• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'm not mad that Dixie got smashified it's their choice.

Ohh but I do feel lied gotta ask where is the "good amount of blue" thing they mentioned...?
Where is it?
I don't see any blue...
Do you?
Am I color blind?
Am I looking into a different picture?
Why they hint us like that...

No Krystal....

deep breath* I'm cool.

THERE'S NO FREAKING BLUE!!!

If you watch the video, they used a lot of blue to make other colors I believe. Misleading hint but its technically true. Also they did say they were doing a character from a series they've covered. They haven't done Star Fox. It wouldn't have been Krystal.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I'm not mad that Dixie got smashified it's their choice.

Ohh but I do feel lied gotta ask where is the "good amount of blue" thing they mentioned...?
Where is it?
I don't see any blue...
Do you?
Am I color blind?
Am I looking into a different picture?
Why they hint us like that...

No Krystal....

deep breath* I'm cool.

THERE'S NO FREAKING BLUE!!!

Did you not watch the Smashified Video? He said that because to make Pink you need Blue or something like that.

Since when did Smashified have anything to do with who'd be getting in Smash? That's like saying whoever's number 1 on the ballot automatically gets in, it just doesnt work especially since Sakurai bases it on uniqueness, and as others have just said this is the same guy who chose a fan character from an earthbound fan game, and even the fanbase from that's been pretty obnoxious as of late with the art acting like its canon and all.

I dont know why people are still on about this meaningless reboot theory, nothing was ever stated of it being such that it was even confirmed it's in an alternate universe, and even those on gamefaqs know this. You might as well go and say Metroid Zero Mission wrote off everything because it rebooted the NES game, but it didn't because Prime 3 released soon after, it literally shares the same Zero title and that came out long before this, so I dont see the point here. The only people that are still on this are the same people who for some mental reason cannot get past 64, it's like this one guy I used to follow long ago before everyone and I turned on him, his avgn clone videos were relatively ok, but boy did he have this problem with Jason Griffith and the Sonic games in general after the Adventure series. And like this guy, minus the lawsuit threats, these people who're still on about the Star Fox sequels and Krystal are nothing more than a minority.

It's pretty damn ironic too considering how I heard 64s 3DS version was nowhere near as how the original 64 game did back in 97, even those sequels and the snes original minus Command did a better job than it, so I mean if Star Fox was truly that popular, it would've still done as well, but it didn't. It's why I claim Zero is doomed because not only did Nintendo fail to keep the series alive in the same way they do with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, but they delayed the game from the time that it could've had some chance, but even that was going to get overshadowed by four AAA games because not only is that what people want but i've said before, the genre Star Fox is died eons ago. The real kicker, its release is right around the WiiUs ending period, so that makes things even worse. I could be wrong though, but until then.

And boy am I picking the right time to do this, but I feel I must. People, I should've said this months ago, and I know it was terrible to act differently about it, though really I just didnt want the attention, but the person who, and still is doing those Krystal doodles...

View attachment 75849 View attachment 75850

is me
Really? That is cool! Doesn't change much really since you have been here most of the time anyway. :3

Now I wish I could draw as well. Lol

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
And boy am I picking the right time to do this, but I feel I must. People, I should've said this months ago, and I know it was terrible to act differently about it, though really I just didnt want the attention, but the person who, and still is doing those Krystal doodles...

is me
0.o no freaking way man...

Edit: Well this kinda blew my mind. xD

Last edited:

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
Well I just can't think of a good moveset for Dixie, she will probably be a Diddy clone, and honestly, I do think that DK should get another rep, BUT I am firmly supporting K Rool for that
She has moveset potential. The only thing you probably see is: D-Throw to Uair. @BirthNote, @VeemonTamer, and others came up with movesets in the Dixie support thread. Even though I support K Rool & Dixie for Smash, if I had to choose one... it would be Dixie. This doesn't mean I hate K Rool. I'm just not very fond of heavy characters because they're combo food. That said, I don't hate heavy characters either (Ganon & Bowser are my favorite ones).

