and thought "I probably shouldn't watch this.. o.o" but then I saw that I was subscribed to this person so I was like " now I HAVE to see what he said about my favorite character! >.> ( hoping they were legit reasons) xD totally unsubbed. not because he had a different opinion about krystal cause that's fine. Its just how disrespectful he was with it and how untrue about his remarks are about her . :l calling her a no good flirt? not cool. -_-

Seriously when in assault did Krystal EVER flirt with Fox? Unless you count her simply saying "a mission together at last" but I didn't take it that way. O.o

~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ sadly I did sit through it mostly because I was reading the comments to see who defended Krystal and try to get them to come here. I feel any Krystal fan that has stood up for her deserves a account on here and feel welcome. It was nice to see Jordan Sweeto in the comments and all the people telling off the trolls xD

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

@ TheLegendaryFoxFire yeah it was awful xD I saw Krystal in the thumbnail and thought "I probably shouldn't watch this.. o.o" but then I saw that I was subscribed to this person so I was like " now I HAVE to see what he said about my favorite character! >.> ( hoping they were legit reasons) xD totally unsubbed. not because he had a different opinion about krystal cause that's fine. Its just how disrespectful he was with it and how untrue about his remarks are about her . :l calling her a no good flirt? not cool. -_-

Seriously when in assault did Krystal EVER flirt with Fox? Unless you count her simply saying "a mission together at last" but I didn't take it that way. O.o

~Krystal~ ~Krystal~ sadly I did sit through it mostly because I was reading the comments to see who defended Krystal and try to get them to come here. I feel any Krystal fan that has stood up for her deserves a account on here and feel welcome. It was nice to see Jordan Sweeto in the comments and all the people telling off the trolls xD
At the end of Adventures she did. And I'll admit that I wasn't a huge fan at her sudden turn of character. Up to that point she seemed like a strong independent blue vixen that didn't need no Fox. Heh, I kid. But still, she just seemed more like not the type to necessarily get flirty with Fox but I guess that's the only way the writers could think of to start off their relationship in the last 5 minutes of the game. Also wasn't a fan of the sax music that accompanied her. It's not a proper "theme". When I see a girl in tribal garb riding on dinosaurs, using telepathy, fighting with a staff, and generally being awesome I don't think "sultry sax music". It was only used to imply "things".

Yeah, these things happened. I think all of us here see her potential as a character even just in her own franchise. She's shown more than just a few moments of greatness, though she's suffered from bad writing more than a couple times too. She can still be all the things we know she is and be better accepted if these parts of her personality were handled more delicately. But eh, not everyone has the patience or the ability to see the potential. As much as I disagree, when people site issue with her character as a reason they don't like her, I can at least understand a bit where they're coming from. It's at least much better than the awful reasons I see like "furry", "ruined Star Fox", etc.

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman

I laughed when I saw those comments xD it's literally the definition of youtube comments, nothing but mindless monkeys thinking they are the ones who are always right and everybody else is wrong. Like everyone who makes Youtube content says "You don't read Youtube comments".

I also laugh at the creator of the video and how he is defending it. Saying that this video is supposed to create conversation about who people think would be horrible additions. The video might as well be two jackasses saying "This character should not be in because nazis" <_< like that makes a lot of sense and totally makes you seem like a smart individual.
You don't create thoughtful conversation by spouting nonsense. Sure it is their opinion if they don't like certain characters, but saying random things and thinking it's a valid is not going to create good conversation. It creates of void of nonsense where people who disagree get to be ignored and told that they are wrong and dumb for having such an opinion. I might as well say "K Rool shouldn't be in smash because he's fat and I hate fat people. They give bad examples for kids for being fat and also I hate color green, plus he's ******** and not even a real character that Nintendo would've made. And if you disagree with me, you are what's wrong with this country and world, stop supporting nazis you nazi!!!!!".
I totally seem like rational and a smart individual after saying something like that don't I? Don't you just feel like answering to me in someway meaningful way that would make me see different opinions and views as something valid? Nope, you'd think that I would be crazy and should probably, let's put it nicely here, f*ck off.

