• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Typical Nintendrones. >__<

I would like the opportunity to troll some of those haters on YT. Any advice on how to anger them?
I would not advocate stooping to their level, but it can't be too hard. The mere mention of Krystal sets them off. If you really wanna bother them, getting Krystal in Smash is the longest lasting troll you could ask for.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
"Krystal would seem pretty cool in Smash"
"I'm pretty bummed Krystal isn't in Zero"
"I'm a Krystal fan"
I wonder if praising YTers like Gligar13Vids would tick 'em off as much as it would to other Nintendrones?

Also, my Nintendo-hater friend made this funny YT post making fun of SF0 and Miyamoto: "Fox looks so old and bored of his own game in that pic. lol
By the time Miyamotor finally decides to complete the game, Fox will be a living skeleton.
XD"

Also, I just remembered when we talked about the guy blaming Krystal for the delay, and I just remembered something that counters that (from that same friend of mine): "Even if that was the case, how long would it take to include one more portrait and a few lines of dialogue? Oh, wait, it's Nin****o we're talking about so it'd take forever..."

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Now some are saying: "Krystal is the reason SFZ was delayed." She's nowhere in sight, and yet... they constantly use her as a scapegoat.

Ignorance knows no bounds.
Well, what did you expect? This IS a pretty silly fan base after all.

Besides, we don't know everything about the game yet, and we most likely won't anytime soon. For all we know, Miyamoto could be working on DLC levels for the game that involve Dinosaur Planet.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I wonder if praising YTers like Gligar13Vids would tick 'em off as much as it would to other Nintendrones?

Also, my Nintendo-hater friend made this funny YT post making fun of SF0 and Miyamoto: "Fox looks so old and bored of his own game in that pic. lol
By the time Miyamotor finally decides to complete the game, Fox will be a living skeleton.
XD"

Also, I just remembered when we talked about the guy blaming Krystal for the delay, and I just remembered something that counters that (from that same friend of mine): "Even if that was the case, how long would it take to include one more portrait and a few lines of dialogue? Oh, wait, it's Nin****o we're talking about so it'd take forever..."
Wait who said this, and where?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I keep seeing the Zelda social invoked here a lot, and I'm ignorant of what goes on in there. I wonder what all the fuss is about...

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
I keep seeing the Zelda social invoked here a lot, and I'm ignorant of what goes on in there. I wonder what all the fuss is about...
Let's just say it's a very interesting place to go through... gorl... :secretkpop:

This place has practically become a second Zelda Social...
Nothing wrong with that. Keeps people coming.

Last edited:

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised they're already blaming Krystal fans for discontent with Zero. Really? You do realize that there are people who aren't Krystal fans who don't like the direction the game is going?And so what if some Krystal fans express discontent with the game because their favorite character isn't in the game? It's our favorite character, and goodness knows I'm not happy Zero at least for the fact that I'm not getting a game that wipes Command from the face of the universe.

I bet this finger pointing stems from the real and actually sympathetic fear that if Zero does not sell, then Star Fox is going on indefinite deep freeze. They aren't wrong to fear that. F-Zero is nonexistent, and Other M about murdered Metroid. But there are going to be people who are disappointed with the direction Zero is going. And that's okay.

It boggles me how much people dislike Krystal. People really did hate Adventures that much, didn't they? That's a shame, really.

Maybe Krystal haters are in a fever-pitch right now. Her being popular with the Smash poll is showing haters that she just won't die.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm surprised they're already blaming Krystal fans for discontent with Zero. Really? You do realize that there are people who aren't Krystal fans who don't like the direction the game is going?And so what if some Krystal fans express discontent with the game because their favorite character isn't in the game? It's our favorite character, and goodness knows I'm not happy Zero at least for the fact that I'm not getting a game that wipes Command from the face of the universe.

I bet this finger pointing stems from the real and actually sympathetic fear that if Zero does not sell, then Star Fox is going on indefinite deep freeze. They aren't wrong to fear that. F-Zero is nonexistent, and Other M about murdered Metroid. But there are going to be people who are disappointed with the direction Zero is going. And that's okay.

It boggles me how much people dislike Krystal. People really did hate Adventures that much, didn't they? That's a shame, really.

Maybe Krystal haters are in a fever-pitch right now. Her being popular with the Smash poll is showing haters that she just won't die.
What I'd do for a Thorntail Hollow or Krazoa Palace stage. No seriously. I played Adventures through about 30 times with my sister. I'M NOT SCREWING WITH YOU. I can probably invoke every line of dialogue from that game. We'd just take turns playing it and watching each other play it. That's why I get upset seeing so much hate and vitriol about the game just because it wasn't Star Fox 64, even though the Star Fox IP was forced upon it.