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne

Hey guys, I don't know if you're interested or not, but Etika is doing his own smash ballot right now. I don't exactly trust this one considering Shrek and Shia Lebouf are on it and BOTH are doing better than Krystal XD, but If you want to give Krystal support, you can go here: http://strawpoll.me/5619261. The ballot had to be split into three because there wasn't enough room.

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Well I saw the smash news and I guess I was wrong about Wolf being reveal today ( why are my predictions always wrong), but anyway I'm glad they brought back the pirate ship back and I wonder about Wolf's chances now that he is pretty much a ballot character. Also

The ballot will end in 3 days and this will determine each voted characters fates ( I hope Krystal doesn't meet a terrible fate).
TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr No way I can't believe this, Alfore you were already here this whole time, well I don't know what to say but you are an awesome Krystal supporter and an amazing artist. Oh and don't worry you weren't being selfish and I understand.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
In the meantime i'm sorta recreating a bunch of images before this ends, the third being original to some extent, i'm sure those who've played it should know what it is.

WVW69icHenAfI6jqFN.png
WVW69icHVsMiMtw7JM.png
WVW69ibpSMIeTAQe2Z.jpg

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
In the meantime i'm sorta recreating a bunch of images before this ends, the third being original to some extent, i'm sure those who've played it should know what it is.

View attachment 75857 View attachment 75858 View attachment 75859
Awww the left one looks pretty cute.

I'm impressed how many drawing you did and that you are still doing more any other Krystal fan would have stopped long cause of haters... really sorry that you have to deal with that I've seen plenty of stupid comments in your drawings fom closed minded fools. Good thing Mr Ness, santos and others are always there to cheer you up.

PS: I kinda get the feeling you don't like Fox very much.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Hey guys, I don't know if you're interested or not, but Etika is doing his own smash ballot right now. I don't exactly trust this one considering Shrek and Shia Lebouf are on it and BOTH are doing better than Krystal XD, but If you want to give Krystal support, you can go here: http://strawpoll.me/5619261. The ballot had to be split into three because there wasn't enough room.
ew, etika...

Last edited:

darklink34

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 75857 View attachment 75858 View attachment 75859
I was kinda wondering who you supposedly were on miiverse, because I remember you talking about that guy who goes by the name Fox McCloud and how he just kept blocking everyone who disagreed with him. xD Well now that mystery has been solved. Oh btw, thanks for letting me know about the game called Solatorobo: red the hunter, I had never heard of it before until you mentioned it on this thread. I haven't gotten too far yet, since I still got a few games I want to finish before I move on to it, but I have to say that I really have enjoyed it so far and I'm looking forward to playing through it! :)

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Since when did Smashified have anything to do with who'd be getting in Smash? That's like saying whoever's number 1 on the ballot automatically gets in, it just doesnt work especially since Sakurai bases it on uniqueness, and as others have just said this is the same guy who chose a fan character from an earthbound fan game, and even the fanbase from that's been pretty obnoxious as of late with the art acting like its canon and all.

I dont know why people are still on about this meaningless reboot theory, nothing was ever stated of it being such that it was even confirmed it's in an alternate universe, and even those on gamefaqs know this. You might as well go and say Metroid Zero Mission wrote off everything because it rebooted the NES game, but it didn't because Prime 3 released soon after, it literally shares the same Zero title and that came out long before this, so I dont see the point here. The only people that are still on this are the same people who for some mental reason cannot get past 64, it's like this one guy I used to follow long ago before everyone and I turned on him, his avgn clone videos were relatively ok, but boy did he have this problem with Jason Griffith and the Sonic games in general after the Adventure series. And like this guy, minus the lawsuit threats, these people who're still on about the Star Fox sequels and Krystal are nothing more than a minority.

It's pretty damn ironic too considering how I heard 64s 3DS version was nowhere near as how the original 64 game did back in 97, even those sequels and the snes original minus Command did a better job than it, so I mean if Star Fox was truly that popular, it would've still done as well, but it didn't. It's why I claim Zero is doomed because not only did Nintendo fail to keep the series alive in the same way they do with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, but they delayed the game from the time that it could've had some chance, but even that was going to get overshadowed by four AAA games because not only is that what people want but i've said before, the genre Star Fox is died eons ago. The real kicker, its release is right around the WiiUs ending period, so that makes things even worse. I could be wrong though, but until then.

is me
I'm hugely impressed! This post might sound super cheesy, but the amount of high quality drawings you finished before the ballot finished were really inspiring for miiverse noobs like me! Not only that, but the drawings actually piqued my curiosity in Krystal as a character, and I kept coming back to this thread see which characters would show up in the next drawing.

