• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
If this leak is true and we don't get any characters from the Ballot as playable characters I will refuse to buy anything Nintendo related, because that is deceptive advertising and I WILL NOT EEEEVER LET ANY COMPANY GET AWAY WITH THAT KIND OF CRAP,
At that point I would do what started as a joke between me one of my best friends and begin making our own Fan-Made Smash Bros game. I will be beyond pissed that we waited six f***ing months just for two characters that aren't even the tops from the Ballot.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I know they don't I've said that my self many times and to many different people but in Web and Real Life...but this one just hit a little bit more closer to home then the others to me...
Because its Krystal.

Looking into it further. I haven't seen that specific art for Shovel Knight. But it could still be a hoax (Omni Rayman). The stage looks good as well but again, could be a hoax (Dr. Mario stage).

Also this is very strange: Waluigi (Overalls Only)

Why just his overalls? That's so dumb.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Because its Krystal.

Looking into it further. I haven't seen that specific art for Shovel Knight. But it could still be a hoax (Omni Rayman). The stage looks good as well but again, could be a hoax (Dr. Mario stage).

Also this is very strange: Waluigi (Overalls Only)

Why just his overalls? That's so dumb.
I looked at the Shovel Knight Render and it looks Bland as hell. Like, really bland. That helped make this look more fake.
Don't get the wrong idea though, Spika. I've always said costumes mean nothing. I said it when the Inklings were shown and when King K. Rool's was shown.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I looked at the Shovel Knight Render and it looks Bland as hell. Like, really bland. That helped make this look more fake.
Don't get the wrong idea though, Spika. I've always said costumes mean nothing. I said it when the Inklings were shown and when King K. Rool's was shown.
First of all, its Pika. I need a sign or something that says that.

And yeah, the render is pretty bland. Don't really believe it until there is video (even then Omni lol).

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
I've seen the pics. There's already a thread on the smash reddit picking this apart.

Even on the 4chan thread, everyone is screaming "VIDEO OR IT AINT REAL"

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
That's Exactly what I am saying, the leak one year ago taught us that, if it has video evidence it's real
Yeah, if they can get past the select screen (since apparently even that can be doctored) and show us Shovel Knight in motion.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Yeah I saw it myself. Looks fake and like you guys said, it can be photoshopped. Unless we see some video footage on this from 4chan, I will not believe it. It it was, this would be a devastating blow.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
It looked a little convincing at first, but that Shovel Knight render looks awful. We've seen all sorts of fake leaks like the Rayman leak, Dr. Mario stage, and others I'm sure. This just doesn't make the cut for me.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I shoulda cooked up a convincing Krystal rumor so a troll would piggyback off it and get us a high quality render. They'd probably beat Smashified to the punch the rate they're going.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Something about that pose looks completely off. I'm a Shovel Knight supporter but this looks more fake than real.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
No new mii suits photos.
Shovel knight dosen't look as detailed as the others.
No footage.

Fake.

Honestly guys how would you feel if Krystal gets a Mii suit?
I don't think K rool got deconfirmed because the mii suit so I guess I would be Okay.

Last edited:

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
So for now, Krystal hopefully lives.

...man, when is the final date for the poll. The wait is killing me...

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Indeed October 3rd is the end of the Ballot. That's a week and a half away.

September 30th is when we are expecting our next big DLC Wave. Along with Super Mario Maker stage, people have deduced that at least one more standalone stage is coming, meaning this very well may be the last of the Pre-Ballot DLC, and a full on Wave to boot. A pre-ballot character is likely, and it is likely Wolf, unless they start showing off Ballot characters early, which is very possible.

And the 30th is exactly a week away.

Hold onto your hats ladies and gentlemen.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
So, here's a poll that SmashDojo is using to compile their data on the polls. Since we aren't really doing anything else, I figured maybe we could summon a presence on this poll. I was always on the fence about SmashDojo, because the author seems to have quite the ego complex. So here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

I also don't know the validity of the poll. It doesn't seem to have any safeguards against multiple voting, but that doesn't mean that it registers every vote...only that it allows you to keep voting.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think that leak is fake and I've got more than "no videos" to go on.