The right way would be to say meaningful things regarding to the subject matter, and not calling everyone else who has a different opinion dumb*ssess. That way you create good and smart conversations since it gives a "nice mood" to the whole thing, where you aren't "penalized" for having a different opinion, but are rewarded by it by creating more and bigger conversations, that in the end can give you different points of views on the subject matter.

At the end of Adventures she did. And I'll admit that I wasn't a huge fan at her sudden turn of character. Up to that point she seemed like a strong independent blue vixen that didn't need no Fox. Heh, I kid. But still, she just seemed more like not the type to necessarily get flirty with Fox but I guess that's the only way the writers could think of to start off their relationship in the last 5 minutes of the game. Also wasn't a fan of the sax music that accompanied her. It's not a proper "theme". When I see a girl in tribal garb riding on dinosaurs, using telepathy, fighting with a staff, and generally being awesome I don't think "sultry sax music". It was only used to imply "things".

Yeah, these things happened. I think all of us here see her potential as a character even just in her own franchise. She's shown more than just a few moments of greatness, though she's suffered from bad writing more than a couple times too. She can still be all the things we know she is and be better accepted if these parts of her personality were handled more delicately. But eh, not everyone has the patience or the ability to see the potential. As much as I disagree, when people site issue with her character as a reason they don't like her, I can at least understand a bit where they're coming from. It's at least much better than the awful reasons I see like "furry", "ruined Star Fox", etc.
I myself laughed at that sax music xD. I had seen an animation parody of that moment in the game on the internet before I played the game and thought that the music was just added by the animator, but I was surprised that it was actually used in the game xD. It's just so overly cheesy to me.
I find it a bit hilarious that people tend to take SF series so seriously, like if it was something like Mass Effect where it's essentially supposed to be as deep and thoughtful as Star Wars (or even more so). The games are about animals shooting other animals in space, it isn't really that deep nor do the creators care for it to be such.
I've always seen SF games as really cartoony, as in that nothing is supposed to be taken that seriously, but somehow people can take anything veery seriously, no matter how ridiculous the scenario is.

And all that furryphobia stuff, I think people have just been too much on the internet lately and would need to realize that not everything in the world is "dark and weird" (not saying furries are those, I mean things in general that people don't understand). Sometimes things are just as innocent as they seem, without any deep meaning behind of it or any "dark" things attached to it.
Next people start saying that Disney only started using anthro animals to indoctrinate everyone into being furries (even though there is an extremely simple reason for using anthropomorphic animals in anything (pssst, they're a lot more memorable than a generic human face!)). Get yo folio hats ready guys. ;o

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I laughed when I saw those comments xD it's literally the definition of youtube comments, nothing but mindless monkeys thinking they are the ones who are always right and everybody else is wrong. Like everyone who makes Youtube content says "You don't read Youtube comments".

I also laugh at the creator of the video and how he is defending it. Saying that this video is supposed to create conversation about who people think would be horrible additions. The video might as well be two jackasses saying "This character should not be in because nazis" <_< like that makes a lot of sense and totally makes you seem like a smart individual.
You don't create thoughtful conversation by spouting nonsense. Sure it is their opinion if they don't like certain characters, but saying random things and thinking it's a valid is not going to create good conversation. It creates of void of nonsense where people who disagree get to be ignored and told that they are wrong and dumb for having such an opinion. I might as well say "K Rool shouldn't be in smash because he's fat and I hate fat people. They give bad examples for kids for being fat and also I hate color green, plus he's ******** and not even a real character that Nintendo would've made. And if you disagree with me, you are what's wrong with this country and world, stop supporting nazis you nazi!!!!!".
I totally seem like rational and a smart individual after saying something like that don't I? Don't you just feel like answering to me in someway meaningful way that would make me see different opinions and views as something valid? Nope, you'd think that I would be crazy and should probably, let's put it nicely here, f*ck off.