Also, though I still haven't played any games with Krystal in them yet, I'm thinking about picking up Adventures and maybe borrowing Assault from one of my friends. I started on this thread as someone who didn't care much about Krystal but still wanted to see you guys get the character you've been waiting for since Brawl, to a full-on supporter. You all have made me genuinely interested in a character I didn't know I wanted!

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I fixed your comment. Your welcome. View attachment 75864 If you don't like him I really don't care, he's not for everyone.
He's not for me, I can tell you that. Etika is not a journalist. He's a reaction artist. The creeper in the night who goes around with camera in hand looking for gruesome footage to sell to news outlets at the scene of a crime or a car accident. When he entertains literally every leak no matter how obviously fraudulent it is, I can tell he's in it for the money. A reaction poster. Now you know why I'm not a fan.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
He's not for me, I can tell you that. Etika is not a journalist. He's a reaction artist. The creeper in the night who goes around with camera in hand looking for gruesome footage to sell to news outlets at the scene of a crime or a car accident. When he entertains literally every leak no matter how obviously fraudulent it is, I can tell he's in it for the money. A reaction poster. Now you know why I'm not a fan.
He's not a news channel either :secretkpop:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

is me
I gotta give it to you...that's sneaky. You've been here the whole damn time. That's the kind of under-the-radar thing I would do!

As someone who's been involved on Youtube for over half a year now...I do not like Etika. He relies on clickbait titles, overreactions, and jumping to conclusions for the sake of manipulating views.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
--caution for the worst Krystal drawing you ever saw--
my sincere wishes of luck for the blue fox. =). Sadly, I wasn't so present here as I wished, but my desire to have her in the game never changed. Good luck everyone!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
THIS. Has the guy ever actually made any content for himself? That's not even mentioning his toxic fanbase

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
We didn't get any new fighters today for Sm4sh, but the Fox McCloud Mii fighter costume makes me happy. Nonetheless, I wonder if the data miners found anything interesting in today's update besides buffs & nerfs for the characters already in the roster.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Nonetheless, I wonder if the data miners found anything interesting in today's update besides buffs & nerfs for the characters already in the roster.
Considering we haven't heard anything yet, it seems like this is yet another update with no secrets accidentally left in the data.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman

is me
I'm hugely impressed! This post might sound super cheesy, but the amount of high quality drawings you finished before the ballot finished were really inspiring for miiverse noobs like me! Not only that, but the drawings actually piqued my curiosity in Krystal as a character, and I kept coming back to this thread see which characters would show up in the next drawing.

Also, though I still haven't played any games with Krystal in them yet, I'm thinking about picking up Adventures and maybe borrowing Assault from one of my friends. I started on this thread as someone who didn't care much about Krystal but still wanted to see you guys get the character you've been waiting for since Brawl, to a full-on supporter. You all have made me genuinely interested in a character I didn't know I wanted!
That is really cool! I'm not sure if I sure be glad for you or what. Lol
Anyway. Its cool that you came to like and want Krystal for smash because of us! I wish more people were as open to that like you.

--caution for the worst Krystal drawing you ever saw--
my sincere wishes of luck for the blue fox. =). Sadly, I wasn't so present here as I wished, but my desire to have her in the game never changed. Good luck everyone!
Don't worry. Your drawing (if that was yours) wasn't bad at all! Its way better then a lot of art I see for her anyways! I remember seeing your Avatar around in the K. Rool thread since I remember Avatars more then names. Lol Good luck to you all over in his thread as well!