Edit: Yeah, I can't see why people are suddenly blaming a character who isn't even in the game when SFZ had pretty glaring flaws in its own right. No multiplayer of any kind, bad graphics for a end-of-gen game, gimmicky dual screen setup which has the game revolve around it, and a supposedly very short campaign (only an hour or two long if the feature length movie length thing is to be taken seriously).

And then they felt the need to delay it.

If SFZ flops then I'm afraid it could be game over for the Star Fox franchise and have it go the way of F-Zero. And now that it's missing holiday sales...could be a mixed bag. I support the delay though. I'd rather have it launch after holidays when it's actually FINISHED.

Last edited:

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
NO BODY BRINGS ME GIFTS ANYMORE

I like the idea of Lylat having a mystical location like Sauria. Makes the universe seem bigger and more exciting! I'd love an Adventures style game with the team planet hopping and going on adventures.

I respect 64. I like it. It's just annoying to hear everyone think that every Star Fox game has to be 64. Star Fox HAS to innovate.

edit: I also agree with the delay. Better the game be finished and polished. And the campaign longer.

And Krystal grandfathered in. Cerina mission away!

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
What I'd do for a Thorntail Hollow or Krazoa Palace stage. No seriously. I played Adventures through about 30 times with my sister. I'M NOT SCREWING WITH YOU. I can probably invoke every line of dialogue from that game. We'd just take turns playing it and watching each other play it. That's why I get upset seeing so much hate and vitriol about the game just because it wasn't Star Fox 64, even though the Star Fox IP was forced upon it.
30 times damm.
I've only completed it twice.
I would love to have a Krozoa palace as a stage seems like the most iconic place in the game since you start and end the game in this place This is gonna seems odd but I would like to have a rainy stage (I love rain for some reason) like in distant planet on brawl but all stormy and foggy epic scenary indeed.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
30 times damm.
I've only completed it twice.
I would love to have a Krozoa palace as a stage seems like the most iconic place in the game since you start and end the game in this place This is gonna seems odd but I would like to have a rainy stage (I love rain for some reason) like in distant planet on the brawl but all stormy and foggy epic scenary indeed.
For me it's mostly a chance to finally have some Adventures music, which none have ever been in Smash as far as I recall.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
For me it's mostly a chance to finally have some Adventures music, which none have ever been in Smash as far as I recall.
Are there any pieces you would like to see? I'm honestly curious I don't remember all the soundtrack and most of the tracks I remember don't fit too well in fighting game.

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice

About that fear of SF dying: Maybe they won't have to worry about that if Nintendo goes out of business (which they're likely to do sometime in the kinda-near future; the NX is likely to flop, for example) and their IPs fall into the hands of better developers.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Are there any pieces you would like to see? I'm honestly curious I don't remember all the soundtrack and most of the tracks I remember don't match a fighting game.
I guess it depends on the stage.

For a hypothetical Krazoa Palace Stage (for both platforms):

-Krazoa Palace (Main Theme for 3DS) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzpFz6IGnE
-Ocean Force Point Temple (possible alternate theme for 3DS) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJKTFm-FMC4
-Dragon Rock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3CGYH48BAw
-Dark Ice Mines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9bkPUA1WOA
-Cloudrunner Fortress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYOR0IxgfZk
-Galleon Fight (possible alternate theme for 3DS?) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uTDybxSbz4
-Drakkor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ckhcseAcc

For a hypothetical Thorntail Hollow Stage:

-Thorntail Hollow Day (Obv main 3DS theme) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr2TpvjZ1Sg
-Thorntail Hollow Night (Obv alt 3DS theme) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHifmTMyAZI
-Snowhorn Wastes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pqV11IWzE
-Cape Claw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8noonzD6Rs

Just some I can think of off the top of my head.

Thorntail Hollow Night, Dragon Rock, and Cloudrunner Fortress (Spiral Stairs) would be my top picks.

I can see Krazoa Palace being more moody and dark like Unova League. I can see Thorntail Hollow being more atmospheric and chill like Garden of Hope.

Last edited:

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
I don't see Nintendo going out of business anytime in the near future, but I am worried about them jumping ship from the Wii U too soon. I do wish Nintendo was more liberal with using it's other, less used IPs, though.