The right way would be to say meaningful things regarding to the subject matter, and not calling everyone else who has a different opinion dumb*ssess. That way you create good and smart conversations since it gives a "nice mood" to the whole thing, where you aren't "penalized" for having a different opinion, but are rewarded by it by creating more and bigger conversations, that in the end can give you different points of views on the subject matter.

I myself laughed at that sax music xD. I had seen an animation parody of that moment in the game on the internet before I played the game and thought that the music was just added by the animator, but I was surprised that it was actually used in the game xD. It's just so overly cheesy to me.
I find it a bit hilarious that people tend to take SF series so seriously, like if it was something like Mass Effect where it's essentially supposed to be as deep and thoughtful as Star Wars (or even more so). The games are about animals shooting other animals in space, it isn't really that deep nor do the creators care for it to be such.
I've always seen SF games as really cartoony, as in that nothing is supposed to be taken that seriously, but somehow people can take anything veery seriously, no matter how ridiculous the scenario is.

And all that furryphobia stuff, I think people have just been too much on the internet lately and would need to realize that not everything in the world is "dark and weird" (not saying furries are those, I mean things in general that people don't understand). Sometimes things are just as innocent as they seem, without any deep meaning behind of it or any "dark" things attached to it.
Next people start saying that Disney only started using anthro animals to indoctrinate everyone into being furries (even though there is an extremely simple reason for using anthropomorphic animals in anything (pssst, they're a lot more memorable than a generic human face!)). Get yo folio hats ready guys. ;o
I understand and enjoy the lighthearted nature of the Star Fox series. I think the characters benefit more from it then they would overwrought stories full of drama for sure.

However, about the sax music though, I basically first interpreted it as silly music in Fox's head because he's into Krystal. But then in the last couple minutes of Adventures they seemed to make it her music. It's less an issue with the music as it is an issue with the implications of it and what the writers were trying to do with Krystal. I know that these characters are meant to pretty basic and not taken too seriously, but even with simple characters it can feel odd when their behavior or image changes. As silly as it was, the moment that music played in association with Krystal, she was seen not as a hero or even a damsel in distress, but as just a "Fox interest" and later in the last few minutes of the game she played into that role. I can live with this of course, I mean, look at me here in this thread, heh... but I can say this characterization wasn't the best for her. Sure, there's shippers out there that ate it up, but for the most part I think most people would admit that her and Fox was a bit awkwardly introduced for her character.

More about the sax music itself specifically, since I'm not done with it, heh. On the soundtrack it's called Krystal's Theme. That always kind of annoyed me because when I see the name "Krystal's Theme" I want to hear a hero's theme. Something associated with how she tried to save Sauria with a more "Saurian sound" perhaps. Or maybe even something sadder associated with her capture with Krazoa music influences. Instead we get that sax which is pretty jarring among the more tribal sounds of Adventures. And when you name that sax piece "Krystal's Theme" it's basically like saying, "this music represents Krystal and thus is most representative of her. She's Fox's love interest. All that hero stuff from the early part of the game is less important and doesn't really represent her". Yes, yes, silly of me to take the interpretation of a name so seriously and so far. I should laugh that Krystal has this silly music associated with her and think about how cute Fox and Krystal are... but hey... just saying, it didn't really jive with me then and it still really doesn't. And it's not like I hate saxophone music, lol. It just felt wrong for me on a couple different levels, which is disappointing to say when it's a character's "theme".

Sorry if this sounds a bit downer or whatever. I love Adventures. It's one of my favs. Doesn't mean it didn't have a couple little things that I wasn't a huge fan of. It's probably a good sign that this is probably one of my biggest gripes actually, heh... and mostly because of how it changed the character perception of Krystal. And before you say anything, I actually kind of liked Tricky. I thought he was funny. Some of my favorite Fox characterization in the game was how he reacted to Tricky often times.