Last edited:

Girnee

Smash Cadet
So I just remembered today that the ballot ends Saturday and finally decided to use my vote for Krystal, hopefully we'll get to play as her in Smash 4 in the near future :D

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
So I just remembered today that the ballot ends Saturday and finally decided to use my vote for Krystal, hopefully we'll get to play as her in Smash 4 in the near future :D
Cool! lots of new people coming in to show support at the end! I wonder if this is how it will be if she gets added. And we finally have our own Smashboards / forum / Krystal ! Like for Roy, Mewtwo and Lucas! I won't know how to react seeing this thread get flooded like that if it happens! The Roy thread was so full or people and everyone was so happy it was great seeing it all happen. :3

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Cool! lots of new people coming in to show support at the end! I wonder if this is how it will be if she gets added. And we finally have our own Smashboards / forum / Krystal ! Like for Roy, Mewtwo and Lucas! I won't know how to react seeing this thread get flooded like that if it happens! The Roy thread was so full or people and everyone was so happy it was great seeing it all happen. :3
I seriously cant say this for a fact, but with the few of us having those foreseeing dreams about it, maybe it will happen, but who really knows.
I've had this sort of thing happen a number of times lately, the recent one practically made my heart race in my sleep, it honestly felt real. If i've had situations of merely thinking of an episode of a show and it coincidentally happens then...

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
As far as the Zero theory goes, I'm entitled to my opinion as are you. I don't have a lot of faith in Nintendo and who knows their logic behind some of the ass-backwards choices that they make regarding business. Just because it shares the Zero title doesn't mean it will follow the trend of Metroid...just like how just because it's a remake doesn't necessarily mean it's a reboot. Hell, I don't think I'd believe them even if they claimed it wasn't a reboot. Nintendo does have a small tendency to lie in efforts to cover their ass. Alas, neither of us will know for sure any time soon. Understand, I want no other character in besides Krystal and have been that way since Brawl was revealing its roster. I just happen to doubt Nintendo, reasonably so.

Also, solid drawings.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
As far as the Zero theory goes, I'm entitled to my opinion as are you. I don't have a lot of faith in Nintendo and who knows their logic behind some of the ***-backwards choices that they make regarding business. Just because it shares the Zero title doesn't mean it will follow the trend of Metroid...just like how just because it's a remake doesn't necessarily mean it's a reboot. Hell, I don't think I'd believe them even if they claimed it wasn't a reboot. Nintendo does have a small tendency to lie in efforts to cover their ***. Alas, neither of us will know for sure any time soon. Understand, I want no other character in besides Krystal and have been that way since Brawl was revealing its roster. I just happen to doubt Nintendo, reasonably so.

Also, solid drawings.
If it will really do anything, I thought of sending em a nice present to em, believe it or not I jokefully went to a con in Maine with a large sign asking for support for Krystal thinking i'd get a ton of flak, but other than one bald semi furry who tried bashing me, I had at least 20 people say something positive about it, but part of me wonders if that was actually serious. It doesnt really matter either way, I had my fun (roit shield Krystal sign), but I have no reason to keep the thing once this ballot ends. I have thought about using it at my local con one more time after, but...

It would be nice if Nintendo does say something about it other than their cheap response, i'd be amused if they posted the thing on their gallery. In fact I might ask em to do that just so I at least know for sure they got it, I cant be too optimistic though.

If anyone's curious, I can post an image of the sign, but I will say it's not the best but it was something.

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
If it will really do anything, I thought of sending em a nice present to em, believe it or not I jokefully went to a con in Maine with a large sign asking for support for Krystal thinking i'd get a ton of flak, but other than one bald semi furry who tried bashing me, I had at least 20 people say something positive about it, but part of me wonders if that was actually serious. It doesnt really matter either way, I had my fun (roit shield Krystal sign), but I have no reason to keep the thing once this ballot ends. I have thought about using it at my local con one more time after, but...

It would be nice if Nintendo does say something about it other than their cheap response, i'd be amused if they posted the thing on their gallery. In fact I might ask em to do that just so I at least know for sure they got it, I cant be too optimistic though.

If anyone's curious, I can post an image of the sign, but I will say it's not the best but it was something.
Krystal Sign Riot Shield...
giphy.gif

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Well, had a bit of time this afternoon so I bought up all that DLC and got to play around with it. The Mario Maker stage is a ton of fun. I see it being the go to stage when I play casually with friends. It's just so fun to see what it's going to look like this time!