The Shovel Knight trophy is unlocked before the alt and the bonus trophies whereas when you purchase Ryu you get the alt trophy and Ken immediately while you need to unlock the main one in classic mode

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I think that leak is fake and I've got more than "no videos" to go on.

The Shovel Knight trophy is unlocked before the alt and the bonus trophies whereas when you purchase Ryu you get the alt trophy and Ken immediately while you need to unlock the main one in classic mode
This leak used a preexisting render, which the owner of came out and said was his. It was destined to have a shelf life shorter than sushi, but it did have other errors. Like the inconsistent font on the trophy description. I've never seen a leak with this much work get debunked so quickly. The troll's 15 minutes of fame were up before he knew it. Didn't even have a chance to inhale that bag of cheetos before everyone caught on.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
This leak used a preexisting render, which the owner of came out and said was his. It was destined to have a shelf life shorter than sushi, but it did have other errors. Like the inconsistent font on the trophy description. I've never seen a leak with this much work get debunked so quickly. The troll's 15 minutes of fame were up before he knew it. Didn't even have a chance to inhale that bag of cheetos before everyone caught on.
Well, this will most likely just lead to another attempt of making fake leaks.

I actually woke up in the morning and decided to check this thread quickly and got scared a bit when I heard about a leak with pics and Krystal being a mii costume. But after I checked the "leaks" they immediately seemed so fake, I mean I was expecting to see mii with Krystal outfit and not some easily edited text on a "unlock" screen (I don't mean that I could do it easily or better, but a lot of people can who know how to edit pictures etc). You really need to bring your absolute best if you want your leak to believed as real (meaning mostly a video or a lot of pics on different angles etc), especially when everyone has the access to Smash 4, meaning it's easy to edit and create something that looks real.

#NeverForgetRayman

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Top 438 in the Individual Character Poll!
Want to see how well your character is doing in the top 438 check and find out!
The poll results are based on this poll.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Thanks Logo12 from Smashboards for making this!
Over 1600+ votes have been casted in the poll, if you haven't voted please do so!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
It's at this point i'm beginning to despise the Shovel Knight side as almost a good chunk of others on multiple ends or even those who're neutral arent appreciating their efforts. Isnt this like the third time they've made a fake leak pertaining to their choice?

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
If the Krystal wig was true, that be very upsetting. Wolf is cool but Krystal is a more unique character. Her and King k Rool are the ones I want most at this point.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I'm sure her inclusion would please a lot of long time Smash fans as this character has been requested for years both by western and japanese people.
I also think this franchise could use more characters in Smash given that Starfox character have always been fan favorites in Smash.
But the most importat reason is her undeniable potential as a new fighter!
Krystal could have a moveset based on her debut game using her magic staff and some of her gifted abilities thus making her the first non Fox based Starfox character in Smash.
Perfect for people looking for new gameplay styles!

Here is my new vote for the ballot what do you guys think? It took me some time till I was finally satisfied with it =)
Mostly because I tried to appeal fan desire, sales, and moveset potential.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It's at this point i'm beginning to despise the Shovel Knight side as almost a good chunk of others on multiple ends or even those who're neutral arent appreciating their efforts. Isnt this like the third time they've made a fake leak pertaining to their choice?
I know right and all of those leaks involve possible fan favorites being disconfirmed

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well, this will most likely just lead to another attempt of making fake leaks.

I actually woke up in the morning and decided to check this thread quickly and got scared a bit when I heard about a leak with pics and Krystal being a mii costume. But after I checked the "leaks" they immediately seemed so fake, I mean I was expecting to see mii with Krystal outfit and not some easily edited text on a "unlock" screen (I don't mean that I could do it easily or better, but a lot of people can who know how to edit pictures etc). You really need to bring your absolute best if you want your leak to believed as real (meaning mostly a video or a lot of pics on different angles etc), especially when everyone has the access to Smash 4, meaning it's easy to edit and create something that looks real.

#NeverForgetRayman
Majority of people don't have the skillset to make a convincing images based leak. Omni did kind of ruin the party for everyone, but text leaks still get a quick rise out of over optimistic targets if that's what you're looking for. The end of September can't come soon enough. I want some closure on this and to know whether to be completely disappointed with this next wave or not.