Oh, and about that Youtube video you were talking with Krayon about... yeah it's stupid, but that's exactly what these guys were going for. Numerous times they were laughing about the anger they'd get for what they said. This wasn't a "delicate procedure" to get people mad. It was a blunt instrument. They weren't concerned with formulating reasons or making arguments. They just wanted to shout their exaggerated opinions to sound ridiculous and make people react. And I say "exaggerated" because I believe they don't even care as much as they made it out they do, but it's more funny to be bombastic so they went all in. Responding seriously to such a video doesn't seem worth the time since there's little serious about what these guys were doing. Besides, people taking them too seriously is exactly the kind of thing they'd love to get a good laugh out of after deliberate telling everyone that they're basically trolling.

Basically, I wouldn't worry about the dumb video. It's "bait". Leave it alone. But if you like the challenge go ahead and take the bait and see if you can actually pull the switch in some small fashion.

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
After months of this ballot, it's finally coming to an end today. A very weird feeling considering that you've become so used to the ballot being there and now it will suddenly be gone. Now, all of these campaigns will now be left wondering, when will these characters be revealed and who was chosen? Just know that no matter the end result, whether they decided to finally add our psychic vixen to the roster or not, we did our best and we did everything in our power to achieve krystallization.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I understand and enjoy the lighthearted nature of the Star Fox series. I think the characters benefit more from it then they would overwrought stories full of drama for sure.

However, about the sax music though, I basically first interpreted it as silly music in Fox's head because he's into Krystal. But then in the last couple minutes of Adventures they seemed to make it her music. It's less an issue with the music as it is an issue with the implications of it and what the writers were trying to do with Krystal. I know that these characters are meant to pretty basic and not taken too seriously, but even with simple characters it can feel odd when their behavior or image changes. As silly as it was, the moment that music played in association with Krystal, she was seen not as a hero or even a damsel in distress, but as just a "Fox interest" and later in the last few minutes of the game she played into that role. I can live with this of course, I mean, look at me here in this thread, heh... but I can say this characterization wasn't the best for her. Sure, there's shippers out there that ate it up, but for the most part I think most people would admit that her and Fox was a bit awkwardly introduced for her character.

More about the sax music itself specifically, since I'm not done with it, heh. On the soundtrack it's called Krystal's Theme. That always kind of annoyed me because when I see the name "Krystal's Theme" I want to hear a hero's theme. Something associated with how she tried to save Sauria with a more "Saurian sound" perhaps. Or maybe even something sadder associated with her capture with Krazoa music influences. Instead we get that sax which is pretty jarring among the more tribal sounds of Adventures. And when you name that sax piece "Krystal's Theme" it's basically like saying, "this music represents Krystal and thus is most representative of her. She's Fox's love interest. All that hero stuff from the early part of the game is less important and doesn't really represent her". Yes, yes, silly of me to take the interpretation of a name so seriously and so far. I should laugh that Krystal has this silly music associated with her and think about how cute Fox and Krystal are... but hey... just saying, it didn't really jive with me then and it still really doesn't. And it's not like I hate saxophone music, lol. It just felt wrong for me on a couple different levels, which is disappointing to say when it's a character's "theme".

Sorry if this sounds a bit downer or whatever. I love Adventures. It's one of my favs. Doesn't mean it didn't have a couple little things that I wasn't a huge fan of. It's probably a good sign that this is probably one of my biggest gripes actually, heh... and mostly because of how it changed the character perception of Krystal. And before you say anything, I actually kind of liked Tricky. I thought he was funny. Some of my favorite Fox characterization in the game was how he reacted to Tricky often times.
I can see your point, but I just never really thought much of it. I do agree that I want Krystal to be a badass and not some damsel (this was actually the biggest let down to me when I played the game, since the cover clearly shows that "this is an adventure with all these characters", but nope, it was just Fox <_<), but I can also understand why everything ended up the way they are, because of the "mess" that was SF Adventure development. That is why I just don't really see much meaning behind with that music, since I can easily see what the devs thought at that moment in development when doing it.
I highly doubt they meant or wanted to make Krystal be or seem like a damsel who just falls for Fox immediately, because how Krystal was originally the main character of the game and so on. how I kinda ended up seeing all of it was that they just happened to be meant for each other in the sense of "fate". When Krystal first meets Fox when she is freed and when she almost falls their eyes meet up with each other and the music starts to play, giving the impression that it was fate that let them to meet each other, but she immediately ends up taking her staff back and starts firing Andross, partially showing what kind of a badass she can be and that she is more than just a simple damsel for Fox.
But that's just how I felt in the end of the game. (Btw I liked tricky, I was happily surprised that he had a small appearance
in Assault, felt like fun nod towards Adventure). :)