Oh, and I was pretty psyched about the Monster Hunter Armor for Miis. It's about time MH got some shoutouts in Smash. I think a Felyne AT should be a think. A few of them running onto the stage and dropping a large barrel bomb or running around individually with little bombs. That or the monsters of course. I love that game. I'm happy just getting armor though if that's all the game gets, which is what I expect will be the case.

Only thing really disappointing is that the patch is underwhelming and no new characters. I was really hoping for Wolf to get announced at least. I've hoped for him to get his butt into Smash already so many times now though. I guess he's a likely ballot character now though and next best scenario is a Wolf and Krystal DLC getting released together... at least, that's my best case scenario now.

Oh, and of course I love Pirate Ship. It wasn't my most wanted returning Brawl stage but it was in the top 3. Number 1 is Frigate Orpheon though. Don't know how many more stages to expect. Generally, I'd rather new unique stages, but if I had to pick one stage from a previous Smash to get into Smash 4 now, it's Orpheon. More Prime representation would be good in general. Heck, I could really go off on a tangent with this subject. So many good stage options out there. A new Star Fox stage certainly is especially if we get Wolf and Krystal. It'll probably be Zero related but I think we can all agree that an Adventures stage or something to pay homage to Krystal would be awesome.

Strawpolls don't have any limitation on them as I recall. It's why I've put a lot more trust in the account limited polls. Already, just one character on Etika's poll has more votes than the total number of votes that the Source Gaming poll got. I know Etika is popular, but that seems a bit ridiculous in just a few hours.

That said, I gave Krystal a vote of course.

I gotta give it to you...that's sneaky. You've been here the whole damn time. That's the kind of under-the-radar thing I would do!
Me too actually. I still do it between other communities. Between here and my Nintendo account though... there's a long history basically and I'm certainly not trying to hide who I am between those two mediums. My first online friends to play Smash with came from here so naturally I kept the name consistent even now just in case I run into old friends.

I really have to admit I love that Cyn/Alfore chose to be somewhat anonymous you could say. It's actually really funny when I think about it since I remember Cyn showing up around the same time I first noticed Alfore pics on Miiverse. And then those times Cyn compiled and shared Alfore's pics and talked about them like someone else made them, heh. If it were me, I'd be quite amused at people unknowingly praising my work in my presence, lol.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys believe there's going to happen something special when the ballot ends or in the coming few days when it has ended? Or just a simple "thank you" message on the smash bros page and that's it?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Do you guys believe there's going to happen something special when the ballot ends or in the coming few days when it has ended? Or just a simple "thank you" message on the smash bros page and that's it?
A tweet thanking us for our participation if we're lucky. Yeah, it's probably not what you want to hear, is it? Wouldn't we all like the dream veteran of our choice and a really cool newcomer to be in the works this whole time, ready to be released a few days after the ballot? As much as I'd like Solid Snake and Krystal to appear out of nowhere, I don't think it's likely to happen this soon.

I never was very good at like farming.

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this was a really disappointing patch considering what we were all hoping for. We may get lucky for the ballot, but I wouldn't count on it. Nintendo is awful about wrecking the hype train.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
We might see some big announcement...but it doesn't seem very likely. I'd say we should look more toward the next Direct...whenever it is...

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx

2 more days guys and I also don't expect anything to be announce on the day of the ballot.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't really expecting much more than mii costumes and maybe one additional map along with the mario maker map, so this updates content wasn't that surprising to me.
It really does seem like no one has any idea what's going to happen xD which I find it a bit funny, since a lot of people felt like they knew everything and thought that there was some kind of a pattern with everything Sakurai did, but now everyone is clueless. (I don't really mean you guys, but more like people who always seemed to think that they were right, like those who have biased opinions about who will get added from the ballot and who won't).
I guess I should congratulate Sakurai for managing to keep everything as a secret, just the way he wants it. :p
Right now I feel that the only moment we can start predicting something, and have a chance in being right, is when a direct is announced out of nowhere.
Mysterious times we are living.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Let me say this... If Nintendo hasn't been busy developing character content, they should have been tracking the ballots this whole time, occasionally stopping to read an idea that catches their interest. That much I do expect.

Top Bottom