And I want my Adventures 3DS remake.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Agreed. Nintendo's mighty war chest could last them several Wii Us easily (if we ignore the fact it's turning a profit right now). I'd love an Adventures remake on 3DS, as much as it would likely not happen.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I don't see Nintendo going out of business anytime in the near future, but I am worried about them jumping ship from the Wii U too soon. I do wish Nintendo was more liberal with using it's other, less used IPs, though.

And I want my Adventures 3DS remake.
I've said before as a kid I though adventures was a masterpiece, the game was from a friend and I never saw that WATAFU ending so if we get a remake TOP PRIORITY change the ending! I heard Fox and Krystal would team up to be scales like in Wind waker that sounds 100 times better than the actual boss fight.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I've said before as a kid I though adventures was a masterpiece, the game was from a friend and I never saw that WATAFU ending so if we get a remake TOP PRIORITY change the ending! I heard Fox and Krystal would team up to be scales like in Wind waker that sounds 100 times better than the actual boss fight.
Pretty much. Just let us fight General Scales and all will be well, even if we still have to fight Andross after.

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
I'd love if the gameplay was changed so that Fox and Krys work together the whole game.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Which studio is best suited to give a remake of Adventures in your opinion?
Hmm...

Honestly?

Retro Studios.

They seem to have a good grasp of Rare's charm and handle fan favorite IPs with care. If I knew Retro was doing an Adventure's remake then that would be my Game of the Year at least in terms of hype.

Last edited:

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
I'd love if Wayforward did it and made it 2D. That would be odd, but interesting.

Flyer, that would be neat. I was thinking more along the lines of something like Ico, except Fox and Krystal work together to solve puzzles and fight. Fox would bring his blaster and be suited for ranged combat, and Krystal with her staff would be the melee fighter. You could switch between the two, and some parts of the game would split the two of them up.

Best part though? Campfire scenes! For heart-to-heart talks and OTP goodness.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'd love if Wayforward did it and made it 2D. That would be odd, but interesting.

Flyer, that would be neat. I was thinking more along the lines of something like Ico, except Fox and Krystal work together to solve puzzles and fight. Fox would bring his blaster and be suited for ranged combat, and Krystal with her staff would be the melee fighter. You could switch between the two, and some parts of the game would split the two of them up.

Best part though? Campfire scenes! For heart-to-heart talks and OTP goodness.
WayForward is an interesting choice, as is making it 2D.

If we are using independent studios for the Adventures remake and possibly going for that Dinosaur Planet vision pre-Starfox, I'd say Playtonic. Indeed this was a Rare IP at one point before ADD FOX PLZ. I have full faith in the ex-Rare devs. I'd like to see how Yooka-Laylee (the only thing I ever contributed to a Kickstarter for) turns out before then. WayForward is definitely interesting choice I could get behind.

Speaking strictly in terms of Nintendo though if it's a straight up remake including the Star Fox IP, my vote goes to Retro any day.

Edit: Aw hell with it. It's two weeks in and it probably won't matter, but I decided to throw in a vote for Krystal. That makes 5 characters I voted for. King K. Rool (3 times), Bandana Dee, Shantae, Ridley, and now Krystal. I had to if those THIRTY playthroughs of Adventures with my sibling meant anything.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Hmm...

Honestly?

Retro Studios.

They seem to have a good grasp of Rare's charm and handle fan favorite IPs with care. If I knew Retro was doing an Adventure's remake then that would be my Game of the Year at least in terms of hype.
I never considered them from that perspective. That does make sense. I defaulted to Platinum, because they have experience molding a strong female lead. I also thought they'd do a great job developing a wide array of moves for Krystal; however, I'll admit that 30 different combos aren't necessary in an adventure game. Half the fun for me was in meeting new NPCs and collecting things. lol

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I never considered them from that perspective. That does make sense. I defaulted to Platinum, because they have experience molding a strong female lead. I also thought they'd do a great job developing a wide array of moves for Krystal; however, I'll admit that 30 different combos aren't necessary in an adventure game. Half the fun for me was in meeting new NPCs and collecting things. lol
I honestly didn't think of Platinum. They're currently assisting with, if not making, Star Fox Zero aren't they?

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
Team Combos with Fox and Krystal. We Project X-Zone now boyz.

I think a remake of Adventures presents the possibility of making Sauria even bigger, which means more locals to explore. Bottom line, I want a remake that has Fox and Krystal working together. Krystal can still get captured, but then I'd want Fox getting swept away to Krazoa palace while flying to Thorntail Hallow so he can save her and work with her.

Team work is best work.

Top Bottom