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
It's kinda neat, in a way, that at troll thought they could get the most rise out of people by having Krystal relegated to a Mii Costume in their leak. Think about it. They also had Ice Climbers, Shantae, and I'm sure some other very much wanted characters relegated to Mii costume. If this tells us anything, it's that's maybe people are starting to see that Krystal is becoming a serious contender in the ballet, high enough that someone knew they could get a rise out of people by trolling with her. And you know what, they were kinda right.

Krystal's gaining speed! Magical Blue Space Vixen goooooo.

Also, to all the people who have Solatorobo icons: You have wonderful tastes. One of the best DS games ever. LOOOOOVED THE CHARACTERS THE MUSIC AND EVERYTHING.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Majority of people don't have the skillset to make a convincing images based leak. Omni did kind of ruin the party for everyone, but text leaks still get a quick rise out of over optimistic targets if that's what you're looking for. The end of September can't come soon enough. I want some closure on this and to know whether to be completely disappointed with this next wave or not.
You're not alone, I honestly just want this whole thing to be over, xD or Krystal to be announced as early as possible so I could just start training as her. Then I could be in peace while everyone else would keep wondering who could be the next DLC fighter to be added.

It's kinda neat, in a way, that at troll thought they could get the most rise out of people by having Krystal relegated to a Mii Costume in their leak. Think about it. They also had Ice Climbers, Shantae, and I'm sure some other very much wanted characters relegated to Mii costume. If this tells us anything, it's that's maybe people are starting to see that Krystal is becoming a serious contender in the ballet, high enough that someone knew they could get a rise out of people by trolling with her. And you know what, they were kinda right.

Krystal's gaining speed! Magical Blue Space Vixen goooooo.

Also, to all the people who have Solatorobo icons: You have wonderful tastes. One of the best DS games ever. LOOOOOVED THE CHARACTERS THE MUSIC AND EVERYTHING.
It wasn't necessarily an "attack" against anyone, I mean the creator of those fake leaks most likely just thought "what would sound believable?". Though everyone should totally be scared of the Magical Blue Space Vixen >:3

I myself haven't fully started to play Solatorobo yet, ;o only played it a little bit to test it out quickly. But it definitely left me excited about playing it later (I wanna finish a few other games first before I start anything new). I actually found out about the games existence through this thread, when TheCynicalCdr mentioned it once. xD

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
You're not alone, I honestly just want this whole thing to be over, xD or Krystal to be announced as early as possible so I could just start training as her. Then I could be in peace while everyone else would keep wondering who could be the next DLC fighter to be added.

It wasn't necessarily an "attack" against anyone, I mean the creator of those fake leaks most likely just thought "what would sound believable?". Though everyone should totally be scared of the Magical Blue Space Vixen >:3

I myself haven't fully started to play Solatorobo yet, ;o only played it a little bit to test it out quickly. But it definitely left me excited about playing it later (I wanna finish a few other games first before I start anything new). I actually found out about the games existence through this thread, when TheCynicalCdr mentioned it once. xD
It's such a good game, dude. So good.

I didn't so much mean attack as I meant that Krystal is visible enough now that she's being used in leaks. I'm sure she was before, but it does mean people know she's gaining speed. Don't be afraid of the Magical Blue Space Vixen. Be drawn to her, for she is adorable and fluffy.

I'm going to main the hell out of her if she makes it. Seriously. Gonna have her and Fox as my mains. Then we can set up tournaments on this thread and see who is the true Krystal main.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
Krystal is rank 19 overall according to that chart. Though, if you take in account the 500-600 people that voted on the first chart and the remained silent for the rest. More than likely, if you're not voting on a chart you don't especially care about the characters in them or you don't have time. Regardless, most of the votes would probably range 1-3. Which would strongly reduce contenders such as Chibi Robo, Shovel Knight, Professor Layton, Wonder Red, Shantae, Rayman, and Pheonix Wright. Though that's just an assumption based on bringing all of them to an equal number of votes from the entire population that voted...Since they are assisted by people not voting on those ballots because most would have voted on the low spectrum. The important concept to grasp is that Krystal is ranked #5 among possible represented franchise characters.

Top Bottom