Oh, and about that Youtube video you were talking with Krayon about... yeah it's stupid, but that's exactly what these guys were going for. Numerous times they were laughing about the anger they'd get for what they said. This wasn't a "delicate procedure" to get people mad. It was a blunt instrument. They weren't concerned with formulating reasons or making arguments. They just wanted to shout their exaggerated opinions to sound ridiculous and make people react. And I say "exaggerated" because I believe they don't even care as much as they made it out they do, but it's more funny to be bombastic so they went all in. Responding seriously to such a video doesn't seem worth the time since there's little serious about what these guys were doing. Besides, people taking them too seriously is exactly the kind of thing they'd love to get a good laugh out of after deliberate telling everyone that they're basically trolling.

Basically, I wouldn't worry about the dumb video. It's "bait". Leave it alone. But if you like the challenge go ahead and take the bait and see if you can actually pull the switch in some small fashion.
Oh, I'm not gonna waste my time with nonsense spouting with anyone on the video or on the comments. I just feel that if you're supposed to create conversation (like the videos creator says in the comments) with different opinions, then you should do it smartly, rather than yelling and insulting. Because what's the point of the conversation, when it's just pointless yelling and bashing. They can have that type of conversation for fun, that's fine, but when they start claiming that they wanted to here different opinions and create conversation, then I'm just going to say "you're doing it wrong mate".
I enjoy having simple conversations with people who have different opinions, not because I want them to change their own views on the subject matter, but because I want to hear and know different perspectives. I had few conversations on reddit about Krystal where I simply "challenged" (not in a rivalry way) other peoples views by questioning their thoughts, in order to create conversation so that I could understand the "other side of the coin" better. If they simply want to hate Krystal, then that's fine, I might want to know why they hate her, and if their reasons seem a bit unjustified or "dumb", I want to try and give some food for thought for them.
This one person on reddit didn't like the idea of Krystal being in smash and one of his/her reasons were that he was afraid of furries taking millions of "creepy" pics and posting them to miiverse, and I simply questioned this by saying "There already is a model of Krystal in smash (the trophy), so if that would be true that furries would just start "piling" creepy pics on miiverse, then I'd say that would've happened already". I also addressed the fact that maybe he was afraid that Krystal would wear her tribal look if she was added by saying "I doubt they would use her tribal outfit over her assault/new design, since they already have a big no no policy (because of Cero) for "sexually explicit" content (possible pantie shots)". And the guy was cool and calm when I said all this stuff and didn't try to bash me for wanting Krystal in smash.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
The very reasons why the youtube comments section is a void of pure cancerous garbage.
It's populated by a bunch of idiots who think they own the world.
And there is always a stupid, pointless flame war in every one of them.
I always avoid sharing my opinions on youtube. If I made a comment stating that I wanted Krystal in Smash, some troll or hater is going to reply with an insult and state his opinion on why she shouldn't be in, which is always that dumb furry argument which just makes me want to tear my eyes out of their sockets out of disgust and my hatred for that idiotic reason.
I really hope Krystal makes it in now. I'm not giving up my support and no hater is going to discourage me, especially the ones who don't have a valid reason as to why she is not a worthy candidate for DLC.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Well i've put one final vote in, the description wasnt as good as the last one, but it's something I guess. I doubt pretending to be a girl would help, but who knows.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Well i've put one final vote in, the description wasnt as good as the last one, but it's something I guess. I doubt pretending to be a girl would help, but who knows.
I've always been tempted to throw multiple votes for Krystal, but in the end I've decided to stick to the rules and just stay with my one vote. But I'm glad that some decide to use their multiple votes for Krystal ;).

Top Bottom